It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"How about the Democratic Party pay for all the misery brought to my race"

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Hmm maybe people wanted to do it without breaking the law to make a point?

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

SO if a majority of people in a town thinking a statue is negative because of past racism they should not tear it down because of freedom of speech?

Doesn't make sense.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: SilentSaturn
a reply to: DBCowboy

Statues are books??

Statues are objects created and represent the free expression of the one who created it.

Now you may not be an idiot, but your post was epically moronic.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 07:22 PM
link   

I'd love to see an ATS response to a bunch of AOC supporters putting up a statue that says "White males are inferior". Let's see your "freedom of speech" response then.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Funny. The right constantly complain about the left attacking white males. Yet, if they defend racists it's "freeom of speech", and not an attack on a individual class like "white males". Hypocrisy. Democracy decides if a statue should be taken down.

Emotional instability ? It's about negative images of racist individuals being present in open society. Tons of positive individuals who wern't racist at all. You rather defend racists than agree to replace racists with positive symbols.

edit on 19-6-2019 by SilentSaturn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   

They could apply for permits and legislated exceptions and waivers😎

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Anybody notice how delusional Dems are getting. I mean, its really getting dangerously bad now. The amount of "I know you are" kindergarten turnabout just on this site by Dems is pretty scary. I guess when your party is failing hard theres not much left for you.

link   

I'd love to see an ATS response to a bunch of AOC supporters putting up a statue that says "White males are inferior". Let's see your "freedom of speech" response then.

Again, a simple-minded post.

Why not look at the threads about Kathy Griffin displaying the decapitated “head” of Trump?

link   

Many statues were torn down illegally and people were prosecuted😎

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Sure, I am all for that. Going through the process. I actually agree with many on here that the left has become extreme. However, many on the right have lost their minds too. Defending racism because it suits their cause.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 07:28 PM
link   

I would be all in favor of AOC putting up any statue as a symbol of Freedom of Speech 😎

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Yea and i was against that. I think she should have been taken down because it was extremely negative. You want to turn the world into a 4-chan post, then go ahead. I don't.

Do you support griffin, if not, then why do you support racist statues?

Granted, if you support all of it, then fine by me. That's your opinion, i just see the right as being very hypocritical.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Destroying Historical Statues is just a Very Juvenile Way of Forcing the Rest of the Country to pay Attention to a Political Ideology that is Overtly Anti-American and Anarchistic in Nature ....The American Flag will be Torn Down too if the Rest of US Let them .........ENOUGH !

edit on 19-6-2019 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Yea cause the confederacy is what America is all about ... "Smack my head"

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Yea and i was against that. I think she should have been taken down because it was extremely negative. You want to turn the world into a 4-chan post, then go ahead. I don't.

Do you support griffin, if not, then why do you support racist statues?

Granted, if you support all of it, then fine by me. That's your opinion, i just see the right as being very hypocritical.

I defended Griffin because I believe in free speech and free expression.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Until it offends enough people that they don't want it in their public sphere. Im not advocating removing it from history, just from people having to look at generals who liked slavery..

Instead of tearing down the statues, why didn't somebody simply sponsor a mass graffiti campaign ?

That way future generations would still see it 😎

Kind of funny you mention that .

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WAVE) - A Muslim advocacy group wants police to investigate the spray painting of Muhammad Ali’s face on a Highlands mural as a possible hate crime. The vandalism of the Kentucky Rushmore mural on Bardstown Road happened on June 12, just days after the city celebrated Muhammad Ali week. PREVIOUS STORY: Vandals target Muhammad Ali on Kentucky Rushmore mural Someone painted the words “racist," “anti-semetic” and “homophobe” over Ali’s image. The Kentucky chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations said the community needs to stand up and loudly say no to hatred and division. The mural has since been restored.

www.wave3.com...

If anyone knows anything about Mohammad Ali, he was all the above, but they want it as a possible hate crime?

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   

a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Yea cause the confederacy is what America is all about ... "Smack my head"

WTF does that Actually " Mean " in English Mr. Shush?
edit on 19-6-2019 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 07:38 PM
link   

How is it moronic? I was basically saying statues aren't books. Have fun insulting me while glorifying your idol statues of racist confederates. I'm sure you're one of those who think racism wasn't a big deal in the u.s. Let met guess? You'll say "white people were slaves too" next.

Typical racist apologist.
edit on 19-6-2019 by SilentSaturn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Emotional instability ? It's about negative images of racist individuals being present in open society. Tons of positive individuals who wern't racist at all. You rather defend racists than agree to replace racists with positive symbols.

Yes. Those who aren't able to look at a statue because it may remind them of a harsh and unforgiving time in history are what I would call emotionally unstable, emotionally fragile, and mentally weak among many other things.

At the essence if every statue lies an important time in history -- nothing more, nothing less.

You should learn from your history, not run from it.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: SilentSaturn

Another moronic post.

You don’t even know my skin color.

But because I defend free expression you leftists call me racist.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join