It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"How about the Democratic Party pay for all the misery brought to my race"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: Lumenari

The Founding Fathers were slaves owners, that means they were Democrats! Why not start bashing them are their work?

You probably really need to read up on the whole thing. Most were against it, and acknowledged that it violated the core ideals of liberty, but had to reconcile that with their commitment to private property rights, principles of limited government, and intersectional harmony.

Quite the interesting read.

edit on 19-6-2019 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   

You guys don't like when black people blame the Republican party for slavery, why is it ok to blame Democrats? Double standards?

Do you even know what president signed the emancipation proclaimation, or which party passed the civil rights act and which overwhelmingly voted against it? Quit bandwagoning as a democrat and read a history book for christ's sake < Snip >

Mod note: Please refrain from direct insults to other members in posts.
edit on 6/19/19 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Two words: southern strategy.

Look it up my Australian friend. If you really care about a "history" lesson. I doubt you do though.

Two words: Solid South.

Look it up, and learn something, if you care about history.

He won't bother. He's already sold on his revisionist history.
Probably helps him sleep at night.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Do you show up to "enlighten" everyone on the anti-trump threads too, in equal measure? Because then, and only then, I might start to take you seriously.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Democrats at it again.

They keep shouting "Equality" while they keep placing people in segregated categories 😆

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: SilentSaturn

And yet republicans still defend Jim Crow statues......

Freedom of Speech.
Perhaps you've heard of it.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 06:15 PM
link   

You guys don't like when black people blame the Republican party for slavery, why is it ok to blame Democrats? Double standards?

To blame racism or slavery on any one party or people is the height of ignorance and does nothing but continue the partisan BS. Slavery existed long before America and spans human history throughout several races and cultures. Even America's own Founding Fathers owned slaves. I don't see you guys bashing the Founding Fathers because of that fact like you do with all Democrats.

Why the double standard? Why is everything you bring to the table the same old thing over and over again?

"Liberals bad, orange man good".

This is HISTORICAL ACCURACY.

It was ALL on Dems.
Then as now, fakes, narcissists and posers.

Republicans are the ones that freed the slaves, remember

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 06:18 PM
link   

If you can't defend your stance then why even bother replying to me?

The founding fathers did not fight a war to keep their slaves.

George Washington on the other hand helped build schools for blacks at a time when teaching them to read was a crime punishable by death.

I don't need to defend my stance to anyone with even a passing knowledge of American history.

I'm betting your favorite FF was Hamilton though.

edit on 19-6-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Freedom of Speech.

Respect, have you heard of it?

I don't call for banning statues, but removal of certain statues from public spheres. That has nothing to do with freedom of speech. If I pay $500,000 to have a statue that says "N@igger", and people complain to have it removed; is that a violation of freedom of speech??

I'm hard proponent of freedom of speech but keeping racist statues up goes far beyond that argument. It promotes racism. You will hear many defendants bring up that nonsense "southern heritage" argument.

So yea.. the right has obvious racists on its side that people ignore and use "freedom of speech" to defend.

I think the KKK or black panthers should be able to say whatever they want (minus violence incitements). However, if a majority of people find offense, then they should no longer be able to be allowed in that area.

The statues showed that the right still has an ignorant side to them. Democrats deserve bashing, but many on ATS avoid the fact that the right ignores racism. It defends it with nonsense arguments and condones it as "southern heritage".

edit on 19-6-2019 by SilentSaturn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz

Times change.. You can't say democrats or republicans are the same as 100 years ago. That's f!cking stupid....

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Freedom of Speech.

Respect, have you heard of it?

I don't call for banning statues, but removal of certain statues from public spheres. That has nothing to do with freedom of speech. If I pay $500,000 to have a statue that says "N@igger", and people complain to have it removed; is that a violation of freedom of speech??

I'm hard proponent of freedom of speech but keeping racist statues up goes far beyond that argument. It promotes racism. You will hear many defendants bring up that nonsense "southern heritage" argument.

So yea.. the right has obvious racists on its side that people ignore and use "freedom of speech" to defend.

I think the KKK or black panthers should be able to say whatever they want (minus violence incitements). However, if a majority of people find offense, then they should no longer be able to be allowed in that area).

The statues should that much of the right still has an ignorant side to them. Democrats deserve bashing, but many on ATS avoid the fact that the right ignores racism.

It wasn't the right tearing down statues of Southern generals though... it was the left.

Need to get THAT part of their history cleansed and rewritten, right?

As for as you being all for free speech until a majority of people find it offensive?

You have no damn clue what the idea of free speech in America actually means then.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Freedom of Speech.

I think the KKK or black panthers should be able to say whatever they want (minus violence incitements). However, if a majority of people find offense, then they should no longer be able to be allowed in that area.

Lol, did you really just type that out and actually believe it?

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: SilentSaturn

Senator Byrd (D) died in office in 2010 and was still a Grand Dragon in the KKK.

9 years < 100 years.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 06:31 PM
link   

So you're for free speech until that speech offends someone?

I don't think you understand what free speech is my friend.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Senator Byrd (D) died in office in 2010 and was still a Grand Dragon in the KKK.

9 years < 100 years.

Yes. Hillary's stated "mentor" was the 'Exalted Cyclops' of the KKK.

edit on 19-6-2019 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 06:36 PM
link   

It's freedom of speech if a majority want the statues of up or teared down. That's my point. People were waking up to the statues that were built out of racism or by people who favored slavery.

But keep defending statues that promote slavery. Real great cause...

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

Until it offends enough people that they don't want it in their public sphere. Im not advocating removing it from history, just from people having to look at generals who liked slavery..

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 06:37 PM
link   

It's freedom of speech if a majority want the statues of up or teared down. That's my point. People were waking up to the statues that were built out of racism or by people who favored slavery.

You clearly don't understand the concept of freedom of speech.
Stop embarrassing yourself.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

9 years < 100 years.

...and Bill Clinton thought was a great guy... Hillary adored him too.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 06:46 PM
link   

History is a great teacher...and those whom fail to learn from history...will repeat it.

It appears Democrats really want to tear down any statue and rewrite any history...which reminds and teaches the world of Democrat's own sordid past.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join