It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"How about the Democratic Party pay for all the misery brought to my race"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

When someone from half way around the world has to bring historic facts about US history to the attention of a subset of US citizens, it's time to reevaluate your education system, parenting protocols, what you watch on TV and who you vote for.

Seriously.

All you have shown is that government can't be trusted and only a fool would do so and cheer for their political team.

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: Lumenari

The Founding Fathers were slaves owners, that means they were Democrats! Why not start bashing then are their works?

If anything, the philosophies of Charity, Philanthropy, community, freedom & liberty are LIBERTARIAN ideals before they are rep or dem ideals - and that's what the FF bought to the table, before anything else.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   

a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."

Hence why I made my comment on the "D" and "R" causes people happily lock themselves inside of.

Sure, but the notion that you're automatically "R" after leaving "D" is false.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Reparations are stupid and anyone who wants them to become law are stupid.

However here's some questions on parties everyone glossing over history needs to ask themselves:
  • Where did most of the Democrats of the 1860's reside and were they conservative or progressive?
  • Where did most of the Republicans of the 1860's reside and were they conservative or progressive?
  • What areas of the country now are considered mostly conservative and mostly progressive and what parties do they typically align with?

edit on 19-6-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

So you choose to ignore them owning slaves? So what is this thread all about then? Virtue signaling something that you yourself overlook depending on the situation?

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Two words: southern strategy.

That tired old propaganda again 😆

What difference does it make?

A Democrat is a Democrat
is a Democrat
is a Democrat
is a Democrat
is a Democrat
is a Democrat😆

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Not to mention, former US slaves owned slaves. They believe black slave owners owned somewhere around 5K slaves total. Bet PBS never does an episode on "re-re-framing America".

And the last state in the Union to legally allow slavery was not a Confederate state. If the war was all about slavery then did they just forget about one east coast state and let them slide for a little bit. I don't think so. This was brought up in the hearing by one smarty pants that was saying some "whites" still think the war was not about slavery entirely. Yeah, buddy I'm one of those because the Union states, for the record, still owned slaves after Lincoln abolished it in the south.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 04:26 PM
link   
This Demorat BS is getting old. Idiocrasy in it's finest hour. Seriously, how can such a large group of people be onboard with an idea this f'n stupid. I'm sure someone here will be stupid enough to come along and defend this nonsense, who's going to show up for that? LOL

This is like punishing me for a crime I never committed just because I'm white and now they're going to nail me monetarily for it? The Demorats can take their "white privilege" reparations propaganda and shove it up their...........

Here's a great video of a kid pushing this crap, he gets smoked by Dinesh. He even shuts down the kids cheerleading professor. Well worth the watch

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 04:28 PM
link   

So you choose to ignore them owning slaves? So what is this thread all about then? Virtue signaling something that you yourself overlook depending on the situation?

Listen, I didn't ignore the fact that the FF were slave owners, I know they were slave owners. This is about 2019 and the state of affairs in your country vis-a-vis hanging on to your precious racist past and not moving on. Burgess Owens has given you a means to move on - you simply need to accept facts, drop your feelings and admit you need to study up on everything you've been taught and told to date by those you consider 'the authority'.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 04:29 PM
link   
The only reparations they deserve are boat tickets back to their country of origin.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Democrats were considered the conservative party leading up to and during the civil war. They wanted to uphold their traditional way of economy, slavery.

The republicans were progressive, very progressive, taking after the success of the industrial revolution.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 04:35 PM
link   

But the Democrats don't own slaves in 2019? I fail to see how this is about 2019 when we're talking about who was a slave owner a hundred years ago.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
Democrats were considered the conservative party leading up to and during the civil war. They wanted to uphold their traditional way of economy, slavery.

The republicans were progressive, very progressive, taking after the success of the industrial revolution.

And now my third question?

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 04:37 PM
link   

The Founding Fathers were slaves owners, that means they were Democrats! Why not start bashing them are their work?

Oh!!!

I'm sorry.. I didn't realize that today was your "Woke but obtuse" day.

Carry on with your bad self... and reality or the actual topic be damned!!!!

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   

You guys don't like when black people blame the Republican party for slavery, why is it ok to blame Democrats? Double standards?

Why would they blame Republicans for slavery when the very first republican president was Lincoln and we all kind of know what he did.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   

If you can't defend your stance then why even bother replying to me?

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 04:40 PM
link   

OK, lets start at the (modern) beginning.

How have these hearings come about? Who wants them? Why are they being held?

Can you answer this simple 3-part question (without going off on a tangent)?

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 04:40 PM
link   

But the Democrats don't own slaves in 2019? I fail to see how this is about 2019 when we're talking about who was a slave owner a hundred years ago.

150+ years ago...

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

And which Democrats support slavery in the form that the man in the OP is talking about? I don't see any of them on either side of the aisle much less on the Democrat side.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   

You guys don't like when black people blame the Republican party for slavery, why is it ok to blame Democrats? Double standards?

To blame racism or slavery on any one party or people is the height of ignorance and does nothing but continue the partisan BS. Slavery existed long before America and spans human history throughout several races and cultures. Even America's own Founding Fathers owned slaves. I don't see you guys bashing the Founding Fathers because of that fact like you do with all Democrats.

Why the double standard? Why is everything you bring to the table the same old thing over and over again?

"Liberals bad, orange man good".

Nope. The Democrats are and have always been the party of racism.
As the fine gentlemen testified today, those racist Democrats tried hard to revise history, but it's not working.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join