It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"How about the Democratic Party pay for all the misery brought to my race"

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Justoneman
Please find the one for the Congress. People are curious now.

There's no composite, just individual, but they're out there.

It is safe to say it goes back and forth between the two parties having the majority of voters on their team. Swings all one side to another historically.

I can say you are probably on to something about our current state of R to D county to county too because lately the whole country has been leaning conservative on different subjects. Especially with strange sources coming together on issues on both sides to polarize. Things like Never Trumpers being his biggest cheerleaders, or those Jihadi oriented Congresspeople and Gays supporting D's and vice versa.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

It typically swings when one party overreaches. And the Dems have gone far beyond anything we have seen. They are straight of anti American and a bunch of nutcases that will do anything for power even promise freebies for everything when they know we can't afford it. They are so f***king desperate to get rid of Trump that they would say anything.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 10:55 PM
link   
What bothers you so much about the Dem party being put on the defensive for once regarding accurate facts about the racist history of this country? Does it not fit well in your narrative or something else you'd like to share besides such ugly comments of yours... a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

In the twenties and thirties, the Klan numbered, possibly, in the hundreds of thousands, all over the nation. They were a power to be reckoned with. Judges, sheriffs, mayors, congressmen, people from every segment of society were present in the Klan.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Almost like a "3rd" Party 😎

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Very much so. The Klan crossed, at that time, party lines. In the south Democrats. In the north, Republicans. Out west, it could go either way, or so I'm told.

My grandfather had to deal with the Klan on a very regular basis, as a county sheriff. My Dad said it got a bit worrisome upon occasion... He told me of a time when he was still in high school, which would have been the late 1930's, 1938 I think...he sat in the passenger seat of Grandpas patrol car with a loaded pump shotgun...while grandpa was dealing with a Klan gathering, aka cross burning. He got 'em to go home. Put out the cross. Went home to dinner.

Grandpa was an incredible poker player by all accounts...a total bluff on his part--hoping like hell his oldest son wouldn't have to do anything they'd both regret. The bluff worked. The Klansmen thought that the figure sitting in the seat of the car was the deputy, and not his 17-18 year old son... (((whew))) That's, even the better part of a century later, enough to raise goose bumps... Not sure I'd have the brass to pull something like that off.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Cool Heritage with much historical value.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 02:22 AM
link   
For anyone who really wants to know what went on in the South... please, as a red-blooded Southernor, let me enlighten you...

First of all, the Klan was not organized to fight blacks. It was an early vigilante group to combat crime in an area where too many people were above the law. The white robes were chosen to indicate purity. The cross was of course a Christian symbol. The hoods were needed because they went up against some pretty powerful people. The way it worked was: if you were targeted for a number of offenses, like wife-beating, horse-beating, being a bum and letting your family go hungry, or persecuting innocents, you would awaken one night to a flaming cross in your yard. That was your warning. If you ignored the warning and continued in your "sinful" ways, the next visit would be a severe beating. The beatings would continue until you either shaped up or died from injuries. There were no beatings under the light of a burning cross. That started much later.

In the 1850s, the South was primarily agricultural while the North was primarily industrial. That meant the North had the money and the votes, since industry is more profitable in a smaller area than agriculture. The South was made up of the elite, a small group of plantation owners and politicians, the poor whites who eked out a bare living on small family farms or worked for the plantation owners as sharecroppers, and the slaves, primarily black, who actually worked the plantation fields. Several bills were passed in Congress that gave the North an advantage economically over the South, then a hefty tax was proposed that taxed based only on area and not on value. That was a serious problem for the South, since it took a few thousand acres of farm land to equal the value of a single acre with an industrial plant.

Slavery was also a big issue. Where an industrial plant could do just fine with workers, there weren't enough workers to work the massive plantations in the South. The North did not get rid of slavery; they tried to increase it to whites as well, by making them dependent on their job for their survival. The plantation owners in the South simply imported more black slaves; the poor whites, the vast (free) majority in the South, owned no slaves as they couldn't afford them.

Then the North decided to push for the land tax. The South seceded and claimed Federal lands in the South, including Fort Sumter. That started the War of Northern Aggression, and when Lincoln wasn't able to quickly end it, he used the slave issue to build support for his war. Between Grant and the war criminal Sherman, most of the South was devastated, including the black slaves. Thousands upon thousands died because Sherman burned all the food and then the bridges behind him, leaving the freed blacks to starve. Lincoln, Grant, and Sherman were all convinced that black folk were inferior; they simply wanted to bring the South back into the Union and used the slavery issue to build their support.

So let's get over this idea that either side was really fighting for or against slavery. It was about money, independence, and politics.

In the aftermath of the war, Confederate soldiers returned home to find their families dead, their crops burned, their homes destroyed, and now the threat of a land tax hanging over their head. Carpetbaggers, wealthy investors from the North, offered pennies on the dollar for the land and many were forced to sell or lose everything to taxes. In this climate, the KKK changed into the racist group they are today. The anger was toward the North, but the Northerners weren't there... the slaves were. So the slaves became the object of their ire.

Since the Republicans were behind the war, the South became solidly Democrat. It remained that way, more or less, until around 1980. Jimmy Carter was a huge disappointment: he was ineffective as President and caused severe economic problems. Reagan ushered in a new wave of prosperity, and the South moved Republican, and has stayed that way ever since.

Growing up, I remember there were maybe one or two Republicans on the local ballots every election... that was it, and they were considered a joke. Most races were decided officially in the Primary. Now it's the opposite; many races are decided in the Republican Primary, and most Democrat candidates are considered a joke... save a few party holdouts who actually do a good job and remain in office. The South is solidly Republican now. We never left the Democratic Party... the Democratic Party left us by doing what the Republicans did back in the mid-1800s: destroying our economy and our lives.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Rob808

There's nothing defensive about my post, both parties are corrupt and part of the same establishment, you've never seen me say otherwise nor will you ever. Democrats could go extinct tomorrow, it doesn't mean anything is going to get any better.

If you buy into the whole "liberals bad, orange man good" narrative you're just as gullible as those loony leftists who've been screaming Russia and impeachment for 3 years.
edit on 6/21/2019 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 03:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: Rob808

There's nothing defensive about my post, both parties are corrupt and part of the same establishment, you've never seen me say otherwise nor will you ever. Democrats could go extinct tomorrow, it doesn't mean anything is going to get any better.

If you buy into the whole "liberals bad, orange man good" narrative you're just as gullible as those loony leftists whose been screaming Russia and impeachment.

Do all of us a HUGE favour man, since it’s all the same either way to you, go down to the booth next November and tick the box with the Orange Man’s name in it.

Nobody will know.

Make the landslide even bigger.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Book burners are Republicans, now a days they burn shoes and blenders?

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Thank you!

That is the point I was trying to make. AM is technically correct in his statement also, but the south has long had a strong democratic base. Yes, there are exceptions, but overall strong democrat.

That's all I was trying to point out.

edit on 6/21/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Theyy

I hope you're joking!

Book burning is no different than destroying historically significant art, sculpture and statues. It is a form of censorship based on religious and/or political opposition...and we all know who the champions of this practice are, right? Once again, the Democrats!

edit on 6/21/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Read my post above. The South had a strong Democratic base. That is pretty much gone now.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Since no white people alive today are slave owners, and no black people alive today are slaves, what does this accomplish other than the democrats offering more crap to keep their boots on the necks of the black race?

They were the slave owners anyways so if they want to pay up, that's their choice. My ancestors fought for the Confederacy but none of them owned slaves, they just wanted to be able to let their states have independent rights.

This is a common misconception if you want to get technical and yet one more of a million reasons the millennial generation is an incompetent one full of hypocrites and fools. You probably werent thinking of it but you are active on ATS enough for me to be aware of the fact you're an intellihet informed person so tis is not as much directed at you than those wgo are unaware of the fact slavery is still rampant, several Masai just died who were part of a roundup of natives Tunisian soldiers down in central Africa captured to shackle their feet and March them five days to the boat which killed three of them. they were left on the bach ad the other 297 were taken to Riyahd to the slave market. e

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

And the Chicago Cubs used to be the White Stockings. Doesn't mean they're the White Sox now.

We have two political parties in the US right now who primarily fight for whatever best helps large corporations. They just do it in different ways. Neither cares, nor is affected much by what happened 150+ years ago.

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 07:30 PM
link   

You guys don't like when black people blame the Republican party for slavery, why is it ok to blame Democrats? Double standards?

To blame racism or slavery on any one party or people is the height of ignorance and does nothing but continue the partisan BS. Slavery existed long before America and spans human history throughout several races and cultures. Even America's own Founding Fathers owned slaves. I don't see you guys bashing the Founding Fathers because of that fact like you do with all Democrats.

Why the double standard? Why is everything you bring to the table the same old thing over and over again?

"Liberals bad, orange man good".

The Republican party ended slavery! The Democratic party created the KKK see the difference? The Republican Party was founded in 1854 Slavery was abolished in 1865 the civil war started in 1861. History when one knows it one can make intelligent points! When one doesn't one makes baseless accusations that show lack of intelligence!!

edit on 3-7-2019 by CrazyFox because: Add

edit on 3-7-2019 by CrazyFox because: Added for clarity

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 09:54 PM
link   

a reply to: UKTruth

The Democratic party of today is different than the one over a hundred years ago. You're trying to revise history by acting like Democrats today are like the ones from back in the days of slavery.

You're not revising history? Gimme a break.

Hillary Clinton's mentor was the grand wizard of kkk. How "not in my backyard" Byeden One the last d candidate for president the next current front runner for them Party is still the racist party it was when it was formed.

edit on 3-7-2019 by CrazyFox because: Eh

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 10:33 PM
link   
BREAKING! States and groups who approve of Baby-Murder, have found 3 Liberal Judges who also support Murdering Human Babies.

Trump administration rules that impose additional hurdles for low-income women seeking abortions are on hold once again.

The 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in San Francisco on Wednesday vacated a unanimous ruling from a three-judge panel and said a slate of 11 judges will reconsider lawsuits brought by more than 20 states and several civil rights and health organizations challenging the rules.

The rules ban taxpayer-funded clinics from making abortion referrals, and prohibit clinics that receive federal money from sharing office space with abortion providers.
More at: abcnews.go.com...

posted on Jul, 3 2019 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
"I'll take 'things you won't see or hear on MSNBCNNABCBS' for $500, Alex"

Burgess Owens just had 5 minutes in front of the House Judiciary Subcommittee on the Constitution, Civil rights & Civil liberties to give his opinion on slavery repatriations.

Some reading this are about the get a much needed history lesson.

I liked this bit a lot..

“I used to be a Democrat until I did my history and found out the misery that that party brought to my race"

The wonderful karma surrounding Mr bucket-o-chicken Steve Cohen being the recipient, on behalf of his cult party, of such a pwning is truly of epic proportions.

Enjoy, I know I did...

Was this on Australian civil liberties or across the board? I work for a living to provide for those who don't work.

Color me curious.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join