It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York allows undocumented immigrants drivers licenses

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

The wont' be when they get all the pieces in place to legitimize them.
edit on 6/19/2019 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 05:10 PM
link   
So isnt this colluding with foreign powers to undermine the established laws? Well aint that the cat calling the kettle black...

Ironically it will back fire on them as most folk in the construction business really dig the excessive amount of work needing to be done and people willing to pay to do it. Its been booming here for a few years and no one I know wants it to end anytime soon.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 09:23 PM
link   
My son in law was not a legal alien till about ten years ago and he had a drivers license for many years before that. I think there was some sort of change that occurred about ten years ago in Michigan that forced him to go get his paperwork so he could drive yet. I do not know if Illegal immigrants can drive here now. He may have gone through that to insure he could keep driving, or it could be some sort of coincidence he did it at the same time.

My son in law was legally here till he turned eighteen, then he was supposed to apply on his own, but he never did. He is now in his forties. He has been married to my daughter for twenty one years now, he has a decent job and works hard but it is still hard for him to get his citizenship because it costs so much, they have five kids, it is expensive to bring up all the kids.

The government should make it more affordible for these people to get citizenship. They have to drive hundreds of miles every so many years just to renew his paperwork, there is no reason this kind of stuff should be so expensive, they already have over eight grand into everything and it will be another five to become a full blown citizen. Most of the money they have spent goes to lawyers, only a few thousand actually goes to the government.

According to the State of Michigan, driving is a privilege, not a right. That has been challenged and it holds up. They can take your license if you break a driving law if the law is applied to all drivers evenly.
edit on 19-6-2019 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

The government should make it more affordible for these people to get citizenship. They have to drive hundreds of miles every so many years just to renew his paperwork, there is no reason this kind of stuff should be so expensive, they already have over eight grand into everything and it will be another five to become a full blown citizen.

You have not argument from me that our system needs work. I really believe some people are keeping the way it is because they have more power over people that fear deportation.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Can someone please tell me what is the point of citizenship if ILLEGAL people are afforded all the rights of citizens?

Ahhh, so you are finally beginning to see and understand what all of this open borders really means. Good work, grasshopper!

Anymore, "citizenship" is basically a two edged sword, especially if you are wealthy. At the core of citizenship, it has been reduced to a work permit. It comes with a price in that when exercising your work permit, you have to pay taxes. Illegals get paid less but they dont pay any incme taxes.

Another big reason they issue the drivers licenses is they can be used to register to vote.

What may well happen is that to the extent the US continues to be invaded and rights are awarded illegals, more and more "born in USA" legacy citizens will come to question the validity of the Federal Gov't. As that happens, they will become increasingly disaffected and at the same time the Feds will lose credibility and the ability to govern. The US will increasingly become a nation of immigrants and Expats.

Let that sink in for a minute. As this influx of migrants continues and increases, as they flood into the public schools, how excited will you be to tell your children they should put their lives on the line, serve in the military, to support this government?

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: rickymouse

The government should make it more affordible for these people to get citizenship. They have to drive hundreds of miles every so many years just to renew his paperwork, there is no reason this kind of stuff should be so expensive, they already have over eight grand into everything and it will be another five to become a full blown citizen.

You have not argument from me that our system needs work. I really believe some people are keeping the way it is because they have more power over people that fear deportation.

It seems that lawyers, a group that helps to make our laws, profits the most by any legal matter these days. They have made everything complicated and if your kid does get in a little trouble, it seems like the legal fees are way more than a fine would be. Our society has become totally dependent on lawyers these days and people sue at the drop of a hat. So many people bring about big lawsuits against our police and against companies if someone gets hurt using the product improperly or if a product fails. The legal fees and judgement fees of lawsuits just raise prices of everything. We are always getting class action law suit info in the mail for something or other, if you do get a win, you get twenty bucks....the legal team gets many millions on handling the lawsuit. It is getting ridiculous.

There are good lawyers out there, but there seems to be a quarter of them that cause most of the problems and increase prices at the store and bankrupt companies while bringing up the price of our insurances too.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join