It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is NUTS

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 11:04 PM
link   
oranges are supposed to be good for your lungs and they kinda look like lungs too...

posted on Jul, 4 2019 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: ReligiousQuestionDude

Freaky, and kinda cool! Califlower also looks sort of "brainy" and is quite healthy. Coincidence? I say design!

posted on Jul, 6 2019 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Cogidubnus

I just want to note.. on a side topic of using Snopes as if its the final word on a topic... while they do a lot of research and often are reliable I know of 2 cases in which they labeled something myth or urban legend in which I knew the actual people involved in the situations. In both cases I had seen the evidence to support their stories. Sometimes they do not dig deep enough. Not saying they are wrong about carrots.. just putting it out there that they are not infallable.

posted on Aug, 16 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ReligiousQuestionDude
This is how a human brain looks like:

This is how a walnut looks like:

Do you know which nut is considered best for your brain?

Walnuts!!!!!! That's nuts bro.... How can this be a coincidence?!

Walnuts are the top nut for brain health. They have a significantly high concentration of DHA, a type of Omega-3 fatty acid. Among other things, DHA has been shown to protect brain health in newborns, improve cognitive performance in adults, and prevent or ameliorate age-related cognitive decline. One study even shows that mothers who get enough DHA have smarter kids. Just a quarter cup of walnuts provides nearly 100% of the recommended daily intake of DHA. Additional research has found that people with walnuts and walnut oil in their diets have lower resting blood pressure as well as lower blood pressure responses to stress in the laboratory.

www.brainhq.com...

8. Nuts Research has shown that eating nuts can improve markers of heart health, and having a healthy heart is linked to having a healthy brain (49Trusted Source, 50Trusted Source). A 2014 review showed that nuts can improve cognition and even help prevent neurodegenerative diseases (51Trusted Source). Also, another large study found that women who ate nuts regularly over the course of several years had a sharper memory, compared to those who didn't eat nuts (49Trusted Source). Several nutrients in nuts, such as healthy fats, antioxidants and vitamin E, may explain their brain-health benefits (52Trusted Source, 53Trusted Source). Vitamin E shields cell membranes from free radical damage, helping slow mental decline (54Trusted Source, 55Trusted Source, 56Trusted Source). While all nuts are good for your brain, walnuts may have an extra edge, since they also deliver omega-3 fatty acids (57).

www.healthline.com...

For researchers, walnuts are the top nut for brain health. Particularly, for this reason: They have a significantly high concentration of DHA, a type of Omega-3 fatty acid. Some researchers suggest that DHA may be the key to boosting your brain’s performance and preventing age-related cognitive decline. Researchers also suggest that walnuts and walnut oil may also keep reduce stress. A study published in the Journal of the American College of Nutrition, reports participants who consumed walnuts and walnut oil not only reduced their LDL levels, but also showed significant drops in resting blood pressure and, most surprisingly, in their blood pressure response to stress.

www.brainfutures.org...

Praise the lord!

Your brain should be larger than a walnut. So I be happy with that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join