It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mary K Baxter Explains Her Visions Of Heaven and Hell (Video) Powerful Christian Testimony

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
a reply to: StallionDuck

Just to be a real annoying pain and no offence but it’s the wolf and lamb not a lion 🦁

saiah 11:6 (KJV) 6 The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.

Sorry to be that guy but is worth knowing

Mandela Effect!!! lol

You are right and I stand corrected. Oddly enough, I'm not alone. Apparently this is a common mistake among people who mention this part of scripture.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
a reply to: Raggedyman

Dude eternity in a place where the flame never stops burning and the worm never stops eating their flesh is eternal/everlasting hell and it is the smoke of their torment is what is said to rise for ever. You just wont believe what the Bible says, so you change it or ignore it. AND THE SMOKE OF THEIR TORMENT (that is their punishment Dude!) ASCENDETH UP FOR EVER:

Let me say it this way, "The smoke of their punishment/torment/judgement ascendeth up forever." It is plain as English and you still don't believe what it says. You know what that means? You are a lost as a pickle at on the waves of the ocean being tossed about by every wind of doctrine ever learning but never coming to the knowledge of the Truth (2Tim 3:7).

It is ALSO written:

For behold, the day is coming, Burning like an oven, And all the proud, yes, all who do wickedly will be stubble. And the day which is coming shall burn them up," Says the LORD of hosts, "That will leave them neither root nor branch. Malachi 4:1

You shall trample the wicked, For they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet On the day that I do this, Says the LORD of hosts. Malachi 4:3

For the day of the LORD upon all the nations is near. . . . . And they shall be as though they had never been. Obadiah 1:15-16

What would you say about Edom....

It shall not be quenched night or day; Its smoke shall ascend forever. From generation to generation it shall lie waste; No one shall pass through it forever and ever. Isaiah 34:10

Not sure this is happening today.

Conclusion:

The punishment will be eternal. But they will not be tormented for eternity.

You can also argue that the Greek phrase translated “forever and ever” here, eis tous aionas ton aionon, which literally means “unto the ages of the ages.” Unto... Until. Stopping point.

Unbelievers perish (John 3:16) and suffer “the punishment of eternal destruction” (2 Thess. 1:8)

the PUNISHMENT of.... Eternal DESTRUCTION. Means... You're not coming back from being destroyed.
edit on 21-6-2019 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

so can you explain why american christians have a near obsession with "10 commandments " instalations in public and government venues ?

For true

Sides... The commandments still require Christians to follow them. People forget that Jesus said to follow them and also that he did NOT come to change anything.

Now, the punishment of the Jews might be one thing but the commandments still are to be followed.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   

so can you explain why american christians have a near obsession with "10 commandments " instalations in public and government venues ?

No idea, ignorant, lazy foolish
www.crosswalk.com...

Jesus died so christians have the Holy Spirit not the law to guide them

Sometimes it is more loving to lie
I would steel of the rich to feed the poor, it’s a sin to steal but watching people starve to death, what’s worse, what’s justifiable?

Many Christians lied to Nazis when they hid Jews, condemn them?

Jesus healed sick people on the sabath, made people healthy and for that was condemned to death

The Ten Commandments were given to Moses for Israel, Jesus ended the law for those in Christ, simple

Mathew 5:

17Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. 18For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. 19Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

20For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

Dude eternity in a place where the flame never stops burning and the worm never stops eating their flesh is eternal/everlasting hell and it is the smoke of their torment is what is said to rise for ever. You just wont believe what the Bible says, so you change it or ignore it. AND THE SMOKE OF THEIR TORMENT (that is their punishment Dude!) ASCENDETH UP FOR EVER:

Let me say it this way, "The smoke of their punishment/torment/judgement ascendeth up forever." It is plain as English and you still don't believe what it says. You know what that means? You are a lost as a pickle at on the waves of the ocean being tossed about by every wind of doctrine ever learning but never coming to the knowledge of the Truth (2Tim 3:7).

It is ALSO written:

For behold, the day is coming, Burning like an oven, And all the proud, yes, all who do wickedly will be stubble. And the day which is coming shall burn them up," Says the LORD of hosts, "That will leave them neither root nor branch. Malachi 4:1

You shall trample the wicked, For they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet On the day that I do this, Says the LORD of hosts. Malachi 4:3

For the day of the LORD upon all the nations is near. . . . . And they shall be as though they had never been. Obadiah 1:15-16

What would you say about Edom....

It shall not be quenched night or day; Its smoke shall ascend forever. From generation to generation it shall lie waste; No one shall pass through it forever and ever. Isaiah 34:10

Not sure this is happening today.

Conclusion:

The punishment will be eternal. But they will not be tormented for eternity.

You can also argue that the Greek phrase translated “forever and ever” here, eis tous aionas ton aionon, which literally means “unto the ages of the ages.” Unto... Until. Stopping point.

Unbelievers perish (John 3:16) and suffer “the punishment of eternal destruction” (2 Thess. 1:8)

the PUNISHMENT of.... Eternal DESTRUCTION. Means... You're not coming back from being destroyed.

If death and punishment are truly eternal, if even one person is still dead and/or in Hell, how can God ever become All in all?...but your Bible and mine say He will.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Lazarus Short

Dunno. That's beyond me. I am too far from the mind of God, probably further than most

edit on 21-6-2019 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 03:50 AM
link   

No idea, ignorant, lazy foolish
www.crosswalk.com...

Jesus died so christians have the Holy Spirit not the law to guide them

Sometimes it is more loving to lie
I would steel of the rich to feed the poor, it’s a sin to steal but watching people starve to death, what’s worse, what’s justifiable?

Many Christians lied to Nazis when they hid Jews, condemn them?

Jesus healed sick people on the sabath, made people healthy and for that was condemned to death

The Ten Commandments were given to Moses for Israel, Jesus ended the law for those in Christ, simple

Mathew 5:

17Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. 18For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. 19Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

20For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

That’s right , the law still stands, it hasn’t stopped, it’s still a covenant, that is not what I said, you missed the context
Not a jot, not a tittle has passed
But if a person is born again, are in Jesus they are under the Christian covenant with God

That is the basic of basic Christianity

I doubt you are a Christian but if you are and you don’t know that, find a better church, your minister is an idiot who can’t teach and doesn’t care
edit on 22-6-2019 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 04:01 AM
link   

For true

Sides... The commandments still require Christians to follow them. People forget that Jesus said to follow them and also that he did NOT come to change anything.

Now, the punishment of the Jews might be one thing but the commandments still are to be followed.

Where did Jesus say follow the commandments, He didn’t
Jesus made it clear at the sermon on the mount following the law was impossible

It’s really sad you think you know what you are talking about when it’s clear you havnt a clue

Go read the sermon on the mount, nobody can keep the commandments, never ever could and now you are saying christians have to, it’s so sad you havnt a clue

Tell me what commandments should we follow what ones shouldn’t we follow?

It’s really tragic because what I am saying is basic Christianity, Christians are not Jews and we don’t have to keep any Jewish laws, none. It’s sad you don’t know this
edit on 22-6-2019 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Laz, Thanks for asking. I think we have discussed this over the years. There are some who believe as I do but many do not

It is not just a personal choice, it is because I believe that God chose once in this generation to preserve his word to us by inspiring it in one English version. I believe God did so at the beginning of the Setting up of the English Empire when and since English was taken worldwide and it became a trade language around the world and still is.

I believe the Authorized Version of 1611 to be that inspired version. The English words are not that difficult to understand, the English of that day unlike American English had words and grammatical renderings that show certain forms of respectfulness. Like the using of the words or terms such as thee and thou, ending words in "eth' and "est" the like that show a clear specifics of the intent. A good study on these as to help anyone to better understand them and the meaning is a book called "Those Nasty Thees and Thou's" by James Knox. He pastors the Deland Baptist Church in Deland Florida and if anyone would like a copy can contact them directly or their bookstore and order it or just ask Brother Knox for it for free I am pretty sure he would give it, but it doesn't cost much.

Anyway, when you get to understand those types of terms and with an Unabridged Dictionary you can learn the meanings of all the words in the Authorized Bible of 1611 also known as the King James Bible.

Now having said that, what I learned at Bible College, that led to my obtaining both a Graduate and a Doctorate in Theology, was men's teachings or denominational Doctrines more than pure Holy Ghost inspired Bible.

But I think the greatest thing I have learned over these last years 26 years as a saved man by the grace of God, was that we were lied to when they told us anything about "original" Greek or Hebrew Documents. I exhausted my self in the pursuit of an verifiable "Original" over the last 11 years. I wrote to almost every Christian University, Christian Libraries around the world and even the Vatican, trying to locate a verified original or a facsimile of a verified original Greek or Hebrew Bible document. In every attempt I was virtually guaranteed that by those in whom I communicated with, was that there was no verified original Greek or Hebrew Documents. The best answer was that they are copies but because they had no verified original they could not verify if the copies they had were 100% correct and without errors.

I think that is why there are so many interpretation of the copies of Greek and Hebrew Biblical Documents we have and this has led to much confusion. So I determined this one thing and that is, when it comes to the Bible, I was going to stick to the one and only Bible that has all the Bible words, phrases, verses, sections, and chapters in it. The only one that fits that bill is the Authorized Version of 1611. I cannot be dogmatic in getting you or anyone else to believe that, as I have learned it just causes problems in relationships online and in person.

I guess it comes down too a matter of faith in God. Faith that when he said, in

Psalm 12:6-7 The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.
That they (his words) were pure tried preserved words, kept that way by his power unto me in this generation. That all these words were as he said, inspired by the Holy Ghost

2Tim 3:16 All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: [/b[
And these scriptures were given to men who spoke them and wrote them down

2Peter 1:21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake [as they were] moved by the Holy Ghost.
And that they are not of any private interpretation

2Peter 1:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
And that in order to interpret them correctly we were to Study and Rightly Divide his words

2Tim 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
I have learned that I or any man can know all that God has revealed to us in his preserved word and know it correctly by just taking God at his word. God would not reveal it in a way that led to confusion or did it in a way that was not clear. His words are very clear and if we familiarize ourselves with them enough we shall know the truth and the truth will set us free.

So in the end I will stand for what I see as correct Bible doctrine and teaching, such as the eternity of one being tormented in fire, which the smoke thereof rises for all eternity before God.

be blessed

edit on 6/23/2019 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Chester John, thank you for your gracious reply. I think I now better understand where you are coming from and how your understanding was arrived at. I understand your concern over the lack of long-ago-turned-to-dust original manuscripts, but I also understand how the original can be inferred from its multiple copies. If that is not enough, there is the work of ivan Panin who proposed (and as far as I am concerned, proved) that the original Bible can be restored with mathematical rigor.

As for the 1611 KJV, I think my opinion is already well stated.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 08:02 AM
link   

If death and punishment are truly eternal, if even one person is still dead and/or in Hell, how can God ever become All in all?...but your Bible and mine say He will.

I'm a little surprised that StallionDuck responded to this question stating that he didn't know when his previous post sounded like he was stating pretty strongly that the only thing that might be truly eternal is "destruction" and that Hell may be temporary until "the end of the age" when it's thrown into the Lake of Fire. What are your personal thoughts on this, Lazarus? StallionDuck did I misunderstand your post?

Matthew 10:28

28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Revelation 20:14

14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Speaking of the true meaning of "for ever and ever", it's making me look at another verse differently too...

Revelation 20:10

10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

I'm just now finding it interesting that the above verse says "tormented day and night". So, maybe "for ever and ever" is just while the earth still exists (or "the end of the age")? When the earth passes away and the new heaven and earth are created, there will be no need for the "day or night".

edit on 25-6-2019 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

I'm a little surprised that StallionDuck responded to this question stating that he didn't know when his previous post sounded like he was stating pretty strongly that the only thing that might be truly eternal is "destruction" and that Hell may be temporary until "the end of the age" when it's thrown into the Lake of Fire. What are your personal thoughts on this, Lazarus? StallionDuck did I misunderstand your post?

Matthew 10:28

28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Revelation 20:14

14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Speaking of the true meaning of "for ever and ever", it's making me look at another verse differently too...

Revelation 20:10

10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

I'm just now finding it interesting that the above verse says "tormented day and night". So, maybe "for ever and ever" is just while the earth still exists (or "the end of the age")? When the earth passes away and the new heaven and earth are created, there will be no need for the "day or night".

The whole problem with Bible versions like the KJV, which start with a set theology and translate from there, is that contradictions pop up here and there. I believe that is one reason for "buffet theology" in which you pick a "proof text" here and supporting verses there, and ignore those that say otherwise. In a properly translated Bible there should be no contradictions at all.

Item: Matthew 10:28 - "hell" here should read "Gehenna," a place in the real world that you can still visit today.

Item: Revelation 20:14 - "hell" here should read "the grave." Lots of folks believe the Lake of Fire is Hell, but how can Hell be cast into itself? This happens when you try to tweak the meaning of the text.

Item: Revelation 20:10 - "day and night for ever and ever" - but if so, how is Satan released for a season?

I find that tossing out the word and concept of "hell" makes God's Word more harmonious, while Hell theology just muddies the waters. Did you know that "hell" is not found in Hebrew or Greek? It comes from the languages of old northern Europe, from a time when its people were pagan. "Hell" appeared in the English language when a lot of other words of Scandinavian origin were also appearing.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 09:33 AM
link   

So, you have no idea. Got it.

Regardless of what you think these places are, the Bible tells us that there's a place where the soul is capable of being destroyed. Regardless of whether hell is "the grave", the Bible says that all death will be done away with, which is called the "second death".

As for Satan being released for "a season"? Satan will be bound in the Abyss for a thousand years, just like the Bible told us. This thousand year period is called the Millennial period or the Millennial Kingdom and happens here on earth where people will be living longer lives, but will continue to experience death before the New Jerusalem comes down from heaven (because the old earth and heavens have passed away). Maybe you're not familiar with it.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

So you think because I don't see things your way, that I have no idea? Got it.

Of course, souls are destroyed - the body returns to dust, and the Spirit, being one of the Seven Spirits of God, returns to God. The soul, the thing that appears when Spirit is breathed into the body, simply goes "poof." It is no more.

"...the Bible says that all death will be done away with, which is called the "second death". That makes NO sense to me. Death does away with death...?

I have read the Bible from cover to cover several times, so yes, I am familiar with it.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   

The 10 commandments were given to Moses, Jesus ended the law for His followers and left christians the Holy Spirit It’s in the book.

Hmmmm

In the book you say

that is open to interpretation which even you agree with

I remember something about a box and trying to get others to fit into it

I read posts in this thread by you and its all I can think off.

God bless those that enlighten us, thank you

Just out of interest, who are Gods people, Jews or Christians, what do you think?

anyone with any love in their heart would not see religious belief to answer this and say all people are Gods people especially if one believes in an all powerful and one and only God.

One wouldn't even condemn a murderer and leave that judgement God because everyone is Gods child.

God came down, not His words on a tablet, God came down and dwelled with humanity

I read someone say Christianity is not about preaching and teaching yet that is quite a lot of what you do to views that ..... obviously anger you.

You work on faith, love, grace instead of just mouthing it like you have it I don’t see it in love, faith or grace in your condemnation of others, I see no fruit of the Holy Spirit in condemning people over a cross around their necks Pick on the ladies words, her testimony, her greed but a bloody cross around her neck, dear God

Are you so upset and feel the need to fight back because you wear one?

Just kidding I read you say you don't and probably don't even own one.

Jesus said love others, condemning people, calling them plastic over a cross pendant, that’s not love

yet anyone that can read can read your numerous posts across ATS were you show your "love".

It’s so sad you need the law when I teach love

and Christianity is not about teaching aye?

your minister is an idiot who can’t teach and doesn’t care

So that would make him a Christian would it not?

I am really confused by all the contradictory things you say on ATS.

I guess my comprehension skills are not evolved.

My fear, you havnt a clue what Christianity is, you have never come close to the truth and you will never come close, I pray God doesn’t crush you to make you search for Him

No one that views it differently than you do does.

Not to worry God wont crush anyone because their beliefs and interpretations differ from yours,

You are no more special to God that the posters you say are clueless and blind.

it’s a hostile environment

Hmmm and one wonders why a difference of opinion gets you so hostile.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   

"...the Bible says that all death will be done away with, which is called the "second death". That makes NO sense to me. Death does away with death...?

Revelation 20:14-15

15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Death and Hell are thrown into the Lake of Fire. There will be no more need for human deaths or Hell, as all will be judged by this time and earth and human life as we know it will be over and gone for good.

I have read the Bible from cover to cover several times, so yes, I am familiar with it.

If you were really familiar with the Millennial Kingdom being an earthly one, I doubt you would have asked the question about Satan being released from the Abyss at the end of that period of time.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   

So you think because I don't see things your way, that I have no idea? Got it.

I asked you specific questions related to death, Hell, and the Lake of Fire and you didn't answer them. All you did was give me some run around with their definitions until you finally admitted that you really didn't believe in Hell or like talking about it. So, no, you didn't have biblical explanations for my question.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Looks like you will not accept or understand anything I have to say. We're done.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

Christianity is a faith for believers, you think you understand but you don’t
I can’t help you

You are clueless and blind, it’s not an attack, it’s a simple comment based on your argument

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lazarus Short

In Revelation 20 is is saying that at the time of Judgement hell and death will be cast into the lake of fire not that death is not being done away with by death. Death is down away with when it is put into the lake of fire at the time of the great white throne judgement.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join