It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trumps 2020 Re-Election Rally Prayer Demonstrates Why America Is Prospering Again.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass
a reply to: operation mindcrime

Oh boy...here come the fanatics. Did I perhaps step on any toes?

Jesus loves you son.

Probably because I keep his father out of politcs...

Peace

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

Your a smart man. Good JOUST and thanks!!

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

If other people practicing their religion is enough for you to change your vote (which has nothing to do with Trump), you’ve got a problem in my opinion.

Maybe I misread, but I don’t think I did.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: RandomPerson

No it's people pretending that practicing their religion makes this country better I have a problem with, especially when it involves government. I take separation of church and state seriously. It's not religion that's the issue it's the threat of religion in power that is. We don't need a theocracy especially as there's no guarantee who's version of God we'll get. I don't want those bastards that tortured my girlfriend for not believing in charge that's for sure.

Practicing religion is one thing, but promoting religion in government is a threat to any person who might not have the exact faith if the person in control.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

I’m sorry about your girlfriend, but what does that have to do with our government? I agree that church and state should be separate, but I’ve not once heard Trump calling for church to be included in government. If he wants to open with a prayer, that is his right. It doesn’t mean he’s trying to bring religion into government.

Should religious people not be allowed to pray in public? That’s what this amounts to.

I’m not particularly religious myself, I fall more in the agnostic group, but people are free to believe what they want, how they want as long as that doesn’t hurt others.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   

If he wants to open with a prayer, that is his right. It doesn’t mean he’s trying to bring religion into government.

It's not about opening with a prayer. That happens all the time in Government. Congress opens with a prayer.

No, this is about the content of the prayer. It's divisive, unamerican and certainly doesn't emulate the teaching of Jesus Christ.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 08:58 AM
link   

People promoting the prayer as the thing that's what makes Trumps presidency great is my issue, every damn president to date has claimed faith and been seen doing religious stuff. It's nothing special, but people keep promoting a religious bent to everything he does. It makes me nervous. I don't like the religious insurgeance going on. That group that hurt my girlfriend is part of one of the largest fastest growing religious cults out there. Her family in Georgia is adding a new compound to the religion and buying up guns. This crap makes me nervous, we don't need the U.S. to become the middle east 2.0.

I didn't say I was changing my vote, just that too much religious emphasis makes me nervous and the second it looks like religion is getting too strong a hold I'm out.

I just want people to realize there are many flavors of Christian out there and that embracing Christianity just because of claimed faith is dangerous.

People like that cult prey on people of faith to get their funds by pretending to be good Christians but embracing the worst tenents if the faith behind closed doors so you'd never know.

Any of these people could claim power based on their faith as shown to anyone not on the inside.

Only reason my girlfriend got away was too many people were starting to take notice of the signs of abuse, so they dumped back in Ohio with nothing then went back to Georgia. Is a good thing they didn't have the compound then or she'd have been screwed.

My point is the good Christian myth is dangerous as absurd numbers of bad people, more so than most realize prey on that myth and are strengthened by it.
edit on 6/19/2019 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Did you miss the messianic overtones of that prayer?

Well the Progressivism of the left is pure evil - Satanic - so I guess invoking God seems appropriate.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime
a reply to: carewemust
Don't get me wrong, I have no horse in this race but uhhmm this sounds an awfull lot like you are worshipping a politician.
No insult intended, just wondering.
Peace

Just sharing a thought I had, after seeing the prayer, and being reminded of what Q said in 2017.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
And some people wonder why Trump's followers are referred to as a cult.

If you watch the news, every day you hear the, "Some people feel", "Some people say", etc.. There's always some people saying something, lol.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Render unto Trump, what is Trumps.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   
When the anti-religious cult hears a prayer they get triggered. But say one at a Trump rally they lose their minds.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheSteppenwolf
When the anti-religious cult hears a prayer they get triggered. But say one at a Trump rally they lose their minds.

The anti-religious cult?!

LOL

You win the internet today

Biggest cults on the face of planet earth are organised religions.
edit on 19-6-2019 by XCrycek because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: TheSteppenwolf

No such thing as an Atheist cult, just religious and there are many of them under the flags of many religions. Keep that in mind. Atheists don't organize into cults very well as all atheism is, is the lack of belief in a god, there's nothing to cult over.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

No such thing as an Atheist cult, just religious and there are many of them under the flags of many religions. Keep that in mind. Atheists don't organize into cults very well as all atheism is, is the lack of belief in a god, there's nothing to cult over.

League of Militant Athiests

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: XCrycek

originally posted by: TheSteppenwolf

The anti-religious cult?!

LOL

You win the internet today

Biggest cults on the face of planet earth are organised religions.

Then why so devoted to being so anti-religious, complete with the mantra about organized religions being cults?

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

That prayer comes off like some cultish old testament stuff.

Not that I think Trump is even remotely religious. He is just going through the motions playing to his base, but that part of his base is kind of freakishly scary.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   

It's a communist cult with atheism as one of it's tenants. There's NOTHING inately tying communism to atheism. Show me a cult entirely based on atheist values, not a cult that is dedicated to something entirely unrelated to atheism that simply includes atheism as a tennant. You'll have trouble finding such.

Unlike religions that have entire books of beliefs to follow atheism has one, don't believe in a god. Anything added to that is not atheist.
edit on 6/19/2019 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   
The premise of this thread was CWM's thought which boiled down to

"President Trump and his followers understand that America was founded on Godly principals, and that constant adherence to those principals brings favor from God. It's common sense."

A valid thought if not a little "out there"....

If this indeed goes for all Trump's followers (which I doubt) we're dealing with a group of people who shouldn't really be in control of anything other than a church.

Anybody disagree?

Peace

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 10:20 AM
link   

All religions are, are cults that have gotten big enough to be mainstream really. That said not all followers of religion or denomination fully embrace the more predatory aspects that make a true cult. In fact few people of a religion are truly that dedicated to their religion, being more a footnote that pops up now and then and they occasionally give lip service to and might occasionally influence their actions on the rare occasion they conciously remember they have a faith. So for the most part religion is rarely an issue.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join