It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brexit- This is Embarrassing..

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Anyone taking bets on Johnson vs Hunt as the final two , Leave vs Remain.

At least we don't have long to wait for the final vote.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Difficult to decide which out of Hunt and Gove is worst. I think Gove gets it by a neck as he is such a slimy, loathsome little toad.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Johnson and Hunt are just more of the same; privileged Public School/Oxbridge snobs with absolutely nothing in common with the vast majority of the British people.

We've had enough of these elites.

Possibly more to the point; neither are politicians of substance and lack the vision and drive that this country so desperately needs.

And if I'm being honest neither does the other option Michael Gove.

I don't see any positives in any of the options....heaven help us.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Still all better than Corbyn.

Sick of Public School/Oxbridge Tories, too.

I really can't stand Gove though.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   

I just have to look at Gove and want to punch him in the face....very hard!
Not too dissimilar from the rest of the sorry bunch.

It's a truly pathetic state of affairs when as you quite rightly point out that the three hopelessly incompetent and thoroughly unsuitable candidates to be the next leader of The Tories and thus by extension Prime Minister are actually better options than the Labour alternative.

I'm sure there must be some politicians of conviction and with integrity who are both capable and suitable to be PM but I honestly can't think of one off the top of my head.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   

I have often thought that anyone with the ambition to be PM ought to be disqualified. They would almost certainly be complete gits.

Politics as a whole is just out of date.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Party politics is simply no longer fit for purpose.

I agree with your suggestion of disbarring anyone who actually wants to be PM from being so.

I would also add that anyone appointed or selected PM should have at least ten years experience in a real job in the real world.
I'd let others decide what exactly constitutes a 'real job'.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   

That would be a start.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   

For me Gove is probably the worst but Hunt isn't far behind , slimy, loathsome little toad sums him up perfectly .... not a great fan of Johnson either but at least he's good for a laugh.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Agreed. We just need to shake up the mix a bit as all these Old Etonians/Oxbridge types gets right on my thruppeny bits.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   

.... not a great fan of Johnson either but at least he's good for a laugh.

Agreed....and normally I'd be the first one up for having a laugh.
But he's about to become The Prime Minister of this country at one of the most critical times in recent history.

He is good for a laugh.... but lacking in substance, has no moral compass and struggles to put together any coherent sentence without mumbling or letting out some sort of idiotic guffaw.
The man is a bungling oaf and a buffoon of the highest order.

Do you really want this man representing this country on the world stage?

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Do you really want this man representing this country on the world stage?

Not really but I can't see him being any worse than his predecessor TBH.

As we have no say in the matter I'm just rolling with it.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   

No matter what I'm resigned to a complete twat being PM so whilst I'm not particularly happy about it I am taking a somewhat detached approach to things....but still with a bit of sarcasm and cynicism.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   

No matter what I'm resigned to a complete twat being PM

Nothing new there then.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Is that him doing community service then

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Johnson vs Hunt then.

Johnson 160
Hunt 77
Gove 75
edit on 20-6-2019 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   

So it looks like our next PM is going to be a serial liar (who has previously been sacked from a proper job for dishonesty).

Great.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

As they are both serial liars and both are decidedly 'dodgy' you are obviously right in your assessment.

I despise both of them, I really don't know who is the least worst option.

It's down to The Conservative Party membership to make their choice....for once I don't really envy them.

I am now of the opinion that I hope this vote causes that much division within The Tory ranks that it results in a General Election.
I would like to think that would result in a victory for the Brexit Party....once they deliver that we can then got on with the business of sorting this country out and the major political parties would have a clearing of house and would have got rid of the careerist politicians and the self-aggrandising, self-promoting, amoral and corrupt bunch of twats who currently infest Westminster and who put political dogma, the party line and personal interest and well being before the wishes and best interests of those they are supposed to represent and serve.

Mini rant over.

I really do fear for the future....I honestly see no light at the end of the tunnel, just more of the inbred, privileged elite dictating policy and maintaining the status quo above all else.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 03:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: Flavian

As they are both serial liars and both are decidedly 'dodgy' you are obviously right in your assessment.
I despise both of them, I really don't know who is the least worst option.

If either of them had jobs outside of the government They would have been

sacked a long time ago. The gap in the expenses fraud is still going on ......

When I was working and on expenses all claims were thoroughly scrutinised

As they are paid from the 'public purse' it should be up to the public to

veto their remaining in their positions for 'dodgy decisions' and defrauding

the people.

It's down to The Conservative Party membership to make their choice....for once I don't really envy them.

I wouldn't worry for them..... each one will vote for what is best for themselves

and positions in government (selling their support) never minding the country

or the people.....

I am now of the opinion that I hope this vote causes that much division within The Tory ranks that it results in a General Election.

With the recent by election results (iffy and the smell of voter fraud) worse than

another Tory gov I fear a fate worse than death a Corbyn gov.

I would like to think that would result in a victory for the Brexit Party....once they deliver that we can then got on with the business of sorting this country out and the major political parties would have a clearing of house and would have got rid of the careerist politicians and the self-aggrandising, self-promoting, amoral and corrupt bunch of twats who currently infest Westminster and who put political dogma, the party line and personal interest and well being before the wishes and best interests of those they are supposed to represent and serve.

In an ideal world.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Hahaha

Bring on Scottish independence, please!

Hahahaha
Run away
Run away quickly

We don't like democratic votes

Lolololol

Trump is 10x better than any of your lot!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join