It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump says U.S. agency will begin removing millions of illegal immigrants

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

It is not physically possible for trump to do what he is saying he will do. He is not going to round up millions of people and deport them.
And in fact most Americans are against the idea of seperating families and ripping loved ones away.
Most Americans are for a comprehensive immigration law that includes amnesty for the dreamers.

This Is Nothing More Than A Rally Cry.

lock her up lol

edit on 6182019 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

You must not be very good construction wages are not stagnant at all. They are growing faster than almost every other industry.

Average construction manager is getting $50 an hour.

Problem is most people talking about this aren't actual tradesmen with a liscense. Carpenters are screwed in some states but that is about it.. welders, plumbers, hvac, pipe fitters, electricians, etc desperate for people and high paying.

edit on 18-6-2019 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I don't know I figure he makes some maga hoods when they swarm apartments to pit iver the migrants heads and gets good drone camera angles to make election propaganda.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   

This argument only tells me that conditions are not the same across the nation.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   

They never are. You have to be willing to move. That is the case everywhere in most fields.

I moved to Austin because they were blanketing the north east for work. Boom towns need workers. If you are actually a liscensed tradesperson you can make great money. If you think you work construction because you didnt have a plan and expect big money for no skill you are delusion. (Pervebial you)

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   

And in fact most Americans are against the idea of seperating families and ripping loved ones away.

You have been reading too many Hillary tweets....lol..."ripping"...lol. Oh my!

It would behoove you to visit the ICE twitter account to get the real story of what is going on with children. Step into the light for a change.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: PurpleFox

Ha ha.... if Mexico could control the cartels they would. Drugs are their economy.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

No, that was luthier suggesting we bomb Mexico.

TheRedneck

Trump can only do so much without Congress

This phrase was why I asked.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Exactly and since they can't maybe we could help give those areas back. Tourism would explode.

The real concern is people like me would buy some coastal land to fish and live simply and they couldn't suck the tax money out of my middle class wages.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   

This measure trump is suggesting is to remove people who are already living here.

He thinks he's gong to have video footage of masses of people being thrown out of the country to appease his base since he failed completely to deliver the legendary wall.

Its just another slogan in the making.

He's about a millimeter thick you know.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   

I mean I hope its live footage and it comes on after ouch my balls.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: UKTruth

There is no constitutional guidance on who is allowed in the country.

The problem is very nuanced. We supply cartels with the means to destroy where these people live. The laws do not reflect the need for labor and willingness of many central Americans to learn the trades. Something Americans are not so keen on anymore. Even with high wages.

Also why make it illegal to work without handouts? Just create a visa program and weed out the bad workers and expedite the path for the good ones.

It's all rhetoric from both sides here.

The law makes it illegal to enter the US according to Title 8, Section 1325 of the U.S. Code.
Not just deportation, but imprisonment - up to 10 years in some circumstances.

There is no nuance at all. The "need for labor and willingness of many central Americans to learn the trades" is not nuance. It has no relation to the law.

What SHOULD happen is different, in my opinion, to the laws on the books and I have some sympathies with your argument, however the law and what SHOULD be the law based on ones opinion are two completely different things.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

There is no constitutional guidance on who is allowed in the country.

The problem is very nuanced. We supply cartels with the means to destroy where these people live. The laws do not reflect the need for labor and willingness of many central Americans to learn the trades. Something Americans are not so keen on anymore. Even with high wages.

Also why make it illegal to work without handouts? Just create a visa program and weed out the bad workers and expedite the path for the good ones.

It's all rhetoric from both sides here.

The law makes it illegal to enter the US according to Title 8, Section 1325 of the U.S. Code.
Not just deportation, but imprisonment - up to 10 years in some circumstances.

There is no nuance at all. The "need for labor and willingness of many central Americans to learn the trades" is not nuance. It has no relation to the law.

What SHOULD happen is different, in my opinion, to the laws on the books and I have some sympathies with your argument, however the law and what SHOULD be the law based on ones opinion are two completely different things.

Obviously that is what I am saying.

The nuance is the government turned a blind eye until the cartels destroyed so much of central america we couldn't control the flow.

I believe any person with honor takes responsibility for a problem they created and trump and Congress need to grow up and work on it. In a real way not just to drum up fanatic supporters for the election on both sides.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Imagine if Israel was literally paying Hamas to build tunnels into Israel. They would never do this. The us is paying terrorists to build tunnels, buy submarines, drones, attack helicopters...for god sakes bush obama ashcroft and holder even gave thousands of guns and armor piercing rounds to cartels...it wasn't just our own that were mowed down by them...

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Stop trying to change the subject. It was an illustrative point not literal.

The real point is that this is just more of what we heard before the midterms and it is just blather.
He does not have the means to do what he is claiming he will do and in fact there are no moves on the table suggesting that he is actually going to do anything but talk big.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

Pay scales in the construction industry has not kept up with inflation rates, not even close.

In all honesty pay scales have not kept up with inflation in any industry.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   

I got lucky. I worked in the home decor industry and I live in a very heavy military area.
New customers were always moving in and buying.
Especially if the military was responsible for moving them. The damage claims were off the wall. LOL

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

The only one I follow on twitter is trump.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   

People assume the trades do not pay well. That is an indication that don't work in the trades. Being general labor is not a skilled trade.

The construction industry is spending big money to train people for free and recruit in high schools across the country. So is canada.

You can easily find wage listings for skilled trades and they are not flat. They don't keep up with true inflation but they have bigger rise than most industries.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   

I mean I hope its live footage and it comes on after ouch my balls.

I love that show. Spoiler alert, he gets hit in the balls.

I hope Trump does this. It is not fair nor right for legal immigrants and legal citizens to support illegal aliens.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join