It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump says U.S. agency will begin removing millions of illegal immigrants

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny
a reply to: 727Sky

God I hope so...

I am so tired of republicans begging for things that would obviously be a disaster...

Put up or shut up once and for all..

End or almost end welfare and America crumbles within a month..

Actually having jack booted thugs drag the boyfriends, girlfriends, cousins, parents, neighbors, friends, exc of millions of Americans would end the Republican Party....

You REALLY don't get how this works, or what is actually going on do you?

Or, are you feigning ignorance and spouting CNN crap for a reason? hmmmm......

Dorian Soran

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I'm all for it but skeptical it's going to happen. I would also like to see the government come down hard on businesses that are hiring these illegals but that will probably never happen either.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Immigration isn't really even a constitutional problem. Congress has the authority in what little guidance there is.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 07:16 AM
link   
It would be nice if someone would address the actual emergency in Mexico which is the cartels. The entire reason there are even refugees to begin with.

Trumps plan does next to nothing to combat the actual problem. Drugs and drug lords.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtrenthacker
I'm all for it but skeptical it's going to happen. I would also like to see the government come down hard on businesses that are hiring these illegals but that will probably never happen either.

Yet would stop immigration...

How about we also address labor shortages in the trades. Millions of illegal laborers work in Texas alone. Part of the reason is American youth doesnt want to work in the trades. Frankly illegals are willing to work harder than most of our young.

Imo anyone who wants to work in a reasonably fair market should be allowed. Just take away benefits and say if you can hack it you can stay and work and possibly become a citizen.

Millions of illegals own real estate for instance and have invested in our country.

The real problem is the cartels. Time to yell Mexico to do something or expect drone strikes. We are have at least half the responsibility as the consumers of the drugs.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Ps the president declaring an emergency because he doesnt like congressional legislation is a terrible precedent.

Like when a lib takes power eventually and declares an emergency with mass shootings for instance...

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Cue police state. I'm sure you all don't care as long as it's people you have labeled "other" in your mind. But you're a fool if you think it will stop there.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Surely people will be siked when the apartments are full of a strike team.

The real question is who designs the cloth bag they put over the people's heads when they bring them out.

Will it say maga or more personalized to the type of person being removed?

Have they worked on the drone camera angles for the TV show or campaign footage?
edit on 18-6-2019 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Yet would stop immigration... How about we also address labor shortages in the trades. Millions of illegal laborers work in Texas alone. Part of the reason is American youth doesnt want to work in the trades. Frankly illegals are willing to work harder than most of our young. Imo anyone who wants to work in a reasonably fair market should be allowed. Just take away benefits and say if you can hack it you can stay and work and possibly become a citizen. Millions of illegals own real estate for instance and have invested in our country. The real problem is the cartels. Time to yell Mexico to do something or expect drone strikes. We are have at least half the responsibility as the consumers of the drugs.

How about we leave those jobs open and hope for some wage growth. I think it's funny the left throw out every idea other than the one they have complete control over to fix the illegal immigration crisis, which is changing the laws.

We should confiscate any real estate owned by illegals since they shouldn't be here in the first place.

Beat those war drums. You say use drone strikes on Mexico, but we all know the stance would change as soon as he did. He would then be a tyrant that needs investigated and prosecuted for war crimes. But, I'm not worried because Trump is a problem solver, not a warmonger.
edit on 18-6-2019 by Middleoftheroad because: To quote the post for my reply.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

How about we leave those jobs open and hope for some wage growth. I think it's funny the left throw out every idea other than the one they have complete control over to fix the illegal immigration crisis, which is changing the laws.

We should confiscate any real estate owned by illegals since they shouldn't be here in the first place.

Beat those war drums. You say use drone strikes on Mexico, but we all know the stance would change as soon as he did. He would then be a tyrant that needs investigated and prosecuted for war crimes. But, I'm not worried because Trump is a problem solver, not a warmonger.

Tribal ideology is why this is a black and white issue to partisans.

As a lifelong tradesmen and father of three you are clueless as to the labor available to contractors. There are 300k openings per month with millions of illegals. The wage growth in the trades is substantial. But you have to be willing to do hard work and young people are not even for good money. Construction management is starting to average 100k. There is nobody willing to work anymore.

We are at war with cartels. They created this problem. Americans supply the cash. This is a hard fact trump supporters and this type of stop the migrant workers philosophy doeant address.

The cartels kill Americans every second with opiates and meth. Millions over decades. Far more than the people the drone strikes he uses now in the M.E.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   

How about we also address labor shortages in the trades. Millions of illegal laborers work in Texas alone. Part of the reason is American youth doesnt want to work in the trades. Frankly illegals are willing to work harder than most of our young.

If the trade market isn't oversaturated, more of our youth might be interested in working them. Many employers won't even look seriously at an American because it's cheaper to get illegal labor and they can also be bullied into doing whatever the employer wants, for fear of being deported.

You are essentially advocating slavery.

Imo anyone who wants to work in a reasonably fair market should be allowed. Just take away benefits and say if you can hack it you can stay and work and possibly become a citizen.

We've been doing that since long before either of us were born. It's called legal immigration.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

If the trade market isn't oversaturated, more of our youth might be interested in working them. Many employers won't even look seriously at an American because it's cheaper to get illegal labor and they can also be bullied into doing whatever the employer wants, for fear of being deported.

You are essentially advocating slavery.

We've been doing that since long before either of us were born. It's called legal immigration.

TheRedneck

First off your statement is false. The labor market is scarce. Hence the use of black market labor.

Second wages are higher than I have ever seen them because of this. I just made a storefront worth of millwork as a favor for a contractor i know and he payed me more than i asked because i was able to deliver on time. Something he has not seen in 15 years from subcontractors.

I am not advocating anything. That is a strawman.

I am saying a system needs to be designed to handle this. For instance abolishing income tax and moving towards a vat. Not allowing benefits for guest workers.

Trump isn't going to harm his builder friends of the governor of Texas. He will make cameo busts for the campaign.

Ps green card are relatively new. We haven't been doing this all that long.

A poll from the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) of young Americans ages 18-to-25 shows that almost no millennials want a career in construction — a high-paying industry. 64 percent of these millennials said they wouldn’t even consider working in construction if you paid them $100,000 or more.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 08:36 AM
link   

The labor market is scarce. Hence the use of black market labor.

Of course it is. That's what happens when there is little demand for US workers. There is also a very scarce market for people to pick cotton, too, ever since machinery became widely available to do it.

Second wages are higher than I have ever seen them because of this. I just made a storefront worth of millwork as a favor for a contractor i know and he payed me more than i asked because i was able to deliver on time. Something he has not seen in 15 years from subcontractors.

That's not wages; you just described prices. There's a difference.

Also, is it possible the fact the contractor hasn't been able to get his jobs delivered on time possibly be because of the use of illegal labor? Having one's workforce deported would seem to cause that.

I am not advocating anything. That is a strawman.

Yes, you are, and no, it's not. if you advocate for an action knowing the consequences, you advocate for the consequences. I just told you the consequences.

I am saying a system needs to be designed to handle this. For instance abolishing income tax and moving towards a vat. Not allowing benefits for guest workers.

We already have a system. Again, it's called legal immigration.

Ps green card are relatively new. We haven't been doing this all that long.

The first US law dealing with naturalization was the Naturalization Act of 1790. The first US law dealing with immigration was the Page Act of 1875. That's long before I was born (about 85 years), and if you expect me to believe you are 144 years old... it ain't gonna happen.

TheRedneck

link   
There are borders that define a country and laws within those borders, there are even laws to protect the borders. Obey the laws or change them which the NWO/Agenda 21 crowd is working overtime to do.

I can not legally go to any country without the proper paperwork and identification nor get a drivers license, free health care, and certainly not vote in their elections. Yet that is exactly what is being pushed upon the American tax payers.

Do any of our open border crowd have any idea how many billions of dollars are spent on the illegal problem each year ? No one does only estimates and those estimates are outlandish right along with the crime and drugs brought in by our loving cartels if not our own corrupt officials..

As far as illegals working; the government sets the guidelines on who you can hire. The prospective employee shows up with a Soc number and and all the paperwork (all illegally made.... it used to be $100 which gave them an out of state drivers License and Soc)... The illegal underground can furnish you just about anything for a small price or other things for a bigger price so I have been told. There used to be a verification number a company could call but in many states they stopped doing it probably because someone thought it was racist...

I met a girl in a club one night (great dancer and fun person) but it was much later that I found she was really only 19 (had one of those fake Driver licenses saying she was 21) Had to be 21 to get in the club.. She got the license by going with a Mexican friend; she paid $75 for the very professionally done thing and she was a white girl.. She never got busted as far as I know..

If you can not control your countries borders you really have no country to defend against those who would do you and your country harm..

link   

Says the guy advocating bombing Mexico.

As a lifelong tradesmen and father of three you are clueless as to the labor available to contractors. There are 300k openings per month with millions of illegals. The wage growth in the trades is substantial. But you have to be willing to do hard work and young people are not even for good money. Construction management is starting to average 100k. There is nobody willing to work anymore.

The problem is that construction businesses that were hiring legal citizens and paying fair labor wages were being undercut by construction companies hiring illegals. Then you have the issue of illegals not complaining about not being compensated for working overtime hours because they are here illegally. Top that off with crap laws against hiring illegals and there is your problem.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

Says the guy advocating bombing Mexico.

The problem is that construction businesses that were hiring legal citizens and paying fair labor wages were being undercut by construction companies hiring illegals. Then you have the issue of illegals not complaining about not being compensated for working overtime hours because they are here illegally. Top that off with crap laws against hiring illegals and there is your problem.

I am not advocating bombing Mexico. I am saying if Mexico does not address the people killing millions of Americans they are going to get surgical strikes like Pakistan would.

Tell me what tribe is advocating that dems? No.

Second your assessment is false. Construction has high paying jobs. It has for a long time. The black market labor was filling the void and it had its benefits for profiteers.

A poll from the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) of young Americans ages 18-to-25 shows that almost no millennials want a career in construction — a high-paying industry. 64 percent of these millennials said they wouldn’t even consider working in construction if you paid them $100,000 or more.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Again point by point your false statement.

Wages are low in construction. False. The labor void has created massive wage growth. There are over 300k unfilled jobs in construction most high paying but require training and apprenticeships. No young people willing at any price.

So you lost that one. I can provide many builder publications to support this and am a tradesman. Nobody can find skilled labor.

Again you saying something I never said or argued is either a red herring or a strawman. Pointing out the actual situation isn't advocating. You are idealistic and assume young people will work in the trades. They wont. For any price. Most are fairly lazy with physical labor.

Again you are talking about immigration which is more than guest workers. Many would go back if there wasn't drug lords Americans pay or benefits the liberals created.

We need a system that allows people who want to work in areas that we need workers to do so without handouts. That isn't a plan being advocated by anyone.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   

I am not advocating bombing Mexico. I am saying if Mexico does not address the people killing millions of Americans they are going to get surgical strikes like Pakistan would.

"I am not advocating capital punishment. I'm just saying we should kill hardened criminals."

Dude, you literally denied stating the exact thing you then stated. What are you thinking a "surgical strike" is? Hint: It's a BOMB.

Construction has high paying jobs. It has for a long time. The black market labor was filling the void and it had its benefits for profiteers.

Hoss, I worked construction throughout high school and some just afterwards. Construction jobs are like every other job: employers will pay what they have to pay and no more. If a cheaper labor source comes in, it will be used and the difference will be pocketed.

Several years back, I did 6 months driving a dumpy-truck for a road contractor. While I was there, they brought in a group of Mexicans and laid off more than an entire paving crew they had employed for over a decade. Why? Because the Mexicans would work cheaper. Did their prices go down? Nope... as a matter of fact, they went up a little.

When my son wanted to make a few bucks, he was more than willing to work construction; we used to go to the Habitat for Humanity sites and work on weekends, so he knew what was involved, and he was more than capable and willing. But there are no construction jobs any more, unless one shows up at Home Depot in the morning for day labor or goes through temp agencies set up specifically for Mexicans. The one we had even had all their signage in Spanish.

You're either severely misinformed, or you're lying through your teeth.

TheRedneck

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I'm going to build a wall and I am going to get Mexico to pay for it.

Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

"I am not advocating capital punishment. I'm just saying we should kill hardened criminals."

Dude, you literally denied stating the exact thing you then stated. What are you thinking a "surgical strike" is? Hint: It's a BOMB.

Construction has high paying jobs. It has for a long time. The black market labor was filling the void and it had its benefits for profiteers.

Hoss, I worked construction throughout high school and some just afterwards. Construction jobs are like every other job: employers will pay what they have to pay and no more. If a cheaper labor source comes in, it will be used and the difference will be pocketed.

Several years back, I did 6 months driving a dumpy-truck for a road contractor. While I was there, they brought in a group of Mexicans and laid off more than an entire paving crew they had employed for over a decade. Why? Because the Mexicans would work cheaper. Did their prices go down? Nope... as a matter of fact, they went up a little.

When my son wanted to make a few bucks, he was more than willing to work construction; we used to go to the Habitat for Humanity sites and work on weekends, so he knew what was involved, and he was more than capable and willing. But there are no construction jobs any more, unless one shows up at Home Depot in the morning for day labor or goes through temp agencies set up specifically for Mexicans. The one we had even had all their signage in Spanish.

You're either severely misinformed, or you're lying through your teeth.

TheRedneck

TheRedneck

Yet every publication says construction labor voids have driven up wages. Mostly due to baby boomer retirement.

I realize you and your son are better than us lowly construction workers but being a skilled tradesmen requires apprenticeship and some schooling. Pretty sure you didn't hop on a pipe fitting operation and read blueprints...

So you don't think cartels should be punished for killing millions of Americans? Are you for trump using drones in the ME but not a place killing Americans creating a migration crisis?

Putting up a wall to stop migrants doesn help that at all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join