It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher kicks student from class for saying there are only two genders

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
I already did... Non-binary. Y'all just yelled at me and said it doesn't exist though.

Non-binary isnt a gender/thing itself.. it only has meaning in relation to the actual genders of Male and Female.. IE. someone who doesnt identify with either.

If I were to tell you the only political parties were Republicans and Democrats.. saying you dont identify with either isnt proof that more than those two exist.. pointing to the Green party, the Libertarian party etc. would be proof. What is an actual third or fourth gender? Not identifying with either Male or Female, isnt a third one.

Thanks.
edit on 19-6-2019 by WalkTheRingsOfSaturn because: Clairity

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   
All this gender bending crap is to force ppl to accept sin. The masses are being forced to accept sin and the next generation being brainwashed to love sin , thinking people are noble or courageous for sinning. This is textbook end times stuff. The Bible is unfolding Exactly how it said it would. Get your loved ones saved by Jesus Christ before it's too late.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Even native indians knew that there are more than 2 genders. Christianity dumbed everyone down.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: KiwiNite
Even native indians knew that there are more than 2 genders. Christianity dumbed everyone down.

Can you list and define some of them other than Male and Female please?

Non-binary is not a gender. "Identifying" as a Female when you are a Male is not a gender either. I don't just identify as a Male, I'm actually a Male. Male is a noun.. "Identifying as.." something, is not a noun.

I'm also a Buddhist and only know of 2 actual genders.. thanks in advance for your insight.
edit on 19-6-2019 by WalkTheRingsOfSaturn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: KiwiNite

There might be a variation of the male gender.

And a variation on the female gender.

But for all intents and purpose, there are only two genders.

Else there's apt to some kind of third sex organ doing the rounds that i have yet to come across, or anyone else i ken, has yet to encounter.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRealSolarPanel

Lolol. I have family members who've been saying the same crap for over a decade. You bible thumpers have been claiming the end is nigh since the damn book was written. Yet, somehow the next day, month, year always seems to roll around...

But people from my community are crazy??? Riiiiight.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnakinWayneII
a reply to: dragonridr

And the Navajo were empirical scientists clearly...

I see my point is clearly beyond your comprehension so ill make it very simple. Gender is decided by society it differs in each society and has nothing to do with science. What you are attempting to argue is there are only 2 sexes male and female. has nothing to do with gender identity. yes, there are only two sexes however genders thats simply not true. Gender identity is our internal experience and our naming of our gender. Gender identity can correspond to or differ from norms associated with the sex we are assigned at birth.

So as dumbed down as possible the boy was wrong and there are more than 2 genders.
edit on 6/19/19 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Words don't really matter that much, do they?
Every word we use, was made-up at some point, no?
The meanings of these words, are whatever we assign to them.
Then: someone comes-along and changes said previous meaning, for a new meaning.

Happens all of the time. Re-definitions may become popular, and may then get added to a new revised dictionary.
So what's the big deal?

Millennials and Gen-Zed'ers seem to just take in stride, but so many of old folks seem to resist these changes.
Who cares?
It's not important.

So if you want to identify as a Purple Plush Porcupine: knock yourself out!
It's no skin off my back.
Just don't bother with the arseholes who try to tell you what to do.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin
Words don't really matter that much, do they?
Every word we use, was made-up at some point, no?
The meanings of these words, are whatever we assign to them.
Then: someone comes-along and changes said previous meaning, for a new meaning.

Happens all of the time. Re-definitions may become popular, and may then get added to a new revised dictionary.
So what's the big deal?

Millennials and Gen-Zed'ers seem to just take in stride, but so many of old folks seem to resist these changes.
Who cares?
It's not important.

So if you want to identify as a Purple Plush Porcupine: knock yourself out!
It's no skin off my back.
Just don't bother with the arseholes who try to tell you what to do.

Identifying as something doesnt make you that thing.. that is the issue. I can say I identify as black or gay or female but I'm none of those things.. and insisting that you recognize that I am (and acting as if you're committing some kind of hate crime if you dont) is completely absurd..

The people telling others what to do are trans people insisting that I call them something they arent.. if u want me to call you a Male who identifies as Female (that's kind of tedious, but ok) please don't tell me to call you a Female though.. I consider that dishonest and disrespectful to actual Females. Thanks.
edit on 19-6-2019 by WalkTheRingsOfSaturn because: Clarity

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Does anybody know whether applications for employment or other types of questionaires such as info you fill out at the doctor's office have a space for both 'gender' and 'sex'? I have always, in the past, noted that there is only one box to check and the description is [gender__] or, it may say [sex___], but never both.
edit on 19-6-2019 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkTheRingsOfSaturn

Agreed that words have no effect on the supposed underlying hard reality.
A rock is what it is, from before we even put names on things.
But we are not just that supposed underlying hard reality thing, we think we are a whole bunch of false BS things anyways.
Like a Bob, or a Susan, or a plumber, or a warehouse worker.

Personally don't believe in any of those stories.
But many do. So what?
People believe all kinds of nutty things. So what?
When a kid is playing pretend, and says he's Buzz Lightyear: you just go with it, no?
Do you admonish the child for pretending to be something they're not?

Many supposed adults are just 30-40-50 year-old children, with decades of experience.
Why not let them play, and indulge in their concepts, beliefs, opinions, ideas, or delusions?
Does it take any skin off-of your back?
What problem does it cause you, personally?

If you meet a new person whom is introduced as Charles, then you hear someone call him Chuck, then Charlie, so what?
Do we absolutely need to know the true name written on their birth-certificate, and then only use that name?
It's not important: right?

Words are pliable. A rock is what it is, from before we even put names on things.
Perhaps this supposed reality is pliable as well?

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Why not let them play, and indulge in their concepts, beliefs, opinions, ideas, or delusions?
Does it take any skin off-of your back?
What problem does it cause you, personally?

Insisting that I take part in the game and acting as if I'm committing a hate crime of some sort for not doing so does take skin off my back, yes. Its tyrannical and frankly just stupid. Insisting that I call you a Female when you arent one is demanding that I take part in your dishonesty and (what I consider) your disrespect toward actual Females. Identifying as a Female does not make you one. Your analogy with a kid pretending to be a super hero is inept because even that kid knows he isnt actually buzz light year, and wont scream bigotry at people for refusing to play along.. lol.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

You do know what I posted was about the word "gender", which is a dual use word in the English language? Not the word "sex".

The kid was arguing over the word "gender" which by definition can mean either sex or identity. Identity is what people view themselves as, which is why I called it "absurd". It's a fallacious argument to say a person can't describe their own gender as something other than male or female, since gender identity is not related to biological sex.

People do me no harm when they self identify as other and it's their right or cross to bear no matter how you look at it. Misrepresenting the word "gender", which is what the kid did, only makes the kid look foolish and coached. He was just being a "turd" as I said. We were all teen's once and it's clear what that kid was up to.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

It does matter when, if you don't identify someone how they believe they should be identified you can:

Be charged with a hate crime and potentially be fined or go to jail
get sued in civil court
Lose your business
Lose your job
Violate your religious or personal beliefs
Become a local pariah (unable to live or work in peace)
etc.

Now if someone elses beliefs are not being forced on you with social or legal reprecussions, it's all good...but that is not the path that being gone down.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

It does matter, and I'll tell you why.

If I'm using a word to mean one thing, and you are using it to mean another thing, we're no longer communicating effectively.

If I use gender to mean sex, and you use it to mean societal roles or how you feel, then we're not talking about the same thing. And if the word is codified into law, suddenly people start interpreting it mean both ways when they make legal rulings, we have societal chaos.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   

If you meet a new person whom is introduced as Charles, then you hear someone call him Chuck, then Charlie, so what?
Do we absolutely need to know the true name written on their birth-certificate, and then only use that name?

That isnt analagous and you know it.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I hope the student wasn't kicked out of "science" class. Sounds more like propaganda class to me.

Then there's always them people, "what about the sea cucumber and...and them transsexual frogs?"

Probably be good reasoning if they were a sea cucumber or a frog. Pretty lame when they have to use bottom and pond dwellers as an example for perversion. But the good book says, "The devil is the author of confusion." and in the last days "they will call evil good and good evil".

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

since gender identity is not related to biological sex.

Then why is there only one box to check on an application or questionaire. Sometimes that ONE box is labeled [gender] and sometimes the box is labeled [sex].

Those two words have always been synonymous......until now, when somebody decided to change the meanings.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Here is one application for health insurance that uses the word 'gender'. No box to check for 'sex'. As I said, they have always been used interchangeably. So, whoever is pushing this agenda, is as crazy as the agenda.

www.insurechance.com...

TERM LIFE INSURANCE QUOTES

State:

Type of Insurance:

Birthdate:

Smoker
Yes No

Health Class:

Face Amount:

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

It's quite common for words meanings to change from generation to generation. The key is knowing what they mean right now, today.

I'm not commenting on right or wrong, just pointing out how that word is used in this country today.

When I was a kid, the word "gay" meant in a happy mood or giddy with joy. In my parents day, "cool" only meant low temperature and by my time cool meant something different and it had a double meaning that holds until today. Isn't that cool

Arguing over semantics is never great debate tactic. Gender has evolved to also include orientation or sexual identity.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join