It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher kicks student from class for saying there are only two genders

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

There are more than two genders. The student has a right to his own opinion but not his own facts. Regardless, the teacher should not have kicked the student. Anytime anyone is a bully it is degrades everyone's dignity.

what? He has no right to facts only opinion? what does that even mean?

opinions is what some one believes whether true or not

facts cannot be denied AND are not based on opinions.

Your post makes no sense.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Scientifically speaking, there are 3 actually. male female and hermaphrodite.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

It's funny how people who claim to have common sense are the ones with the most irrational beliefs.

Yep, you should look in a mirror when you say that...

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: NeoSpace
I identify as a billionaire, I demand the bank adjust my account accordingly.

That's two of us. WHERE IS MY MONEY!!!

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Actually the kid was just being a turd.

Gender can refer to biological sex or gender identity. That word is interchangeable.

There are three possible "sexes" and the word sex is more definitive. You are either male, female or hermaphrodite.

Arguing over semantics is just a ruse. I suspect that students parents don't actually understand the word "gender" and he's parroting them just to be, as I said, a turd.

This entire argument over that word is absurd.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Hi everyone. Just stopping in. Does anyone here saying "the science is settled" have any actual science to show proving that it is settled?

Biology, genetics, bio-chemestry, etc tells us there are only two sexes.

Researchers Identify 6,500 Genes That Are Expressed Differently in Men and Women
Genes that are mostly active in one sex or the other may play a crucial role in our evolution and health
Also in:
Life Sciences Biochemistry Evolution and Development Fertility Genetics Systems Biology

Men and women differ in obvious and less obvious ways – for example, in the prevalence of certain diseases or reactions to drugs. How are these connected to one’s sex? Weizmann Institute of Science researchers recently uncovered thousands of human genes that are expressed – copied out to make proteins – differently in the two sexes. Their findings showed that harmful mutations in these particular genes tend to accumulate in the population in relatively high frequencies, and the study explains why. The detailed map of these genes, reported in BMC Biology, provides evidence that males and females undergo a sort of separate, but interconnected, evolution.

wis-wander.weizmann.ac.il...

What's more in order for a species to be able to exist that species has to be able to reproduce naturally "as that other sex these people claim to be."

Prove that those other sexes, which you claim exist, evolved naturally and can reproduce naturally "as that other sex they claim to be." If they cannot reproduce naturally then such sexes don't really exist except on the minds of those who believe "they are other sexes."

Or don't you believe in "evolution" anymore?

BTW, anomalies, such as hermaphrodites, do not prove that there are more sexes. Those are "anomalies that do occur in all species."

edit on 18-6-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: jidnum
Scientifically speaking, there are 3 actually. male female and hermaphrodite.

Hermaphrodites are not a different sex. They have both sexes, male and female, which occurs due to abnormal evolution. As of 2010 there are only 11 known and reported cases of hermaphrodites. That's an anomaly. What's more, normally in hermaphrodites only one gonadal tissue functions, so they can't self fertilize.

Even wikipedia, a known liberal/progressive site explains this, or the fact that there are no documented cases in which one individual, a hermaphrodite, can self impregnate.

Prevalence

There are no documented cases in humans in which both types of gonadal tissue function,[4] contrary to the common misconception that hermaphrodites can impregnate themselves.

Human individuals born with both gonads are usually infertile. There are, however, rare cases of fertility in "truly hermaphroditic" humans.[5][6] These individuals typically have functional ovarian tissue, but underdeveloped testes that are unable to engage in spermatogenesis. As a result, these individuals are fertile, but not auto-fertile.[7]

There is a hypothetical scenario, though, in which it could be possible for a human to self fertilize. If a human chimera is formed from a male and female zygote fusing into a single embryo, giving an individual functional gonadal tissue of both types, such a self-fertilization is feasible. Indeed, it is known to occur in non-human species where hermaphroditic animals are common, including some mammals.[7][8] However, no such case of functional self-fertilization has ever been documented in humans.[7]

As of 2010, there have been at least 11 reported cases of fertility in true hermaphrodite humans in the scientific literature,[2] with one case of a person with XY-predominant (96%) mosaic giving birth.[4] Estimated frequency of ovotestes is one in 83,000 births (0.0012%)

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
There are three possible "sexes" and the word sex is more definitive. You are either male, female or hermaphrodite.

Arguing that more sexes exist which do not occur naturally, and can't reproduce naturally is even more of a ruse.

If hermaphrodites were not an anomaly then they should be able to self impregnate.

BTW, I am aware of claims that some hermaphrodites have been able to self impregnate, but I wonder why those very few cases only occur in third world countries.

originally posted by: Blaine91555
Arguing over semantics is just a ruse. I suspect that students parents don't actually understand the word "gender" and he's parroting them just to be, as I said, a turd.

This entire argument over that word is absurd.

It is far more an absurd argument to claim that because some people believe to be other sexes, that such sexes exist.

If such sexes really did exist then evolution would have made them possible and would have given them the ability to reproduce "as that other sex separate from male and female."

edit on 18-6-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 07:56 PM
link   
And people say China is bad for brain washing people!

This IS a danger to Free speech!
You Have to think in the Accepted way or you are Evil?

so how many do you need to have sex to make baby?
how many genders do we have now? 58? 71?
so... to make babies you have a Mas orgy!!!

what does the doctor say wen its born?
"its a glass of gender fluid!"

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 08:57 PM
link   
"The science is settled" yet we cannot distinguish gender from sex.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Gender has always been a cultural thing. For example the Navajo has 4 genders.man, woman, masculine female-bodied nádleeh, and feminine male-bodied nádleeh. This young man is actually showing a lack of understanding.

What he should have said is that everyone is male or female. The moment he claimed that their is only 2 genders he was wrong. Society can and does create multiple genders.

In the future I would suggest he say all humans are either Male or female.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 10:56 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Yet the idea of "gender" is being used to negate "the fact that there are only 2 sexes."

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse>>>> The teacher/professor wasn't saying that there aren't only two genders, only that the official school policy is that there are more than two genders and that questioning that view won't be tolerated. Like with global warming. They say global warming is the official belief, not that its proven and that they won't tolerate questioning it. Go back 1000 years and the world was flat and the sun revolved around the earth. Same heresy.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Let's talk facts.
Fact 1: No other species on earth mutilates itself in order to 'realise its true form'. Yes there are hermaphrodites etc but I will repeat, no other species MUTILATES itself to achieve a change in sexual reproductive organs.
Fact 2: Teenagers are forever vain, obsessed with popularity or for that matter just keen to get a response from being completely and utterly facetious.

The world needs to wake up. This transgender crap is an absolute abomination. And no I do not mean in the biblical sense. I mean in a common logic sense based on an understanding of DEFINITIVE science. I can accept homosexuality and that sexuality itself is fluid but this transgender agenda is beyond ridiculous.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 04:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: network dude

How about you answer my question first before deflecting to a different topic? Where is the science showing that the matter of there being only two genders is settled?
Are you for real?

Men have a penis and can't have babies, females have a vagina and can have babies. Stick a penis into a vagina and squirt a bit of milk and you make a baby.

That scientific enough?

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I guess no sources from you either. Just baseless attacks. Well anyways. It's been fun talking to you all (not really). But I'm tired of being attacked for just politely asking people to prove their points. Apparently if I don't subscribe to ATS' groupthink and just believe things without evidence I'm stupid. So I guess I'll go be stupid elsewhere. Until next time.

PS: I'm a her

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Seriously?

Next they'll be kicking students out for saying the Earth revolves around the Sun...

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 07:42 AM
link   

And the Navajo were empirical scientists clearly...

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 07:42 AM
link   

And the Navajo were empirical scientists clearly...

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Well for all intents and purpose, where procreation is concerned that produces another Human being, the wee dudes bang on the money.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join