It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher kicks student from class for saying there are only two genders

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

a reply to: Krazysh0t

Name just one gender that is neither male nor female and you will have proven us wrong.

I already did... Non-binary. Y'all just yelled at me and said it doesn't exist though.

Gender is not determined by opinion or preference.

It’s why I don’t use the word “gender”. Originally, gender is a word regarding grammar and I will only ever use it in that context. I stick with “sex”.

Never debate progressives using their own made up terms.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: GreenGunther

well, this is the oxford english dictionary's interpretation of gender;

"gender
NOUN

1 Either of the two sexes (male and female), especially when considered with reference to social and cultural differences rather than biological ones. The term is also used more broadly to denote a range of identities that do not correspond to established ideas of male and female.
More example sentences
1.1 Members of a particular gender considered as a group.
‘social interaction between the genders’
‘encouraging women and girls to join fields traditionally dominated by the male gender’
More example sentences Synonyms
1.2 mass noun The fact or condition of belonging to or identifying with a particular gender.
‘video ads will target users based only on age and gender’
‘traditional concepts of gender’
‘I'm a strong believer that gender is fluid’ "

specifically says 'the TWO sexes', but also considers gender as an identity issue as well as a biological one.

www.lexico.com...

edit on 18 6 2019 by RoScoLaz5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy
Exactly!

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 09:12 AM
link   

It’s really easy. Use science. Show me another gender.

Nobody can make a moron look up terms, or click the links in our posts. But we can beat a dead horse once it starved because it wont drink the water it was led to.

You say Bull, I say Walking Dead Stallion.

edit on 18-6-2019 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: TheSteppenwolf

Were either XX or XY.

There are variants but those are genetic abnormalities, not genders or “sex”.

Trisomy, Downs Syndrome present abnormalities, hermaphroditism exhibits phenotypic abnormalities, but they are not a gender nor are they a sex.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: daskakik

I think that maybe we're jumping the gun with our opinions. I'd like to know what happened in the classroom. Was the student aggressive and was thus kicked out or was the teacher the one in the wrong?
Going by the demeanor of the teacher he seems to be pretty calm and maybe the student is the one who was in the wrong. I didn't watch the whole video though so maybe I'm wrong.

Seemed to me the kid was acting pretty calm,and the teacher was getting pissed off because the kid had the audacity to question authority.
I mean honestly-Who deos that in a so called free country,right?

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   

1. either the male or female division of a species, especially as differentiated by social and cultural roles and behavior:
the feminine gender.
Compare sex(def 1).

2. a similar category of human beings that is outside the male/female binary classification and is based on the individual's personal awareness or identity. See also third gender.

www.dictionary.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

"Just" definitions? Well, okay. But every word we use is made up by someone and given a "definition." And in this case, some people have re-defined some words and given them a different definition, but others refuse to accept the re-definition. That's all we've got. Literally.

Yes. Just definition. There are actually scientific studies that have been done on this. You can easily look them up. Definitions are irrelevant as they aren't an objective way to measure something. Thus they aren't scientific.

There is no scientific data to prove anyone has a different "gender" than "sex." In fact, there is nothing to tie "gender" back to "sex" if our "gender" isn't tied to our "sex." And if "gender" is whatever someone says it is, rather than a universally defined and accepted word, then "gender" means nothing.

Care to quote an actual scientist on that?

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

We weren't talking about you.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   

that's the thing though if it wasn't settled there would be biological evidence presented by the worlds leading sex and gender scientists which could lead to prove that there are more than two genders

but there is no evidence to suggest otherwise, all we have is peoples subjective opinions about their own reality !

Science at least can prove we have two sexes male and female , and then intersex humans, who either have both sex organs or more of one than the other ! and these humans are considered to have been through abnormal fetal development

their gender is then looked at based on their natal sex, and then all the other subjective cultural factors that get placed onto them and then the societal environmental pressures which help shape them as they grow !

So gender itself is simply derived from the scientific classification of male and female but used to address the behavioural differences between the sexes.

Now because of gender identity politics and cultural changes we have people directing humanity based on subjective feelings rather than objective facts and its only going to cause more suffering.

Science shows sex is binary not a spectrum

It therefore becomes a question of whether a statistically rare occurrence in the general population should be considered typical. An analogy that is commonly used to illustrate this is the fact that most of us have 10 fingers. There exist individuals who possess fewer or more than 10 digits on their hands, but this hasn’t called for a re-conceptualization of how many fingers a human being has.

Then you can see how we have got to this point, because being born intersex or being born with gender dysphoria
or being born gay , you would end up being branded as "abnormal" strictly in a scientific biological sense of the word.

it is suggested by the kinsey report that 10% of the total human population is gay

Only two sexes but multiple genders how to explain

Science shows sex is binary not a spectrum

Kinsey statistics
kinsey

what you will find in a lot of these articles written by researchers and scientists is they will say , yes there are more than two sexes and , chromosomes can lead to some interesting results
and mixing of the two sexes , but they will only say this because now if you say anything about sex or gender which could upset LGBT in any country then you will likely lose your funding and your job,

they wont go on to say that these "intersex" groups are considered biological abnormalities in fetal development

so I do think there is a good bit of apprehension from any science person now to say the truth simply for fear of being branded a bigot or a LGBT phobe !

just take a look at this article
nothing about abnormal sexual development is even mentioned when speaking about intersex birth defects

Trump admin says there are two sexes, the science says they are wrong

link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz5

Interesting... apparently Oxford changed the definition on or about February 16, 2017.

Prior to the change, the definition was given as:

1. [mass noun] The state of being male or female (typically used with reference to social and cultural differences rather than biological ones:
"traditional concepts of gender"

1.1 [count noun] The members of one or other sex:
"differences between the genders are encouraged from an early age.

Screenshots can be seen here.
edit on 18-6-2019 by Boadicea because: formatting

link   

Bull.

It’s really easy. Use science. Show me another gender.

You claim I’m wrong but only offer opinion, not fact, nothing scientifically proven.

I've made ZERO claims in this thread. I've only asked you to prove yours.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Your "proof" is a partisan newspaper and not actual science articles. I'll give you a D for the effort, but that is still an abysmal way to prove what science is and isn't saying on the matter. Also, I don't give a rat's ass about what your opinion is on what you think scientists deem ok or not ok to say. That's silly talk and just a distraction. I just care about the objective data.

You did post a study, so I'll actually check that out instead of ignoring it like I'm going to do with the rest of your "proof". And after reading it, I found this conclusion:

In conclusion: In this paper I advanced the physiology-based view that there are probably as many different gender variants as there are sexually reproducing individuals, and this not only in humans. Hence, there is no need to make subcategories in the gender variants with the purpose to install a moral hierarchy as they are all physiologically equal. This does not mean that all gender variants contribute equally well to the well-being of the whole population. I hope that growing awareness that the Ca2+- homeostasis system which is a key signalling system in all eukaryotes, acts as one of the corner stones on which gender is based, may contribute to a better acceptance of the variability of in gender forms as a natural, largely genetic (inborn) system.

Well THAT'S crazy. It actually says the exact opposite of what you are claiming the science says.
edit on 18-6-2019 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 09:30 AM
link   
If you even look it up on wikipedia for example

Intersex people are individuals born with any of several variations in sex characteristics including chromosomes, gonads, sex hormones, or genitals that, according to the UN Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights, "do not fit the typical definitions for male or female bodies".[1][2] Such variations may involve genital ambiguity, and combinations of chromosomal genotype and sexual phenotype other than XY-male and XX-female.[3][4] Intersex people were previously referred to as hermaphrodites or "congenital eunuchs".[5][6]

In 19th and 20th century medical literature, intersex was referred as true hermaphroditism, female pseudohermaphroditism, and male pseudohermaphroditism reflecting the first taxonomic efforts to classify intersex conditions.[7] These terms are no longer used: terms including the word "hermaphrodite" are considered to be misleading, stigmatizing, and scientifically specious.[8] A hermaphrodite is now defined as "an animal or plant having both male and female reproductive organs"[7] In 1917, Richard Goldschmidt created the term "intersexuality" to describe a variety of physical sex ambiguities.[7] In clinical settings, the term “disorders of sex development” (DSD) has been used since 2006.[9] This shift has been controversial since the label was introduced.

Intersex people face stigmatization and discrimination from birth or discovery of an intersex trait such as from puberty. This may include infanticide, abandonment and the stigmatization of families.[13][14][15] Globally, some intersex infants and children, such as those with ambiguous outer genitalia, are surgically or hormonally altered to create more socially acceptable sex characteristics. However, this is considered controversial, with no firm evidence of favorable outcomes.[16] Such treatments may involve sterilization. Adults, including elite female athletes, have also been subjects of such treatment.[17][18] Increasingly these issues are considered human rights abuses, with statements from international[19][20] and national human rights and ethics institutions.[21][22] Intersex organizations have also issued statements about human rights violations, including the Malta declaration of the third International Intersex Forum.[23][10][11][12]

So basically because people are stigmatised and can often lead to suffering the definitions have been changed
but , these are still pretty much considered as abnormal fetal development by scientists as less than 1% of the human population are born with intersex sexual organs!

the medical community having changed their definitions so that humans who suffer these birth defects can lead a life free from stigma and oppression.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   

I've looked at the studies. Most are seriously flawed. None can definitively prove anything.

At best, as I understand it, science (and MRIs) might be able to show that the brains of homosexual men who identify as women do share some traits/tendencies with the brains of women. However, the results are still within the normal range for men, just closer to a woman's brain than most men.

On the other hand, the brains of heterosexual men who identify as women (autogynephiles), are on the other end of the spectrum, still within normal ranges for men, but more or most masculine so to speak.

But more important, do transgenders as a community, and society as a whole, really want to go down a route where people have to submit for brain imaging to determine if they "fit"? I don't like that idea at all. I don't want any authorities or officials testing us and slapping labels on us.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Well, technically the teacher is correct in that there are at least 3 genders that occur naturally - male, female and those born with both / neither (so maybe 4?).

It certainly doesn't warrant removal from class though, unless it was entirely discriminatory in nature (as in aimed at someone in that class - which would be bullying).

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

I've looked at the studies. Most are seriously flawed. None can definitively prove anything.

Ok... Show me. Demonstrate to me how these studies are flawed. Just saying they are flawed isn't going to magically make me believe you when I've been requesting to see these studies the whole time I've been commenting in the thread. To me this sounds like you are you just dismissing the science because it says something you don't want it to say.

At best, as I understand it, science (and MRIs) might be able to show that the brains of homosexual men who identify as women do share some traits/tendencies with the brains of women. However, the results are still within the normal range for men, just closer to a woman's brain than most men.

Being homosexual has absolutely nothing to do with being transgender. Also, show me these results so I can verify your claim here.

ETA: It occurs to me that you are conflating a separate claim with the one I requested proof for here. The claim you are referencing above is about if transmen have male brains and transwomen have female brains. This is a topic that you are LITERALLY bringing up into the topic right now and wasn't being discussed before. IE this is a distraction. For what it's worth. I don't believe there is such a thing as a "male" or "female" brain. There are some regions of the brain that show isolated female activity in transwomen and isolated male activity in trans men but not enough variance to make a conclusion on this. Plus the evidence overall is lacking for and against this idea.

On the other hand, the brains of heterosexual men who identify as women (autogynephiles), are on the other end of the spectrum, still within normal ranges for men, but more or most masculine so to speak.

AGP is a debunked theory and not taken seriously by pretty much anyone in any science field. It's like bringing up flat earth "theory" as a real theory. And again. Homosexuality and thus by extension heterosexuality has nothing to do with being transgender. Hell, you don't even address the existence of bisexual transgender people like myself. And even if you did, there are yet more sexualities that a transgender can be. Like asexual, pansexual, etc.

But more important, do transgenders as a community, and society as a whole, really want to go down a route where people have to submit for brain imaging to determine if they "fit"? I don't like that idea at all. I don't want any authorities or officials testing us and slapping labels on us.

Transgender people aren't the ones obnoxiously questioning if they can be the gender they identify as or not while appealing to invasive ways of determining like chromosomes. It's you guys doing that. So victim blaming the trans community because you refuse to believe that someone is the gender they identify is kind of low.
edit on 18-6-2019 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Yes, see? Just avoid using the word gender and they have nothing. It’s politics, not science.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 09:47 AM
link   

IN those articles they link to more studies so it would probably be worth your while if you are interested to read more on it !

here is another one you may find interesting

gender construct - gender differences

Sex differences in childrens toy preferences

Gender similarities Hypotheses

www.apa.org...

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Ok... Show me. Demonstrate to me how these studies are flawed. Just saying they are flawed isn't going to magically make me believe you when I've been requesting to see these studies the whole time I've been commenting in the thread. To me this sounds like you are you just dismissing the science because it says something you don't want it to say.

What a freaking copout... and power play.

You want to make a claim and prove it, then do it. Google seems to be your friend so what's the problem? You'll get far more than I could give you. Do your own damn research if you want it posted. No one has to jump through your hoops to prove or disprove anything.

Just be careful what you wish for. You just might get it.

It's you guys doing that.

DON'T MISGENDER ME!!! I'm so invalidated now... I need to go find a safe space...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join