It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher kicks student from class for saying there are only two genders

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: network dude

Then why are you responding to me in the first place? My original question was addressed to the people declaring that the science is settled on there being only two genders. If you don't believe that then I wasn't ever talking to you.

I believe that there are only 2 genders. Male and female. Anything else is made up in the minds of the confused. There is no crime in being confused, but when you refuse to accept reality, you go down a dangerous path. You treat mental illness, you don't promote it.

Jonathan, eight, has identified as both a boy and a girl at the same time since age two and a half. At California’s Bay Area Rainbow Day Camp, where children can safely express their gender identities, Jonathan tries on life as a unicorn.

www.nationalgeographic.com...

If someone is gay, they are still the same gender they were before they realized, or decided to be gay. I'm not gay, so I honestly don't have any idea if it's a physical thing, or just a mental thing. It's not for me to decide. But until you can prove through science that multiple genders exist beyond male and female, you are just voicing opinion based on feelings. That's not scientific, it's projection.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
I believe that there are only 2 genders. Male and female. Anything else is made up in the minds of the confused. There is no crime in being confused, but when you refuse to accept reality, you go down a dangerous path. You treat mental illness, you don't promote it.

If it is reality then you should be able to demonstrate it scientifically, which I keep politely asking for from you despite your feigned indignation. Velocity is a matter of reality but I can still demonstrate it in an experiment and even calculate its value.

If someone is gay, they are still the same gender they were before they realized, or decided to be gay. I'm not gay, so I honestly don't have any idea if it's a physical thing, or just a mental thing. It's not for me to decide. But until you can prove through science that multiple genders exist beyond male and female, you are just voicing opinion based on feelings. That's not scientific, it's projection.

Being gay has nothing to do with changing your gender. It's literally unrelated. Furthermore you keep trying to assign claims to me that I've never made. You got mad at me for suggesting you said that the science is settled (though you clearly believe that regardless if you said it or not) yet here you are telling me to prove things I never claimed. I'm willing to explore those claims provided you show me how science says that there are only two genders OR concede the point as being erroneous, but no sooner.
edit on 18-6-2019 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   
For what it's worth, strictly speaking, "gender" was originally and historically a grammatical construct employed in written and oral language:

From the Grolier Encyclopedia © 1963, Volumes 9 & 10 FOO-HOM:

Gender (Latin genus, kind) Classes into which nouns are divided according to sex or absence of sex. They are sometimes three in number -- masculine, feminine, and neuter; sometimes two -- masculine and feminine; and in inflexional languages are shown by different terminations. But this grammatical distinction is often arbitrary; thus, in Latin mensa (table) is feminine, in German Mond (moon) masculine, Sonne (sun) feminine. In English, gramatical gender does not exist, natural gender, in which sex and gender agree, being shown by special endings (executor, executrix), or by different words (horse, mare; fox, vixen).

From The New Lexicon Websters Dictionary of the English Language © 1989:

Gender gen-der n. (gram.) the classification of words, or the class to which a word belongs by virtue of such classification, according to the sex of the referent (natural gender) or according to arbitrary distinctions of form and syntax (grammatical gender). Modern English has few traces of grammatical gender, but Latin nouns all have gender, masculine, feminine or neuter, often contradicting natural gender. Adjectives and articles have gender insofar as they change form to agree with the noun they qualify. (pop.) sex (male or female) [M.E. gendre fr. O.F.]

At some point (probably with the sex revolution of the 60s), people began using "gender" rather than "sex" to differentiate between the act and the anatomy. Then, sometime in the last 30 years, someone came up with "gender" (as some magical essence) being separate and distinct from our "sex" (our physical biology and anatomy), which became "transgender" when someone decided their brain and anatomy did not match. Hence, the "I was born in the wrong body" theory. I suppose at this point someone could say "I was born with the wrong brain" with the same logic.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   
There are three GENDERS!

The: Male
The: Female
The: Almosts

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: recrisp

Almost what?

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I'll hand it to you. This is more "evidence" than anyone else has provided (which are just deflections and trollish nonsense), but it is still not proof of anything. It is just definitions. Science really does have a say in this matter and it is rather telling that this thread is actively avoiding citing it while claiming that it is on their side.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Name just one gender that is neither male nor female and you will have proven us wrong.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I’m still trying to figure out what any other genders there areother than male and female.

If you are uninformed on the topic at hand why do you profess to know what you are talking about? Google is your friend and I'm not Google.

If I identify as someone who does not believe in gravity, I will not float.

Not saying I can’t disbelieve in gravity, but my disbelief does not change the law of physics.

Ok. Then show me where the science says there are only two genders. It should be easy if it is so obvious.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Name just one gender that is neither male nor female and you will have proven us wrong.

I already did... Non-binary. Y'all just yelled at me and said it doesn't exist though.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

Good to see you back, Kray!

Howdy. Just doing one of my drive bys I do every few months. This place is too toxic for me to hang around too long.

In related news: what's a hermaphrodite? Maybe people got kicked out of their classes too much? Isn't this a matter of basic education?

Intersex is a more encompassing term, but yep that is another example of how gender isn't a binary.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   

If it is so obvious that there are more than 2, prove me wrong.

link   

If it is reality then you should be able to demonstrate it scientifically, which I keep politely asking for from you despite your feigned indignation. Velocity is a matter of reality but I can still demonstrate it in an experiment and even calculate its value.

Being gay has nothing to do with changing your gender. It's literally unrelated. Furthermore you keep trying to assign claims to me that I've never made. You got mad at me for suggesting you said that the science is settled (though you clearly believe that regardless if you said it or not) yet here you are telling me to prove things I never claimed. I'm willing to explore those claims provided you show me how science says that there are only two genders OR concede the point as being erroneous, but no sooner.

read the first two words in my response. I am not an authority on the subject and can make no scientific declarations. I did learn all about Biology, human structure, and how life starts and works when I was in school. To date, I have only seen things contrary to those teachings presented with feelings and opinions. So until it's proven that the previous teachings were wrong, I have to go with them.

What are the genders assigned at birth besides Male and female?

link   

I already did... Non-binary. Y'all just yelled at me and said it doesn't exist though.

Gender is not determined by opinion or preference.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Howdy. Just doing one of my drive bys I do every few months. This place is too toxic for me to hang around too long.

translation:
made too many empirical statements that came back to bit him/her on the ass, and had to leave since defending the obviously wrong is not possible.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   

"Just" definitions? Well, okay. But every word we use is made up by someone and given a "definition." And in this case, some people have re-defined some words and given them a different definition, but others refuse to accept the re-definition. That's all we've got. Literally.

There is no scientific data to prove anyone has a different "gender" than "sex." In fact, there is nothing to tie "gender" back to "sex" if our "gender" isn't tied to our "sex." And if "gender" is whatever someone says it is, rather than a universally defined and accepted word, then "gender" means nothing.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Gender is not determined by opinion or preference.

If birth certificates were shown to have gender listed as something other than male or female, I would change my stance.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   

If it is so obvious that there are more than 2, prove me wrong.

And here is why I don't come to this website anymore. Instead of debating like an adult you throw childish nonsense like this at me, and this is considered acceptable "debate" on these forums these days. Like all you are doing here is saying, "No you!" to my request for proof of your claims. So again, Google is your friend. It isn't hard to look up what other genders there are besides male and female. It's not my fault you can't Google to sate your ignorance and are then relying on your own ignorance to claim something doesn't exist.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Bull.

It’s really easy. Use science. Show me another gender.

You claim I’m wrong but only offer opinion, not fact, nothing scientifically proven.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

"read the". Those are the first two words of your response... Jokes aside. If you admit to not being an authority on the subject, what makes you so sure you are correct? It seems to me that a truly inquisitive person would acknowledge their ignorance assume they are wrong and see what the experts have to say on the matter. Yet you've done none of that with me and are actively resisting it. Why?

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   

translation:
made too many empirical statements that came back to bit him/her on the ass, and had to leave since defending the obviously wrong is not possible.

More like snippy, low blow posts like this are why I don't come here anymore. Thanks for reminding me why my stay here will only be temporary.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join