It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher kicks student from class for saying there are only two genders

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
no, just some really, really simple common sense.

It's funny how people who claim to have common sense are the ones with the most irrational beliefs.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Common sense isn't science. No matter how much you want it to be. So I ask again. Do you have any actual science that suggests it is settled? Otherwise you are being dishonest.

eta:

If you are a champion of transgendered folk, you might say, "she transitioned from male to female". or vice versa. Thus only proving the point that regardless of what you wish to identify as, you were (pick one of the 2 genders), and now you identify as (pick one of the other 2 genders).

This assumes that non-binary people don't exist.

show me any science publication that explains what "non-binary" is opposed to "male" or "Female"

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Non-binary people do NOT exist, you are correct.

also non- oxygen breathing people do not exist either.

however there are people that lack oxygen to the brain, you are proof.

therefor "the Science is setteled"

ETA:This is much like supporting abortion on Demand, did your parents?
edit on 18-6-2019 by thedigirati because: Simple minds are easily confused

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

It's funny how people who claim to have common sense are the ones with the most irrational beliefs.

like thinking that there are only 2 genders? If that's wrong, what are the others?

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Another case of a confused and or moron teacher trying to teach his students how there should be many genders. Good for you kid standing up for what most of us know as "Reality."

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

On one hand I dont disagree with raising awareness of small groups of people who are marginalised or considered not normal , or are oppressed by others or by the law !

I'm still working through this in my head, but I'm not sure I agree. It seems to me that it only works in theory, not in practice. As soon as you single someone(s) out for any reason, then it is marginalizing. I'm thinking it works far better to simply teach our kids to be good to everyone, respect everyone, respect their autonomy and rights, etc. Then there is no reason to single any group out, and when kids come across people with differences, they have no reason to think or treat them any different.

So i agree they should teach LGBTQ stuff in schools so that children are at least informed and educated on the issue.

I think something should be taught, but I'm not sure just how much or how little that should be. Too much, and it can easily become indoctrination. Too little, and it may cause too much confusion or misunderstanding.

I read a story this morning about a girl in Canada whose parents have filed a complaint because their 6-year-old daughter's teacher taught them that "boys and girls aren't real." Freaked this poor little girl out. Her objective and tangible reality was just denied in order to affirm and validate a subjective and intangible identity. This is the article if you'd like to read it: Ontar io family files human rights complaint after six-year-old girl upset by gender theory in school

but I dont think children should be told to keep quiet for simply questioning there educators , as ultimately is that not what we want , children asking important questions and asking why ?

And this is where indoctrination comes into the picture. Yes, children must be able to ask questions and explore what they are being taught. But when the entire lesson is based in theory and ideology, but is presented as fact and science, then there is no place for questions.

There is also no option for saying "no." And, by extension, personal boundaries are then violated, and people are victimized by abusers -- especially women and girls.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 08:25 AM
link   

This assumes that non-binary people don't exist.

They do, but the proper term is "mentally challenged". Believing you are something you aren't is a mental issue.
You can want to be something you aren't, all day. But when you no longer accept the reality that you were born with a dick, you are MALE, and if you were born without one, you are female, you have transitioned into what we like to call "needing the asylum".

Show me the science that proves that wrong.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Hi everyone. Just stopping in. Does anyone here saying "the science is settled" have any actual science to show proving that it is settled?

Sure. Disprove the science that there are more than 2 genders.

Name the others.

I’m curious. But not bi-curious.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

How about you answer my question first before deflecting to a different topic? Where is the science showing that the matter of there being only two genders is settled?

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I love and support people being who they are, but the teacher's insistence that the matter is settled because the "authority" says so is a deeply flawed position to begin with.

For the record, I identify as "Bowie." I prefer people who suck like they made it up yesterday and can't wait to tell me all about it.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Hi everyone. Just stopping in. Does anyone here saying "the science is settled" have any actual science to show proving that it is settled?

Sure. Disprove the science that there are more than 2 genders.

Name the others.

I’m curious. But not bi-curious.

Not happening. Y'all made the claim that the science is settled so I'm taking you to task. I've made no claims one way or the other in this thread so I have no burden of proof to demonstrate.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 08:39 AM
link   

How about you answer my question first before deflecting to a different topic? Where is the science showing that the matter of there being only two genders is settled?

LOL, why don't you go back to my post and show me where I made the claim that the science it settled. Once you do that, we can talk about unicorns.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 08:39 AM
link   

I’m still trying to figure out what any other genders there areother than male and female.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Name the other genders.

Prove me wrong.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Then why are you responding to me in the first place? My original question was addressed to the people declaring that the science is settled on there being only two genders. If you don't believe that then I wasn't ever talking to you.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Let's just say there is a 97 % consensus on it.

link   

I’m still trying to figure out what any other genders there areother than male and female.

If you are uninformed on the topic at hand why do you profess to know what you are talking about? Google is your friend and I'm not Google.

link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly

Let's just say there is a 97 % consensus on it.

Let's just say prove it.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Good to see you back, Kray!

In related news: what's a hermaphrodite? Maybe people got kicked out of their classes too much? Isn't this a matter of basic education?

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   

If you are uninformed on the topic at hand why do you profess to know what you are talking about? Google is your friend and I'm not Google.

If I identify as someone who does not believe in gravity, I will not float.

Not saying I can’t disbelieve in gravity, but my disbelief does not change the law of physics.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join