It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher kicks student from class for saying there are only two genders

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

originally posted by: 4891morfih
Is this a joke?

Sorry but the video looks staged.

I smell bull#.

Actually it is the contrary. It looks very legit.

Maybe.

The teacher kinda looks directly at the phone / camera a few times.

Watch it again.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

My observation/opinion isn't about the interaction between this particular teacher and student but about the OP's claim that schools have somehow "become" places where you can no longer say whatever you want. It was like that when I was in school and it has been a while since then.
edit on 18-6-2019 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: sine.nomine

originally posted by: chr0naut
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

I identify as a giant psychic robot monster!

Hey, dont even think that...

I identify as a medical doctor. Need surgery?

I knew you were going to say that.

I don't need your surgery as I am also a rocket surgeon.

I knew you were gonna say that because I identify as a psychic.

I knew that you were going to say, that you knew that I was going to say that, because I am a ch0naut and time travel is my business.

You always say that in every universe except the one with the tiny, fur covered, T-Rex's, who identify as T-Roxxy's. There, you identify as the plasma flare of a dying star, the sterilizer of worlds.

Fortunately I am prepared and side step into alternate dimensions where, bizarrely, I identify as myself.

... or do I?

edit on 18/6/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 12:10 AM
link   
This student like many rational people, resents being forced to accept something that is simply not true. Those pushing this agenda are forcing logical rational people to accept something that is not logical nor rational. Pushback is bound to happen.

Maybe instead of being forced to call a biological male that identifies as a female, a female, we, as a society should come up with a new word for them. Same for biological females that self-identify as male. Rational people are not going to accept being forced to call him a her and her a him.

Find a new word for them. Also, start a new sports league for them where they compete against each other. What they are doing to female sports is unacceptable and totally unfair.
edit on 18-6-2019 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
This student like many rational people, resent being forced to accept something that is simply not true. Those pushing this agenda are forcing logical rational people to accept something that is not logical nor rational. Pushback is bound to happen.

Maybe instead of being forced to call a biological male that identifies as a female, a female, we, as a society should come up with a new word for them. Same for biological females that self-identify as male. Rational people are not going to accept being forced to call him a her and her a him.

Find a new word for them. Also, start a new sports league for them where they compete against each other. What they are doing to female sports is unacceptable and totally unfair.

It’s compelled speech, being forced to say something you do not believe in. In this case, the speech isn’t shown to be wrong by fact or reason, but by authority and power. It’s frightening.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 12:16 AM
link   

edit on 18-6-2019 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Maybe they are just trying to express their opinion, which the OP seems to think is sacrosanct.

Smells like a catch-22.

No catch-22. I fully support you being able to have your own idea, even if it is stupid. I will never silence you. The left actively silences any and all who dare have a different thought.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 06:26 AM
link   
But there are only 2 right?
Did they fire this teacher for being daft?

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I agree with the idea that there is a possibility for more than two genders.

Whether or not those additional genders exist today, is argumentative.

I'm speaking from the grounds of future technology and science. We will be be able to redefine ourselves from scratch one day, via genetic engineering, artificial intelligence, and cyborg era biotechnology.

It is in those times, that gender becomes a concept so open, possibilities can be engineered into existence, in terms of our society, psychology, technologically, biologically, sociologically, physically, and culturally.

At that time, there are no constrictors which still ground it to "two". We can make ourselves self replicating Autobots with the ability to transform into fire breathing dinosaurs, and can reproduce with mineralogical features of a new planet.
If you want to tell me that thing, is only male or female, go ahead, but that's when you're absolutely wrong.
edit on 18-6-2019 by Archivalist because: Woop

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Archivalist

Are you human at that point? Humans have 2 genders. If you genetically engineer a living being in such a way it is no longer genetically human then yes, you can have more genders, you just don't have a human anymore.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 06:35 AM
link   

To coin an oft used phrase by the left, the science is settled.

There are two genders.

You can identify as anything you want, but there are only 2 genders.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

UM no, even transitioned people are what they were born....

Jaden

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 07:15 AM
link   
well this is the case in Scotland now as the government has passed legislation meaning that LGBTQ be taught in schools to children to raise awareness etc of their rights and their position and their history and culture.

So what is happening here is that the teacher was likely raising issue with a website in the class when talking about a particular LGBTQ issue in their classroom.

The young lad Murray then says that there are only two genders based on scientific fact
and so the teacher being trained to uphold the curriculum as gospel , will not deviate from that despite having his own opinions. He has said basically that young Murray wouldn't let it lie when he was told to be quiet in class and has been given detention for speaking up !
Most likely because these types of discussions aren't expected on the subject , the children are probably meant to just sit there and not ask questions !
as is normally the case.

Anyway how would an older generation teacher even be able to relate to the material if he himself has no understanding of LGBT ? unless of course he went on a training course for it.

I agree with young Murray , there are only two genders as confirmed by biological scientific fact .
and even not in science we have the principle of gender from Hermeticism which expands on the gender of the universe and everything in it .

What is alarming is that we would rather educate our kids based on what is happening socially and culturally rather than using scientific facts !

Teaching kids that there are more than two genders is dishonest and based on fallacy!

there are not more than two genders, there are however more than two gender identities !
some one who is for all intents one or the other gender may identify as anything they like
still wont change biological facts.

to say that there are makes a mockery of education , because there is no evidence for a third gender or fourth or even fifth gender!

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Watching that is difficult... I was waiting for the Orwellian "How many fingers am I holding up?"

But at the same time, I get the feeling that the teacher isn't any happier about it. I think the teacher totally agrees with the student, but, unfortunately, if he wants to keep his job (in Scotland), then this is what he has to do.

Scotland has already drunk the whole pitcher of Kool-Aid.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I identify as a billionaire, I demand the bank adjust my account accordingly.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

Watching that is difficult... I was waiting for the Orwellian "How many fingers am I holding up?"

But at the same time, I get the feeling that the teacher isn't any happier about it. I think the teacher totally agrees with the student, but, unfortunately, if he wants to keep his job (in Scotland), then this is what he has to do.

Scotland has already drunk the whole pitcher of Kool-Aid.

On one hand I dont disagree with raising awareness of small groups of people who are marginalised or considered not normal , or are oppressed by others or by the law !

So i agree they should teach LGBTQ stuff in schools so that children are at least informed and educated on the issue.
but I dont think children should be told to keep quiet for simply questioning there educators , as ultimately is that not what we want , children asking important questions and asking why ?

Just because it is the law now , doesnt mean it will remain the law , or doesnt mean that it is right either !
I just hope that this gender discussion is only in classes on social awareness and culture and has no place in Biology!

Biology standard grade exam

Question 1:

How many biological sexes are there and for a bonus point name how many genders there are

(oooh , is it a trick question , or is it just two , and two! )

how would a child , be able to answer that honestly , would they defer to their knowledge of biological fact, or would they ignore the facts and answer based on what "society" wants you to say !

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Hi everyone. Just stopping in. Does anyone here saying "the science is settled" have any actual science to show proving that it is settled?

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Hi everyone. Just stopping in. Does anyone here saying "the science is settled" have any actual science to show proving that it is settled?

no, just some really, really simple common sense.

If you are a champion of transgendered folk, you might say, "she transitioned from male to female". or vice versa. Thus only proving the point that regardless of what you wish to identify as, you were (pick one of the 2 genders), and now you identify as (pick one of the other 2 genders).

Hermaphrodites being the only gray area here.

But when you make a career out of being wrong, I guess you have to stick with driving the car you brought to the race, AMIRITE Krazyshot?

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
no, just some really, really simple common sense.

Common sense isn't science. No matter how much you want it to be. So I ask again. Do you have any actual science that suggests it is settled? Otherwise you are being dishonest.

eta:

If you are a champion of transgendered folk, you might say, "she transitioned from male to female". or vice versa. Thus only proving the point that regardless of what you wish to identify as, you were (pick one of the 2 genders), and now you identify as (pick one of the other 2 genders).

This assumes that non-binary people don't exist.
edit on 18-6-2019 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   

There are more than two genders. The student has a right to his own opinion but not his own facts. Regardless, the teacher should not have kicked the student. Anytime anyone is a bully it is degrades everyone's dignity.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join