It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher kicks student from class for saying there are only two genders

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
a reply to: continuousThunder

Again, if it was true those people would be able to have children "the natural way."

i'm utterly dumbfounded. why on earth should this be the case at all? what possible reasoning could you have for this?

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

thank you, it's nice to be appreciated

and yeah that's how it goes around here. i don't really post hoping to change the minds of these jackals, i post so that other lgbt people.. or really just rational people in general.. won't feel quite so alone and hopeless in these nightmares of threads, just a tiny reminder that this ridiculous corner of the internet definitely does not reflect the wider world. lawd knows i need the reminder myself after a little while here!

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: continuousThunder
a reply to: Nothin

thank you, it's nice to be appreciated

and yeah that's how it goes around here. i don't really post hoping to change the minds of these jackals, i post so that other lgbt people.. or really just rational people in general.. won't feel quite so alone and hopeless in these nightmares of threads, just a tiny reminder that this ridiculous corner of the internet definitely does not reflect the wider world. lawd knows i need the reminder myself after a little while here!

Bravo, bravo - thunder that is continuous, or should be.

Oh yes, the subject at hand.

Political mud pit says it all. This subject should not be in a mud pit.
edit on 16CDT09America/Chicago04190930 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: WalkTheRingsOfSaturn

originally posted by: Nothin

Why would my opinions about fairness matter?
Nature isn't fair.
So somebody changes some rules, and ends-up with enough power to enforce them.
Can we do anything about it, other than come on the internet and state our opinion that we don't like it?
That's it! It ends there, no?

Life is short, and only so much spit left.
Am certainly not interested in spending it on complaining about things, that have no control over.
Not by a long-shot!

Our opinions and beliefs don't matter one bit in this crazy world.

So the opinions and beliefs of biological males identifying as females and wanting to be treated as female and called female and allowed to play rugby, hockey, wrestle etc. against biological females instead of against other biological males.. dont matter (?) and life is short so why bother worrying about catering to their ideas.of fairness.. Or is it just my daughter and other girls not wanting to be manhandled (pun intended) by biological males identifying as female, while participating in these sports.. whose opinion, safety etc. you dont think matter much?

Sorta kinda sorta.
Beliefs, opinions and such don't matter, except to the holders of said beliefs and opinions, and others whom value such things.
If they matter to you: then they matter to you. Not me, and not necessarily anyone else.
The whole concept has been created by us crazy hairless apes, and doesn't exist anywhere else in nature.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 10:03 PM
link   

If I want to jump into the ocean, ain't nobody's business if I do.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 10:05 PM
link   

My pleasure.
Have seen and appreciated your comments before, without commenting.

Seems like even-keeled folk here are the exception, rather than the rule.
Perhaps that is why they stand-out.
Speaking of which: there is wonderful ATS member InTheLight, with another intelligent and wise comment, right below yours.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 11:08 PM
link   

"won't feel quite so alone and hopeless in these nightmares of threads, just a tiny reminder that this ridiculous corner of the internet definitely does not reflect the wider world"

You want to know what DOES reflect in the wider world? Hate. And the fact that you can attach so much hate to one side, while simultaneously hating on people who ARENT you, makes you hypocritical as F@#k. Time and time again I'm told how I'm just supposed to support and watch my P's and Q's around folks who turn around and gush all kinds of hate on me because of how I look. Its BS, and no matter what "group" you belong to, its THERE. So you tell me, its either all or nothing. You practice what you preach.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

Posted on June 17, 2019 by Dr. Eowyn
On June 14, 2019, someone on Reddit posted a link, since deleted, to a video on YouTube, with this claim: “My teacher kicked me out of class for saying there are only 2 genders“. Fortunately, I’d saved the link to the video before the Reddit poster deleted it.

The video appears to have been taken by the student of his private meeting with the teacher after the teacher had kicked the student out of the class for insisting that there are only two genders, male and female.

The video shows a visual of the teacher looming over the seated student. You can hear the back-and-forth argument between the two.

fellowshipoftheminds.com...

This is the definition of "freedom of speech" according to those who agree with this type of indoctrination which wants to argue that whatever your mind can made up is reality, meanwhile at the same time ignoring actual science.

Anyway, despite whether or not you agree with the student, he has a right to his own opinion, based on real science, but he is punished for not agreeing with the state imposed opinions.

What kind of world is this in which people can't have their own opinion and voice it anymore? It seems as if ignorance is winning around the world.

Humanity has a penis, else it has no penis....

Give me a penis over a brain nor a vagina because common sense is greater than that of sexuality...

Cheer lead with a dildo... I'm offended.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Krazysh0t[/post]

Proof that gender is a binary.

bi·sex·u·al

adjective
sexually attracted not exclusively to people of one particular gender; attracted to both men and women

Do you have any problem with this definition?
edit on 21-6-2019 by WalkTheRingsOfSaturn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I just call it how I see it. Sorry if you make yourself look like an idiot.

In 2,000 years, if an archaeologist digs up the bones of 100 "transgender" people, he's going to end up assuming their genders. Just like the archaeologists are doing today with the bones of long dead people.

You can be male, or female. Period. The science is settled.
edit on 21-6-2019 by Gojira54 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: WalkTheRingsOfSaturn

Krazysh0t[/post]

Proof that gender is a binary.

bi·sex·u·al

adjective
sexually attracted not exclusively to people of one particular gender; attracted to both men and women

Do you have any problem with this definition?

Well for one, bisexual is defined as "attracted to two or more genders" these days. I would know. I'm bisexual and all, but here:

Bisexuality is romantic or sexual attraction to both males and females. The American Psychological Association states that "sexual orientation falls along a continuum. In other words, someone does not have to be exclusively homosexual or heterosexual, but can feel varying degrees of both. Sexual orientation develops across a person's lifetime–different people realize at different points in their lives that they are heterosexual, bisexual or homosexual."[8][14]

Some sources state that bisexuality encompasses romantic or sexual attraction to all gender identities or that it is romantic or sexual attraction to a person irrespective of that person's biological sex or gender, equating it to or rendering it interchangeable with pansexuality.[5][7] The concept of pansexuality deliberately rejects the gender binary, the "notion of two genders and indeed of specific sexual orientations",[7] as pansexual people are open to relationships with people who do not identify as strictly men or women.[5][7] Sometimes the phrase "bisexual umbrella" is used to describe any nonmonosexual behaviors, attractions, and identities, usually for purposes of collective action and challenging monosexist cultural assumptions.[16]

HOWEVER. The definition of a word is not science in any way, shape, or form. Plus even if you do go by your definition, you are ignoring the fact that Pansexuality exists too. In any case, you are deflecting here.

Again. Where is the science that shows you are correct? It's really telling that you keep dodging this request. I think I'm done with you after this post. I've tried to be polite and ask you over and over to prove your position, but you are either incapable or deliberately deflecting to distract me. Either way, it's obvious that you are arguing in bad faith now since you are unwilling to open your mind to an idea that your preconceived notions could possibly be incorrect for. Hence the weak as # dismissal of the study posted in this thread using the word semantics.
edit on 21-6-2019 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Gojira54

Uh huh. Insults and a weak analogy about the distant future. That COMPLETELY invalidates all the current science on gender and sexuality. PHEW! It's a good thing Mr. Gojira54 calls people idiots who don't immediately subscribe to his personal preconceived biases and ask for evidence for them. He said the science is settled so all those scientists in many different science fields can just quit and go home. There is nothing more to learn about gender and sexuality that you haven't learned by 3rd grade. Thanks Mr. Gojira54. I always thought that science was complicated, nuanced, and quite thorough but you've shown me the light.

(by the way, this was all sarcasm)

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Krazy,

If you define gender (as you've done) as any of an infinite # of "gender variations" because we are all a little different, it obviously cant be binary but virtually no one defines it that way because its idiotic and arbitrary. It would also seem to suggest that I'm attracted to a different "gender" for every single individual that I'm attracted to.. wouldn't that make virtually everyone pansexual? Why would you call yourself bi-sexual rather than pan sexual if you are attracted to more than 2 "genders" (as you've defined the term)? You seem to be intentionally making communication impossible by defining things in absurd ways/in ways which result in the same words being used to describe entirely distinct things.

Can you name and define a few genders other than Male and Female? I'm a biological Male who identifies as a biological Male.. what is my gender and what is the gender of a biological Female who identifies as a biological Male?

Am I bisexual if I'm attracted to biologically Female people who identify as Male and also to biologically Female people who identify as Female? According to your definitions it would seem that I am.

Thanks in advance.
edit on 21-6-2019 by WalkTheRingsOfSaturn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin

You're probably right that some may get offended by being called a generic term.
The line of intention was to find a way to address folks, where the chances of offense were as low as possible.
We can try to do that, can't we?

Understand most of your points, and have no beef with them. Agree with many.
Have noticed what you are getting-at with your last comment. To me: it has already started, before these new subjects we are talking about now. Had a 'wow' personal insight on that very thing, way back in 1980, that has stuck with me.
Our western societies have less and less respect for others that came before them.

But here we are. We gotta make do with these societies.
Haven't felt the effect of these new laws, or rules in person.
Don't watch the supposedly scandalous videos neither. Never watch those kinds of things anymore, as have realized that they contain nothing but negative energy for me.

Wonder if anyone has some handy info about how many are being charged for countering these laws?
Is these really happening, or has it happened to one person, and 200 million watched a video and are totally scandalized and incensed?

I'm not opposed to finding a generic term that people who want to differentiate themselves won't find offensive, but at the same time, no one should be forced to use it. It should be integrated into the language and become part of the natural process of linguistic change that happens over time.

You're right, Western society does have a lot less respect for previous generations. I guess I might have grown up a bit different, or perhaps it started falling off after my generation (I was born in 70). I've really noticed it with the last couple of generatins (through friends kids). It might also be, because when I was young I was exposed to a lot of Eastern religious philosophy and it helped shape who I am now.

I don't go out of my way to watch or view any of it because it is negative energy and I try to minimize that as much as I can in my life. I want to make sure to stay positive as much as I can. Life seems a bit sweeter overall when you do that, even when you are challenged with adversity.

There are people out there keeping at least somewhat close track and tabs on who is getting charged, but I don't if there is any master list as I've never looked. Most of the time I see it in youtube feeds regarding it and on an occasional article I see off a website. The issue is bigger in Canada and in California right now, from what I understand. I have a few online chat friends in both places who have mentioned it as well, but have not felt the effects of it directly.

I'm all for difference, individuality and walking to the drum of your own beat. But people too easily forget that at the end of the day we need to all compromise a little bit, we all need to be a little bit understanding and even if we don't agree, try to at least find a way to get along, to a point. Society too easily fragments if you don't and history is littered with examples of what happens when that occurs.

But it may be a naturally occuring cycle too, that we find ourselves in. As a people, humans are very forgetful and have very short memories and when push comes to shove, are often selfish more than selfless. Takes all kinds to make the world go around, but if the balance of it all tips too far in one direction...it never ends well.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Thanatos0042

Thanks for the long and thoughtful reply.

Perhaps we could tell everyone that the issue is resolved, and they can all go back to watching baseball, and enjoying summer?

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

And if you jump into the ocean at 8 1/2 months pregnant ? Do you believe that also is your prerogative and you are not responsible for your unborn life?
edit on 21-6-2019 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   
What's the correct number of genders?

Asking for the decepticons.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: WalkTheRingsOfSaturn
Ok I'm going to give it one more go cause I think I see a way to bridge the gap here.

Your problem is that you are getting too wrapped up in labels. The labels just exist for the people who feel a certain way to express that in an easier form without using tons of words. No one is going to arrest you or hurt you if you label yourself pansexual because of those reasons. Technically that still isn't pansexual and with a cis het man we are probably talking a label more like feminine attracted, but still it doesn't matter.

People who hear you might roll their eyes at you and accuse you of being pedantic, but it doesn't physically hurt you. However, both you and I know that doesn't really describe you. For one, being attracted to one side of the gender spectrum isn't pansexual and for two even if we use feminine attracted, that could include men who present very feminine, trans women all the way from not passing to passing, feminine presenting non-binaries, and many more genders (there, finally answered your question but I also threw in a few sexualities as well) that I'm sure you are uncomfortable with, and for three you're just being pedantic if not other more sinister labels of intent (not judging here, so read into this what you will). This all holds true for your bisexual argument. Again you are just ultimately being pedantic.

Believe it or not there is a very real spot on the gender spectrum for cishet females, and there is nothing to be ashamed of the label cisgender heterosexual (that would be the label that describes you by the way; it's where the term cishet comes from). The point of the labels is merely to describe how people feel about themselves. That's it. Sure it can be complicated, but you don't have to understand every label to be accepting. You just have to know that they are out there and if someone expresses themselves as one that you should be polite about it and if you MUST know what the label is be tactful about asking about it.

The key difference here is that science views this all in a more abstract manner. We don't NEED labels for every single person in the world, because a label isn't a precise measuring tool. It's just a measure of people's emotions about their sexuality and their gender. We can just use them as an abstract concept that describes a large portion of people. Yes, even 0.5% of the population in a country of 330 million people is a lot. It's 16.5 million people. So even if you think the labels are unnecessary, if they exist and people are honestly using them to describe themselves, and not to be rude here but who are you to tell them they are wrong? It's actually kind of arrogant to deny someone a description of themselves because you don't want to take the effort to understand it.

If we can then assume that each of these labels has a sizable number of people (again 16.5 million people is 0.5% of the population) then science can work in the abstract to understand them. But science cannot do that if it limits itself to the idea that gender is a binary. That sexuality is a binary. That romantic interest is a binary. That even biological sex is a binary. To be honest. There is literally nothing in the universe that science considers a binary. We can ALWAYS go between the lines. This holds true for all sciences that you can possibly think of. Even computer science is going past the binary with quantum computing.

For an easy comparison here, religion is also unique to the individual. Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Buddhism, Pagan, Hindu, etc. They are all unique to the individual and come down to the person's emotions. No two people from any given religion believe the exact same thing about it. None. This is because religion is emotion based. You develop your connection to it based on your emotions and used your denomination and major religion to express it. JUST like with lgbt labels. However you wouldn't make an argument that we need a unique denomination name for every believer of any given religion. That would be silly. But we DO have specific denominations of each major religion to get more precise in describing these beliefs. Then these denominations can have sub-denominations, and so forth. Yet at the same time we still never get down to using a different name for each religion for all the people in any given religion. So the exact, same thing should be true with lgbt labels. It's really that simple.
edit on 21-6-2019 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Even computer science is going past the binary with quantum computing.

did you know that no serious painter will use black paint?

Holy fck! I'm just checking in to mock some idiocy and got my mind blown with analogies instead. Surprise, surprise! Dinner at my place?

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Rationalization cum science denialism.....the BS soup du jour

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join