It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher kicks student from class for saying there are only two genders

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

The problem is exactly as I said - gender means orientation, sexual identity, and you biological sex now. If one person talks about it in one way to someone who uses it in another way, those two people are not communicating effectively because they're essentially talking about two different concepts using the same word, and if that word's meaning shifts in the conversation for one person such that you cannot tell from the context, you have a verbal landmine to negotiate. And because we now have laws resting on the word and its contexts and meanings, all of them ... we have chaos. It's not good.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I have been lurking here on ATS for a couple of years now... Never signed up or posted anything, just liked to read the forums when I'm bored. But YOU Sir have the honor of posting something so idiotic that I was compelled to respond...

The science IS settled. Unless you can come up with the different combinations of chromosomes all these made up genders of yours have.

Chromosomes are thread-like molecules that carry hereditary information for everything from height to eye color. They are made of protein and one molecule of DNA, which contains an organism's genetic instructions, passed down from parents. In humans, animals, and plants, most chromosomes are arranged in pairs within the nucleus of a cell. Humans have 22 of these chromosome pairs, called autosomes. How sex is determined Humans have an additional pair of sex chromosomes for a total of 46 chromosomes. The sex chromosomes are referred to as X and Y, and their combination determines a person's sex. Typically, human females have two X chromosomes while males possess an XY pairing. This XY sex-determination system is found in most mammals as well as some reptiles and plants. Whether a person has XX or XY chromosomes is determined when a sperm fertilizes an egg. Unlike the body's other cells, the cells in the egg and sperm — called gametes or sex cells — possess only one chromosome. Gametes are produced by meiosis cell division, which results in the divided cells having half the number of chromosomes as the parent, or progenitor, cells. In the case of humans, this means that parent cells have two chromosomes and gametes have one.

You can be either male, or you can be female.

Cheers :cheers I'll go back to my lurking for now.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I can't really argue with that.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: WalkTheRingsOfSaturn

originally posted by: Nothin

Why not let them play, and indulge in their concepts, beliefs, opinions, ideas, or delusions?
Does it take any skin off-of your back?
What problem does it cause you, personally?

Insisting that I take part in the game and acting as if I'm committing a hate crime of some sort for not doing so does take skin off my back, yes. Its tyrannical and frankly just stupid. Insisting that I call you a Female when you arent one is demanding that I take part in your dishonesty and (what I consider) your disrespect toward actual Females. Identifying as a Female does not make you one. Your analogy with a kid pretending to be a super hero is inept because even that kid knows he isnt actually buzz light year, and wont scream bigotry at people for refusing to play along.. lol.

Sorry that these things have happened to you, and are affecting your life.
Have fortunately not ever had nor seen any of those kinds of situations.

Unfortunate that you found my example inept: there were several layers of potential interpretation to it.
Including a glimpse into how our minds may work, and perhaps some insight as to how we begin this process of imagining that we are something that we are not.

You don't have to call me anything in particular.
Indeed: if you just call me nothin, that would be fine...LoL

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thanatos0042
a reply to: Nothin

It does matter when, if you don't identify someone how they believe they should be identified you can:

Be charged with a hate crime and potentially be fined or go to jail
get sued in civil court
Lose your business
Lose your job
Violate your religious or personal beliefs
Become a local pariah (unable to live or work in peace)
etc.

Now if someone elses beliefs are not being forced on you with social or legal reprecussions, it's all good...but that is not the path that being gone down.

Then why not just call them what they want, or any number of generic terms: like 'person' ?

If they have laws like that: what makes them different from any number of other stupid laws?

Do you go through red-lights at midnight, when you see that all is quiet and safe?
What if that was against your personal beliefs about wasting time and fuel?

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Nothin

It does matter, and I'll tell you why.

If I'm using a word to mean one thing, and you are using it to mean another thing, we're no longer communicating effectively.

If I use gender to mean sex, and you use it to mean societal roles or how you feel, then we're not talking about the same thing. And if the word is codified into law, suddenly people start interpreting it mean both ways when they make legal rulings, we have societal chaos.

We are so much better communicators, that just the words we use.
Yet some folks can't communicate even using the same definitions.

Societal chaos!! Oh my!

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: WalkTheRingsOfSaturn
Identifying as something doesnt make you that thing.. that is the issue.

Not in this case. As Blaine said, the issue here is a kid being a turd and being thrown out of class for it.

If it was history and the topic was the american revolution and some kid started saying that a bunch of the founding fathers were slave owners to the point of disrupting the class, he would get the boot as well. He would be right but that doesn't give him the right to be messing up everyone else's class time.

The only real difference would be those arguing here would probably switch sides.
edit on 19-6-2019 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

But the word gender, like fluid gender or whatever is called is being used to describe people who think they are another sex different from the sex they were born with.

n.
A grammatical category, often designated as male, female, or neuter, used in the classification of nouns, pronouns, adjectives, and, in some languages, verbs that may be arbitrary or based on characteristics such as sex or animacy and that determines agreement with or selection of modifiers, referents, or grammatical forms.
n.
The fact of being classified as belonging to such a category.

www.wordnik.com...

edit on 19-6-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

I would argue that the turds are the people who want to force others to name as female/woman people who were born as a male and looks like a male, or vice versa.

If you believe it fine, you can believe whatever you want, but forcing others to call you what you want to be called is not okay, even when liberal states/nations have decided to do this.

Just because authorities/the law says something it's okay and should be done doesn't mean that it is good or that it is okay.

edit on 19-6-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Where did anyone in the story force someone else to call them what they wanted?

I'm sure you hold your tongue quite a bit around here to stay within the T&Cs. Same deal in classrooms. Not sure what you are arguing about when you continue to participate in a place that puts limits on your speech as well.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

In this case this student was punished for not kowtowing to the "belief" that there are more than two sexes in humans.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Not necessarily. He was punished for being a turd, even if he was right.

I know it might be a difficult idea to grasp but when you are in a space with rules, whatever they may be, you are bound by them. Just like following T&C on ATS. That should be something you should understand.

So, if you lay down some heavy truth on ATS but do it in a way that breaks T&C you will be punished, even if what you say is true. I know you must understand this and probably kowtow to that all the time so I'm not sure what all the drama is about.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 12:40 AM
link   
*shaking head sadly*
so so many people who only got as far as grade school biology posturing like they know so much about science

you know what this is, guys?
you're a bunch of sixth graders going "there's no such thing as letters in math algebra is fake and you're stupid"
the sheer blinding ignorance
and you're all so ARROGANT in it holy heck

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: continuousThunder

I actually graduated from college with honors, than you very much...

The "grade school biology" is in the claims that there are more than two sexes for humans. Chemical imbalances can cause a plethora of mental health problems, and that's what "gender fluidity" is. We live in world in which kids grow up with xenoestrogens in their food, and in every conceivable product, and other artificial chemicals which are causing imbalance in those with a genetic predisposition to be affected, and we have a group of people who want to indulge in the fantasies created by such chemical imbalance. Many children who are made to undergo "sex change surgery" end up killing themselves because changing sex doesn't always makes them happy. In fact, many do not make it because their problem would have never been solved by "changing sex."

Suicide thoughts also often occur because of "chemical imbalance" and are another set of mental health problems which are real, just like "gender fluidity" is a "mental health problem."

edit on 20-6-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 03:14 AM
link   

i take from this that your honours were in, like, business management or something then? 😏

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin

Sorry that these things have happened to you, and are affecting your life.
Have fortunately not ever had nor seen any of those kinds of situations.

My daughter is also an accomplished track and field athlete why should she have to compete for victory and scholarships against males who want to be females and who insist on being treated as if they are? Why should she have to share a locker room.with them? They are not female no matter how strongly they "identify" that way. Identifying as the opposite gender does not make you that gender and it also is not a third gender.. no one on this long thread has yet named and defined any gender beyond Male and Female.. these people need to be recognized but apparently no one can even point them out, name them, define them etc. How strange.
edit on 20-6-2019 by WalkTheRingsOfSaturn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 05:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: continuousThunder
you know what this is, guys?
you're a bunch of sixth graders going "there's no such thing as letters in math algebra is fake and you're stupid"
the sheer blinding ignorance
and you're all so ARROGANT in it holy heck

Can you tell us about some of the genders other than Male and Female? Thanks.

It's more like someone calling black, white.. and the art teacher nodding in agreement and scolding or even punishing people for pointing out that its black..

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Gojira54

The science IS settled. Unless you can come up with the different combinations of chromosomes all these made up genders of yours have.

Got a source for that? Just saying this doesn't make it true. You have to actually prove it, and (poorly) explaining how chromosomes work isn't a source or proof of this either.

ETA: I'd also like to hear how you account for intersex people. You know people with atypical chromosome distributions?

I have been lurking here on ATS for a couple of years now... Never signed up or posted anything, just liked to read the forums when I'm bored. But YOU Sir have the honor of posting something so idiotic that I was compelled to respond...

I find it funny that simply asking people to prove their point is considered "idiotic" to you. Really shows how low this forum has sunk.
edit on 20-6-2019 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: WalkTheRingsOfSaturn

thanks for the extremely laboured analogy, good thing it's more useful than you know;

did you know that no serious painter will use black paint? it flattens an image and sucks the life out of it, so instead people use all manner of techniques to create the illusion of black, from combining amounts of primary colours to make what's known as Payne's Grey, or to use layers of alternating colours laid down extremely thin in what's known as a glaze, which over time creates an extremely deep and dark effect

what i'm trying to illustrate to you here is that the real world is very very complicated - even a simple matter of black and white, well, it's not so black and white after all. it's more about spectrums than simple answers. Nuance.
And life - well, lifeforms are squishy, analogue things that have been doing their own thing with no oversight or anyone to explain themselves to for billions of years. what makes you think life should just fit into a couple of arbitrary boxes just because a bunch of scarcely upright apes decided so?
where did this sacred knowledge of Male And Female come from anyway?
we're just observing what's in the universe and describing it as best we can.
Sure, the vast majority of humans slide easily into one or the other category without complaint, but that doesn't mean the categories have any special meaning of their own. they're just descriptions of observations, and they're not always true. life is profusive and it laughs at your labels.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheSteppenwolf
The teacher says “the authority is very clear” on the issue of genders. But “the authority” is not the truth. It’s some administrator somewhere.

He says actually, “national school authority policy”, which really means the pc police who wrote the bogus Common Core Standards and inserted their Progressive ideas. The Progressives keep telling us conservatives are fascist ....
In addition, the teacher was very defensive. Albeit the student refused to give up his position so then it became a personal power struggle.
edit on 20-6-2019 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join