It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jailed Nun Won't Pay Missile Silo Fine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I know, the wacky world of strange news took yet another notch on the belt with this one, apparently...

Jackie Marie Hudson a nun of 70 years old, was convicted of obstructing national defense and damaging government property in a peace protest for defacing a missile site. Apparently she poured blood on a Minuteman III silo in Colorado Oct 2002, hit a nearby railroad tracks and then sat down to await arrest from local authorities.

www.sfgate.com.../news/archive/2005/03/03/national/a084912S90.DTL

A quote by the peace protesting jailed Nun;

"to pay money to this morally bereft government which presently spends over one billion dollars a day to slaughter or in planning the slaughter of millions of innocent persons."

The nun will be released this Friday after spending 18 months in prison, however she is refusing to pay $3,000 in restitution. Keep in mind this is a nun we're talking about here, so obviously she has no money!

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   
18 months in prison huh? Well, I admire her conviction, but sigh at her stupidity....

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
18 months in prison huh? Well, I admire her conviction, but sigh at her stupidity....

What makes her stupid for protesting something that kills people?

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Talk about a waste of time. What in the world did she possibly think she was going to accomplish by tossing some blood on the silo? Protesting isint going to get jack**** accomplished, it just lands you in jail and up to the waist in fines. The only way to get something done is to cast some votes, but the public has already shown its inability to even carry out that task.

top topics

join