It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Police Shoot People

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Anyone have any stats for police shootings per 100,000 encounters (or some stat like that) today versus 50 years ago, or 60?

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   
One of these Cop Groupie threads again. Real simple, if a cop can't handle the stress of being a cop, then he needs to go to work for Burger King! A persons inability to handle a very stressful job is not an excuse for gunning down citizens! PERIOD! I have always said it takes a special kind of person to choose this way of providing for themselves and their family's living, knowing that the job entails that they must infringe on other peoples human rights for whatever reasons!
edit on 18-6-2019 by rougeskut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

This is a huge problem. Police are only human but there needs to be education and the enforcement of strict policies with regards to using force.

There are huge racial disparities in how US police use force

The following, if true, is not acceptable implementation of policy:

I found this video stunning. But what really amazes me is how the white guy got off so easy more than the way the black guys was treated. I think the way the white guys was treated is more disturbing!

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Anyone have any stats for police shootings per 100,000 encounters (or some stat like that) today versus 50 years ago, or 60?

There are huge racial disparities in how US police use force

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: carewemust

It's obvious why these policemen had to shoot the guy.

Can you clarify your question please?

The title isn't a question, it's a statement in answer to "Why do a lot of police shootings happen?" That answer, clearly, is because a lot of bad people won't hesitate to shoot at first responders given the chance.

Thanks for the support! Always been my point as well..

1st Responder
CPL/CCW

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: carewemust

It's obvious why these policemen had to shoot the guy.

Can you clarify your question please?

The title isn't a question, it's a statement in answer to "Why do a lot of police shootings happen?" That answer, clearly, is because a lot of bad people won't hesitate to shoot at first responders given the chance.

This is simply not true.....very few people Police who interact with are willing to go all-in and try to murder anyone....Police murder people every year in every State in America and in every Province in Canada.....it is a North American affliction......Police kill a LOT of people because the legal system allows them to do it.....SOP allows them to do it....take for example the situation where a stolen vehicle is involved….30 years ago if a teenager stole a car and then tried to make a get-away which young dumb kids do....he would be chased down or Police would give way and he would be simply allowed to go and they would get him later....TODAY HOWEVER.....it is COMMON to see people getting murdered in stolen cehicle in hails ofPolice gunfire almost always in public areas......BECAUSE...laws have been intentinally changed to allow for legal MURDER based on self-defense….. they say the vehicle is a deadly weapon and if a suspect doesn't respond to a verbal command to drop it they MUST BY STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURE BE SHOT DEAD ON THE SPOT IMMEDIATLY....to supposedly save lives...this is simply bullspit….as soon as a Cop yells shut of the vehicle wether you hear him or not....if you fail to respond immediately you WILL BE SHOT IN YOUR HEAD AND YOU WILL DIE...….any Monkeys Uncle can see they bastardised the laws to make it legal for Police to execute people at their leisure.

Lots of Police are killed on the roads doing their jobs and almost every single one is by ACCIDENT....the response to this had been to set up an execution style legal dynamic to send the message to criminals that they will BE KILLED if they steal cars and try to get away......People who work on Highways and Roadways are also killed by vehicles EVERY SINGLE YEAR more road workers die than Police by vehicular accident....but they don't go around executing people because their jobs are high risk.

Furthermore...it is another North American anomaly where as Police now focus on Policing via Traffic Stop..they don't do their jobs anymore......they know it is easier to fake a traffic stop on a known criminal and then ABBROGATE THEIR RIGHTS DURING AN AUTOMOBILE STOP so they can make the law by breaking the laws....getting Warrants and doing legwork to properly Police is not what they want to do.....its easier to nail criminals in transit where you can screw them any ways you want legally...and this results in STREET LEVEL GUN BATTLES....intentionally catalysed by Police SOP.

In my jurisdiction the Civic Authorities have enacted a DISTRACTED DRIVING BY-LAW(was supposed to be an anti-cell phone Use By-law) that was machined to intentionally support POLICING BY TRAFFIC STOP.....since this bastardised BY-Law was introduced there have been MULTIPLE OPEN GUNFIGHTS OR EXECUTIONS INITIATED BY THE POLICE IN AND ON PUBLIC AND RESIDENTIAL STREETS....the first little kid or innocent person killed by a Police bullet is going to unleash a MASSIVE LAWSUIT in my particular city where organised groups now understand how Civic Leaders are colluding with Law Enforcement by creating and enacting Civil By-laws which intentionally and knowingly conflict with Federally assigned Rights and Freedoms...and Civic Authorities intend to keep it this way until someone LITIGATES them into changing things.. they do this to undermine the Publics best interests.

Common sense says get the hell out of the way of the stolen vehicle.....SOP used to follow that mandate.....now Police Officers KNOWINGLY AND INTENTIONALLY PLACE THEMSELVES IN FRONT OF AND AROUND THESE STOLEN VEHICLES because AS SOON AS THE VERBAL COMMAND TO STOP THE CAR IS GIVEN THE EXECUTION CAN BE ACTIONED......if they simply step away then no execution can be legally defended.....what kind of a retarded decision is it to jump in front of a stolen car and yell stop.... they never used to do it because LEGAL EXECUTION HAD NOT YET BEEN SET UP WITHI THE LEGAL SYSTEM TO PROTECT THEM FROM PROSECUTION.

This is the same as People in Custody committing suicide(being murdered by Cop) so FREQUENTLY....or getting murdered with the findings being a drug-overdose or some other BS excuse.....common sense says that once you are in custody the Authorities are 110% responsible for your health and well being....which means if you somehow find unsupervised time and method to commit suicide SOMEONE IS ACCOUNTABLE within that circle of Authority.....which means CIVIL SUITS....possibly criminal negligence charges....but we NEVER SEE THIS HAPPEN..the bodies just keep piling up.

People in my Community FEAR THE POLICE and I live in Canada....we see them on television and online(they don't care about being put online anymore because it never leads to further investigation and they KNOW IT WONT) EXECUTING PEOPLE IN BROAD DAYLIGHT IN RESIDENTIAL NEIGHBORHOODS.....we see them ABUSING AND HURTING YOUNG KIDS on our NEWS.....we watch them break the laws but our Civic Leaders are in bed with the Police …..until our CITY IS HIT IN THE POCKETBOOK this dynamic will not change.....someone has to nail them for 500 million bucks to stop these illegal immorally catalysed By-Laws from being invented and enacted....a LOT OF INNNOCENT PEOPLE ARE ALREADY DEAD AND BURIED DUE TO STATE/CIVIC MANDATED EXECUTIONS.

Yes,once in a while a criminal will have deadly intentions...so why fight it out during Traffic Stops? Why not catch them the correct ways....why draw a line in the sand when they are in a motor vehicle.....why not let them go and nail them later....most people executed by police via SOP are NOT ARMED CRIMINALS LOOKING TO GO OUT IN A BLAZE OF GLORY.....Cops don't worry about that now because they rarely ever attend anyones residence when dangerous criminals might be home….instead they surveil them and try to catch them in transit on the street in public where they can just shoot them dead if they try to run or disobey a verbal command or fumble with their keys trying to shut off their car or accidentl put it in reverse instead of park then receive a bullet to the brain in front of their wife and kids....no its not overly dramatic....and …. that's called execution by Law Officer.

Time for MORE CHANGE.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: rougeskut
One of these Cop Groupie threads again. Real simple, if a cop can't handle the stress of being a cop, then he needs to go to work for Burger King! A persons inability to handle a very stressful job is not an excuse for gunning down citizens! PERIOD! I have always said it takes a special kind of person to choose this way of providing for themselves and their family's living, knowing that the job entails that they must infringe on other peoples human rights for whatever reasons!

...…This all day long.....its time for more change.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
Even if you’re “in the right”, you DO what the ask of you.

The time of arrest IS NOT the time to argue your case. You do that at the station or the courthouse, not with an armed agitated policeman who HAS TO believe that you’re a piece of schit so that he keeps himself safe.

“Put your hands on your head” is NOT an ambiguous request

Pure BS......failure to respond positively to a verbal command in no way authorises a Cop to execute a SUSPECT....remember that word...SUSPECT....they learn what it means in Police Academy.

I was a teenager and was suspected of some mischief...simple mischief....what you call a misdemeanor....2 Cops came to my Parents house....lied their way in...and upon seeing me immediately stopped conversation with my Parents and whipped out their Billy-Clubs then gang-tackled me in the hallway of our home , I DID NOT EVEN SIGNAL RESISTANCE....one crazy SOB actually ripped his Club up under my neck from behind and was using every pound of about 220lbs and ever inch of about 6'2 to snap my neck.....it was insane and out of this world.....the other Cop had to physically intervene to prevent my imminent death....this freak was spraying spittle on me and yelling some crazy bloody fake diatrade following some bastardised SOP....telling e to stop resisting him telling me to obey his commands...AS HE WAS CRUSHING MY TRACHEA.....with a deadly weapon...like a freaking MADMAN...…...when my Family tried to complain they were evicted from the police station with threats of trespassing charges if they did not leave the vicinity of the station.....it turned out the next day....the freak who tried to kill me in front of my Family when I was a TEENAGER who was suspected of MISCHIEF....had that very day ordered a Hitman to MURDER HIS WIFE AND SHE HAD BEEN SHOT......the plick was so stoned on drugs he was out of his mind when he was trying to snap my neck.....that Cop was later convicted of the Attempted Murder of HIS WIFE.....but I received his sick wrath the night she was supposed to die and it nearly cost me my life....traumatising me and my entire Family.

No Cop ever deserves protection from the law....that's just not correct....human beings don't just up and die...these are lives we are talking about....when these people die it is in many cases by ad-hoc execution.It almost happened to me.
edit on 18-6-2019 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   
The answer is multifactorial.

1. Needs to be clear rules of engagement. We have stricter RoE in foreign countries where armed insurgents appear to be ready to fire on soldiers.

2. Needs to be an outside agency reviewing incidents not the department in question. Transportation and Safety board for Airlines is independent, for example.

3. Needs to be a return to policing in pairs. This is cited as necessary because departments are spread thin with regard to manpower. The answer here is to stop searching for ways to arrest people for having substances. Stop pulling over people for fake reasons to search cars, stop enforcing simple use laws. That frees up manpower to enforce and police actual crime, such as robberies and muggings.

Also Policing with a partner removes the 'single option' of executing a suspect when things get out of control. Remove the stigma of 'backing off and coming back later with back up'.

4. Remove the legality of police being able to lie to suspects. This is part of the tipping point for seeing an 'us vs them' situation and then leading to planting evidence and lying about probable cause

5. Have positive incentives from the top down to do proper RoE and proper policing in a professional manner and de-escalating.

6. Remove quotas and the need to 'clear cases' even though it's known the wrong person is being arrested.

These are some of the remedies IMO>

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   
You pick and choose your battles, people.

That time is not when you're being asked/told to comply with their commands. That's a good way to get shot, tazed, or shot and tazed... Seriously, can people not figure that out?

It won't matter in the slightest if you were right, or wrong for that matter, if you're dead. Will it?? Certainly not to you!

Comply and take it through channels. I did, and I won. Took a while, but I got that assholes badge. Had I argued with him at some point during his harassment of me, it's quite likely I'd have gotten hurt, maybe even dead--that's the magnitude of ass hole I was dealing with.

...and the habit some of you, and you know who you are, have of coloring the majority with the actions of the minority do you no credit what so ever. Makes you sound kinda lame, in fact...

Are there issues? Certainly. I'm more aware of that then most of you who've never had an encounter with the cops. Training is, in many cases, inadequate--to put it mildly. There are ways to change that, many municipalities have civilian oversight committees that deal with matters such as these. There are also city councils. State legislatures. But that would involve many of you, and you know who you are, actually working to make the change happen...wouldn't it.

But, hey, easier just to moan and bitch about the bad, bad po-po, or snark (hashtag)the police. Yep, that'll certainly make the change wanted happen, won't it??

Actually, no it won't. But it's easier, isn't it?

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 03:18 PM
link   

2017 is the latest number I found, but there are 670,000 full time law enforcement officers or more working in the US. Multiply that by how many times a year they deal with dangerous people and it's obvious that no, there is not a problem.

Of course in any group of that size some bad apples will have a badge, but I find it heartening that so few bad shooting happen in a year. The hype from law enforcement haters only applies to a handful of shootings in a year.

One of the problems is the illiteracy of thinking that the police write the laws they enforce. People keep them under a microscope mainly because they don't like the laws and the police take the flak for things they don't control. Add to that the fact that criminals lie and lie constantly about their encounters with the police. We've all seen the live cop shows where someone is actually on camera doing something, only to claim innocence and say the cops are wrong and scream police brutality.

55 Police killed in the line of duty so far this year, 163 in 2018 and 174 in 2017. Knowing that makes it easy to understand why on rare occasion and officer makes a mistake. Imagine being an officer that has to go into the killing fields in Chicago. Imagine again having to shoot a gang member only to have the streets fill with protesters who side with the gangs who are killing people by the hundreds in just one city.

On top of that you have the lying media, all too ready to side with the bad guys, against the good guys if it gets them more clicks or viewers. Much of the chaos is generated by a lying press, knowingly parroting lies.

I'd say that law enforcement deserves praise for how few people they are forced to shoot, considering what they are up against.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   
A lot of the time, police shootings are justified. However, in some instances, like one of the above, there is no need for all of that unnecessary dialogue.

In instances where the suspect has been repeatedly warned to "stop" and "get down on the ground" but continues to approach the officer(s) in a threatening manner with a weapon and/or draws a weapon/firearm, then they deserve to be shot. In many instances, the officer(s) does deploy a taser first but if for some reason that fails or something, then an officer draws his firearm if the suspect continues to be threatening/violent/continues to approach...

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   

The outraged is only being fueled more by the same media who painted the target on our law enforcement, when the national news says that police all over the country are posting racist things on social media. Coincidentally they never told us what they consider "racist."

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 06:52 PM
link   
globalnews.ca...

This is a recent example of how and why People get shot or murdered or executed by Police...Police use SOP legally and Union protected methods to intentionally fraudulently and illegally(they know its only legal until challenged--and no one can afford to challenge them ) escalate interactions to enable the Police to get to the deadly force level ASAP... and this behaviour is also collusionally protected by Civic Managers....in this video which is A MINOR EXAMPLE that does not get to the execution level...a Female Cop who knows an illegal assault coming from a Co-worker is imminent and about to be committed ….steps back and away from the Suspect and then intentionally turns her head so legally she will not be lieing if she says she didn't see anything....this is how the thin blue line is struggeling to survive in Edmonton....there are 6-12 really bad hard-core cops in Edmonton holding the thin blue line up....these are some of them..... in Edmonton these vehicle interactions normally result in hails of bullets being sent into the vehicle...as we can see the criminal cop s WORKED TOGETHER and committed criminal acts on video against Citizens from a position of Authority.The Female Cop who walked away and did not explicitly participate in the assault on the innocent SUSPECT was COMPLICITLY participating...she should follow the path of this fine human being...... www.youtube.com... can see she wants no part of committing crimes against unarmed innocent suspects while she is wearing a badge carrying a gun representing justice on behalf of her Community.I have seen this Cop multiple times and even anonymously interacted with her.There is hope.

It is this type of scenario that in almost every case leads to murder by Cop … a Cop catalysed dynamic 100% an orchestrated machined illegal SOP path that is protected by bastardised laws and Prosecutors and Judges who are complicit in holding up the Thin Blue Line....Canada needs to follow Trumps Model....KanadaKenny needs to remove a massive volume of crooked people and start re-booting the Canadian System as the Americans are now doing down south. We wont mention the part where the male Cop pile-drove the mans head into a brick wall using all of his power leverage and strength to smash another humans SKULL and compress their SPINE with deadly level force ...which amounts to ATTEMPTED MURDER.....but ya this is how it happens and it is RAMPANT IN EDMONTON CANADA AND IN MANY OTHER CANADIAN CITIES.

edit on 21-6-2019 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 09:46 PM
link   
More of the same MURDER BY COP style EXECUTIONS...is peacefull little Canada....and in case no one is paying attention its all about the white meat with this Turkey now isn't it...Canadian Cops aren't picky with who they abuse or murder.www.msn.com...[e ditby]edit on 21-6-2019 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 10:11 PM
link   
" I shot the sheriff, but I did not shot no deputy, oh no now."
edit on 21-6-2019 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1   >>

join