It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live Q and A with Jeremy Corbell and Bob Lazar noon PDT

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Did someone post it already?

1.2 mln viewers for 2 days!!!
Something is coming SOON!

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Am I too late?

How do we know that the skinwalker ranch, tictac, nimitz, and go fast incidents aren't social experiments to gauge society's attitude and reaction to e.t. disclosure?

Conditioning?

I am of the opinion that U.S. already definitely knows for certain what these things are.

I also think doctors have come across what can only be hybrids and they are keeping mum about it.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: 2012newstart

Yes one page back

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: 2012newstart

That video serendipitously came up on my YouTube and has been playing when I saw your post.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Just some common sense questions -

What's with this "secret" meeting in the woods with Lazar and Corbell and subsequent raid on his business? Having element 115 in his possession isn't recent knowledge. In his interviews in the 90s, Lazar played this same passive aggressive game then when asked if he had element 115. Instead of genuine fear of being discovered with stolen government/military property and responding "no" when asked if he had it, he would say "no comment". A game of inference of guilt and possession which he knows only helps bolster his story in the eyes of believers. Knowing he can do so without the need of providing a bit of evidence of this wild claim to this group. And guess what? He hasn't and knows he doesn't need to.

With every other claim he has made in the past set aside, this is material that would end all questioning and speculation today. He would no longer need to go public and tell his tale any longer. Current day, this is the most important part of his story because it's not subject to memory or past evidence revealed, yet it's always glossed over and never pressed. Where's a video showing the amazing properties? Chemical analysis by an independent lab? Where has he demonstrated properties to his friends? And the biggest question, for what purpose was it taken? It does make for a good part of his tale for the wide-eyed and diehard believers. That's where it currently stands. But anyone in the scientific community or similar minded, not so much.

Another point- Why hasn't it been discussed how Lazar was able to leave a military facility with 115? Why is gold held to higher security standards than this non-Earth element supposedly sourced through "Reticulan EBEs"? Lazar himself also says there was a security check point at the entrance of S-4. This material would be measured to the gram, accounting for every piece. But we're to believe missing material is only discovered by the government 30 years later through a secret meeting in the woods for a documentary? Sounds more like melodramatic salesmanship than fact. 

His possession of Element 115 needs to be pressed. Not repeating this same tired story that will continue another 30 years if Lazar isn't cornered to answer questions and provide supposed evidence that he has.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: joelr
I watched this show. The only thing he was wrong as far as I see, is on the whole space/time thing.

There is no such thing, space exists as a physical thing, but time is purely a mental construct which we project outward, its the product of a biological species, or of anything that lives withing an overall system, may be a product of survival then anything else, ants have it to, but there understanding and projection of it is based on the ant colony and survival.

When he says the ping pong motion of whatever UFO or whatever you all call it now is a product of bending space time. It is incorrect as the human eye can not and is not capable of seeing time, it only interprets physical matter. There is no time distortion, there may be a light distortion around the craft, but not time, as time is not a tangible thing but a relative thing.

And this gravity engine?

And lets face it, nobody knows what gravity is. They may adapt fancier words to describe concepts or theories, but they do not know. And arguing about gravity being a wave or particle is about as silly as arguing about the oceans being either particle or wave. And, well he did say they had 9 of them UFOs out there poking around at them, and one of them was in the shape of a jello mold.

After all this time, from newton on. Its still, um big things have more gravity then small things, and hence making things up that fit that paradigm. But what if that paradigm is wrong? What then. I suppose we play pretend from then on in till it become a religion.

Kind of like when Lazar and Rogan were talking about Teslas theory on pulling energy out of the ether. Sure it would fry every electronics in a general area, and if we went that route, then computers would not be possible. But they were talking about a general mass output, coming from who knows were as nobody really knows what even Tesla was talking about, likely the earths magnetic field, and even in that you can build receptors or towers which channel that down to usable and manageable systems.

Its like standing in front of a the hoover dam and saying its not possible to harness the power of water, we will all get washed away. Well ya. Dont stand in front of it.

Just because physicists calmer up in a group and claim that there new theory is right based on so and so paper. Well it could be scientific. But it can also be that humans in groups like to think that there group is right, or most likley for funding.

And now you wonder why they have had these things in storage for a while but never get anywhere on back engineering them. A slow trickle here and there.

First the whole process of compartmentalizing that they got going on. Works great at keeping things in the know and for a military operation. But your likely to move much slower on things with that limited group think. Its why the cellphone technology exploded once it hit the general populous, and why now there is an app for everything.

You limit things to a general pool, even if there so called experts. Your going to get a generalization of limited results.

Its not rocket science here people, even if the people involved are rocket scientists.

And I suppose that would make Lazar the hippy or outlaw of said group, they even brought an RV up there to watch a light show in the dark with crappy camera, with soldiers that had night vision all around him. I don't know If I would shoot him and say he slipped on a banana peel during a life experiment, or just keep him around, that's the type of behavior that is either pure stupidity, or balls out distinctiveness that may move the herd in a new direction.

Either way it was an interesting show. Though next time I would prefer of Joe would talk more about chimps with spears. And no I am not joking on that part.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 02:59 AM
link   
So, they don't know how these things work but they are flying at least one e.t. ship, according to Bob Lazar?

They have nine alien objects?

Are they all aerial vehicles or are some of them just artifacts?

I ask because he said one of them was an archaeological find.

Does anyone know where it was dug up?

Was it a regular archaeological dig or was it accidental?

Is it the antikythera?
edit on 22-6-2019 by reject because: Antikythera

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 04:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur

originally posted by: joelr
I just watched Lazar on Rogans podcast.
The 2 big "predictions" are works. First Joe said Lazar predicted element 115 being stable and Lazar actually said - "well 115 was synthesized and it was not stable…but it's possible that an isotope COULD be stable…"????

So we have also created isotopes that are not stable but regardless do you see how this is crazy confirmation bias?
Lazar actually said he was wrong but "still could be right" and they actually counted that as a hit??? Insane?
It always kills me when people say element 115 confirms anything Lazar said. Anybody could look at the periodic table over time and see that elements had been added and they would continue to be added. How is that not obvious?

And yes the 115 that was discovered is nothing like the 115 that Lazar described. At one point Lazar said he had a block of element 115, and researchers have made what, a small number of unstable atoms that probably can't even be seen with the naked eye?

His gravity wave thing is even worse. He did not predict gravity waves. He said gravity was "not a particle but a wave".
When he mentioned that, Rogan looked up gravity waves in Wikipedia and started reading, and when he got to the part where it said gravity waves were a prediction of general relativity, you would think it's obvious that they confirm Einstein's predictions from 1915 which predated Lazar, but it didn't seem to click or Rogan just gave Lazar the benefit of the doubt.

Lazar directly claimed on the podcast to be a physicist. He is not a physicist.

He also suspiciously dropped all the technical physics talk he used to give in the 80's interviews about gravity A and gravity B:
Rogan doesn't seem to know enough physics to realize that Bob is not a physicist, and apparently many non-physicists have the same issue. But for a physicist like Stan Friedman it was pretty easy to tell Bob wasn't a physicist.

He's also dropped the claim of seeing an alien, and now downplays it with something like maybe it could have been a doll.

Bob said physicists weren't paid very well. Rogan asked him how long he worked at S-4 and Bob answered about 6 months. Bob's pay was a around $1000, so if that was the going rate for what a physicist was paid back then for 6 months I'd have to agree their pay was even lower than I thought. Like probably lower than the janitor who swept the floors.

How and when this got shifted to matching up with a white tic-tac I have no idea. But it doesn't surprise me that that fact got all bent up and reverse engineered into Lazar actually predicted the tic-tac?

He described the ufo many times in the 80's, it was never like that tictac. Never.
What Bob was apparently saying in the Rogan podcast is he talked with David Fravor who described the jerky motions of the UFO in the Nimitz encounter, and Bob said that flight characteristic of jerky motions was also what Lazar and friends saw when they went out UFO observing. I am not sure about any predictions in that regard, but this is the video of the UFO Lazar and friends saw, but the video doesn't show any such jerky motion that I can see and George Knapp who comments on the video even admits the video doesn't show much of anything, except that somehow it's a piece of the puzzle confirming Bob's story that he knew when they could see a UFO.

Also the "island of stability" think had already been predicted so Lazar was just using that. I couldn't believe Joe said "so your predictions about 115 came true" then Lazar actually said it didn't but it COULD STILL be true eventually??

I can't believe he actually once said he had a piece of 115 and now he's ignoring that. Same with the gravity A and B stuff, suddenly that's not being discussed. There is a video of Lazar in the 80's very confidently explaining all this stuff. He even used the phrase "how a gravity field effects space-time" WTF?

This is the video of him explaining his alien physics. Gravity B is the strong force and in element 115 it extends way beyond the atoms and distorts space-time. He calls gravity a wave over and over and is clearly not talking about gravity waves from GR.
This is a literal lecture on alien gravity complete with a chalkboard. Yet now he's not mentioning any of this???

God I wish Rogan would have just asked him about this?

www.youtube.com...

If you watch this you will freak out. It's incredibly bad.
This video also has a detailed description of the ufo craft with drawings.

I just caught a few seconds of it, it's hilarious - he's saying that in the ufo power source it's a particle accelerator where you bombard 115 with a proton and it becomes 116 which decays into antimatter.

That video stuff from area 51 and the supposed filming of the ufo and knowing about when the ufo would be tested involved John Lear who was an even bigger liar than Lazar.

I've heard that Lazar "doesn't want publicity" and things along those lines as evidence that he's telling the truth and now he has a NETFLIX SPECIAL?!?

Joe Rogan was trying to be nice, he doesn't try to catch liars, he let Tom Delonge and Steven Greer talk nonsense and was clearly skeptical but didn't try to debunk them openly. I was bummed out to see Lazar was a guest. Joe also took it easy on him because he was acting weird and kept pausing saying he had a migraine. Besides his terrible physics and elements of the story he has now dropped even the basic details he had trouble with.
I'm pretty sure some type of agreement was reached before hand that Joe would not come at Lazar with a physicist in the room or stuff like that. Rogan doesn't follow ufo stuff and isn't into physics so he doesn't know Lazar is a work. He tries to have on open mind which is good.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 05:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: galadofwarthethird
I watched this show. The only thing he was wrong as far as I see, is on the whole space/time thing.

There is no such thing, space exists as a physical thing, but time is purely a mental construct which we project outward, its the product of a biological species, or of anything that lives withing an overall system, may be a product of survival then anything else, ants have it to, but there understanding and projection of it is based on the ant colony and survival.

And I suppose that would make Lazar the hippy or outlaw of said group, they even brought an RV up there to watch a light show in the dark with crappy camera, with soldiers that had night vision all around him. I don't know If I would shoot him and say he slipped on a banana peel during a life experiment, or just keep him around, that's the type of behavior that is either pure stupidity, or balls out distinctiveness that may move the herd in a new direction.

Either way it was an interesting show. Though next time I would prefer of Joe would talk more about chimps with spears. And no I am not joking on that part.

Oh he got many things wrong, this video is complete erroneous made-up sub-layman talk for starters:
www.youtube.com...

What you are saying about space-time does not make sense. In physics space and time are connected and neither is more or less real than the other. Both experience dilation from velocity or gravitation. You move through both at a constant speed which could be thought of as light speed and sometimes called four velocity. When your velocity through space increases your time slows. At light speed velocity through the time dimension stops completely.

Or since space is 3D the sum of our 3 space vectors and 1 time always equal light speed. This is not new and from Minowski in the early 1900's.
So if you think about that it demonstrates that time is 1 dimension in a 4D space-time and shows that the idea of time as a mental construct is fiction.

It's actually just a common mis-translation of what Einstein said about time being an illusion. He said the passage of time is an illusion, not time itself. The new age and metaphysics community spread that one around like a Bob Lazar fairy tale.

Lazar is not a hippy of a group of scientists, he is not even close to being a scientist. The video I linked to is a lecture by Lazar and if he is trying to pass himself off as a scientist it's the biggest fail I've ever seen. I wish people could understand how bad this is.

But now he's leaving all that stuff out for some reason (gee wonder why), doesn't it seem weird to people he was giving literal blackboard lectures on alien physics and now he's just saying "we don't understand the alien device at all"???

He literally just went on Rogan and said several times that we don't understand the propulsion at all? What the hell happened to his lecture?????

edit on 22-6-2019 by joelr because: is

edit on 22-6-2019 by joelr because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-6-2019 by joelr because: more stuff

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: JeremyCorbell

Dear Jeremy,

Thank you for everything you've done so far....

Very simply, is it at all possible that you get Bob's take on this?

I know its a long shot, but it would blow us all away if Bob could tell us what he thinks about that.

Thank you

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: 2012newstart
Did someone post it already?

1.2 mln viewers for 2 days!!!
Something is coming SOON!

Published on Jun 20, 2019

I follow such videos for years. I haven't seen such thing yet.
Frankly, he doesn't say more than in his first videos.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Just in case anyone has missed it, Bob Lazar and Jeremy Corbell's Documentary has now been added to Netflix.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: JeremyCorbell

Watching your movie right now sir... one thing puzzles me though.

If we assume that Bob is telling the truth, that would mean the governement in some way must know about the projects, no?
So why the media overplaying the recent briefing?

From the other point of view... A51 and S4 are facts. So... if there is any kind of ufo tech here and sightings are made, that would make it most likely that A51 was the source... so why a briefing at all?

If the case is that there are aliens here... and we also have craft, why arent they taking it back instead of leaving it in irresponsible hands....?

If anything... bob being right, confuses a lot more than disclosing anything. It tells of a deeply segmented government

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I kind of get the sense of a net; a bait even.

Do they suspect an unfortunate straggler like the character "E.T.?"

Good luck with that.

To e.t., it's a trap!

Lol

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 11:38 PM
link   

An interesting theory brah.

And holly # dude. That video is 39 minute long. In this universe time and space being the same things I do not have the space to watch that whole thing today. Or for months or years to come.

Sub layman eh.

What you are saying about space-time does not make sense. In physics space and time are connected and neither is more or less real than the other. Both experience dilation from velocity or gravitation.

If a tree falls in the beta reticuli system on the second planet for the second son there, and there is no Human around to look at his watch. Does it make a sound?

You move through both at a constant speed which could be thought of as light speed and sometimes called four velocity. When your velocity through space increases your time slows. At light speed velocity through the time dimension stops completely.

So Lazar with his anti gravity engine. And you with your light speed engine eh? Care to explain or try to explain how the light engine speed works. Lazar at the least gave some inkling of his anti gravity engine that is fulled by heavier elements and is a load baring on and off system?

The truth is you move at walking speed, unless your in your car then you likley going anywere from 20mph to 70mph. And a chimp moves at about walking speed at any given day. So whos speed is right? And at which time will they arive at the train station?

Or since space is 3D the sum of our 3 space vectors and 1 time always equal light speed. This is not new and from Minowski in the early 1900's. So if you think about that it demonstrates that time is 1 dimension in a 4D space-time and shows that the idea of time as a mental construct is fiction.

Space is not 3D, the human mind just can interpret things in 3D only, if even that. And time is something that just makes sure everybody wakes up to there job on time. Unless off course you live somewhere like here, on this island in Sweden were the sun does not set for 69 days, there thinking of banning time there and all the regular rules, because it interferes with there nap time.
Nowegian Island banning time

But hey I am quite sure they can not speak for a billion miles away on another start system, in space time. Its why we have you people, because you can speak for the whole of the known universe and beyond.

It's actually just a common mis-translation of what Einstein said about time being an illusion. He said the passage of time is an illusion, not time itself.

So you saying that this video got it wrong on what Einstien said?

But he also said time is relative. Let me ask you something. Have you ever heard that quote and thought to yourself. Relative to what? For instance what if tomorrow all humans go extinct, oh lets say aliens or an meteor hit and glass this planet. Would time exist? Sure it would. But not for them, not anymore. Because it relative to a something or somebody measuring it or observing it. And well like other parts of this globe have a bit different time they go by.

Does it not occur to you that so does other parts of the universe. Or that, maybe thats all it is. An observation by whatever happens to observe or measure it for there particular purposes. Or is it that you just like the word Space time?

I admit saying space time, is kind of cool. But the first thing that comes to mind when somebody starts to say or explain space time. Is star trek episodes and what episode he or she is talking about.

Lazar is not a hippy of a group of scientists, he is not even close to being a scientist. The video I linked to is a lecture by Lazar and if he is trying to pass himself off as a scientist it's the biggest fail I've ever seen. I wish people could understand how bad this is.

To tell the truth? I have been on this site for years and years, and all that time I have ran into countless threads or people talking about his or his story. But only really in the past few months have I bothered with Bob Lazar or his story. And I find his story at the least more interesting then yours.

But you both have something in common. You both believe in the space time continuum. So really, what are you arguing about?

Even in that Joe Rogan podcast he said he believes the anti gravity engines somehow effect space time.

He literally just went on Rogan and said several times that we don't understand the propulsion at all? What the hell happened to his lecture?????

The hell you asking me. He said on the show he was there for part of the late 80s, then got booted in the early 90s for his shenanigans and issues with his wife or what not. And if that is true and they have had the in storage for the better part of 30 something odd years or going way longer before that, hell the excavation site could have just been the Nazis they did like to dig around, and were of a fancy with the whole of older tales, vimanas and all. And also? Were not shy of keeping there secrets by burring them, I mean literally, gunned down all those nerds digging, and buried them.

Well if they spent all this time trying to figure things out and have not by now up there at whatever and whatnot.

Then obviously there approach is wrong. Maybe they should ask you. Then you can explain to them about the space time thingy. Maybe thats the missing link. Though I think we should wait some few hundred years till we have a concrete theory on what gravity really is before we go trying to make anti gravity engines. And after we do that, we should wait a few thousand years before we try our hand at faster then light travel.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 02:34 AM
link   

An interesting theory brah.

And holly # dude. That video is 39 minute long.

It's not worth watching I'm just saying this is the video where he gives a really bad physics lecture. This is my source.

a reply to: joelrIf a tree falls in the beta reticuli system on the second planet for the second son there, and there is no Human around to look at his watch. Does it make a sound?

Metaphysics. Spacetime is physics.

a reply to: joelrSo Lazar with his anti gravity engine. And you with your light speed engine eh? Care to explain or try to explain how the light engine speed works. Lazar at the least gave some inkling of his anti gravity engine that is fulled by heavier elements and is a load baring on and off system?

Me with my…? It's Minkowski space-time?

en.wikipedia.org...

From physics.stackechange.com "c" is light speed.

"Yes, the time-like component of the four-velocity of a stationary object is 𝑐. It's also correct that "everything moves at the speed of light through spacetime" -- this just means the magnitude of the four-velocity is 𝑐 (or rather, 1), and its direction keeps changing (note that the transformation here isn't really a rotation, it's a skew/boost, because of how the Minkowski dot product is calculated) as the vector slides on an invariant hyperbola (much like rotations slide on an invariant circle). This is not a matter of convention -- yes, you can choose other parameterisations for the worldline, but they don't satisfy the nice property of becoming equal to co-ordinate time when 𝑣=0."

a reply to: joelrThe truth is you move at walking speed, unless your in your car then you likley going anywere from 20mph to 70mph. And a chimp moves at about walking speed at any given day. So whos speed is right? And at which time will they arive at the train station?

Right and as your velocity through space increases your time velocity decreases slightly. At that speed it's trillionths of a second less in time but near light speed your time is almost completely zero. Photons and other massless particles move at full light speed and experience zero time.

Space is not 3D, the human mind just can interpret things in 3D only, if even that. And time is something that just makes sure everybody wakes up to there job on time. Unless off course you live somewhere like here, on this island in Sweden were the sun does not set for 69 days, there thinking of banning time there and all the regular rules, because it interferes with there nap time.
Nowegian Island banning time

But hey I am quite sure they can not speak for a billion miles away on another start system, in space time. Its why we have you people, because you can speak for the whole of the known universe and beyond.

Huh. No one in science thinks they speak for the whole known universe? Our current science is our best guess at interpreting what our reality is. I'm not sure why you would want to disregard that in favor of what "seems right" to you?
But science is pretty sure that the laws of physics are universal, space-time probably works the same throughout the entire universe.

Our minds work in 3D BECAUSE we live in 3D space-time. You have it backwards.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 03:10 AM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

So you saying that this video got it wrong on what Einstien said?

No, in the video he says the passage of time is an illusion but time is not an illusion? His quote is the "past present and future are persistent illusions" and like I said that gets misread as time is an illusion.
If you go on to study special relativity you see that space and time are equally as real as each other.

But he also said time is relative. Let me ask you something. Have you ever heard that quote and thought to yourself. Relative to what? For instance what if tomorrow all humans go extinct, oh lets say aliens or an meteor hit and glass this planet. Would time exist? Sure it would. But not for them, not anymore. Because it relative to a something or somebody measuring it or observing it. And well like other parts of this globe have a bit different time they go by.

Space is also relative. When someone doesn't exist anymore space no longer exists either, this is more a metaphysical concept.
The atoms that made up the person still exist in space-time just fine.

"The relativity of space and time. ... In particular, statements about space and time, distances and duration turn out to be relative. For example, in Einstein's theory, simultaneity is a relative concept."

a reply to: joelrDoes it not occur to you that so does other parts of the universe. Or that, maybe thats all it is. An observation by whatever happens to observe or measure it for there particular purposes. Or is it that you just like the word Space time?

I don't know did it ever occur to you that even though we don't know everything we have a best guess which is far far better than speculation? So one might want to look to that for our best answers?

Did you just basically call "spcetime" a "city-slicker word"?? Dude, knowledge is free, it's not an exclusive club:

physics.stackexchange.com...

a reply to: joelrI admit saying space time, is kind of cool. But the first thing that comes to mind when somebody starts to say or explain space time. Is star trek episodes and what episode he or she is talking about.

Good for you. However there is a world outside of your thoughts that includes rigorous theories produced by centuries of the greatest geniuses which make predictions which are tested again and again and give us knowledge about the universe. So there is that. Or you could just watch Star Trek.

To tell the truth? I have been on this site for years and years, and all that time I have ran into countless threads or people talking about his or his story. But only really in the past few months have I bothered with Bob Lazar or his story. And I find his story at the least more interesting then yours.

Ok.

I'll just re-link that physics page so you have the option to get wind of the fact that this is not "my" theory?

physics.stackexchange.com...

a reply to: joelrBut you both have something in common. You both believe in the space time continuum. So really, what are you arguing about?

Even in that Joe Rogan podcast he said he believes the anti gravity engines somehow effect space time.

Spacetime isn't a religion. It's not a belief system. It's a model that currently is our best version of what space and time are. Some of it will change. Some people will learn about it some don't care at all.

The hell you asking me. He said on the show he was there for part of the late 80s, then got booted in the early 90s for his shenanigans and issues with his wife or what not. And if that is true and they have had the in storage for the better part of 30 something odd years or going way longer before that, hell the excavation site could have just been the Nazis they did like to dig around, and were of a fancy with the whole of older tales, vimanas and all. And also? Were not shy of keeping there secrets by burring them, I mean literally, gunned down all those nerds digging, and buried them.

Well if they spent all this time trying to figure things out and have not by now up there at whatever and whatnot.

I don't know how that related to his physics lecture which he is now completely disregarding and saying "we don't understand the physics"?

a reply to: joelrThen obviously there approach is wrong. Maybe they should ask you. Then you can explain to them about the space time thingy. Maybe thats the missing link.

His approach isn't wrong, he has a Netflix special. He's fooled enough people to make a living. The goal with a hoax of that scale is to cash in, same with people who wrote Roswell books in the 80's. It worked. Had more people been more science literate it might have failed. But people can be resistant to that…..

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 09:48 PM
link   

I watched a bit of that vid with Lazar. He was not saying anything different then what you are. Looked up minkowski space time. You all are giving way to much credence on mathematical formulas. And also your taking what Einstien said about light particles a bit to at its word. Its just something he used to explain to people about how time works, unless off course you think your going to magically shrink down and become light, your not going to go the speed of light.

Its more a parable then anything else.

No, in the video he says the passage of time is an illusion but time is not an illusion? His quote is the "past present and future are persistent illusions" and like I said that gets misread as time is an illusion. If you go on to study special relativity you see that space and time are equally as real as each other.

Sure there real to each other. Because you observe them to be real to eachother. Thats all. But its not like you have a choice now do you?

Space is also relative. When someone doesn't exist anymore space no longer exists either, this is more a metaphysical concept. The atoms that made up the person still exist in space-time just fine.

When somebody dies or even if this planet is long gone and dust. Space will exist, the atoms and everything it was made of will coagulate in new forms and energies. Time however, is only relevant to those who measure time. Saying something exists in space time is almost like saying there is a time particle out there we just have not found yet.

So if there was a time particle, how many time particles would make up one second? Like Einstein said, time is an illusion, its just part of the software, which is only possible because of the hardware. So ya, they are linked, but they are not the same thing.

Did you just basically call "spacetime" a "city-slicker word"?? Dude, knowledge is free, it's not an exclusive club:

Yes. Its a hipster word, people seem to say it because they think it means anything or its cool. Nothing more. The only thing space time means is how long would it take something to get from point A to point B. Which again is just an observable measurement or calculation.

For instance a duck can get to point A to point B, in so and so amount of time if its walking there, if its flying that time changes. A human can get to point A to point B dependence on a few different methods they use. We can go as fast as a duck, and in cars we can even go as fast as cheetahs, in a supersonic plane we can even go as fast as sound. Simply because observation and calculation and having done it over and over again that we get a medium of average times.

Lets just say we can safely say that we have mastered going the speed of a duck in flight no problem. Even the speed of sound, but you are stretching there about this whole speed of light and the spacetime continuum.

You can know how fast light travels to a degree, based on observable experiments. But if you think mass is what will stop you from flying at the speed of light to the next galaxy. Well chances are you would hit a pebble just a floating on by going at a fraction of that and, its curtains for you. Long after you hit light speed and run into that brick wall.

Like I said what Einstein said was a thought experiment. To get across a point. That point being that the spacetime continuum is not what people think, nor is there watch telling them to get there asses to work.

Good for you. However there is a world outside of your thoughts that includes rigorous theories produced by centuries of the greatest geniuses which make predictions which are tested again and again and give us knowledge about the universe. So there is that. Or you could just watch Star Trek.

So you say. People believe a lot of things I suppose. Though the majority do seem to believe in star trek.

Spacetime isn't a religion. It's not a belief system. It's a model that currently is our best version of what space and time are. Some of it will change. Some people will learn about it some don't care at all.

Excellent. They should change or update that part. It is annoying to hear about it. Do you know how often I have heard somebody go on about it like its the gospel of peter brought to you by paul. I would say at least 10 times in the past 11 years. That's a bit to much. They need to update it already.

His approach isn't wrong, he has a Netflix special. He's fooled enough people to make a living. The goal with a hoax of that scale is to cash in, same with people who wrote Roswell books in the 80's. It worked. Had more people been more science literate it might have failed. But people can be resistant to that…..

Make a living out of what?

Who knows what his job is now, since he got kicked out of his job in the 90s. You know supposedly working on the reverse engineering of the anti gravity engine. But I am pretty sure he has some average ordinary job.

And I am also pretty sure that more people have heard of honny boo boo then they have heard or watched anything of Bob Lazar. I think this today is the height of his popularity and more people have heard of him then ever before.

Google says that honey boo has a net worth of $800,000. Now how much do you think Lazar made from scamming all those innocent people with his story? Does it add up to 800K? And you best believe it that when hoony bobo gets her own netflix special. Which apparently anybody can get as long as your semi entertaining. That she will be raking in more dough then likely the whole UFO best seller phenomenon.

#, I think Kim Kardashiam and co made more then that in a few days selling emojis years ago.

So ya bro. I am so totally worried about all these UFO people scamming people with there stories and book deals. I looked on amazon at there top selling UFO books, dont think anything on Lazar and his story is even in the top 100 or if it ever was. Though a book called living with Bigfoot, is number 36 of there top sellers. How did that get there? Bigfoot must be a UFO I guess, or at least amazon classified it in the same category.

Still I am not sure if Honey boo boo is capable of writing or spelling, but if she put a book out. What are the chances that it would outsell all those top sellers?

Our minds work in 3D BECAUSE we live in 3D space-time. You have it backwards.

The more I look around here on this thing called life, the more I am not so sure about that. In fact not to sure of the majority of people are not living and operating in 2D and just assume that they are 3D. And like I said, the universe is 3D, because that's all you can observe or understand of it. If you could grasp and physically live in 12D. Then that's what it would be.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 02:36 AM
link   

I watched a bit of that vid with Lazar. He was not saying anything different then what you are.
Lazar's ideas are vastly different than mainstream science and Joel is talking mainstream science, so it is a lot different. Gravity B Lazar says, is like gravity, and "Gravity A" is the strong nuclear force. Gravity and the strong nuclear force are completely different, see below for more on this. For example, gravity follows the inverse square law, the strong nuclear force does not, which is just one of the things that makes it so unlike gravity; it's ridiculous to call it gravity. There are also problems with Bob saying his other type of gravity is like gravity since it's not, as discussed by a physicist below.

Excellent. They should change or update that part. It is annoying to hear about it. Do you know how often I have heard somebody go on about it like its the gospel of peter brought to you by paul.
Only those ignorant of science don't realize that's understood in all communications about science. It would take far too long to communicate science if every single statement had to be prefaced with "this is our best model so far...etc". On the other hand, general relativity has been consistent with every experiment thrown at it to test it, so don't underestimate how much observational evidence supports the model. And in contrast Bob provides no evidence for his non-mainstram model.

Here are some observations from some other physicists besides joel on Bob Lazar's wacky and demonstrably wrong ideas:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm a physicist and I think he was spinning BS. He's a little bit better than your scientifically illiterate hoaxer, but clearly he's no serious physicist. It's just a good sci-fi story that a moderately educated technical undergraduate could create.

The notion that Edward Teller (who was unquestionably an extraordinary physicist) would choose him to be involved with such a critical project is rather preposterous.

Put simply, his story showed remarkable unawareness of the immense physical implications and difficulties of how actual physical gravitational engineering might work. Any real physicist would quickly home in on the central areas and be curious about some truly key questions---and successful answers would only come from the sustained effort of exceptionally knowlegable and dedicated experimentalists and theorists.

If he were a substantial scientist and decided to "spill it out" he could have given a far more detailed and sophisticated explanation of the principles that others who had some notion about the subject might consider plausible.

Here is a more detailed critique, which I won't post in its entirety, only excerpts, but you might want to read the whole article.
A Physicist’s Critique - Lazar Critique - by Dr. David L. Morgan

After reading an account by Bob Lazar of the “physics” of his Area 51 UFO propulsion system, my conclusion is this: Mr. Lazar presents a scenario which, if it is correct, violates a whole handful of currently accepted physical theories. That in and of itself does not necessarily mean that his scenario is impossible. But the presentation of the scenario by Lazar is troubling from a scientific standpoint. Mr. Lazar on many occasions demonstrates an obvious lack of understanding of current physical theories. On no occasion does he acknowledge that his scenario violates physical laws as we understand them, and on no occasion does he offer up any hints of new theories which would make his mechanism possible. Mr. Lazar has a propensity for re-defining scientific terms, and using scientific language in a confusing and careless way. For these reasons, I don’t feel that Lazar’s pseudo-scientific ramblings are really worthy of any kind of serious consideration.

I will focus on the parts of Lazar’s text which I took the most exception with...

Lazar: There are currently two main theories about gravity. The “wave” theory which states that gravity is a wave, and the other is a theory which includes “gravitons”, which are alleged sub-atomic particles which perform as gravity, which by the way, is total nonsense.

These statements by Lazar are “total nonsense”. There is only ONE currently accepted theory of gravity: General Relativity. In GR, gravity is described as a distortion of spacetime, not as a particle or a wave. There are phenomena known as “gravitational waves” which exist in GR, but this does not seem to be what Lazar is talking about. Lazar says that gravity IS a wave. It isn’t a wave.
He then goes into a lot more detail and it is as obvious that this physicist knows physics, as it is that Lazar does not.

Lazar: The fact that gravity is a wave has caused mainstream scientists to surmise numerous sub-atomic particles which don’t actually exist and this has caused great complexity and confusion in the study of particle physics.

As a particle physicist, I must say that I have NO IDEA what he is talking about here. Surmising particles that don’t exist? I can’t think of a single particle whose existence has been postulated as a result of gravitational theories. Perhaps the graviton is one, but that’s about it.

Lazar: Gravity A is what is currently being labeled as the “strong nuclear force” in mainstream physics …

This is the place where Lazar begins to get him self in real trouble. As it is understood now, the strong nuclear force has NOTHING TO DO WITH GRAVITY. Such a statement shows either a complete lack of understanding of the physics of the Standard Model of particle interactions, or a BLATANT attempt at deception.

Lazar: The most important attribute of these heavier, stable elements is that the gravity A wave is so abundant that it actually extends past the perimeter of the atom. These heavier, stable elements literally have their own gravity A field around them…

This is simply not possible, given the known properties of the nuclear force. The past 50 years of probing the nucleus have taught us that the range of the nuclear force is VERY short, and protons and neutrons only feel the pull of their nearest neighbors in a nucleus. Because of this fact, the nuclear force extends out to about the same distance away from a nucleus NO MATTER HOW MASSIVE THE NUCLEUS IS. This fact is fundamental to the science of nuclear physics...
Then he makes a general comment which applies to anybody who thinks the mainstream models are wrong:

So it is not enough to SAY that modern science is wrong. You have to demonstrate that you have something that is better. And that “better” theory needs to do everything that the old theory does, and then do more. And chances are that it won’t completely turn the old theory on it’s head – because we already know that the old theories work too well.

An example of his last point is that general relativity didn't turn Newtonian mechanics on its head, in fact more people still use Newtonian physics than they do general relativity because it's simpler and still gives the right answers in most non-relativistic situations.

edit on 2019624 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: zatara

originally posted by: InspectaBecky
a reply to: zatara

It’s also incredibly odd that throughout Lazar’s expose, and many years after (to present?) Lazar held contracts to service geiger counters to Los Alamos/Sandia Labs. He’s running from bullets and fear of death, but is continuously awarded these govt contracts? So far, the only explanation given is from Corbell, is this is a result of compartmentalization, one hand of the govt not knowing what the other is doing. I’d argue that this is the exact same hand, and it’s sprinkling chaos and laughing at us.

There is that... And what a perfect disinfo agent can you have if this "agent" is not aware that he is an agent? Lazar has nothing to hide..pass lie detector tests because he is convinced that he has always been telling the truth...and he still is. Maybe I am watching too many spy movies but weren't there scientist, astronauts, politicians killed because they were about to spill the beans about something really secretive and sensitive government information? I do not doubt that Lazar has experienced how it must feel like "they" are watching you and to be murdered at any moment when the lights go out. That scare is confirming he is telling the truth and not been hired as a dis-info agent, The fact that he has been treated well by the government is probably because he earned his money. Everything panned out the way the government had hoped it would be with Lazars help.. and they are laughing how they managed to steer an entire nation in just the right direction with this guy.

PS.. would be nice if Lazar is reading this reply and thinking by himself...Humm..yes, that went too easy and too many coincedences.. Jeeeszzz,...this zatara guy is right, I have been manipulated and used as a dis-info agent from the moment I stepped in Tellers office.

Well, he didn’t pass all of his polygraphs, but we never hear about that these days. It’s interesting, whenever Knapp interviews him he always brings up the theory that he is an unknowing disinfo agent.. this seems to trigger Bob more than anything. He gets super defensive that he may have been presented “staging”. My guess is that it’s an insult to his intelligence? No one tricks Bob, only Bob tricks! (Unintentional pimp pun for the win lol)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join