It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peoples of Hong Kong

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: CthruU
I feel the Hong Kongese should certainly have their autonomy respected, and true real independence like Rome or I think Monaco is like that too? Is Rome really the only true independent city state?? I feel like D.C. is as well .

We got it pretty good here in the states if you ask me, other than continuing of the purge of the traitors of America, life's not bad.

There is just too much to do around here, I can't even be bored if I wanted to be!

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Last time I was there, a few years ago, they were still selling them on the street markets for dinner. It's awful.

Vegetarianism has grown. We are evolving-some slower than others.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justso

Last time I was there, a few years ago, they were still selling them on the street markets for dinner. It's awful.

Vegetarianism has grown. We are evolving-some slower than others.

Fair enough to a degree.

Your clearly a passionate animal activist but i guess their not long out of being a third world nation and desperate times create desperate measures that often need a generation or two to extinguish.

"Think about them" a little more light heartedly ,they've come along way over there in Hong Kong- far enough at least to oppose communism and embrace democracy to an extent the likes of which I'm referring to in my OP.

Q : Were the street vendors you saw doing this older generations or the youth of today ?

Either way they sure showed or rather reminded the world of the power of unity. Honorable indeed.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 04:36 AM
link   
A couple of things -

The Chinese culture does not allow for losing, EVER. The Communist Party will only back off temporarily because they fear 2 things out of the HK protests - that they will spill over into Shenzhen and southern China and that Taiwan will step up independence efforts. The latter is tacitly happening. Nothing has spilled over the border yet. They have stepped up security majorly in Shenzhen and Guangzhou, traveling by subway is taking longer due to security checks. They will get the extradition into place sooner or later. They don't care about HK's special status as a financial capital of Asia and other various special political statuses bestowed on HK.

2 million people is 25% of the population of HK. That is gigantic and much more impactful than the ill-fated Umbrella Movement. The CCP do not want a repeat of Tiananmen and not only that they have no tanks in HK, only troops strategically placed near the capital building. In my expert calculation having lived here in China for 12 years, troops on the streets in HK is a big no-no, absolute last resort. XI won't risk the world turning against him or the regime.

Trump has Xi twisted into knots in a situation where he must chose 1 or 2 of a number of losing options regarding the trade war. Trump will leverage HK into this calculation and may also refer to Taiwan.

Xi will lose something or he'll twist it into him "winning" internally in China and try to blunt internal Communist Party efforts to remove him. He already has serious fractionally infighting because the Xi faction wrecked the trade faction. The Jiang Faction was running the negotiations from the start until the backtracking started by Xi's guys.

I will try to add more later as I'm at work right now. If anyone has any questions post them and I can answer, explain or expand on what I've added. There are many layers to the situation and it's quite complex. Also China has been harvesting organs since the 90s that we know about. Jiang Zi Min took down Falun Gong in the 90s and since then they have harvested organs of living dissidents and political prisoners (and continue to do so). They even arrested one of their own to keep the secret hidden.

posted on Jul, 2 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   
The EU-UK-NATO is delusional that it can overthrow the Hong Kong govt. .... just as they are delusional about Venezuela.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join