It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CoWorkers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I would appreciate some advice!

I’m not new to the workforce: but have noticed in the last 6 years cattiness I have never had to deal with in the past.

So, here goes my dilemma:

I work with (for the most part 4-5 other women), but different shifts.

They are as follows: Nickname Schultz (moves like a sloth, insults others, picks on some to the point of one woman asking if she can work with me.

Uncle Fester, can’t stand up straight, move quickly, recently retired, grouchy, when tired snaps at people, complains about s/v
doing nothing all day but chatting with her friends, going out for cigarettes, claims she’s telling boss, but acts like her friend.

S/V I have no problem with. She’s quick, smart and polite.

Newest girl, awesome, great worker, personable. The youngest one as well.

Ok, so I have tried to defend s/v to retiree who complains about her. I took Schultzs’ yelling and rude comments for so long, then I told her she was being rude. She has improved since, found new victims.

Yesterday, Uncle Fester, gets upset because s/v (according to UF hasn’t done # all day, and is upset she hasn’t had to do any passports. So she decides she is going to train me right in the middle of a rush, which is a no-no. One customer literally stood there telling her Karma was going to get her, it was very uncomfortable, and she did not act appropriately.

Then after all this resentment and stupidity they ask if I stay even later. Yeah, Hell to the NO.

So this morning. I see s/v comments on Facebook she didn’t know who pissed her off more; and Schultz chimed in asking who? to which she replied customers. WTF!

What is the best way to deal with the infighting? I’ve ignored it so far and kept busy, but now, Uncle Fester, is trying to use me to send a message to s/v.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: KTemplar

Ha..
You work with women...

Good luck.

Al Bundy said it best when talking to his son bud.

Bud, dont try to understand women.
Women understand women and they hate each other...

Ps..
Is this a post office or drug store?

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Drug store lol 😂

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Drug store lol 😂

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Ha..
You work with women...

Good luck.

Al Bundy said it best when talking to his son bud.

Bud, dont try to understand women.
Women understand women and they hate each other...

Quoted for Truth.

I've tried very hard over the years to work in an environment that didn't have a lot of women around.

Simply because of that... I understand them.

So most of them are pretty easy to hate...

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 08:06 AM
link   

My ex-girlfriend told me she hated working with female colleagues because they are all so bitchy on the work-floor, something the men were not inclined to do. Men may point and laugh at each other when someone makes a mistake but we don't tend to make it personal. It's just work and will still be there tomorrow.

I have no advice. Perhaps some product you stock will stimulate thicker skin growth..?

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

I have pretty thick skin, I use to work for the phone Co in residential landline customer service.

I above all try to be respectful and polite no matter what.

No product can help this.

I have also noticed a trend with retired women being the worse.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Unfortunately when it comes to this topic, I don't believe there truly is a solution. My wife has dealt with stuff like this at every job she's been at, women just treat her like # and actually go out of their way to sabotage her work. She's done everything she could; talk to them, keep records and report them, go to HR, etc......nothing works. More often than not the bosses just don't care and usually tend to remove the one being attacked rather than the attackers. This will always happen in places with a lot of women.

I was at a training session at the last bank I worked for and one of the managers in training there was telling me about his previous branch. It was run by all guys(not intentional), everything was smooth, nobody complained, everyone took their lunches when they could and talked to each other about it so things could be run efficiently. Next person they hired was a woman and he said within 2 days the drama began. It started with her complaining about the lunch situation and just got worse from there.

Funny part is everyone else in the training session besides us was female and they all started agreeing and sharing their experiences. My boss at that time also told me that she didn't like hiring women and that she wished more guys would apply, mostly because she was sick of the drama that comes from too much estrogen in the air.

I have nothing against women, but I was raised by nothing but crazy women and have dealt with many more in the long run. It makes me wonder if any of those people who claim the world would be a better place if it was run by all women ever worked in a place that was run by nothing but women. How could all of that drama and backstabbing ever make the world a better place??

I'm blessed that my wife shares the same viewpoints thanks to her crazy family. XD

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Necrobile

Thank you for sharing that! I totally agree, and glad you and your wife have each other!

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Only thing that works is to take some Extra-Strength Damitol before work.

Last job I had with co-workers I was more or less getting harassed/bullied daily by one guy. I finally had enough of management not doing anything and walked out 2 hours into a shift and never looked back.

Good luck

edit on 17-6-2019 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Thanks Buddha! I love the job though. I’m just going to have to tell her what I would have preferred be done (according to company policy); after all, it’s NOT her company to do as she wishes!

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I jut keep to myself. My job is mostly women too. Some days it bugs me when they all talk around me and leave me out, but then there are the days when the one chick goes on and on about her darling child and how adorable he is when he eats French fries ... and on and on ... Did I mention how she goes on? They moved all our cubicles, and she's a full row over and she still drives me nuts.

One of my two supervisors sits over beside her and wears earplugs!

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Lol, reminds me of French Fried Taters; your poor s/v, and you.

I keep to myself mostly. We really don’t have time to chat; so when she hobbles her @ss over to vent about my s/v it is irritating and cuts into our production; then she wants me to stay even later. I also like my s/v, and think she is jealous of said s/v as she constantly tries to make her look bad and has even stated she’s been there longer than her. I am literally running around working the whole time; and she sits in the office doing god knows what, and complaining about s/v. She also is short with customers, cuts corners. I’m not a fan of that!

She can also be very nice as well which makes it that much more difficult.

I’ll find a happy medium to try to gently express how I feel about it to her!

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 05:52 PM
link   

My husband got into an office situation where he ran afoul of the local female clique. It was like he literally could not talk to them or he was being mainsplaining, not even the tiniest comment no matter how inane ... "I think it might rain today." - MAINSPLAINING! If he touched the thermostate, he was creating a hostile work environment. If he used headphones to listen to music, hostile ... If he didn't use headphones and listened softly ... hostile. Look at one of them wrong ... HOSTILE. It went on for well over a year like that before he finally got his own office, and man, I took it rough at home because he was so stressed and upset and miserable by the time he got home to me. I wanted to go in a sort some Bs out.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   

I’m sorry you both had to go thru that.

At least he got out!

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Mine's not bad.

His office situation was horrifying though, and I think we both worried that he'd get fired after some HR complaint although it turns out that group had a notorious history of being harassers, and they were more or less protected by their boss. He did learn some valuable lessons about how to document, document, document everything for CYA purposes.
edit on 17-6-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Oh yeah; documentation is key!

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I don't understand the OP.

Some people you work with annoy you. I got that.

Advice? Leave the job or stay and put up with it.

I'm sorry, that's all I've got.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

I hate the word annoy!

I do love my job and I like everyone I work with, I just don’t care for rudeness to customers and backstabbing. Everyone I work with except for one is pretty straightforward and we work it out. The problem is leaving soon so I’ll just avoid it til it’s gone.

new topics

top topics

join