It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's not "Franchise Fatigue"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 01:14 AM
link   
AP link.

Franchise fatigue continues with ‘Men in Black’ and ‘Shaft’

Brand familiarity isn’t everything when it comes to attracting audiences to the multiplex, and Hollywood is learning that lesson the hard way this summer with a slew of underperforming sequels and reboots. That so-called franchise fatigue came to a head this weekend with the releases of “Men in Black: International” and “Shaft.”

The writing may have been on the wall after neither an X-Men movie (“Dark Phoenix”) nor a Godzilla movie (“Godzilla: King of the Monsters”) could get moviegoers enthusiastic enough to turn out. But this weekend, down over 50% from last year, is the worst yet.

It's not *insert swear words* franchise fatigue!

It's your *insert swear words* politics.

We are *insert swear word* tired of your *insert swear word* PC *insert swear word*.

Whew, ok, I'll calm down (a little) now.

I'm sooooooo sick of all my favorite movies and franchises getting PC-a-fied for lack of a better word. I goto the movies to enjoy a nice fictional movie, not get smacked in the face with politics I disagree with. You can't turn anywhere without them trying to smash their politics in your face anymore.

Not movies...
Not comics...
Not video games...
Not social media...

They are trying to make it so you can't relax and enjoy any of your hobbies or escapes. It's crazy-making.

Tim Pool does a wonderful job in one of his videos showing the "tribes" and the "tribe" that is shoving all this *insert swear word* in our face is only 5-7% of the population. Yet they seem to have worked their ways into the tops of many entertainment and educational and political institutions.

I'm a libertarian and I'm all for anyone being anything or anyway they want to be. Go you. You do you. Don't rub your... hmm... I'll stop and change my metaphors.

Don't shove your... nope.. not better.

Keep your PC politics to yourself.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Then don't go to the movie. Don't buy their comic books. Don't play their games or use their tools.

Are you so small minded as to be incapable of entertaining yourself without input from the progressive propaganda complex?

Find a pre-PC classic novel to read. Learn to play a musical instrument. Write anything. You don't need them! You can do that!

Why whine because they don't pander to you preferences. Just reject them.

If enough of us do that, they will collapse. If all we do is whine and fuss, they won't care.
:
edit on 2019 6 17 by incoserv because: I could.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 01:47 AM
link   
To make matters worse, none of the people working on these movies even walk the walk. It is all do as I say not as I do. It's like that awful Avatar movie that came out several years ago lecturing everyone on environmentalism whilst doing more environmental damage in the production of that piece of crap than I will ever do in 10 lifetimes.

It's also making the horror or suspense genres completely unwatchable. Just like the old joke back in the day where the black guy would always die first, now it is a paint by numbers intersectionalism fest. It makes it so predictable and boring to watch.

I've always been a fan of the zombie genre and I put on the new series Black Summer on Netlix and it was plagued by this kind of intersetionalist political B.S. You could tell who was going to turn on the group or do something cowardly and get someone killed because it was always the white guy. And if a white, male christian came along then rest assured that you won't be able to trust them. It just made the series completely unwatchable and I gave up on it after just 1 and half episodes.

When is the intersectional left going to realize that the reason they are so consumed with the old evangelical right is because they are the left's version of that very thing? Y'all are not woke. There is zero evidence-based epistemology behind any of the hyperbolic hokum you are spewing. You're simply a zealot.
edit on 17-6-2019 by sooth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 01:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
Learn to play a musical instrument.

*snicker*

I play... a few... *snicker* (notice my name)?

And while I can't write very well, I can paint (see link below to my art thread, I've been recording myself painting recently).

But your right. I'm not spending my money on this trash.

But watching/reading/etc only older titles get's boring. I want to see new movies, video games, etc.. that I can enjoy.

Meanwhile I'm passing the time learning to Git Gud on Dark Soul's 3...

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 01:59 AM
link   
IMO, it's nothing less than crappy actors or actors not truly able to carry the weight of the role and become the role, a la Christopher Reeve or Michael Keaton. BEN AFFLECK IS NOT FREAKIN' BATMAN. Sorry, not sorry, he does not fit the role and vice versa.

Hell of a lot more to do with that with people over 30 than anything else, IMO.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Don't worry... I'm sure the next Batman will.... Sparkle!

Old Hugh Jackson, Patrick Stewart, and young Dafne Keen Fernández (young and old alike) rocked the screen in "Logan."

There are talented actors out there of all varieties if they would keep their PC crap out of the films.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 02:40 AM
link   
I couldn’t agree with you more. I have zero interest with any political angle be it movies and television, video games or music.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 05:11 AM
link   
I watched the clip for MIB and wrote it off just like I wrote of Cp Marvel. I am not interested in watching it
But Godzilla, big monster, looks good

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I thought Godzilla was fine.

Godzilla was always a niche audience anyway, and anyone looking for a compelling storyline in Godzilla was misguided.
Giant monster destroys stuff, that's all you need.

Though I think there could have been more destruction, it was fun.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: pianopraze

Hollywood keeps putting agendas ahead of storyline and the result is bad products.
They when their project fails the blame storming starts.
Movies are expensive to watch at the theatre and the last thing Viewers want is a lecture about something or to watch a female character put down male characters.

X men bombed for a variety of reasons.

Godzilla bombed because it's a niche audience anyway and it lacked the human side of the first movie.

As for men in black, it will bomb too.
Have you watched the trailer yet?
Meh,,, Redbox..

As for me, I'm going to go watch alita battle angel again.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I gave up on going to the movies when TLJ made me ill.

That's a franchise that should have soared but with Rian Johnson and the feminazis ruining it I expect the next will bomb just like SOLO.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Sometimes pc stuff makes a show better.

Check this series out. www.imdb.com...
Plot involves super powers but it's really about rape.

Very well acted and emotional stuff.

Give it a chance you might like it.
Point is not all pc driven entertainment is terrible....just most of it is.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I couldn’t agree with you more. I have zero interest with any political angle be it movies and television, video games or music.

You don't like rage??

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

I only liked the first mib and I haven't liked any of these x men moves not really. Less so the ones with the young versions of the x men. The re-re-bot I guess. The characters in this new phinex movie.

So I'm not excited about it.

Every godzilla movie I've ever seen has sucked.
I liked the new king kong though.

The new pet sematary is cool. Especially if you don't like pc stuff because the pc crowd might be upset with the role a child plays in that movie.

Awesome old move before pc stuff. Belly

The one that surprises me is shaft.
I mean jackson AS shaft! That's sounds like a dream move. What did they do to ruin it? I'll have to watch it to find out.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

As for me, I'm going to go watch alita battle angel again.

I hear that is an awesome movie. It's one I plan to watch for sure.

Great none pc horror move. Triangle. www.imdb.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   
When you aren't overly obsessed with politics, it turns into just a movie.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Captain marvel was ok.
But they needed a different girl for the role. In the comics captain marvel is ruled by her emotions but brie larson seems to have a limited emotional range.

I read the comics and in the story line I'm reading captain marvel is going all authoritarian because he's tired of not saving everyone. So she has a psychic telling her who's going to commit crimes before they do.

Iron man is pissed because she's taking out people that haven't committed crime yet.
Setting up a fight between two groups. Those that follow marvel and those that follow iron man.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Well, it's like this, you have a cow that's giving milk. You keep milking the cow till it stops giving you milk. THEN you kill the cow.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   

This is curious. Shaft got bad professional reviews because it is "regressive" and "mysogynistic" and "socially tone deaf" while actual audience scores were spectacular. It's got a 94% audience review score on RottenTomatoes. Everything I've seen about the movie look glorious and decidedly non-PC. I plan on seeing it when it hits the repositories.

Neither the pro reviewers nor the audience seems to like MIB, though. The few positive reviews I've seen have credited the PC nonsense with the positive score. It sounds like it is another idiotic Ghostbusters-level rodgering of a franchise. Doubt I'll be bothering to see it.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

Captain marvel was ok.
But they needed a different girl for the role. In the comics captain marvel is ruled by her emotions but brie larson seems to have a limited emotional range.

This!!! Exactly this! Brie Larson was a horrible choice for any super heroine role. Her delivery is weak, projecting none of the strength and confidence that character should be dripping with. It really should have been an actress like the one who plays Lagartha on Vikings, Charlize Theron would have also done a much better job in the role.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join