It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Future of the Monsterverse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 09:23 PM
link   
After seeing the recent Godzilla movie, which I found to be pretty good, I've been thinking about the future of Legendary's Monsterverse after Godzilla vs Kong. So I decided to make a thread for everyone to discuss the direction they would like to see the Monsterverse go.

Personally, I would like to see them make a Mothra spin-off movie with Battra.

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Grik123

I think this one was a financial flop so after the next ones release I doubt you will get anymore movies.

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 10:27 PM
link   
king kong vs godzilla would last about a minute....sorry kong

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

I think this one was a financial flop so after the next ones release I doubt you will get anymore movies.

That's certainty a possibility. But I'm mostly just asking for peoples opinions on how they they would like to see the franchise go if Legendary and TOHO decides to continue the Monsterverse.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 12:18 AM
link   

So, you are referring to the JapLish Movie Monsterverse......or the Euro Monsterverse?

As the Japanese have difficulty with the "L" sound, they call Godzilla, So....GOJIRA.

Mothra, Rodan etc are Japanese.

In the "Euro" Hollywood Monster World, you would have....Giant Dragons, Giant Bronze Statues, Giant Spiders, Giant Ants, Giant Blobs, Giant Lizards, Giant Vultures, Giant Giants, etc and a 50 foot Women (the Scariest of all monsters), plus Slashers and Zombies.

Which Monsterverse are you referring to?

edit on 17-6-2019 by gort51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: gort51

So, you are referring to the JapLish Movie Monsterverse......or the Euro Monsterverse?

As the Japanese have difficulty with the "L" sound, they call Godzilla, So....GOJIRA.

Mothra, Rodan etc are Japanese.

In the "Euro" Hollywood Monster World, you would have....Giant Dragons, Giant Bronze Statues, Giant Spiders, Giant Ants, Giant Blobs, Giant Lizards, Giant Vultures, Giant Giants, etc and a 50 foot Women (the Scariest of all monsters), plus Slashers and Zombies.

Which Monsterverse are you referring to?

The Legendary Studios version of Godzilla.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   
They keep bringing me monster movies, I keep watching them. I don't care what comes next, just keep making them. Great nostalgia for a 48 year old!

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: autopat51
king kong vs godzilla would last about a minute....sorry kong

Yes, about as long as "Bambi Meets Godzilla."

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grik123

originally posted by: Bluntone22

That's certainty a possibility. But I'm mostly just asking for peoples opinions on how they they would like to see the franchise go if Legendary and TOHO decides to continue the Monsterverse.

I dont really care how it goes from here.
The story lines were kind of irrelevant when I became a fan. I just wanted to see big ole monsters kick butt...

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 07:40 PM
link   

I grew up watching monster movies. I love them. New, old, it doesn't matter.

The new Godzilla rocks! Keep making them like that.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I think there should be a Pacific Rim/Godzilla crossover, and they can call the Jaeger Jet Jaguar.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I want to see Godzilla VS Chucky. That would be awesome.

new topics

top topics

join