It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Fathers Day

page: 1

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Last week I and one of my sons traveled back to the homestead to meet up with my brother and his sons to spend a couple weeks with Mom.

As some of you know, my father passed away last year. Last week we spread his ashes, visited the Veterans Memorial. And just had some family time.

It’s the first Fathers Day without my dad.

So spend some time with your old man today, even if you don’t like the guy or love him with all your heart because you’ll miss him when he’s gone.

Here’s to you dad, happy Fathers Day.

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   
It's pawthers day, I cooked up half a pound of bacon for the cats pawthers day present this morning.

My daughters call me rick, my grandkids call me rick, my greatgrandaughter can say rick now. One thing with using my name, see, to some I am dad, to others I am grandpa, to others I am great grandpa...less confusion, they just call me rick.....it also makes me feel younger, so, I guess it is Rickthers day to day. I baked some Ricks Rolls in case the kids and their offspring come over today. We are having hot dogs on the grill tonight for supper.
edit on 16-6-2019 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Sorry for your loss.

My dad passed away a few years ago, I miss him all the time. We had our differences but he was a good guy.

I would give anything just to kick back and watch a game and share a few beers with him.

As they say you don't know what you have until it's gone.

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   

My dad passed away in seventy three, he died on Christmas day, that is Fathers day.

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Ya got me really worried for a second there mate... I was like oh s#! Its fathers day and I forgot to call the old fella.

But it turns out it's a complete day in Australia, which is kinda odd... because mother's day is on the same day as the US.

...Anyway.

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 03:04 PM
link   
My dad has never been a fan of Father's Day, he's always said the entire concept (as well as Mother's Day) feels forced, fake and devoid of any real intent. I can't say I disagree, people only seem to show they love who they say they love if a holiday is centered around that person, so...

My husband, on the other hand, we meet in the middle because our views on the parental holidays differ significantly. He listens to me & proceeds accordingly when I say "Don't do anything for Mother's Day, please, it means nada to me." Even the kids listen to me on that one, they're ok with it.
I know he likes Father's Day, so the kids put him on a pedestal for it, and I do my parts where applicable to help them out.

It boils down to personal views, ultimately. If the person the holiday is for has no interest, don't push it. If they do but you don't, well, you gotta flesh out that one yourself of where to meet in the middle.

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I definitely miss him.

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Last week I and one of my sons traveled back to the homestead to meet up with my brother and his sons to spend a couple weeks with Mom.

As some of you know, my father passed away last year. Last week we spread his ashes, visited the Veterans Memorial. And just had some family time.

So spend some time with your old man today, even if you don’t like the guy or love him with all your heart because you’ll miss him when he’s gone.

Ummm...I will my friend...

My Dad passed on the fifth of July...1991...

He was 56 years old...

I’m drinking a new drink tonight...damn is it good...

Jim Beam...Jacobs Ghost white whiskey...

I raise a glass to you...your Dad...and yours...and to my dad...including my three brothers...Dads each in his own right...

All gone down that singular path before me...feels strange to be the last male in my family...no one left to look up to...

Thank you for reminding me...although methinks it’s more than Jacobs Ghost that pays a welcome visit tonight...

Another round and a hearty hail to all Dads past and present...be they Father...Brother...or friend...

Ima be drunk tonight...but...after...I cook those ribeyes and corn on the cob...with salt taters swimming in butter...

Be well my friends...may your fare be at least the equal of mine...

YouSir

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   

To have a dad and not be with him.. I don't even know...

Lost my dad 30 years ago. never knew him as an adult. Never got to be more than a little sh!t of a son..

and now I watch my mother in her declining years.. barely able to walk, moving around sees her hunched over gripping things close.

as an only child, with no immediate family.. well, it is what it is.

In some ways, I am grateful I lost my father in his prime... I don't know where I'd be watching him become so fragile he couldn't even wash himself.

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I lost my Dad years ago and miss him.

Happy Father's Day to all our ATS Dad's, even pet Dad's as they are Fathers too.

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 06:15 PM
link   
My Dad and I don't really speak, we're mates on Facebook but I don't use the platform anymore apart from messenger.

The guy doesn't even bother to send me happy birthday messages for the kids, so as harsh as it sounds and as much as I still love the guy, there's no cards from me, only kind thoughts.

Although, today my Mum and my Uncle came over, and us, my partner and our kids, all enjoyed a big old BBQ, which was nice. (I'm a big Mumsy's boy, lol)

Happy Fathers Day to all of the Fathers who have made the effort, both past and present, 🙂

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I assume that's your real name. Make sense to call you Rick.

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Found my dad fixing his deck gate (BACK of the house)... one of my sister's are living with him again, not saying which 3. But her daughters 3 and 4 decided on an adventure. Out the back door and off the deck.. neighbors called when the 2 were running the front street.
My dad is still operating as dad. Full on dad.... even as grandad. Sonovabich is 66 and can still outrun a 3 and 4 year old once the neighbors say catch your kids.

So I helped install a 5 million megawatt electric fence with sharks that have lasers for eyes.. trench included.

Happy Fathers day🤗
Everything I said was true except the electricity. I kept the shark moat.

I did add a siren..if the gate is tampered. As a bonus... I extended the siren to my usually passed out sister on Xanax room with no kill switch...

Dear dad! I love you! HAPPY FATHER'S DAY.
Can't wait to eat spicy cheese with you again. 🤗

Lost 2 uncle's last couple month. I'm still in denial... but I know they are truly gone. Even tried placing a phone call.
No one answered... I grieve with you.
edit on 16-6-2019 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 09:02 PM
link   

May the old man Rest In Peace DB.

My mother went through the same today. The first father’s day since losing my grandpa.
I brought the kids over to her house and spent the day with her.
Then after dinner we took a walk through the park.

It’s been a really nice day today.

I hope your holding up my friend.

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Cheers! 🍻
You stepped in...
Willing to bet there are many happy people.

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Gotta say this..

As a child, Socks, Underwear or a T-shirt sucked as a gift.( I was 5 years old with no idea of appreciation) well I turned 16.. And now 45..... OH MY GOD I WOULD LOVE NEW SOCKS, UNDERWEAR AND EVEN A T-SHIRT....

I would like to thank the Aunt and Uncle who said... THAT nephew is starting to smell.

A dad also includes uncle's... (And my aunt's)

Oh my god if I could tell a smelly storey....

But I can't have kids. So when anyone here at ATS shares a blessing. I give STARS & FLAGS...

Thanks NightStar ... I've never seen anything unkind from you.

new topics

top topics

join