It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bosses pocket Trump tax windfall as workers see job promises vanish

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

What sort of balance exists with the theft from the wealthy?

It’s equal opportunity, not equal outcomes.

Perhaps that question can be answered by human nature, all I know is that when the rich horde their wealth and there isn't enough to go around bad things happen.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 06:25 AM
link   

So you want a society that dictates what an individual can and cannot do with their own property.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: DBCowboy

What sort of balance exists with the theft from the wealthy?

It’s equal opportunity, not equal outcomes.

Perhaps that question can be answered by human nature, all I know is that when the rich horde their wealth and there isn't enough to go around bad things happen.

Interesting. So if a person saves up, buys some land and builds a house with, say, 6 bedrooms, should their house be shared with others for free?

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

originally posted by: Nyiah
I certainly could have told people that much. Same with the auto plants that have shut down. And the retail chains that have laid off or went belly-up. Big tax break didn't help those folks either, did it?

originally posted by: chadderson
a reply to: Willtell

Lost his call center job of 20 years?

This is as entry level as it gets. In fact, this is the job that the folks fresh of the boat flock to. No job skills required. It would be more difficult to acquire a job at McDonalds than a call center.

Not exactly. Depends on what he was DOING. My brother had a call center job for a number of years after his previous employer went toes up, so you're going to assume it was just lazy entry level settling, right?

He was one of their IT guys. But, replying to "So, where do you work, man?" and answering with "I work at a call center" always got a sneer from people, because like you, they assumed all that goes into a call center is just answering phones or cold-calling out. Not the case, there's more there than just call wranglers.

I use to work for hp and when we called support, strangely, all of a sudden, we’d get a guy with a Philippine or Indian accent always named George or Pete, or James…some simple FAKE American name.

Who were they fooling?
Practically all the IT help desk jobs in America have been shipped overseas where they can pay people less than half of what they paid the American IT workers. It's pitiful.

And that is not Trump's fault, it's the global marketplace. My workplace (part of a global company) used to have a fully staffed IT local squad, maybe 15 people to cover our entire campus with local controls over local servers. In 2013 the corporate leadership decided to consolidate the IT department and now we have to connect with people in Spain and Malaysia to solve local problems. Did Trump reach back in time and cause that to happen?

If other countries or States can offer better deals for a company, why should that company continue on a path that costs more money? Feeling good about yourself doesn't generate capital.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Big greedy companies for years have been moving to the south where those ignorant hillbillies hate unions.

They tried to get me to go to Tennessee’s 20 years ago at GM. I told them to take a hike.

They are still doing it to get away from unions and people with common sense

They want to go where the biggest slave mentality in America exists…the south.

I thought I smelled a union stooge.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

So you want a society that dictates what an individual can and cannot do with their own property.

No, people want a society that dictates what others can and cannot do with their own property. It's about others. Other people have too much money and it should be taken from them, not me! I'm one of the good guys!

In the case of AT&T making too much money, someone has already pointed out that the majority of that excess money is going to retirees on fixed incomes. I suppose they make too much money. We should take retirees' money and give it to the poor! But then, once we take their retirement, they are the poor... so we are taking from people to give to the same people. Who wins? The people who are taking the money and then giving it back, because all of that money never makes it back to the people we made poor by taking it from them. Someone is getting their cut!

That someone is the only people in the whole damn equation that don't contribute a damn thing to anyone: the government. What does the government do except regulate? The government doesn't provide cell phone service. AT&T does that. If you don't like AT&T's business practices, don't subscribe to AT&T. They won't make a dime off of you! But if you don't like the government's policies, you can't not subscribe to the government... they will get your money whether you want their "service" or not.

So who do we applaud and who do we condemn? We applaud the government, who contributes nothing... absolutely nothing... and takes whether we want them to or not, and we condemn the company that provides a service or product that people apparently want, and only takes from those who want to use their service or product.

Does this make sense? Not to me. But it apparently does to some people... at least until they get targeted as being unworthy of what they have. It's not supposed to be them! It's supposed to be others!

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Will it close the rest of the call centers down as well?

This might just make me support Trump.

It not that I don't like getting hounded like I'm someone else's piggy bank for greed.

I just like being able to finish a nice day of work without the harassment from people I never gave my number to.

Go TRUMP! Clear out that swamp lol.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 08:39 AM
link   

That's not the real world, that's the FAKE world of your rare experience.

IN THE REAL WORLD...Most people are buying groceries with credit cards

You are buying groceries with credit cards.

The rest of us are doing just fine.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   

You don't seem too knowledgeable on the south.We have plenty of union jobs down here, car,factory and nuclear, my dad has worked his whole life in it. I also have two uncles a deceased grandfather and my brother and I spent a few years in a union job as well. We all worked nuclear plants, had clearances, and paid our dues. As for ignorant hillbillies sure we got plenty of those. Just like I know there are a few NICE northerners. Furthermore you seem to suffer from TDS.

Have a great day.
edit on 10-04-08 by Beach Bum because: Edited for editing.

edit on 10-04-08 by Beach Bum because: Edited for editing.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Meanwhile in the real world, the business I work for currently has the highest stock price we've had, bonuses are higher, wages are higher, and we're hiring more people.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   

I love when idiots make sweeping statements about a nationwide change and use a single company as their example. AT&T has been on the downswing since 2016. The tax cut didn't go into effect until 2018.

Not only that, but is no company allowed to do poorly in a favorable environment? Lest it prove the environment is unfavorable? The economic illiteracy of people like you is what keeps us from making bigger and better strides. No awareness past your own nose.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Yep. They live to project the poor situation they've made for themselves onto everyone.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Shocker. I thought trickle down economics has worked like gangbusters. It started with Reagan and since then America has seen a massive transfer of wealth to the rich and powerful while average family earnings have remained... flat. Oh, wait a minute, that proves it does not work. So why was America sold on that bill of goods again?

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   
It's been tough. This morning I cut my 401k deduction to 5% from 25%. That gives me a couple extra grand a month to put towards a new truck before deer season. Next year I retire and the 401k numbers look good to have to live on about $6000 a month plus SS. Our President has been real good to me the last couple of years.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Analbumcover
Will it close the rest of the call centers down as well?

This might just make me support Trump.

It not that I don't like getting hounded like I'm someone else's piggy bank for greed.

I just like being able to finish a nice day of work without the harassment from people I never gave my number to.

Go TRUMP! Clear out that swamp lol.

Ya, but the call center is still calling you, just from India now. An East Indian now gets paid to do it.
MAGA
edit on 17-6-2019 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Either this is Trumps fault like the OP said OR.....

AT&T is just moving their call-centers off-shores, further strengthening Trumps promises to bring our countries industry/services back to America.

www.dallasnews.com...

Her story is not unique. In the last six years, AT&T has cut more than 12,000 jobs and sent them offshore. It is a leader in the pack of corporations that continue to offshore lower- and middle-income American jobs, even at a time when Americans are paying close attention to who creates and maintains U.S jobs. By choosing to shutter more than 30 call centers in the U.S., AT&T has pulled hundreds of jobs from small rural communities and urban centers.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   

What does "horde their wealth" mean and how does that affect average Joe that works for a pay check whether they horde or not. Much of that suppose hording has to do with savings that grow. The rich invest in stocks, companies etc to grow their "horde" investing into companies creates jobs if the company is successful. If they buy into stocks they once again make gains if the companies they buy into are successful. Money makes money if done right, its like no one has heard of compounded interest, and if you have zero savings then you do not have money making money. I know people that make well over 250k per year that live pay day to pay day, and if I have 500k in a 401k then I can say I have 500,000 times more savings. People who save whether rich or otherwise make money, people who do not safe do not make money. The wealth gap that continually grows is be because of this as we tend to be a huge consumer society that spends instead of save.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

What does "horde their wealth" mean and how does that affect average Joe that works for a pay check whether they horde or not. Much of that suppose hording has to do with savings that grow. The rich invest in stocks, companies etc to grow their "horde" investing into companies creates jobs if the company is successful. If they buy into stocks they once again make gains if the companies they buy into are successful. Money makes money if done right, its like no one has heard of compounded interest, and if you have zero savings then you do not have money making money. I know people that make well over 250k per year that live pay day to pay day, and if I have 500k in a 401k then I can say I have 500,000 times more savings. People who save whether rich or otherwise make money, people who do not safe do not make money. The wealth gap that continually grows is be because of this as we tend to be a huge consumer society that spends instead of save.

Most of these people do not understand how money works...

They literally think millionaires, etc have a room full of cash that they bathe in like Scrooge McDuck.

They don't understand that the very rich have their money invested whether in real estate, financial markets, or other investments like private equity/venture capital.

If the rich were hording their money then it would be hard for anyone to get a loan, etc. Companies would not have access to much needed capital. The rich want thier money to work for them... not sit stagnant under a mattress.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Cool. I'll be conned again when I vote him next year as well. My boss gave across the board raises from the Trump tax cuts.

Trump cuts taxes and CEOs of big businesses pocket the money instead of helping the employees... Yep, sounds like Trump's fault for sure... Why wasn't Trump demanding that these people pay their employees?????

You're right, Willtell, lots of suckers out there, Willtell.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
Is it possible that high taxes up North is pushing those AT&T jobs to Tennessee and Georgia? Perhaps it’s not corporate greed, but fiscal responsibility. Paying high taxes for no discernible services isn’t responsible.

They want to go where the biggest slave mentality in America exists…the south.

You misspelled DNC.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join