It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bosses pocket Trump tax windfall as workers see job promises vanish

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: chadderson
a reply to: Willtell

Lost his call center job of 20 years?

This is as entry level as it gets. In fact, this is the job that the folks fresh of the boat flock to. No job skills required. It would be more difficult to acquire a job at McDonalds than a call center.

Any ammuntion against Trump is going to be fired though isnt it.

You must be trolling, but I will bite..

What a load of
. Your comments scream of ignorance. There are many levels and types of call centers, from sales to technical support and even developers. Good call centers hire quality consultants, which spend years mastering their art, which happens to be dealing with ignorance and stupidity most of the time. Coincidence? I think not..

edit on 16-6-2019 by byteshertz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Here is more evidence the American ordinary sapsuckers have been deceived again by the greedy

It's always the GOP who always will find an excuse to give the greedy rich more booty...

It never fails, the brain dead go to sleep worrying about the taxes of the rich, while literally millions a year die from starvation in our planet and you wonder why the middle and lower middle-class saps always get shafted,

www.theguardian.com...

“The evidence continues to mount that the Trump-GOP tax cuts were a scam, a giant bait-and-switch that promised workers big pay raises, a lot more jobs and new investments, but they largely enriched CEOs and the already wealthy,” said Frank Clemente, executive director of Americans for Tax Fairness. He noted only 4% of the US workforce saw any sort of pay increase or bonus from the tax cuts. Meanwhile, data collected by ATF shows corporations have cut thousands of jobs since the tax cuts were passed, while using tax windfalls to buy back $1tn of their own stock, which primarily benefits corporate executives and wealthy investors since half of all Americans own no stock. General Motors’ chair and CEO, Mary Barra. General Motors’ chair and CEO, Mary Barra. Photograph: Joshua Lott/Getty Images General Motors’ CEO, Mary Barra, was one of Trump’s economic advisers on tax reform, and the company vocally supported working with the Trump administration on tax reform “that is beneficial to the US economy, beneficial to US manufacturing and creates jobs”. In November 2018, GM announced it would cease operations at five plants in Michigan, Ohio, Maryland and Ontario, Canada, resulting in the loss of more than 14,000 jobs in those communities. As GM is closing plants, the company has spent $10bn since 2015 on stock buybacks, and made a net profit of over $8bn despite paying no federal taxes in 2018. GM reported a tax windfall of $157m in the first three months of 2018 due to the Trump tax cut.

These people are vultures from the president and his whore advisers and these elite pigs who have tricked the American people again.

How many homes, Yachts, and cars do these hogs need?

edit on 16-6-2019 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Lol that has nothing to do with Trump's tax cuts, it has to do with corporate tax laws in leftist state like new York and Connecticut corporations are forced to move to complete with India for call center positions.

Jaden

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 08:20 PM
link   

It never fails, the brain dead go to sleep worrying about the taxes of the rich

Your sleeping habits don't interest anyone else.

I only care about how well I do. You're the one obsessing over someone else making more than you think they should.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Every year these pigs get richer and richer playing their money game, while 1 in 9 people go to bed every night hungry.

Almost 1 billion people suffer chromic malnutrition. Each year 3.1 million children die from malnutrition under 5 and these enlightened masters of the universe just go about greedily accumulating more and more and more wealth…for what?

When the throes of death reach their throats NOTHING, all their ill-gotten gain will not save them.

Hopefully they’ll rot in Hell…and all those who

…Gave power to the beast

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Go back to sleep

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 08:26 PM
link   
A Christian civilization. What a joke

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

we live roughly 35 miles apart so i guess howdy neighbor ,its kind of astounding how much info can be found out about most people from the net these days, did you like the lightening storm the other day? more on topic i guess it varies from state to state but most of the friends i have are doing better under his tax cuts then aren't and they range from low income "evergreen" to people that own multiple properties in ca so i think it varies on a lot of things

but i think he knows you live in WF as you talked about it in a previous thread dealing w the company who got the contract for purtorico from whitefish when you told ppl you were moving there and didnt want the company's bad name to sully the rep of whitefish (not like that idiot Spencer didn't do that with his NAZI bs) ya ever wanna get a beer or something lol hit me up i guess not often i find people that live near me on ATS

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Sore Loser eh

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 08:30 PM
link   
And all the church going hypocrites support Trump and his greedy hypocrites

Jesus said: Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."

Proverbs 29:7 “The righteous care about justice for the poor, but the wicked have no such concern.”
Deuteronomy 15:10 “Give generously to him and do so without a grudging heart; then because of this the LORD your God will bless you in all your work and in everything you put your hand to.”
Psalm 41:1 “Blessed is he who has regard for the weak; the LORD delivers him in times of trouble.”
Proverbs 19:17 “He who is kind to the poor lends to the LORD, and he will reward him for what he has done.”
Proverbs 22:9 “A generous man will himself be blessed, for he shares his food with the poor.”
Isaiah 58:10 "And if you spend yourselves in behalf of the hungry and satisfy the needs of the oppressed, then your light will rise in the darkness, and your night will become like the noonday."
Jeremiah 7:5-7 "If you really change your ways and your actions and deal with each other justly, if you do not oppress the alien, the fatherless or the widow and do not shed innocent blood in this place, and if you do not follow other gods to your own harm, then I will let you live in this place, in the land I gave your forefathers for ever and ever."
Matthew 19:20 “‘All these I have kept,’ the young man said. ‘What do I still lack?’ Jesus answered, ‘If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.’"
Luke 14:12-14 "Then Jesus said to his host, ‘When you give a luncheon or dinner, do not invite your friends, your brothers or relatives, or your rich neighbors; if you do, they may invite you back and so you will be repaid. But when you give a banquet, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind, and you will be blessed. Although they cannot repay you, you will be repaid at the resurrection of the righteous.’"
Luke 12:33-34 "Sell your possessions and give to the poor. Provide purses for yourselves that will not wear out, a treasure in heaven that will not be exhausted, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."
Proverbs 14:31 “He who oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors God.”
Isaiah 10:1-3 " Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar? To whom will you run for help? Where will you leave your riches?”
Jeremiah 5:28 “‘Their evil deeds have no limit; they do not plead the case of the fatherless to win it, they do not defend the rights of the poor. ‘Should I not punish them for this?’ declares the LORD. ‘Should I not avenge myself on such a nation as this?’”
Amos 5:12 “For I know how many are your offenses and how great your sins. You oppress the righteous and take bribes and you deprive the poor of justice in the courts.”
Luke 6:24 " But woe to you who are rich, for you have already received your comfort."
Proverbs 14:31 “He who oppresses the poor shows contempt for their Maker, but whoever is kind to the needy honors God.”
Proverbs 19:17 “He who is kind to the poor lends to the LORD, and he will reward him for what he has done.”
1 John 3:17 But if someone who is supposed to be a Christian has money enough to live well, and sees a brother in need, and won't help him--how can God's love be within him
John 3:18 Little children, let us stop just saying we love people; let us really love them, and show it by our actions.
1 Sam. 2:8 He lifts the poor from the dust-- Yes, from a pile of ashes-- And treats them as princes sitting in the seats of honor. For all the earth is the Lord's And he has set the world in order.
Prov. 19:17 When you help the poor you are lending to the Lord--and he pays wonderful interest on your loan!
Prov. 14:31 Anyone who oppresses the poor is insulting God who made them. To help the poor is to honor God.
James 1:27 The Christian who is pure and without fault, from God the Father's point of view, is the one who takes care of orphans and widows, and who remains true to the Lord--not soiled and dirtied by his contacts with the world.
Psa. 82:3 Give fair judgment to the poor man, the afflicted, the fatherless, the destitute.
Psa 82:4 Rescue the poor and helpless from the grasp of evil men.
Prov. 28:27 If you give to the poor, your needs will be supplied! But a curse upon those who close their eyes to poverty.

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

www.abovetopsecret.com... you reply to me on page two from my post on pg one where you said you were moving there and i welcomed you to my weird little corner of Montana,hope you liked the park btw

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
A Christian civilization. What a joke

I know! Reading your whines about others reminded me of one of the commandments that seems to go unnoticed.

You shall not covet your neighbor's house. You shall not covet your neighbor's wife, or his male or female servant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor.

— Exodus 20:17

Edit add: in regards to your scripture refs above...Jesus never says to steal from the another to give to others or yourself. All of them scriptures refer to one choosing the right path not being forced. One's relationship with God is personal and not collective.
edit on 6 16 2019 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Every year these pigs get richer and richer playing their money game, while 1 in 9 people go to bed every night hungry.

Almost 1 billion people suffer chromic malnutrition. Each year 3.1 million children die from malnutrition under 5 and these enlightened masters of the universe just go about greedily accumulating more and more and more wealth…for what?

When the throes of death reach their throats NOTHING, all their ill-gotten gain will not save them.

Hopefully they’ll rot in Hell…and all those who

…Gave power to the beast

Right on cue...when pushed with facts, it becomes, "think of the children".

So predictable Willy.....so predictable, pathetic, but predictable.

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Go back to sleep

No.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 08:48 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 08:50 PM
link   

You do realize you are citing scripture without realizing what it is saying, right? Right?

When I was young, if someone had told me someone who openly hates Christianity would try to use the Bible to condemn it in the minds of believers, I would have told them they were crazy... but here you are!

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Here is more evidence the American ordinary sapsuckers have been deceived again by the greedy

It's always the GOP who always will find an excuse to give the greedy rich more booty...

Given that you're adamantly claiming that everything in your OP is a result of Trump's tax cuts, I'm wondering if you could give me your thoughts on this?

In August, the Guardian reported that AT&T had closed 44 call centers since 2011, affecting 16,000 jobs.

So I'm assuming that this run off call centre closures which has been happening since 2011 are ALL the fault of Trump's tax cuts? I can't put my finger on it, but I get the feeling there was someone else in charge in 2011? Someone the left views as Christ-like and free from scandal? But I could be wrong.

Maybe it was just a typo, let's see...

The Guardian spoke with an AT&T worker who was forced to take a different position at the company in Cleveland, Ohio after her local call center was shut down and the jobs were outsourced: “My center closed in 2011. It was a shock to all of us. At the time we had an area manager telling us we had plenty of work to sustain our office,” said Laleelah Hunter, an AT&T call representative in Cleveland for 19 years.

Hmmm. That was from a 2018 article, but references layoffs from 2011. Again, the fault of Trump's tax cuts, no doubt. We've all been fooled by the Orange Man!!!

But it seems as though Trump's governance has had no perceived benefit at all, right? After all, one source posted in this thread suggests that Trump has had virtually no impact at all.

In a filing that AT&T made with the Securities and Exchange Commission in November, the company said it employed 269,280 workers as of Sept. 30, 2018, up from 256,800 employees one year earlier.

Wait, so despite restructuring of the company and relocating some workers, and even despite the Trump layoffs, AT&T have managed to create 12,480 jobs???

Oh, that's right. Any positive news is STILL the flow on effects from Obama's presidency, right? That's how you lot like to spin it, right?

Call centre closures dating from 2011 - Trump's fault.

Job creation in 2018 - Obama's legacy.

Genius.

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 09:01 PM
link   

It never fails, the brain dead go to sleep worrying about the taxes of the rich, while literally millions a year die from starvation in our planet and you wonder why the middle and lower middle-class saps always get shafted,

Hmmm...

Now to be fair, when Trump's tax bill went into effect last year, AT&T did issue a press release stating that it would give around 200,000 employees a bonus of $1,000 in the next year. However, AT&T did not mention that this bonus was already negotiated by the union that represents AT&T's workers. Meaning that AT&T was going to be paying their workers that $1,000 bonus with or without the tax bill from the Trump Administration.

A $1,000 bonus for staff, with or without the Trump tax cuts? Yep, middle and lower middle-class getting shafted again...

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: Lumenari

So you stalked me in return? Why are you pulling up my info without my consent? How did you find out? Did you pay someone to look up my info? Or are you not who you claim you are?

This picture seems to tell a different story than your own as far as your business almost "dying" under Obama. You wouldn't be a liar would you? You've already proven yourself to be a stalker.

Again, why are you trying to find out who I am? Your reason doesn't add up. Why are you looking into my personal info? I feel violated.

And for the record, your chart missed the utter collapse of the Bakken oilfield under Obama and where it is now.

Obama was President from 2008 till 2016.

We died in 2013 and came back in 2017.

Your chart stopped in 2010.

I guess you missed the whole Keystone pipeline thing that Obama ruined.

But what would I know... I just work here.

And I wasn't the one stalking...

So you stalked me in return?

You wouldn't be a liar would you? You've already proven yourself to be a stalker.

So I would appreciate it if you apologized for me being a stalker and a liar.

Then maybe we could get off on an equal footing again.

Your call on that.

edit on 16-6-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 09:04 PM
link   

“When AT&T closed my call center in Bakersfield, I worked too many years at AT&T to start over and not enough to retire, so I was forced to take a transfer two hours away in Pasadena so I could keep paying my bills,” said Pam Suniga, a 20-year AT&T wireline residence service representative whose call center in Bakersfield, Calif. was closed in 2015.

Trump, what a monster. He even managed to shut down a few call centres WHILE CAMPAIGNING!?! Is there nothing he won't stoop to???

edit on 16-6-2019 by Rewey because: link

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join