It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bosses pocket Trump tax windfall as workers see job promises vanish

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Me and my wife had huge wage growth since Trump took office. I had more in 2 years under Trump than all 8 years under Obama. My wife experienced about 40% wage growth in 2 years.

I think 2016-2017 saw the largest average wage increase in US history.
edit on 16-6-2019 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I've gotten promoted and received 6 raises since Trump was elected.

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Two big red flags yet they hold the article up as true .

I would be angry if the media thought I was so naïve I could be let around by my nose . The contempt they hold for their viewers is offensive to me .

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Will. You and I differ only on one point of your OP and that is naming those who have fallen for Trumps bs as suckers.
The message presented by the OP is valuable information and should be evaluated by all present, those who agree with what you present as well as those who don't.

By calling them suckers or suggesting that it takes only a modicum of common sense to see how Trump has played so many immediately puts up roadblocks to considering the information presented.
Myself, I do not see his supporters as suckers but rather as people who have been suckered. As well I see most of his supporters as people who DO have that modicum of common sense yet still, have been suckered. Can you see how I see these two perspectives as being different?
T His I see of course as being true from the other direction as well. It's not that any of us are suckers but that we all have been suckered to one degree or another. As well I just have to believe that all of us have that modicum of common sense it is just that what we are facing is so complex that it is difficult to ascertain just what that common sense is.

For me we have entered the golden age of cheaters and liars. The ''art'' of lying has developed to such a degree that a large percentage of what liars offer is based on what people already know to be true. Taking true observations and spinning it to enough of a degree that it still sounds true, based on that common sense most of us already have is now common practice not only in politics but in entertainment and marketing and on down the line.

So calling someone a sucker bypasses the reality that in one degree or another we have all been suckered and likely will be suckered again until we all wise up and realize that much of our social problems are not that there is something wrong with us but rather there is something wrong with those people who take advantage of us.

Other than that I see the op as being exactly what is going on with his entire presidency.

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

If there weren't avatars and usernames I would be hard pressed to tell the difference between one Trump supporter and another around here. It's like a good portion of the membership shares the same mind and regurgitates the same talking points over and over ad nauseum.

And yeah, you could say the same about a lot of liberals too. Two sides of the same coin imo.
edit on 6/16/2019 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Your story makes the OP sound uneducated and highly triggered by Trump.

Colour me surprised??

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Source? Wage growth has been stagnant for decades as far as I know. Where are these figures that show the highest wage growth in history? Skins like hot air but i will be more than happy to admit I'm wrong.

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Me and my wife had huge wage growth since Trump took office. I had more in 2 years under Trump than all 8 years under Obama. My wife experienced about 40% wage growth in 2 years.

I think 2016-2017 saw the largest average wage increase in US history.

Your story makes the OP sound uneducated and highly triggered by Trump.

Colour me surprised??

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

So the story in the OP is fake news? Is this you ignoring information you don't like again? You're good at that.

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

If there weren't avatars and usernames I would be hard pressed to tell the difference between one Trump supporter and another around here. It's like a good portion of the membership shares the same mind and regurgitates the same talking points over and over ad nauseum.

And yeah, you could say the same about a lot of liberals too. Two sides of the same coin imo.

As long as the Trump people refuse to question the government under him, I don't see anyone meeting in the middle.

Sad but true.

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   

So the story in the OP is fake news?

The OP can't string a sentence together coherently without looking like a tool.

Is this you ignoring information you don't like again? You're good at that.

LOL - says the hypocrite questioning OccamsRazor04 story and demanding a source.

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Ah, The Guardian.
Well done for linking the trash source, even if you did place it at the end of the propaganda.
Fortunately, I saw the link and as soon as I saw it was the Guardian, stopped reading it.

edit on 16/6/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

As long as the Trump people refuse to question the government under him, I don't see anyone meeting in the middle.

Sad but true.

This is so cute - an extremist regularly pushing anti-Trump views using any source available to trash the President, then talking about middle ground.

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   

So maybe the "edge" of the coin is the place to be eh?

That way you can "roll" in both directions instead of actually doing anything about the "problems" 😀

edit on Jun-16-2019 by xuenchen because: 🍌💥🍌

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: chadderson

Lost his call center job of 20 years?

This is as entry level as it gets. In fact, this is the job that the folks fresh of the boat flock to. No job skills required. It would be more difficult to acquire a job at McDonalds than a call center.

Any ammuntion against Trump is going to be fired though isnt it.

Would you say this right in this guys face?

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   

That sounds like a really poor business model to too me... Why would they give you a raise every 3 months for 2 and half years straight? Rather than like just 2 larger raises each year.

I'm sure there's a lot more to that story, which has nothing to do with the great orange messiah.

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   

a reply to: Lumenari

So this isn't happening? Must be nice to live in a world where you can just ignore anything and everything that doesn't fit your preconceived notions. Plenty of businesses were doing great under Obama as well but those don't count in your worldview, do they?

We have over a million more jobs then we do employees now. Wages are rising and will continue to do so.

That isn't exactly a preconceived notion... it's called math.

Obama didn't build that.

The only companies that flourished under Obama were green companies and the big employers like Walmart.

The 70% of American jobs that are from small businesses took it up the butt, from the ACA to stagnant job numbers and an abysmal GDP.

What is actually happening if you care to read the OP is that Democratically-run states like to raise taxes and in some small minds Trump did that.

I understand why you don't understand that.

It doesn't mean it isn't reality though.

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 03:04 PM
link   

If they provide a source I will look at it. That's literally the opposite of ignoring it.

Are you able to comprehend? Or is anything over 140 characters too much for you to understand, Mr. Twitter?

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

As if you or anyone else is doing anything by sitting on a message board. Lol.

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

That sounds like a really poor business model to too me... Why would they give you a raise every 3 months for 2 and half years straight? Rather than like just 2 larger raises each year.

I'm sure there's a lot more to that story, which has nothing to do with the great orange messiah.

Probably for the same reason I have given out 4 in the last 2 years.

Unexpected company growth and needing to keep wages comparable to my competitors so I keep my people.

Yea... horrible business model there.

What kind of company do you own?

Just curious.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join