It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bosses pocket Trump tax windfall as workers see job promises vanish

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: CaliMayh3m

Wouldnt the job growth have more to do with Fed policy really more than anything?

I meam if they didnt print money and create massive bubbles then how would any jobs have been create in the first place?

Whats who the president is really have to do with it?

Also if hes responsible for creating jobs hes responsible when they are lost as well

But as you say... the companies are the ones who truly define the job market

But anyway...

Yeah, all valid points; there are a lot of factors that go into jobs growth or decline.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

Wouldnt the job growth have more to do with Fed policy really more than anything?

It depends on several factors, but we're discussing the ones which have to do with the tax cut. The fact that a President has been successful at getting a tax cut passed and has openly indicated he supports more tax cuts is far better for the job market than a President who claims "you didn't build that," sending the message he is open to taxing and regulating businesses until they are no longer profitable. No one in their right mind would start or expand a business when someone with the power to make it unprofitable gives the impression they intend to do so.

I meam if they didnt print money and create massive bubbles then how would any jobs have been create in the first place?

Bubbles are not the only way jobs get created.

Whats who the president is really have to do with it?

No, but government policy does, and policy is in large part set by the President. Congress is responsible as well if they pass legislation that affects the business environment. So is the state legislature, the governor, and local officials.

Also if hes responsible for creating jobs hes responsible when they are lost as well

It's not that simple. Government is one force affecting business and job creation, not the only force.

But as you say... the companies are the ones who truly define the job market

Yes, but those companies define the job market based not on whims, but on expectations of whether or not their business will be profitable in the future. Excepting part-time temp jobs (which are not an indication of a growing economy, but of a bubble), employees are considered a long-term investment. They require training and not a little expense locating the right people. It makes no sense to hire more people if one thinks the economy will tank in three months; better to simply pay overtime or a temp agency to cover any short-term needs and avoid the legal/financial hassles of firing a bunch of employees within a couple of months.

No one goes on a vacation and buys a house to stay in for a week, and no one is hiring full-time employees expecting to not need them in a few weeks. They hire full-time employees when they expect to need them for a year, five years, ten years. Whether they think that employee will be needed down the road depends on what they expect the government to do to the economy, how much demand they think there will be for their product or service, what their competition is doing, and how expensive they expect business overhead to be.

TheRedneck

edit on 6/18/2019 by TheRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I have always felt that tax cuts supposedly designed to create jobs should be contingent on the number of jobs created, IE if you don't create jobs with your tax cut, you don't get your tax cut. But alas, they always seem to come without strings attached, and the money promptly goes in the pockets of the suits, and the workers continue to lose overtime, raises, holiday pay, etc, while the bonuses just get bigger and bigger for management. This is a rotten system and it needs to change.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Actually it's #OrangeManBad vs. Let's discuss what happened after Trump tax cuts which is huge job growth and all time record high wage increase.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: Krakatoa

I've learned over the years you can't help people who won't help themselves, the information is there for everyone to learn yes, but will they, I don't think so perhaps you have more faith in people than I do.

That is the difference between my "can do" attitude and your "can't do" attitude.

This is why people fail....because they convince themselves they cannot do something before even trying.

If you say so, however this conversation isn't about you and me it's about people in general. Just for the record I'm not on struggle street and I gather neither are you.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Actually it's #OrangeManBad vs. Let's discuss what happened after Trump tax cuts which is huge job growth and all time record high wage increase.

Can you show correlating evidence that record number of American people are living better than they were before these record increases?

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

This is all a very complicated and nuanced problem, Im simply coming from a position that not everyone is geared up to contribute to this society, let alone thrive in it. The larger the population the larger the problem, add in automation, off shore enterprise etc and far too many fall through the cracks.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Yes, look at the unemployment numbers.

That says it all.

If you don't get it after that, odds are you never will.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   

That is not a solution, before trying to school others perhaps it's best if you follow and understand the conversation

The best solution is to eliminate the income tax completely, eliminate the 90% of the federal government that is not fulfilling a Constitutionally delegated power or authority, then fund the rest with minor use taxes - for example, this could be easily handled by a tiny excise tax on all stock market transactions.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Im simply coming from a position that not everyone is geared up to contribute to this society, let alone thrive in it.

That's a fair point, but thus far no one in the history of mankind has figured out how to do it better. Can we improve? Yes! But not by throwing out what has worked so far.

But almost everyone can contribute enough to do OK. That's not humankind being inconsiderate; that's just nature. Someone born with a deformed hand might not be able to be a world-class surgeon, but they can certainly sweep floors. I have no problem helping them live more comfortably than the going wage for sweeping floors. Where I have a problem is with people who have no real disability or who simply don't want to do what is required to succeed, and yet want someone else to hand them something. Those people overtax a system to the point where we have trouble helping those who truly need it.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

That is not a solution, before trying to school others perhaps it's best if you follow and understand the conversation

The best solution is to eliminate the income tax completely, eliminate the 90% of the federal government that is not fulfilling a Constitutionally delegated power or authority, then fund the rest with minor use taxes - for example, this could be easily handled by a tiny excise tax on all stock market transactions.

I concur

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Yes and as you those that overtax the system take from those that truly need it, seems to be a common theme, as an example when u dealt with child protection when getting my boy out of the system it was obvious the agency was in the same position, not only lacking resources but competing for funding from area to area, it was a shambles and the kids in real danger just don't receive the help they need.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 03:20 AM
link   

AT&T you say??? So they moved from the United States to the United States...Had your preferred Hillariously Clinton won, those jobs would be moving to India...

Thousands and thousands of jobs are coming back to the US because of Trump's tax cuts...There are now more jobs than people to work them...

OH, except for the illegals you guys are helping flood our Country...They all are getting driver's licenses so they can vote...And if one of those wacky Democrat nominees beats Trump those illegals might get your job too, for far less money than you are making...

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Can you show correlating evidence that record number of American people are living better than they were before these record increases?

I have zero need to. Either the money made it to them or it did not. It did. Just to throw you a bone though, quality of life has made a huge jump under Trump, and is the highest it has been since 9/11 ..

Fact Check This: Quality Of Life Is Up Sharply Under Trump

www.investors.com...

The Quality of Life Index also dropped 5.1% in June to 60.1, after rising 3.6% in May. In April, it dipped 0.5% following March's 5.1% gain. It remains above the average for this index under President Obama, which was 53.7. Unlike other measures, the Quality of Life Index has been relatively steady over the past 17 years.

www.investors.com...

You are welcome.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 05:47 AM
link   
What a pathetic desperate thread

The economy is doing fine, excellent... I would have thought that was obvious to even the most mentally challenged radical lefties at this point

Yes we’ve all been conned 😂

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 08:58 AM
link   

sorry but 20 years in a call center? how about learning some skills that make you less replaceable or allow you to move in another direction. stop blaming others for things YOU can control.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

What's more is the fact the media is writing articles like this despite quality of life being at an almost 20 year high and average wage growth was the highest in US history.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

Minor correction: this could easily be handled by a tiny excise tax on all stock, commodities, currency and futures markets.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join