It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bosses pocket Trump tax windfall as workers see job promises vanish

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

Most of these people do not understand how money works...

They literally think millionaires, etc have a room full of cash that they bathe in like Scrooge McDuck.

They don't understand that the very rich have their money invested whether in real estate, financial markets, or other investments like private equity/venture capital.

If the rich were hording their money then it would be hard for anyone to get a loan, etc. Companies would not have access to much needed capital. The rich want thier money to work for them... not sit stagnant under a mattress.

The vast majority of the rich have very little available cash assets All their money is invested to make more money, but that really is a very small group of people. Stocks in many cases are 401k retirement investments etc and these are who people like Willtell want to take down by going after those evil companies and of course Trump.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheSteppenwolf

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: TheSteppenwolf
It’s hilarious when tax cuts gets slammed by some citizens because other citizens won’t hand over the benefits of their lower taxes. Not only is it funny, but it’s perverted, and paints the perfect picture of the dependant class.

So poor people just don't pay enough into the system, so what's the solution?

A corporate tax cut is available for all citizens to take advantage of, rich, poor, male, female, and any ethnicity. So why should they give you their money?

That's not a solution either.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I did not see one of the usual talking heads discuss the fact that average wage growth from 2016-2017 is the highest in US history. I have said it several times and it's ignored.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I'm simply pointing out this keeps on happening, and it will keep on happening as long as the wealthy horde their wealth and the poor have nothing.

First of all, I take it from that comment that you prefer runaway inflation. That would hurt the poor pretty bad.

Second of all, what do you call the poor who do have something? Middle class. The poor will always have less than they need; that's the definition of poor.

TheRedneck

I'm not making the rules or applying the labels.

I'm pointing out that each and everytime the poor have nothing to lose it ends in bloodshed and a reset of sorts.

How it gets to that point and how the poor should have managed their money Yada Yada Yada is irrelevant, what is relevant if finding a solution so that it doesn't reach the point of chaos. Let's face it current trends look like chaos is likely not far off in our futures.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

I did not see one of the usual talking heads discuss the fact that average wage growth from 2016-2017 is the highest in US history. I have said it several times and it's ignored.

Have you factored in rising costs and the depreciating dollar value?

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

You actually expect the idiots who can't see past their own blind hatred to acknowledge facts that are inconvenient to their narrative? Le Resistance is clearly a modern day proctocracy... and has no time for factual statements.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Clearly the poor can't manage their money, no amount of shaming will change that. This system doesn't work for everyone, so either we make a system that does or we are destined to repeat history. I don't have a solution, wish I did.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I've heard that same paragraph so many times it's not even funny. Literally not a single original thought came from it. Is there one in your head though? If you do you haven't shown it in a very long while.

"Orange man good".

I think at this point if you are looking for any original thought from the Dem camp you're going to be left wanting. All I ever see is the same party line over and over. All while accusing others of being brainwashed. Lol.

The majority of left wing posters here are pretty much interchangeable.

FTFY.

Of course you think you did.

You would have to say that, wouldn't you.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Clearly the poor can't manage their money, no amount of shaming will change that. This system doesn't work for everyone, so either we make a system that does or we are destined to repeat history. I don't have a solution, wish I did.

Who is shaming anyone here? No me. I am stating how the system works, and how one needs to take the initiative for their OWN destiny. If they do not have the knowledge to do that, telling them "they didn't build that" is also not a really intelligent solution. Unless, of course, the goal is to create a generation of government dependent slaves that are not educated enough to advance their own situation.

How about making it mandatory to TEACH economics and how to manage money intelligently in the public school system? I guess that wasn't something might have considered beyond the "give them more $$$ from your own machinations" diatribe?

Self reliance and individual pride in one's own work has been decimated these past 8 years. I say let's build it back up, and educate the population on proper money management and that if you cannot afford a $1,000.00 new iPhone then don't $%#$%#$5 get one. It is not needed, a lesser device will suffice for a lot less $$$. As for those who don't even have that, how about educating them more about birth control and teaching them good parenting skills, and bring back home economics to schools?

Nah... That is too hard, just give them your stuff, it's easier to sell to them.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 05:35 PM
link   

I get what your saying, I actually agree to a point , I just think that expecting people in general to manage money is an uphill battle, people struggle with all sorts of addictions and problems and can't even manage simple life problems, that's what we have to work with and it ain't pretty.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   

I get what your saying, I actually agree to a point , I just think that expecting people in general to manage money is an uphill battle, people struggle with all sorts of addictions and problems and can't even manage simple life problems, that's what we have to work with and it ain't pretty.

And forcing others to hand over $$$ to babysit these people is not an answer either. But, education, that IS the answer. If I encountered a situation I didn't understand (like money management, I knew squat about it since my dad never graduated high school but worked 3 jobs) I took the initiative to learn it and teach myself. I went to, heaven forbid, a public library, for FREE. Yes, free educational materials on ANY subject under the sun. No Internet plan or expensive phone costing $$$ to access it at all.

This is my point. All that information STILL exists all over this country. Educate the ignorant of this fact. If they do not take it upon themselves to take advantage of all this that is available, then THEY have decided to be poor and ignorant. That is upon them, not me or anyone else. We do not have a rigid caste system in place in this country anymore. The son of a garbage worker can educate himself, and learn and work to become self sufficient and live a very comfortable life in the upper middle-class. I know, I $%#$% did it....since one of my dad's 3 jobs was just that, collecting and processing other people's ###.

There is no reason other than the individual's self worth to blame. And telling people "we can't" as has been the running commentary from the liberal leadership only propagates and worsens their plight....it creates generations of government dependents.....who are poor.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 05:59 PM
link   

I've learned over the years you can't help people who won't help themselves, the information is there for everyone to learn yes, but will they, I don't think so perhaps you have more faith in people than I do.
edit on 17-6-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 06:23 PM
link   

What does that have to do with whether money made it into people's pockets? The Dollar is not depreciating, it's the highest it's been since 9/11 happened. Inflation has also been pretty average. So your reasons why the largest wage increase in US history doesn't matter .. well .. your reasons don't matter.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 06:36 PM
link   

I've learned over the years you can't help people who won't help themselves, the information is there for everyone to learn yes, but will they, I don't think so perhaps you have more faith in people than I do.

That is the difference between my "can do" attitude and your "can't do" attitude.

This is why people fail....because they convince themselves they cannot do something before even trying.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   

I'm pointing out that each and everytime the poor have nothing to lose it ends in bloodshed and a reset of sorts.

Yes, it does. But even the poor in the US are wealthy compared to most of the planet. Let's face it; what we call "the poor" have cell phones, video games, and food to eat. If you really want to see poor, it exists; look in some of the lesser developed countries. People work all day for the equivalent of a dollar or two, barely enough to get enough food to eat. That food is not pre-packaged and processed... it is raw, and often contaminated. Their home has a dirt floor and if they're very, very lucky, has walls that actually keep the wind out.

I tend to liken the probability of a revolt, which is what you are talking about, to something like the French Revolution. Just before it started, Marie Antoinette was told the people had no bread. Not realizing that bread was all the people had to eat, she replied, "Then let them eat cake." Most had never tasted cake.

We were closer to that point, where people are actually going hungry enough to face starvation on a widespread basis, when Obama was in office and jobs were drying up at a record pace. That was the closest we have come to a revolt in recent times. The economy is thriving today, and there are jobs for the people to do that will pay for food. If there is a revolt today, it will not be out of desperation... it will be out of ideology. Antifa is still out there, and they will eventually revolt and be summarily destroyed. The biggest concern over that would be how long the police will stand down before engaging them when that happens.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

The left just changes the definitions of words so they can continue to increase government. Not enough poverty? Change what poverty means! Not enough racism? Change what racism means! Not enough hate crimes? Change what a hate crime is!

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 07:29 PM
link   

I've learned over the years you can't help people who won't help themselves

And that is exactly why we cannot have a system that "works for everyone." There are people who go through 3 or 4 clunker cars a year... they can't seem to take care of them, so they can't afford anything but a clunker. I retired my Riviera after 25 years... 25 years in the same car! The people I am speaking of would not have made it a year before it began to give problems and they couldn't begin to fix it.

Simply put, at some point people have to take responsibility for themselves. Every time I see someone down on their luck but still trying to pull themselves up by their bootstraps, I try to do everything I can to help them. If they're wallowing in their misfortune, just waiting in agony for someone to come and pull them out because they're too lazy or too (sorry to put it so bluntly, but...) stoopid, I don't feel the desire to give them the time of day.

I'm far from incompassionate... in my lifetime I have helped many people out of situations where they were stuck. Little of that has been returned; I have pulled myself up by my own bootstraps from literally nothing three times in my life so far. I had little help... in fact, two of those times I had people I knew who tried to keep me down. Suffice it to say I have given more to those in need in my one lifetime than I would imagine 100 progressives have combined. And I still am willing to help others as long as they try to help themselves.

But if they aren't going to try, I'm not going to carry them. And neither should you.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Leme throw some facts your way:

1) Connecticut has high taxes. your going to see more companies flee coastal states in droves, just like they are fleeing California.

2) For the past 6 years (until recently) I was a director in a call center. We made cuts as well, but it was because better dialer technology, better scripting, and better CRM software meant we didnt need as many people to do MORE work. Im willing to bet that this guy’s company is making cuts for the same reason.

3) Jobs numbers are at all time highs. You wont give him credit for that, but one guy loses his job and its Trump’s fault? Yep. Makes sense.

Night.
edit on 17-6-2019 by CaliMayh3m because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-6-2019 by CaliMayh3m because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: CaliMayh3m

Wouldnt the job growth have more to do with Fed policy really more than anything?

I meam if they didnt print money and create massive bubbles then how would any jobs have been create in the first place?

Whats who the president is really have to do with it?

Also if hes responsible for creating jobs hes responsible when they are lost as well

But as you say... the companies are the ones who truly define the job market

But anyway...

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Heres a summary of the level of intelligence here for any thread late comers

ORANGE MAM.BAD DURRR ECONOMY.BAD

Thats one side now..

TRUMP SAVE DUH PWANET DURREE #MAGA GOD KING DURR

save your time

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>