It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Simple Big Ideas Technology Can't Support.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 11:23 PM
link   
So ever had an idea that you new was a winner and thought this will change my life?

For me it was an App where all bifocal lenses would be loaded into a file then people who either didn't want to wear glasses anymore or simply lost theirs could just open the App find their lense type - load it then use their phone camera to read perfectly in focus for their eye condition.

The App company initially went wild for the idead but we soon found technology available in camera lenses could not support the many many zoom and focal points needed to create what in effect was artificial lenses,
apparently something majorically to do with lense bending etc.

Talk about a multi tens of million dollar idea goes beckoning - imagine how many people wear glasses in world, imagine how many people can't afford glasses and of course those who would load it just incase for emergencies? ????.

Any camera experts out their can find a solution or will i always be left wondering what could've been.

What a bummer!.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 11:46 PM
link   
People usually have different strengths on each eye, I do not think that the phone app could correct for that. Oh well, at least you tried.

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: CthruU
Would be funny. To have people walking around with cellphones strapped to there face because they lost there glasses.

Or maybe hey can use it like a monocle, you know like the monopoly guy. May come in handy for reading books or small print, you can likely make an app for that which just magnifies things or clears them up. But ya, I dont think cellphones would be able to do that for the range of different people with different eye sights.

I mean you can digitally enhance an image, but I dont think you can put different types of lenses in a phone for the likely thousands of different types of eye sight people might have. You would actually need a physical lens in there for each different type. Or something like a magnifying glass that can modify itself on the spot, which first if it exists, would be way to expensive and nobody but a few would buy it, and well would not work.

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

For sure, like me. I am left eye dominant, but right eye sees way better at distances and my left eye sees better at close range. Generally when I shoot my bow, I keep both eyes open and adjust, but If i want to really get on point at farther distances I would have to close one eye my right eye.

And well since my dominant eye the left is not as sharp at distances, it gets annoying. Also the more time you spend on things like looking at a computer screen or even reading things up close messes with that dramatically. But if you stop completely for about a few weeks, that is little phone and no PC and TV at all, it goes back to normal after a time and you can see far distances much better.

Right now have been spending way to much time online on PC, so anything past 70 yards is blurry. But if I cut it all out for weeks or months, I can see at 100 to 120 yads way way better. And then it goes back to #ty vision, as I get back to spending to much time on the PCs or videogames or even reading to much.

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU
So ever had an idea that you new was a winner and thought this will change my life?

For me it was an App where all bifocal lenses would be loaded into a file then people who either didn't want to wear glasses anymore or simply lost theirs could just open the App find their lense type - load it then use their phone camera to read perfectly in focus for their eye condition.

The App company initially went wild for the idead but we soon found technology available in camera lenses could not support the many many zoom and focal points needed to create what in effect was artificial lenses,
apparently something majorically to do with lense bending etc.

Talk about a multi tens of million dollar idea goes beckoning - imagine how many people wear glasses in world, imagine how many people can't afford glasses and of course those who would load it just incase for emergencies? ????.

Any camera experts out their can find a solution or will i always be left wondering what could've been.

What a bummer!.

How about a 'one size fits all' mega lens that has some sort of handle and is portable.

I call it the 'magnifying glass'.

My guess that even the non visually challenged could use it, say in conjunction with a Deerstalker hat and a Briar pipe, to solve conundrums? Eh, Watson?

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

Ha,ha,ha, very funny opening paragraph - Gr8 wrk, wasn't what i had in mind but yes my initial thought was that it would be useful on holidays orr something when glasses are usually lost and the need to read things become a necessity ie passports or airport signage etc.

Still laughing at the image of idiots walking around with it strapped to their face.
Fantastic sense of humour champ.

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
People usually have different strengths on each eye, I do not think that the phone app could correct for that. Oh well, at least you tried.

Yes, actually something i hadn't considered but in saying that these days some phones have dual cameras so brings it back to the old camera lenses cant support the flexing to shape mixed with the zoomage etc,
Problem is that they have to return to normal picture taking function when App closed for usual function so the lens would be constantly changing it's structure back and forth.

But still reckon in theory it's a winner. If only a lense wiz kid wanted a peice of the pie.

edit on 16-6-2019 by CthruU because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 02:02 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Kinda mehanical in nature. Non tech.

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 02:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU
a reply to: chr0naut

Kinda mehanical in nature. Non tech.

The batteries never go flat - ever!

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 07:26 AM
link   

I bet they could use a fly eye and just select eye cameras to use. Long way out idea and I am not a designer...

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Well it hit me reading your reply's.
Now we just zoOOM the words or pic.

Not the best I suppose.

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

Well it hit me reading your reply's.
Now we just zoOOM the words or pic.

Not the best I suppose.

Yes but not that simple normal lenses have a particular shape- nothing to do with zoom.

The camera lense would have to be capable of changing shape/size/focus/tint/ and reversal back to standard for picture taking. Literally 1000's of different combinations plus once your prescription type was loaded it would have to after closing App then reopen have instant recall memory to revert back to prescription setting etc etc.

Very complicated apparently.

But more so if achievable the camera/lens type sales in itself to phone companies and who knows who else would be worth big bucks as a side earner. Literally opening up a business capable of rivaling the big boys.

Making current phone lenses/cameras obsolete over night.

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I think I'm missing something here.

A camera focuses on an image and presents that image on a screen (or a print). It's either in focus or it's not. If it's not in focus then you have a blurry image...even to a person who wears glasses. In other words, if you show a blurry out of focus image to a person who wears glasses it's not going to suddenly be in focus if they take their glasses off. It's just going to be more blurry.

The lens has to exist between the object being observed and the eye. The 'object' being observed in this case is a screen on a phone or a camera, so the lens has to be between that and the eye.

ETA - I must admit though, the mental picture of a person with two cell phones strapped to their face IS pretty hilarious!! LOL!!
edit on 6/16/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

The camera itself becomes the eye thus the need for a flexible shape shifting lense, the projection onto say the phone screen is as per the human eye would see the image with standard type glasses so therefore the phone screen would now show image in focus to the looker who has loaded their particular prescription type.

Then of course when App closed it would need to revert back to standard type camera.

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 08:13 AM
link   
The camera replaces the need to use your retina to focus is what I think FCD is saying.

I can take off my glasses and read the fine print by blowing up the pic.
Pixel quality.
edit on 16-6-2019 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

I bet they could use a fly eye and just select eye cameras to use. Long way out idea and I am not a designer...

Or, a person could just wear glasses....hmmmm sounds too simple.

I am experimenting, when I eat some liver my eyes focus better. Is it the retinoids in the liver, or just that they contain high amounts of vitamins and minerals? Don't know, I do not mind liver once a month, consuming about a pound of it once in a month helps me focus. I used to have to wear glasses, then I altered my diet and quit eating all the junk food and started taking a multi-mineral and occasionally eat liver or braunsweiser. Organic liver is best I read. I do not need glasses anymore, I can read the paper and can see well at distances now. Can I tell you what helped? no. I do take a b complex vitamin about twice a week too, that helps a bit too. The one I take has methyl folate and methylcobalamin and P-5-P B6 in it, from my research and genetic data that is supposed to be the best for me and it does make me feel better. But that is not what helped my vision, I was only taking the Multimineral pills daily and I boosted my salt consumption a bit and started the liver occasionally and it got so I do not need glasses. But remember, I do eat more homemade soups and more homemade foods. I do get problems seeing if I eat that highly processed food for days, but I can eat ham and bacon and peperoni and stuff and it does not effect my eyesight.

So, what actually makes my eyes work correctly? The B complex does not work for that, I tried vitamin A and eat more carrots, but that does not help. Something in the liver helps and I do not know what, there is lots of food chemistry in beef liver, it could be a combination too. I am happy that I do not have to go to the eye doctor or wear glasses anymore, who the hell cares exactly what helps, like I said, I kind of like liver and now I do not like all that highly mixed spiced food chemistry.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Couldn't you just do it all software side, without the need for a different lens. Basically run the input from the camera through a software lens that gives out what a pair of glasses would for the correction.

Basically you would rely on the cellphone's processing power to display the effect that different lenses would have, no extra hardware needed.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: dubiousatworst
Couldn't you just do it all software side, without the need for a different lens. Basically run the input from the camera through a software lens that gives out what a pair of glasses would for the correction.

Basically you would rely on the cellphone's processing power to display the effect that different lenses would have, no extra hardware needed.

Apparently not the engineering analysis people said it definitely required a lens technology that to date could not be supported for reasons mentioned. All individual prescriptions have a different lense shape etc.

They loved the idea they new it in theory was a winner, they kept me on a hook for about 8 mths investigating the duplication of normal glasses type lenses in a digital manner. It is impossible without re-inventing the camera lense due to complex concave/convex shapes, tints etc. Very complicated.

But they convinced me to shelve it while they look deeper into the problem.
edit on 18-6-2019 by CthruU because: (no reason given)

join