It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judgment of God as justice.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

The sad part is that science is the only way of attaining any credibility in that world.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Out6of9Balance

We should not concern ourselves with attaining credibility in this world. Our only aim should be to attain credibility with God. More than not, they are opposite sides of the coin. One appeases our ego, the other appeases God. That is our free choice,

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 08:07 PM
link   

God judges the soul. Man is responsible for judging the actions according to the law, the law being God's law.

Jaden

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 08:08 PM
link   

No not science, adherng to the scientific paradigm which is rarely based on science

Jaden
edit on 15-6-2019 by Masterjaden because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Objective morality exists. Some souls on this level can feel and logically understand it even if they do not know all the variables. In eastern philosophy there is the karma yogi.

3 “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

The human body is equipped with WIFI implemented thru entanglement. The third eye is real. You can connect to divine (symbiotic) or demonic (ego predatory). I would advice building up self awareness before opening the third eye sensors to much. Some souls have ended up in insane asylum because they where overwhelmed.

The one who seeks objective knowledge will gain objective knowledge.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Don't forget, that the all-mighty, created everything including the selfish ego-brain and god doesn't make any any mistakes.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Actually, yes, you do surrender to God in walking with Him. That is what you are aiming for, but no one is perfect at it. Sin is going against God.

And just who get's to tell you, or do you have the freedom to decide for yourself, just what "is going against God"?

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 08:43 PM
link   

a reply to: Woodcarver

That's just blind ignorance and it comes in all types, even secular/atheist. You know that. Even the Bible says the rain falls on everyone. It is what it is.

Science is really good at explaining how things are the way they are, but not so good at the philosophical whys.

REALLY - name calling is your only defense?

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 08:51 PM
link   

That's just blind ignorance and it comes in all types, even secular/atheist. You know that. Even the Bible says the rain falls on everyone. It is what it is.

Science is really good at explaining how things are the way they are, but not so good at the philosophical whys.
blind ignorance is believing in something that there is no reason to believe in. Case in point, everybody who believes in a theory of god that you disagree with.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Actually, yes, you do surrender to God in walking with Him. That is what you are aiming for, but no one is perfect at it. Sin is going against God.

Define “going against god”

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle
Objective morality exists. Some souls on this level can feel and logically understand it even if they do not know all the variables. In eastern philosophy there is the karma yogi.

3 “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4 How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

The human body is equipped with WIFI implemented thru entanglement. The third eye is real. You can connect to divine (symbiotic) or demonic (ego predatory). I would advice building up self awareness before opening the third eye sensors to much. Some souls have ended up in insane asylum because they where overwhelmed.

I can easily demonstrate that objective morality does not exist by pointing out that not everybody agrees on what is moral and what is unacceptable or immoral.

Some people vehemently oppose abortion while others believe it is an acceptable option.

Some people agree with capital punishment, while others oppose it.

Some people think women should cover themselves and cut out their lady parts, while others find this abhorrent.

The idea of objective morality is easily dismissed with simple observation and what i would have thought was common sense.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: glend
a reply to: ketsuko

Up until I was 18, I was as agnostic as woodcarver. So understand his stance very well. He is realist that wants undeniable proof of spirituality before accepting it's even possible. Words written in books from people long ago isn't scientific proof of anything.

So I don't see woodcarver as ignorant or wrong. The question "can science discover God" may one day be answered. Einstein's spooky action at a distance suggests that everything is connected. There is proof that consciousness and quantum mechanics are somehow linked. These avenues will be explored further by science. They may one day realise that the author of all scientific equations is God (or not).

So its a different path, We cannot say its the wrong path. We can only accept his ridicule by acknowledging that God has made different paths for each one of us.

Nice post.

The difficulty is that a supreme being can only be 'proved' to an individual through subjective experience, which is wholly valid proof for an individual. However, there is no objective standard to prove any such supernatural being.

I've come to believe in a 'supra-natural' spiritual component to 'existance' and have proven this sufficiently for my needs. However, I don't claim (or try to force) anyone else into my belief nor do I denigrate those for believing in different 'supernatural' forces (except sometimes - my bad).

We call this (es) thing(s) of the spiritual realm 'super-natural' or 'supra-natural' mostly because we can't measure them. We can measure "spooking action at a distanct" and so it is fact that we are connected - perhaps in both the physical and spirtual realm, as I believe - or not depending on your own personal and subjective belief system.

Do I think there is a 'creator god' with a specific plan for each and everyone of us - No. But I do believe that 'creation', if you will, provides us with something more and connects us - Yes.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle

the human body has never been demonstrated to do any of this. You are making this up and you have no way to support what you are saying. Did you think nobody would call you out on this?

Why would you make a claim that you cannot support in any way?

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

"The third eye is real."

The eye is not something that must be opened or something we can point too. It is something that must be realised.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

Hold on now. Why would you accept a notion that you cannot demonstrate to anyone else? Shouldn’t your acceptance of such an idea rely on it’s demonstrability to others?

Otherwise, any belief, no matter how absurd, is justifiable, and any disagreement can be written off by claiming “my subjective reality”

Your worldview and your philosophy can be subjective but any description of reality should only include objective facts.
edit on 15-6-2019 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 09:28 PM
link   

One can be aware of the same thing within someone else is aware of and can accept that way what the other is saying without any demonstrable scientific evidence, but just by taking his word on it.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 09:59 PM
link   

"However, there is no objective standard to prove any such supernatural being. "

The observer effect in quantum mechanics tells us that experiential results can change depending on whether or not we choose to measure properties of particles (to know), Question is, what makes the decision to change the results. The universe or us. Either way it does point to 'supra-natural' component to existence. And that definition is what some people define as God.

The man in the sky God that was given to the uneducated masses was something for them to relate too. Its highly likely that our minds have the capacity to conceive the qualities of such a Creator (as given in Genesis). So we can only assume from our experiences with supra-natural who or what God means to us at a personal level.

Everything else (spiritual path etc) is noise.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 11:09 PM
link   

"Define “going against god”

Being primarily a Buddhist I see sin as karma. Hell as reincarnation. Christianity used guilt (original sin) and fear (hell) to try defeat egoism. I try use words that relate to all religions.

But God has different meanings to different people, Personally I see God as it relates to me. And that is my seat of consciousness, If I allow my brain to continually keep my seat of consciousness in the past and future (thus lost in egoistic thoughts of the mind) I am rejecting living in the now, The very nature of turning my seat of consciousness to the now is altruistic, being one with nature, being one with God [insert your own defintion].

So by my definition anyone can be with God regardless if they religious or not.

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: glend
Would that mean we surrender completely to God making no judgment whatsoever?

Early Christianity believed in reincarnation, I suspect judgement into hell might really be considered reincarnation (disguised as hell for good reason). This adapts well with eastern mythology concerning karma. If we continue to desire things we will reincarnate until we realise that all desires are empty of real everlasting joy,

Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out. (Rev 3:12 AV)

That’s just so dumb and wrong
Being “born again” is a spiritual birth, not a physical birth, it means to be born into Christ’s kingdom not a new spirit
Jews didn’t believe in an afterlife, those church fathers quoted are not scripture but opinion, just so wrong and irrelevant to Christianity

God does not deal in karma, christianity abhors such evil, Jesus loves and forgives unconditionally if He is requested to do so
Karma is evil and punitive, offers no hope at all, it’s poison and condemning, dumb western notions of karma are foolish

Jesus said we should desire a relationship with each other and God, you do not understand Christianity or those eastern faiths you think you know

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

Hold on now. Why would you accept a notion that you cannot demonstrate to anyone else? Shouldn’t your acceptance of such an idea rely on it’s demonstrability to others?

Otherwise, any belief, no matter how absurd, is justifiable, and any disagreement can be written off by claiming “my subjective reality”

Your worldview and your philosophy can be subjective but any description of reality should only include objective facts.

So let’s discuss evolution
Use science, you talk big but offer nothing

I like objective facts, let’s play Woodie

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join