It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lucky Discoveries That Made People Rich. Wow!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Some absolutely amazing finds! Now why couldn't I have this kind of luck? Check it out and let me know what you think. Do you have a favorite pick?

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I like the gold nugget!

Nice video, thanks for posting it.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

I like the Anglo Saxon gold items.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I have found lots of strange carved stone things on my land, once I figured that Indians did not just make arrow heads, I started to find all sorts of ground and flaked stuff. None that are really worth that much though, which is good, if they were worth a lot, the wife would want me to sell them to buy a new Cadillac.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

I wonder why so many people are hung up on gold, I actually like the color of copper much more than the color of gold.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Love the idea of finding a masterpiece in a dusty old attic.

Seems like the narrator and the guy putting the video together weren't in the same office.
At 7:22: they start to describe the Jersey-Iron-Age-Coins, from the Island of Jersey, while the vid shows the state of New-Jersey.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Haha!

I think it's awesome to find items from the past, whether they are worth much or not. Still...I could use a little luck like the people in the vid. I would share with others.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

I wonder why so many people are hung up on gold, I actually like the color of copper much more than the color of gold.

It's not that it's gold, it the detailed craftsmanship of the items that I love.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Haha!

I think it's awesome to find items from the past, whether they are worth much or not. Still...I could use a little luck like the people in the vid. I would share with others.

I showed my rocks to hundreds of people, I got my opinion on what the people who made them made them to represent. Most people saw they were shaped, but my Avatar, most people could not agree on what it was, kids saw a bunny, others saw an indian head, others saw salamanders and many saw a puppy. I guess a person sees what they know. It was really fun discovering that people see things so differently. I see how they all see what they see, that wide variation I got from showing it opened my eyes to how people see things so differently.

Only one person saw a skull, you cannot see it appropriately in the pictures I took, it looks much more apparent seeing it in person.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Cool thread! That is one awesomely opulent Opal!!!

Being an antiques collector/dealer I have run across things that have made me a handsome profit, but none as much as the lucky people in the video! Be it on a beach, the woods, an old dusty attic or a resale shop, it is always fun an exhilarating to hunt for the ultimate treasure. You never know what you will find!

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 08:29 PM
link   
That ship with pirate's gold, wow, that's one hell of a find!

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Yeah, I always wondered what the hell that thing in your avatar was. LOL People do indeed see things differently.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Inconceivable

I loved the opal too!!! I collect gems, crystals and rocks. I also love to go to second hand stores, antique shops or yard sales. You never know what you might find.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: LoneCloudHopper2

I know!!! And it was in Cape Cod in Mass. I have been to Cape Cod a number of times, but I have no luck. LOL

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Because it hardly oxidizes if at all, preserving its original condition better than copper.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Yeah, I always wondered what the hell that thing in your avatar was. LOL People do indeed see things differently.

Got a link on my wall. Now my picture in the Avatar makes it look so big but that is just the way I took the picture of it. Here is a link to the link. Notice the scratch marks where they attempted to make the foot or whatever it is. files.abovetopsecret.com... I wonder if they used rocks to grind the shape?

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Certainly an interest item. Have you ever had maybe a historian that might know more about it?

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 04:19 AM
link   
I'd just spent ages writing a reply on my phone, opened another tab to upload images then came back here, only for the page to refresh and scrap the post I'd written.

So, my apologies, I'll keep this short and sweet, lol.

This is with reference to #3 on the video @ 7:21, the Jersey Celtic coin hoard

Myself and a mate were new members of a local metal detectorists club, and we'd all meet in the pub down the hill every week to discuss our finds. We met two guys when we joined, who told us about this treasure that they were looking for and invited us along to detect their field with them.

Thing is, my Dad had already taken me on wild goose chases as a kid looking for supposed treasure, come rain or shine, and we never found a thing. Those who go in search of treasure very rarely find it.

Also, I had fields and beaches much closer to me, so why bother?

Fast forward a few weeks, and these guys who offered for us to detect their field, Reg Mead and Richard Miles, turned up for our weekly pint with a small, very pretty, very detailed, and very old looking silver coin.

We were among the very first people in thousands of years to lay eyes on this coin, let alone hold it.

They'd done it, these two nutters who spent 30 years searching the same couple of fields, had just found the largest Celtic coin hoard in World history.

There was gold in 'them coins,

Some background info here - Jersey Heritage

I still kick myself.

ETA, incidentally my mates old house can be seen in the image on the video at 7:31, it's the Bulwark in St Aubin, best surf and turf in the Channel Islands down there (Bergeracs old local, The Old Courthouse, stop by sometime it's great lol)

edit on 16/6/2019 by MerkabaTribeEntity because: ETA

edit on 16/6/2019 by MerkabaTribeEntity because: Eta

edit on 16/6/2019 by MerkabaTribeEntity because: Thought it was the biggest Celtic hoard in European history, amended to reflect the fact that it's the largest found in the World

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity

OMG, I'd be kicking myself too! Wow!!!! What an amazing find!

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 06:02 PM
link   

a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity

OMG, I'd be kicking myself too! Wow!!!! What an amazing find!

I have few regrets in life, but not accepting their offer is one of the bigger ones.

When we were all shown the coin, no one else in the wider public knew, and the field was under police guard.

Fast forward a few days, and there was an international media circus lol.

I'd have loved just one of those coins for my box of treasures 🙂

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join