It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A.G. William Barr Declines to Prosecute an Asst FBI Director Who Committed Federal Crimes.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I am not suspecting barr to be deep state, it is OP, Carewemust that raised this issue, this question.In light of that I am questioning Care's continuing faith in Trump's abilities.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

For me, one of the interesting things I have come to think about from your observation above is just how much what you say is exactly what many of them will and do say about anyone who even questions the wisdom of Trump. It interests me, this mental divide. When they use this as a tool of discussion it makes me wonder about my own ability to percieve, to evaluate, to ponder what is happening to us all. However from postings here I have seen little if any recognition of this conundrum.
Do you see what I'm getting at here? So many just seem to have no ability to even consider that what they claim to see in others could even be part of how they are themselves. You know, the old mote in one eye and the log in ones own.

Part of this I think may be the manner in which they extrapolate into absurdity following head over heels into negative descriptive poems about their opponents. They seem invested in one upmanship,or rather one downmanship. An interesting reversal of how this is how they like to describe what they think to be their opponents view of them. For instance how so many like to say that liberals sum up Trump as ''orange man bad''. They seem to live in a world of cliche both in how they see others and believe that others see them.

Bt the more they demonize those who disagree with them the harder it gets to even consider those same human traits in themselves. Again from Biblical reference I can smell the old slogan '' the hardening of the hearts'' here.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I'm guessing that so many people have committed these types of offenses for so long that they couldn't possible prosecute them all. I'm betting that the DOJ is going after the big offenses committed by the big fish and letting the other offenses slide. As far as we know, the DAD has been caught doing much worse and the DOJ will choose to pick the sure thing that will put him away longer than what others may consider "petty" offenses.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I can't just let you off by calling me dramatic. You present a plethora of dramatic post on a daily basis.

Also, when you're attempting to clean up corruption, it takes special people. I can understand frequent firings, and resignations. If the hired person doesn't have the rare qualities that are needed, try someone else.

This is reasonable and I as well can see this point of view. However one of the reasons I was drawn to the potential value of a Trump presidency was that he sold himself to be a man of high caliber, a man with business connections of the highest order. Did he not? Yes he did.

My short lived hope that he could do what he promised was based upon what he so blatant claims of superiority. That ''he, and only he could clean up the mess we have ourselves in.

But he is not who he said he was. He has demonstrated over and over again in the last two years that he does not have those connections he promised us. Likewise he has demonstrated that he does not have the skills to find them as per the constant people he has relieved of duty.

You suggested that you at least have the capacity to ''smell'' the possibility that Barr is not what you hope him to be. My only point in this thread was why do you not seem able to even open your nose a bit further and sniff out Trump in the same manner.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 04:06 PM
link   
The answer lies in a list of all FBI Deputy Assistant Directors in the timeframe in question.

😎🚿

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Troubling indeed. I wonder what is going on behind the scenes.

They're finding out its all a crock?

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
June 14, 2019

This is troubling! Attorney General William Barr (DOJ) declined to prosecute an (unnamed) top FBI official who broke several Federal Laws.

For all we know, this could be former FBI official Andrew McCabe, whom the Office of Inspector General (OIG) began investigating late 2017. After the below report was issued, McCabe began appearing on TV (CNN) once again...defending the FBI and bashing President Trump.

Here is the Inspector General's (Michael Horowitz) summary of findings:

May 29, 2019

Findings of Misconduct by an FBI Deputy Assistant Director for Unauthorized Contacts with the Media, Disclosing Law Enforcement and Other Sensitive Information to the Media, and Accepting a Gift from the Media

The Department of Justice (DOJ), Office of the Inspector General (OIG) initiated this investigation upon the receipt of information from the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), alleging that a then FBI Deputy Assistant Director (DAD) had numerous contacts with members of the media in violation of FBI policy.

Additionally, it was alleged that the DAD may have disclosed law enforcement or other sensitive information to the media without authorization.

This matter is among the OIG investigations referenced on page 430 of the OIG’s Review of Allegations Regarding Various Actions by the Department and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) in Advance of the 2016 Election (June 2018; www.justice.gov... ).

The OIG investigation concluded that the DAD engaged in misconduct when the DAD: (1) disclosed to the media the existence of information that had been filed under seal in federal court, in violation of 18 USC § 401, Contempt of Court; (2) provided without authorization FBI law enforcement sensitive information to reporters on multiple occasions; and (3) had dozens of official contacts with the media without authorization, in violation of FBI policy.

The OIG also found that the DAD engaged in misconduct when the DAD accepted a ticket, valued at approximately $225, to attend a media-sponsored dinner, as a gift from a member of the media, in violation of federal regulations and FBI policy.

Prosecution of the DAD was declined.

The OIG has completed this investigation and is providing this report to the FBI for appropriate action.
Unless otherwise noted, the OIG applies the preponderance of the evidence standard in determining whether Department of Justice (DOJ) personnel have committed misconduct.
Online PDF Version here: oig.justice.gov...

Democrats, the Mainstream Media, and RINOs fear that Attorney General Barr's team of prosecutors and the Inspector General is coming for them.

Trump supporters are encouraged by Bill Barr's public statements, and the assigning of Federal Prosecutor John Durham to investigate alleged Spygate crimes, spearheaded by President Obama's administration.

BUT...if he is willing to let an Assistant FBI Director off the hook after numerous crimes are proven, what are the odds that he will indict a former FBI Director ( James Comey), CIA Director (John Brennan), Director of National Intelligence (James Clapper), or a former First Lady/Secretary of State (Hillary Clinton), even if it's determined that they broke Federal Laws?

Perhaps Attorney General William Barr also deep-state "protect our own", since he rose through government ranks in the same environment as the aforementioned individuals. I pray that this isn't the case! But if it is, government needs to be shut-down, wiped, and rebooted. (IMO)

-CareWeMust

Numerous crimes weren't proven.

Look at the 4 examples of misconduct listed in the OIG statement:
1) Possible violation of 18 USC 401, Contempt of Court
2) Unauthorized release of sensitive FBI information to the press
3) Unauthorized contacts with the press
4) Acceptance of a $225 dinner ticket

Items 2 through 4 are not violations of the law, they are violations of FBI policy or US Government policy in general (taking of gifts). As such they are not prosecutable in the courts. The normal set of procedures for punishing violations of agency policy includes letters of reprimand, reduction in pay, demotion, or ultimately, firing. McCabe was fired a couple of days before his retirement date, so he was already punished to the max for items 2 through 4.

Item 1, Contempt of Court, is potentially punishable by the Court in which the contempt happened. The final details on this particular finding have not been released by the DOJ yet, so we can’t really know, but I believe the Court case that item 1 refers to is the Michael Flynn case. Specifically, I think McCabe was a witness in the Grand Jury hearings in the Flynn case. All the participants in a Grand Jury proceeding are supposed to keep all the proceedings confidential, but according to the OIG, McCabe leaked some information from those proceedings to the press. If that happened, that could be considered a civil contempt matter, not a criminal contempt matter, and the judge could have imposed a civil contempt sanction on McCabe (assuming that the judge was convinced that McCabe was the leaker, at the time). However, liability for civil contempt charges ends when the matter being investigated is resolved. Since Flynn’s case is resolved except for the sentencing, a civil Contempt of Court finding in this case is moot. That’s probably why the DOJ declined to prosecute.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 06:06 PM
link   
The courts are finding against him. His own appointed federal watchdog agency of the Special Counsels office says Kellyanne Conway must be fired, now this.

It seems things are not quite pulling together as expected.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Pretty sure trump was aware of the relationship before he appointed Barr and that he was okay with it.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

That's exactly what the media and Trump are doing in my opinion, they are "hardening the hearts" of people. On one hand the media's coverage and Trump's actions have a certain part of the population being galvanized against Trump and his supporters, on the other hand the media's biased coverage and Trump's actions also galvanizes Trump's supporters in the opposite direction.

The two sides are being played against each other like always. We're so caught up in the drama that we fail to recognize that the media and Trump are like Palpatine and are persuading us to hate each other. Their propaganda is a double-edged sword and cuts both ways. It's been a very effective strategy so far, unfortunately.
edit on 6/15/2019 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Revisionist history again.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

or..... now just bear with me here.... or...... she was innocent and there was nothing to lock her up for.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Things are going exactly as planned. I think you're just as gullible as the people you butt heads with every day on here. You're just as invested in the charade as any Trump supporter is. Stop being manipulated.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Except for anyone that isnt completely self-deluded, and has been paying attention, knows that isnt the case.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
Troubling indeed. I wonder what is going on behind the scenes...
He may have "spilled the beans" and got a deal

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Small Fish in a Big Pond . He Wants to Catch that Monster " Fish " to Seal his Legacy as a Premiere Upholder of the Law for Posterity . Renown Indeed .........

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Unless there was a trial the IG did not prove anything. He made allegations. He cannot declare anyone guilty of anything.
Don't be absurd.
It's funny that the only reason used to fire him was that he was not forthcoming? Doesnt sound like a lock him up kind of thing.
edit on 6152019 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Yeah .... they didnt do anything wrong. Most innocent people do.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

He doesn't.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Yeah that went well didn't it? Fun to visit the never come true hopes of the past.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join