It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top mayor sues over Trump's sanctuary city order, calls it unconstitutional

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 10:00 PM
link   
The Blaze

The mayor of Seattle says that President Donald Trump's order against sanctuary cities is unconstitutional, and he's suing over the city's right to disobey federal immigration authorities.

Seattle is a sanctuary city. This lawsuit is going nowhere. The supremacy clause speaks here.

Just when you thought leftist theatrics couldn't get any funnier.

Thanks for the laughs, Seattle.

EDIT:

I used old news and didn't catch it. Apologies for any misleading I may have done.
edit on 14 6 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Wait, what?

Fighting against anti-constitutional laws is now unconstitutional?

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Mayor Ed Murray a real winner OK he has RIGHTS !! 💥🤣💥

Seattle Mayor Ed Murray resigns after fifth child sex-abuse allegation (September 2017)

Former foster son sues ex-Mayor Ed Murray and Seattle; says he and others were defamed once they claimed child sex abuse (May 2018)

His wiki

Child sexual abuse allegations

Five people have accused Murray of sexual abuse. In April 2017, a lawsuit against Murray claimed that Murray "raped and molested" a teenager in 1986, paying cash for sex to a high-school dropout addicted to crack-coc aine. Two other men made similar allegations in 2007, including a foster son who said Murray sexually assaulted him in 1984 while he was a teenager. He also spoke with a child welfare investigator and detective at the time, and persuaded the investigator that Murray had sexually abused him; however, no charges were filed.

Through a spokesman, Murray denied the allegations, describing them as falsehoods intented to prevent his re-election. Later, Murray's lawyer stated that Murray had undergone a medical examination that disproved a claim about his genitals, arguing the lawsuit should be dropped.

On September 12, 2017, Murray's cousin accused him of sexual abuse when the two teens shared a bedroom in the mid-1970's. Later that day, Murray denied the new allegation, and announced his resignation, effective the next day.

After his resignation, Amnesty International asked the Police Service of Northern Ireland to open an investigation into Murray's 1974 trip to Belfast and Wales, which involved chaperoning 30 Catholic and Protestant children.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I'm lost, is he trying to get trump to bus more illegals into his city?

What do the residents think of that, what do the police think?

I seem to recall seeing a news video the other day where the police were expressing their desire for citizens to vote out dems and untie their hands so they could enforce laws.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

That is freakin' amazing.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Wait, what?

Fighting against anti-constitutional laws is now unconstitutional?

I got a better one lol, they're suing so they can continue to commit a crime :-) it's like, excuse me judge, I have to sue the police department here because they won't let me keep robbing banks.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 6/14.2019 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Yep.

The west coast is a 1 party dictatorship right now.

Hopefully people wake up and end the Progressive cancer.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: xuenchen

That is freakin' amazing.

Someone needs to make those clown stickers so us non TDS people can signal to others that we are normal.

ETA: Not so much for those of us outside the usual 30 to 40 mile "ring of hell" that is the major urban/capital city of our state, but for those poor unfortunate souls that are not infected but live within the ring of insanity.
edit on 14-6-2019 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 10:24 PM
link   

I just want to place them neatly on all the cars with Bernout and I'm With Her bumper stickers.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 10:25 PM
link   

I just want to place them neatly on all the cars with Bernout and I'm With Her bumper stickers.

All that would do is drive more traffic to snopes. Which in turn would give them more ad revenue.

In a way, you'd be "part of the problem".

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 10:26 PM
link   

I'm ok with that.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Snopes: "Is the random application of a clown sticker on my car a sign that I am in a predominantly white supremacist/nationalist/alt right community."

Snopes answer: True, this internet meme is a result of wide spread and majority rule of evil supppremmmacists. If you see ANY smoke rising on the horizon, it is NOT steam, but smoke coming from the concentration camps of neo nazis. Please flee to the nearest tech capital in a neighboring state. When you see vast tent cities of homeless people, you'll know when you are safe.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Slow night? Your link is from March 29, 2017.

In the meantime:

Federal Judge Rules Trump's Sanctuary Cities Order Unconstitutional blogs.findlaw.com...

In a case of the cities of Portland and Seattle against President Trump, U.S. District Judge Richard Jones in the Western District of Washington relied on the Ninth Circuit's decision in finding "it would be unconstitutional for Executive Branch agencies to withhold appropriated funds from plaintiffs Cities of Seattle and Portland pursuant to Section 9(a) of the Executive Order."

And...

A federal judge has ruled in favor of Portland and Seattle in a case against President Trump's executive order barring sanctuary cities from receiving federal funds.

The ruling Wednesday by Western District of Washington Judge Richard A. Jones follows an opinion from the Ninth U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in August that rendered unconstitutional a section of Trump's executive order declaring sanctuary cities ineligible for federal grants.
www.oregonlive.com...

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Nothing wrong with reposting old news and framing it as being current in an attempt to instill outrage.

He's just using the CNN news model.

He should have a prime time show.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Good catch. I totally missed it.

Egg on face it is.
edit on 14 6 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 10:46 PM
link   

a reply to: Sookiechacha

Good catch. I totally missed it.

Egg of face it is.

You would want egg on your face, and not a plant based eco safe egg substitute. You meat eating fascist.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I lived in Tacoma, WA, back in the early 90s, and visited Seattle often. It was a beautiful city, 30 years ago.

We visited Seattle a few years ago, and it is NOT the city I remember... and, it's only gotten worse since then...

The liberals/progressives have destroyed this city, just as they have with San Francisco, Los Angeles, Portland, Detroit, Chicago, New York, Baltimore, D.C. and Philadelphia.

Let him sue. The liberals are on their way out, it is only a matter of time...

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150
I lived in Tacoma, WA, back in the early 90s, and visited Seattle often. It was a beautiful city, 30 years ago.

We visited Seattle a few years ago, and it is NOT the city I remember... and, it's only gotten worse since then...

The liberals/progressives have destroyed this city, just as they have with San Francisco, Los Angeles, Portland, Detroit, Chicago, New York, Baltimore, D.C. and Philadelphia.

Let him sue. The liberals are on their way out, it is only a matter of time...

They probably are on their way out, sadly it's going to get much worse before it "bottoms out" and is forced into a state of neutrality. Ridding an area of rabid ideology(from either side of the spectrum) requires some pretty dirty work.

Nothing wrong with slow, logical based, progress. It's the rapid movements that build "pressure" and result in a mechanism to bleed off excess pressure.

It won't be pretty, but it is REQUIRED to keep the balance in check.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 10:53 PM
link   
And plenty others are banning sanctuary cities in their state. Put it to a vote of the people. That way we know where to send the tuberculosis infested scum of the Earth.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 10:57 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join