It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Learn how to drive.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I drive a fairly large truck for work with a canopy on the back. I have limited visibility directly behind me. For this reason I always back into a parking space. I also have a tracker in the truck since it is company property. That means I can't just whip out a K-turn burning rubber like some small testicled men do.

So slowly backing into a space to make sure I'm not running over someone's lazy azz cat gives everyone else the message to do what? Yes, to attempt to sneak past me before I complete my maneuver. As if! If someone is clearly backing in you DO NOT get free passage. You sit your azz there and wait the 10 extra seconds it takes.

Kind of the same concept of azzholery, but it's far worse in my opinion because of the sheer stupidity and ignoranze, is when I have to stop in an alley or residential road because someone (usually kids) is trying to cross or whatever. Yes, I yield to pedestrians. I don't flatten them. It's so quaint, I know. Car behind me immediately thinks it's time to get in the opposite lane (as in other cars are coming from that direction) and ZOOM!

I blast my horn until they realize they are about to fuxing hit someone. People pizz me off so much grrrrrr
God forbid they hit someone and cause severe injury just because they can't take a simple cue from the traffic around them. But nope memememememememe EFFFFFF YOUUUUUU

edit on 14-6-2019 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

edit on Tue Jun 18 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: inappropriate title edited by staff

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Every once in awhile... the opportunity presents itself...

...when you catch up to that guy, and you have a 2 pound booger begging to be harvested.

One perfect flick, and you catch the lower part of the windshield, right in the middle...

...like a racing stripe of phlegm, as the wind carries it up the glass...

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

I save mine for the people who park in handicapped spaces with no tags.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Those idiots! I can understand you being angry. I would be too! Screw them. Karma is a bitch!

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

I save mine for the people who park in handicapped spaces with no tags.

I have a handicap tag, and it's just a nuisance when those spaces are taken.

I can hobble my a$$ to the door.

Nearly running over a pedestrian... that deserves a giant booger flinging. Snotzy dive bombers.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I see the complete and udder disregard for shared space every day, it's how I know most people are always lying. If you would take such advantage in a meaningless situation with so little to gain and so much to lo(o)se it stands to reason your going to do worse in high pressure situations.

Most people are morally defunct unfortunately. It's a symptom of the nature of society. You cant be truly principaled and exist in a communal enviroment. The whole existence of communal living is to create ease of life, what's easier than cheating it? Instead of holding ourselves and our peers accountable we've decided lying to each other to make ourselves feel better is the best recourse.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLead
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

I see the complete and udder disregard for shared space every day, it's how I know most people are always lying. If you would take such advantage in a meaningless situation with so little to gain and so much to lo(o)se it stands to reason your going to do worse in high pressure situations.

Most people are morally defunct unfortunately. It's a symptom of the nature of society. You cant be truly principaled and exist in a communal enviroment. The whole existence of communal living is to create ease of life, what's easier than cheating it? Instead of holding ourselves and our peers accountable we've decided lying to each other to make ourselves feel better is the best recourse.

Here's an idea... most people are NOT morally defunct. Most people are normal... many people are graceful, the rest are douche-bags.

You can be principled, in a normal environment... you can be principled in extreme environments... or, you can be a douche-bag anywhere...

It's a question of character... you do the right thing, or, you don't...
edit on 14-6-2019 by madmac5150 because: Clarity

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150

So how do I know if I'm just getting salty and old?

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 10:24 PM
link   

So how do I know if I'm just getting salty and old?

You tell me, brother... and we'll both know...

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Normal because we've accepted less than we define ourselves as to function and feel importance in a societal enviroment. I dont believe in gender fluidity but I do believe in character fluidity and it exist in all of man due to internal chemistry and environmental forces.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLead

Normal because we've accepted less than we define ourselves as to function and feel importance in a societal enviroment. I dont believe in gender fluidity but I do believe in character fluidity and it exist in all of man due to internal chemistry and environmental forces.

Carry this one thought with you, every day...

Societal norms, and psycho-babble aside, it's very easy... 4 little words...

Don't be an a$$hole.

How wonderful would this world be, if we all lived by those four words??
edit on 15-6-2019 by madmac5150 because: QUACK!

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Don't be an a$$hole.

So that booger toss, is that a backhand flick or more like throwing a fastball?

edit on 14-6-2019 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Don't be an a$$hole.

Think Randy Johnson, and his wicked inside slider...

(Yes, I see the irony... an a$$hole move, would be to get on his left rear fender, get him loose, then crush him into the wall... no SAFER barriers on the Interstate...)
edit on 14-6-2019 by madmac5150 because: Yarr

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Don't be an a$$hole.

Was going to cite Nolan Ryan but weren't sure if you would get the reference

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Don't be an a$$hole.

Was going to cite Nolan Ryan but weren't sure if you would get the reference

I never got to see Nolan Ryan pitch. I saw Randy pitch twice. (Once at Chase Field, once at Tucson Electric Park)

With a wicked freeway booger, I'd trust Randy's slider...
edit on 14-6-2019 by madmac5150 because: Meh

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I usually try to avoid traffic and go a few miles over the speed limit to keep traffic away and moving. I only use the passing lane when I'm passing someone. I hate when people are riding my azz and Im going 10 - 15 over the speed limit. Using my windshield wiper fluids for a few seconds spraying the car behind me usually does the job and they back off real quick! You should try it some time

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 07:48 AM
link   

I'm not, now if everybody else would get on board we would decrease the power of the ruling class. Any and every little negative action towards each other gives them purpose and power.

Thats kinda what I have been gettin at about us going back to the conservative philosophy of holding ourselves and peers accountable. Peoples ego will never let it happen. Its evidenced every day by the "innocent" actions of people that convince themselves they are more important than the person they are cutting off. I'm telling you the only difference between the people you like and the people you dislike is most often circumstance. All negative actions are wrong, it's all the same action over and over just in different forms and different variable expression.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alchemst7
I usually try to avoid traffic and go a few miles over the speed limit to keep traffic away and moving. I only use the passing lane when I'm passing someone. I hate when people are riding my azz and Im going 10 - 15 over the speed limit. Using my windshield wiper fluids for a few seconds spraying the car behind me usually does the job and they back off real quick! You should try it some time

This!

I commute every day, and the thing I hate is when I go to the passing lane to pass someone and out of nowhere, some idiot comes blasting up behind me to ride my tailpipe while I'm going around someone. It never fails, and it's not like I'm not going 5 or so above the speed limit already myself.

After 20 years of it, I'm so well trained to speed up a little more while passing that the only time I've ever been pulled over was because I came over a hill a bit sped up to pass a car, then slowed, and the cop radared me. I think it confused him, but he pulled me over anyhow and lectured me about a crack on my windshield before letting me go.

(post by NarcolepticBuddha removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)
(post by NarcolepticBuddha removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

top topics

join