It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bacon Apocalypse

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Hog hell forced up retail inflation in China last month as pork prices surged by 18% on the back of an African swine fever epidemic in the world’s second-largest economy.

Asia Times Article

Here's one from 2 days ago, if that helps...

I was more concerned about the spread of the disease, however...

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: FlukeSkywalker

Huh, that's weird. Must be you. I don't dream about sex often, and when I do, it has nothing at all to do with eating bacon because I eat bacon far more often than I dream about sex. What are you? 18?

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Bacon threads usually get lots of stars and flags. Some make it to the front page they do so well.

I just felt like posting a thread that wasn't political because it's Friday night and wanted to have fun.

Which is why I was being kinda tongue in cheek about the topic.

Stars and flags I will start worrying about when I can buy a nice pair of shoes with them.

edit on 14-6-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: rickymouse
Bacon threads usually get lots of stars and flags. Some make it to the front page they do so well.

Stars and flags I will start worrying about when I can buy a nice pair of shoes with them.

Here ya go:

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

That's just so wrong it's funny.

Also not what I would consider a nice pair of shoes... no heels on them.

Speaking of, I need to take your advice and PM DB real quick...

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Never liked bacon, I should be okay.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

Never liked bacon, I should be okay.

If you never liked bacon, then by definition you are not OK.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Glad I don't eat meat

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I can see certain groups purposely spreading this to remove this "unclean" animal from the menu...

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Namdru

The solution to this, and bird flu, and Bovine Spongiform Encephalitis, and brain lesions associated with Alzheimer's, and world hunger is ... don't eat meat, eat other sources of protein. It's really that simple. Never mind the humanitarian questions about treatment of animals. The meat business is an environmental disaster and a major hazard to human health, similar to tobacco and alcohol, but far more insidious.

I'm not sure this correlates (meat/alzhiemers). I had a family member who didn't eat much meat and they got it. I think we can find correlations to so many things relating to diet if we really want to draw the connection - that it is hard to tell when they are actually causal.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

Exactly, one of the clients I had last year had serious alzhiemers and he lived his life as a strict vegan. So yeah, the not eating meat means no alzhiemers is complete bull#.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Understand that you would know about it, what with some of your wonderful prepping threads that we have enjoyed over the years.

Don't have much of anything that would be considered a survival kit, or bug-out bag, let-alone a place.
Mostly just dream about it.
Have a lot of doubt about my being able to manage a homestead, like you do.

Have been considering buying some land, but the outskirts here are thickly settled, and in any direction, two-hours away might be cottage-country, but lotsa folks settled there as well.

Have been advised not to live downwind from a pig-farm.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

So as a meat cutter who works with pork...where the heck can I find femurs? Trying to find the dang things all over the place here in NC and just can't.

On the topic of the thread, I like my Tonkotsu ramen way to much, and yes bacon. I was over in the UAE for business once, they had beef bacon...it was extraordinarily unsatisfying. So yeah I would lose a big portion of my preferred diet, hopefully they can come up with a vaccine quickly. To say nothing of the potential leap to humans.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

Exactly, one of the clients I had last year had serious alzhiemers and he lived his life as a strict vegan. So yeah, the not eating meat means no alzhiemers is complete bull#.

I personally think that a big part of Alzheimer's is environmental and how you prepare your food.

Let's not look at meat and instead look at aluminum, for instance...

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 09:06 PM
link   

I personally think that a big part of Alzheimer's is environmental and how you prepare your food.

I was just going to say that. Thats why we switched to stainless (until we find out that that is killing us) I also think that perhaps the fact that we are literally bathing in EM energy from WiFi, bluetooth, cell signals etc may be influencing things as well

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: FredT

I was just going to say that. Thats why we switched to stainless (until we find out that that is killing us) I also think that perhaps the fact that we are literally bathing in EM energy from WiFi, bluetooth, cell signals etc may be influencing things as well

Aluminum exposure also includes antacids, antiperspirants and... drinking water.

Several meta-analyses examined the association between aluminum levels in drinking water and dementia risk, and the evidence is mixed and inconclusive. The only high-quality study involved almost 4,000 older adults in southwest France (the PAQUID study). It found that levels of aluminum consumption in drinking water in excess of 0.1 mg/day were associated with a doubling of dementia risk and a 3-fold increase in Alzheimer's risk.

Alzheimer's Drug Discovery

So environment is a big issue... smog is another thing I think about.

Which is why I live in the country and my water is from a deep well.

edit on 14-6-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 09:28 PM
link   

So this is how they win.

Going after our sweet and tasty metaphors.

Damn you China.

Damn you to hell.

edit on 14-6-2019 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Hypntick

We go through Western Box, they have femurs.

I bet the virus starts showing up in the wild boar population first if it makes it's way here.

link   

It is not 1 million but 300 million pigs they have destroyed or more pigs dead than the USA produces in a total year.

Also the virus does not need a pig to be transmitted; some pig by product like bacon bits or dried pig skins can transmit it..

Thanks for posting this as it has been going on for sometime already.. Many in Asia predominately eat, fish, chicken and Pig unless it is a Muslim country. S&F

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

It is not 1 million but 300 million pigs they have destroyed or more pigs dead than the USA produces in a total year.

Also the virus does not need a pig to be transmitted; some pig by product like bacon bits or dried pig skins can transmit it..

Thanks for posting this as it has been going on for sometime already.. Many in Asia predominately eat, fish, chicken and Pig unless it is a Muslim country. S&F

The transmission is what bothered me... like how they can hang out in a frozen carcass for YEARS and still be going.

It's a super virus.

It's phuchin scary.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join