It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When our UFO Granddaddy Kenneth Arnold's secret 'Cat Came Out Of The Bag'

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: ConfusedBrit

Great read mate, seems he was also of the opinion (at one point anyway) that there may have been a marine connection to UFO origin:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bf5848dbb7b9.jpg[/atsimg]

originally posted by: alldaylong

Arnold was a bit late to the game.

Quite a number of disc shaped UFO reports here mate - dating back way before Arnold's sighting.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Here are two articles by yours truly on the little-known aspects of the founding father of UFOlogy:

Examining Kenneth Arnold's mystical beliefs:
UFOs, Kenneth Arnold and the American Bible

Arnold on UFOs as Living Creatures:
Charles Fort, Ken Arnold & Space Animal UFOs

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Angels are of various kinds and made of light, they are described as terrifying (not cute) and even they cannot look directly upon god. Seraphim, Cherubim, Archangel, Angels

Daniel 10:5-6 gives a vivid description of an angel that hArchangele saw: “I looked up and there before me was a man dressed in linen, with a belt of fine gold from Uphaz around his waist. His body was like topaz, his face like lightning, his eyes like flaming torches, his arms and legs like the gleam of burnished bronze, and his voice like the sound of a multitude.”

Read more: www.whatchristianswanttoknow.com...
Exadus
16 On the morning of the third day there was thunder and lightning. A cloud covered the mountain, and a very loud horn sounded. All the people among the tents shook with fear. 17 Then Moses brought the people from among the tents to meet God. They stood at the base of the mountain.
18 Mount Sinai was all in smoke because the Lord came down upon it in fire. Its smoke went up like the smoke of a stove. And the whole mountain shook.
19 The sound of the horn became louder and louder. Moses spoke, and God answered him with thunder. 20 Then the Lord came down upon Mount Sinai, to the top of the mountain. The Lord called Moses to the top of the mountain, and he went up. 21 Then the Lord said to Moses, “Go down and tell the people not to break through to look at the Lord. For then many of them would be destroyed.
22 Have the religious leaders who come near to the Lord set themselves apart to be holy. Or the Lord will go against them.” 23 Moses said to the Lord, “The people cannot come up to Mount Sinai. For You told us, ‘Set places around the mountain that must not be passed, and set it apart as holy.’”

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Nice thread CB, thanks for bringing this fascinating interview to our attention

I liked this particularly...

They pulsated with blue/white light from the center of their surfaces similar to the rhythm and beating of our own human hearts.  So there you have it.  That is why my father believed they were alive, absolutely.  It was this reality that the pulsating light from the centre of their surfaces was similar to the beating of our human hearts.

and this...

In 1951, near Mt Lassen, California, he filmed two' objects racing under his plane, mantra-ray in shape, with rippling wings, one of which was transparent in nature, the other very solid.

as well as this...

This convinced him that they had the ability to change their density…he described it once trying to justify this unique ability like jelly fish in the oceans.

Did anyone else think that the radar images of the Tic-Tac looked a little like a Sting-ray at times?

Perhaps a manta-like creature with puffa-fish abilities, somewhat gelatinous in density?

I am also somewhat intrigued by his daughter's association or framing of events, including the death of her mother, with the Hiroshima and Nagasaki Atom Bombs. I was reading an academic paper earlier in the week and it stated that in the six months following Arnold's initial sighting that there were a further 850 sightings reported in the US alone. I am not sure how accurate that is, but even so, that's quite the cluster. Could there be a relationship with the bombs? Simple cause and effect, and that given the Nimitz incident, and claims of there being many more such similiar ones, that these creatures believe that the US represents a system wide threat that needs monitoring closely. Or just a delayed consequence of the fall out pushing them into new territories.

Or aliens. Or drones.

Good stuff. Thanks again.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Yes and the have been called salamander elementals before then.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: KilgoreTrout
Nice thread CB, thanks for bringing this fascinating interview to our attention

(I'm reading the latest replies first and working backwards - just felt like it, lol; do others sometimes do this?)

Thanks, KT. It was nice to discover another angle to dear 'ole Ken's tale. His early work as arguably the first ever UFO investigator is also worth exploring in previous ATS threads.

Did anyone else think that the radar images of the Tic-Tac looked a little like a Sting-ray at times?

Perhaps a manta-like creature with puffa-fish abilities, somewhat gelatinous in density?

As opposed to a 'Mantra' of course; I should have spotted that goof. The notion of Ken's 'craft' being living, breathing earthly creatures of unknown origin has always fascinated me; it has a delicious Lovecraftian flavour. His own hardcore-Woo idea of transport vehicles for human spirits is a bit harder to swallow, of course, but at least it's original!

Could there be a relationship with the bombs? Simple cause and effect, and that given the Nimitz incident, and claims of there being many more such similiar ones, that these creatures believe that the US represents a system wide threat that needs monitoring closely.

As I said in the OP, extraterrestrial involvement was the last thing on Ken's mind as well as the world media at the time of the incident; that would slowly develop over the next few years, so Russian spy vehicles were understandably a major INSTANT concern after 55 million dead by the end of WWII, less than two years earlier.

The aforementioned more earthly (albeit still 'other-earthly') Lovecraftian notion of human self-destruction attracting the attention of advanced and long-established beings existing 'around us' in a manner we cannot possibly conceive, is much sexier, though!

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: CardDown
Here are two articles by yours truly on the little-known aspects of the founding father of UFOlogy:

Examining Kenneth Arnold's mystical beliefs:
UFOs, Kenneth Arnold and the American Bible

Arnold on UFOs as Living Creatures:
Charles Fort, Ken Arnold & Space Animal UFOs

Thanks very much for those links to your hard work, CardDown.

I'll fetch a hot cuppa and settle down for a tantalising read.

originally posted by: karl 12
Quite a number of disc shaped UFO reports here mate - dating back way before Arnold's sighting.

Yes, I remember that thread, and recommend others get stuck into it, too.

It's often forgotten that Arnold described a 'saucer' shape in his initial report, overshadowed by the legend of the press misreporting his words and creating the term for such sightings themselves.

An example of a truth becoming a myth (in the negative sense of the word) and then becoming truth again. If you knowaddamean.

edit on 15-6-2019 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: ConfusedBrit
As opposed to a 'Mantra' of course; I should have spotted that goof. The notion of Ken's 'craft' being living, breathing earthly creatures of unknown origin has always fascinated me; it has a delicious Lovecraftian flavour. His own hardcore-Woo idea of transport vehicles for human spirits is a bit harder to swallow, of course, but at least it's original!

I was too excited, I didn't even notice your typo.

I like the idea of a living craft too. It could be some form of symbiotic relationship. Lovecraft doesn't do it for me, I'm thinking more, Studio Ghibli.

As I said in the OP, extraterrestrial involvement was the last thing on Ken's mind as well as the world media at the time of the incident; that would slowly develop over the next few years, so Russian spy vehicles were understandably a major INSTANT concern after 55 million dead by the end of WWII, less than two years earlier.

Yep, the war must have had a very strange effect on the US being as they were largely removed from it.

The increase in commercial flights, due to the increase in trained pilots coming back from the war arena, most likely contributed to some of those 850 UFO reports. I suppose in some ways it could be akin to a collective neurosis. Land invasion is unlikely, so the threat is perceived as coming from above and this seems to find particular resonance with the types of Christianity that have developed in the US, such as the Seventh Day Adventists.

The aforementioned more earthly (albeit still 'other-earthly') Lovecraftian notion of human self-destruction attracting the attention of advanced and long-established beings existing 'around us' in a manner we cannot possibly conceive, is much sexier, though!

Isn't it though?

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 02:04 AM
link   

I know knowaddamean my friend and when it comes to Ken's comments about UFOs appearing to be organic there's a pretty relevant interview below with Scott Deschaine.

See 15:00

UFOs - The Living Sky

Was also put in mind of this object description given by 'flabbergasted' UFO sceptic pilot Captain W. J. Hull back in November, 1956.

"Just after this exchange, the object began to maneuver. It darted hither and yon, rising and falling in undulating flight, making sharper turns than any known aircraft, sometimes changing direction 90 degrees in an instant. All the while the color remained constant, a brilliant blue-white, and the object did not grow or lessen in size. Macintosh and I sat there completely flabbergasted at this unnerving exhibition..

Right at this moment the strange light began another series of crazy gyrations, lazy 8's, square chandellea, all the while weaving through the air with a sort of rythmic, undulating cadence, the likes of which neither Pete nor I had ever seen. Then, apparently content at the consternation which it had wrought, the object shot out ever the Gulf of Mexico, rising at the most breathtaking angle and at such a fantastic speed that it diminished rapidly to a pinpoint and was swallowed up in the night.

Full

originally posted by: KilgoreTrout

I was reading an academic paper earlier in the week and it stated that in the six months following Arnold's initial sighting that there were a further 850 sightings reported in the US alone.

Don't know if you've seen it mate but there's some very interesting newspaper archives and free Ebook report listings found in this thread.

edit on 16-6-2019 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 02:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: karl 12
Don't know if you've seen it mate but there's some very interesting newspaper archives and free Ebook report listings found in this thread.

I don't think I have. I will check it out.

Thanks

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 02:29 AM
link   
This talk about UFOs being biological in nature is a bit unnerving.

IMHO, it only reinforces the notion that we are simply "Food" on this rock, much like algea that grows on rocks and other organisms eat that, maybe the increase in sightings is being paralled by our population numbers.
At a certain threshold, some will began to "feed" giving rise to media reports on increased abductions.

Then the big fish come in, this guys can sweep whole cities and consume much more biological matter. If we have cyclic decreases in our population over the course of human history, perhaps not all of it is the result of natural disasters, or can Living UFO creatures eating humans be at such a scale and thus impossible to inflict damage or change, could we still call it a natural disaster....

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Parabolic wing UFOs.Now where have I heard of them.

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

If some of what we see are "living" I wouldn't--necessarily--think we're food for them, Arnie. Their "solid" state wouldn't seem to be their natural state. Plasma has been proffered in relation to this topic and it is an intriguing proposition imo.

Bohm, a leading expert in twentieth century plasma physics, observed in amazement that once electrons were in plasma, they stopped behaving like individuals and started behaving as if they were a part of a larger and interconnected whole. Although the individual movements of each electron appeared to be random, vast numbers of electrons were able to produce collective effects that were surprisingly well organized and appeared to behave like a life form.

The plasma constantly regenerated itself and enclosed impurities in a wall in the same way that a biological organism, like the unicellular amoeba, might encase a foreign substance in a cyst. So amazed was Bohm by these life-like qualities that he later remarked that he frequently had the impression that the electron sea was "alive" and that plasma possessed some of the traits of living things.

The debate on the existence of plasma-based life forms has been going on for more than 20 years ever since some models showed that plasma can mimic the functions of a primitive cell...

This is not the first time in recent years that plasma life forms have been studied. In 2003 physicists; Erzilia Lozneanu and Mircea Sanduloviciu of Cuza University, Romania, described in their research paper Minimal Cell System created in Laboratory by Self-Organization (published in Chaos, Solitons & Fractals, volume 18, page 335), how they created plasma spheres in the laboratory that can grow, replicate and communicate - fulfilling most of the traditional requirements for biological cells. They are convinced that these plasma spheres offer a radically new explanation of how life began and proposed that they were precursors to biological evolution.

The researchers studied environmental conditions similar to those that existed on the Earth before life began, when the planet was enveloped in electric storms that caused ionized gases to form in the atmosphere. They inserted two electrodes into a chamber containing a low-temperature polarized plasma of argon - a gas in which some of the atoms have been split into negatively-charged electrons and positively-charged ions. They applied a high voltage to the electrodes, producing an arc of energy that bolted across the gap between them, like a miniature lightning strike. Sanduloviciu says this electric spark caused a high concentration of ions and electrons to accumulate at the positively charged electrode, which spontaneously formed spheres. The evolved sphere appears as a stable, self-confined, layered, luminous and nearly spherical body - much like the "orbs" described in the paranormal literature and discussed below. The amount of energy in the initial spark governed their size and lifespan. Sanduloviciu grew spheres from a few micrometers to up to three centimeters in diameter.

Lozneanu and Sanduloviciu describe a rhythmic "inhalation" of the nucleus which mimics the breathing process of living systems and results in pulsations. The spheres could replicate by splitting into two. Under the right conditions they grew bigger, taking up neutral argon atoms and splitting them into ions and electrons to replenish their boundary layers. Finally, they could communicate information by emitting electromagnetic energy, making the atoms within other spheres vibrate at a particular frequency. "This is no different from the vibrating diaphragm in a telephone which enables information to be communicated from one point to another,"

Article Source: EzineArticles.com...

source
edit on 16-6-2019 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Twinkle, twinkle little star, how I really wonder what the fudge you are.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
I think if we could sufficiently explore the outer reaches of our own solar system we'd find it populated with various space animals. Creatures who live in the vacuum of space like fish live in water.

Probably plasma based. Who's to say that what we know of as life is the only type of life there is?

Where is your evidence for this extreme claim?

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: 4891morfih

originally posted by: underwerks
I think if we could sufficiently explore the outer reaches of our own solar system we'd find it populated with various space animals. Creatures who live in the vacuum of space like fish live in water.

Probably plasma based. Who's to say that what we know of as life is the only type of life there is?

I have always been frustrated when scientists say if there is no water on a planet there can be no life.

Why is that necessarily true? It seems a bit closed minded.

Because that's not what they say or mean. There's no life "as we know it" without carbon+water. Which is 100% true.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   
You're welcome Kilgore - Ivan T Sanderson also engaged in a bit of speculation about organic UFOs and this book is well worth a read if you see it in a charity shop.

..ahead of its time by many many years, Sanderson compiles diverse hypothesis of the ETI and UFO phenomena, reading the book more than forty years later one just can be amazed on how actual and interesting his perceptions were at the time, they remain actual and precise, it is a pleasure to follow his reasoning all along and to tell graciously a few of the UFO examinations he was present or had some involvement. Interesting also he was giving credit to the research of James Trevor Constable, who perceived a new living form that inhabits our atmosphere and inner space and is just perceived using infra-red devices. It is a great read, quite amazing book.

www.amazon.co.uk...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

a reply to: The GUT

Really interesting article Gut.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Very old Manga

youtu.be...
edit on 29-6-2019 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

"I can guarantee with almost complete certainty
that should you ask” who are you?” The response
will be “we are you”

I got the T-shirt.

posted on Nov, 9 2020 @ 11:26 AM
link   

By the by.. really excellent post!

When I was researching Arnold, I'd been looking for links