It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Special counsel tells Trump to fire Kellyanne Conway over Hatch Act violations

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

There are people in this thread that don't understand why the Hatch Act exists in the first place, and as far as spirit of the law is concerned, Kellyanne did nothing wrong.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Well he's not gonna fire her. She's part of the reason he won the election so now it's her turn, again, to get pounced on by the left even if it means trying to find something on her that they're guilty of. They're running out of targets.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I read the actual report, and not the media spin (either side) and as I understand the Hatch Act, she has violated it on numerous occasions as documented in the report. If the president sees fit to ask her to step down, I would support that based upon my understanding of the Hatch Act.
Report to the President re Kelly Anne Conway Hatch Act (PDF)

However, if the Democratic Party is willing to follow this through, since it does fall under "By Any Means Necessary" to get back at Trump for beating their shining chosen one, then I say, have at it. I will guarantee you if she is let go from her official position as Counselor or the President, it will resonate with both the Independents and Conservatives as a glaring example of TDS revenge politics. It will negatively affect their chances at winning the presidential election come 2020. As more close scrutiny of House Democrats for Hatch Act violations will ensue for years to come.

edit on 6/14/2019 by Krakatoa because: fixed spelling errors

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   

I can't wait for the tell-all book to come out so all the people defending her in this thread can tell us how they haven't trusted her since day one.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

How much you wanna bet Kellyanne is gone within the next four weeks?

Considering your perfect record of being wrong on all things political always, I am going to assume she will leave in 2024.

Thanks for the prediction!

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Well, I think they should go after a lot of Democratic congressmen who are violating the hatch act, Conway is just trying to smooth out the chaos the media is generating, chaos full of information that is taken out of context or purposely twisted to make the White House look bad.

I am glad that Trump did not listen to this guy and ruin his own staff. How come that Henry guy did not mention the Democratic congressmen and women who's actions far outweigh any actions of Conway? Oh, just ignore the actions of Democrats that are guilty of this in this thread....I see.

I am guessing that if the White house does follow this recommendation, it will set precidence to be used in court to remove many Democratic congressmen. Beware, this could be a setup against the Democratic party.
edit on 14-6-2019 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Republicans only care about law and order when it has to do with Democrats.

Just look at the pea-brained responses in this thread. Whatever laws are broken by Republicans are ok because "Democrats". That's it. That's the entirety of their justification.

And everyone seems to be too stupid to see why that is wrong.

But then again, what else is to be expected from the party of Donald Trump.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Can you imagine the absolute outrage if a demb. violated the hatch act. The trumpkins would go all reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
edit on 14-6-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Can you imagine if this was a Democrat and the Left acted like the Right in this case. The Right would be all like, ""Reeeeeee.""
edit on 6/14/2019 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Hatch Act is constantly violated by both sides. It's a joke of a law that even when violated turns into warnings and extended legal fights that amount to nothing but smear campaigns. Nobody cares about the Hatch Act. Willing to bet just about everyone in Congress has violated it at some point to include their staff.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

This guy thinks she did. He already reported her twice already.
Personally I think she wants out.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Yeah...

its not the left but a scratched record will keep repeating.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Its not the democrats.
Its the office of special counsel. ( not Robert Muellers special counsel) who was appointed by trump who is making this request. It has nothing to do with the democrats.
Time to turn off the partisanship because it doesnt belong in this argument.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Democrats see their ship going down and are starting to panic. This is nothing compared to what they will do next year, as the election gets closer and indictments are being dealt out to crooks on their side.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Oh for sure. It does not take much to go from the top of the heap to the schitte list. One word against herr trump and you're out.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

what is that buzzing noise?

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Well this went exactly as expected.
This has nothing to do with the election.
This has nothing to do with the democrats.
You all have a one track mind.
Its the democrats, its the democrats, its the democrats, itsthedemocrats, itsthedemocrats, itsthedemocratsitsthedemocratsitshtedemocratsitsthedemocrats....

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Special counsel tells Trump to fire Kellyanne Conway over Hatch Act violations

The government’s chief political watchdog said Thursday that White House adviser Kellyanne Conway has “repeatedly” broken the Hatch Act by mixing politics with official government business, and told President Trump to fire her. Special Counsel Henry J. Kerner, who polices federal employees’ politicking, said Mrs. Conway’s “disregard” for the law is palpable and wouldn’t be tolerated in any regular federal employee. But since Mrs. Conway is a presidential appointee at the White House, it’s up to him to discipline her

What was her snarky little answer? " Let me know when the jail time begins."

Everyone in the administration has the same disregard for federal laws.
Its a free for all.

Edited to add source

“Never has OSC had to issue multiple reports to the president concerning Hatch Act violations by the same individual,” he wrote. “OSC respectfully requests that Mrs. Conway be held to the same standards as all other federal employees and, as such, you find removal from federal service to be the appropriate disciplinary action.”

So CNN invites her on one of their shows. Some host asks her a question about Democrat candidate A,B or C. If she answers the questions, she is guilty of "THE HATCH ACT" right?

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

There are people who have not been alive long enough to understand how the world really operates.

Within the next 30 days Democrats will experience firsthand the punishment for being a hateful minority with no power.

I"m marking this date Care. That would be on or about July 14th. Correct?

So for the ATS record, just what do you think this firsthand punishment will be. Be specific as you seem so adamant and sure of your prediction. Just what is it that is coming down the pike to punish those Dems. Spell it out so that when the time comes we can all grovel at your prognostications.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Just so I understand this act, if let's say Nancy Pelosi accused president Trump of a cover up on national TV, then said she wants him in JAIL, that would be a clear violation of the Hatch Act? I only ask to I can be clear how and why Connway is guilty. (and as always, if you need help with the big words, just ask)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join