It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden off more than he can chew

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 05:59 AM
link   
It seems Creepy Uncle Joe has gone somewhere he shouldn't go... now he says if he is elected, he's going to cure cancer.

I mean, that's a noble cause, don't get me wrong. Cancer is, well, a cancer on society. It's a potentially fatal disease with no real cure. The part I am having trouble with is that Biden is not going to cure cancer... President or not! If there is a cure, it will be thanks to numerous researchers who, right now as we speak/type, are sitting in labs trying desperately to find ways to improve the likelihood of surviving this dreadful disease. I know UAH and UAB are doing joint research, and have made some serious strides in the understanding of how cancer works. Numerous research hospitals across the nation are working feverishly to develop methods and treatments to stop it. Who is President is not going to make that big a difference.

Congress might make a difference; Congress appropriates funds that can go to research.

Now, I know that Joe's boy died of cancer, and I give him much sympathy for that... no one should ever have to bury their child. But that's not really germane to the subject. He has promised something that he simply cannot possibly deliver on, building false hope for so many people across this nation... that does not deserve sympathy.

May we find a cure for cancer, quickly. Lord, guide the hands of those conducting research! But let's not bury ourselves in false hopes hung on those who are incapable... Joe, get your head together before you cause more pain... or get out until you can.

TheRedneck

+27 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Why didn't he cure cancer when he was VP for eight years?

Too busy feeling up little girls to give a crap?

+9 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Hummm I thought Nixon declared war on Cancer as did just about everyone with a microphone since. Billions of dollars spent in my lifetime and they are still using Chemo at $3750.00 (late 90s pricing) for a small bag of the poison.. Oh and another 350.00 just to sit in a chair and have a Nurse do the I.V.

IMO it is a racket and there probably already are many cures but "NO" we need to keep the present Chemo regime (and radiation) in force for as long as we can for MONEY's sake.

Joe Biden also said; " there was not a whisper of scandal in the eight years of Obama’s presidency" ! The whole 8 years of him and Obama was one scandal after another... Give me a break..

So IMO anything he might say is just hot air with little or no substance.

+18 more 
posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: SgtHamsandwich

He's only been in Washington for 40 years so he hasn't had time to fix anything but by god give him 4 more years and he'll fix everything......

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

He obviously has godlike powers!

If he can cure cancer (if elected) imagine the other possibilities.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Like 727Sky stated, Big Pharm has turned cancer treatment and cancer research into a racket, by over charging patients for treatments and drugs that cost a lot less than they claimed. It's all about "protecting the status quo, protecting the grant money trough, and above all, protecting the pharmaceutical cartels' monopoly." LINK TO QUOTE

As far as Biden biting off more than he can chew...it doesn't matter because he's a Democrat. If his promise never materializes, he'll do what all good Democrats do....spin and deflect.
edit on 6/14/2019 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 06:56 AM
link   
"If elected"?

That sounds like blackmail.

Also cancer will never be "cured".

Lame Joe. Lame.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 07:00 AM
link   

I think there are a lot of questions that could be asked of him about what he says he would do as president that when he was the VP and did nothing about anything.
I heard him talking about the kids in cages at the border but he forgot to mention that happened on his watch.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 07:10 AM
link   

It seems Creepy Uncle Joe has gone somewhere he shouldn't go... now he says if he is elected, he's going to cure cancer.

The cancer Maher was speaking about ?

Rhetorical question.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 07:18 AM
link   

As if we needed more evidence that this guy is an establishment bullsnip artist.

This is like a crappy B rate movie sequel.... "From the studio that brought you 'Hope and Change' ".

Giant Meteor 2020.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

LOL big Pharma will take care of Joe if he doesn't watch out, they prefer treatment to a cure. Watched my Dad go for treatments for 3 years every time he went the place rarely had an empty seat, milk as much as possible then move on to the next one. A cure shuts that all down, that isn't going to happen til there is no big Pharma, big Hospital and big Insurance. Catastrophic healthcare can't be a big business to succeed, it has to have the incentive to innovate,

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Why do you have to jump to such conclusions when the facts are we dont know the cure. Biden was doig his own research to help during those years.

Clearly if it weren't for bidens ongoing cancer research we wouldn't be able to conclude that you can't sniff the cancer out of little girls. He s doing his part so biden 2020 the cancer sniffer.
edit on 23630America/ChicagoFri, 14 Jun 2019 07:23:40 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

When my dad was taking my mom to her cancer treatments, "on and off for 10 yrs", he said the place reminded him of a stockyard where they ran the cattle through for slaughter.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 07:28 AM
link   

I like Biden. I think he will make a great president!

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Maybe you're right. The president in recent history have been defined as someone who sells lies to get votes.

He's already off to a great start.

edit on 14-6-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   
He may cure cancer, but you can't fix stupid.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 07:41 AM
link   
By it's very nature, cancer is highly individual. Any cure for it has to work from that angle. After all, cancer is a warping of your own genes. Sure, we can all get colon cancer, but your colon cancer is based on your genetics while my colon cancer is based on my genes.

For that reason, it's going to be very, very hard to get a magic bullet, not just for all people but for all types.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Al Gore invented the Internet .

So you never know .

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Someone that tells you to shoot through a door without knowing who it is.

Would not.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: ausername

He obviously has godlike powers!

If he can cure cancer (if elected) imagine the other possibilities.

after getting away with all the crap he pulled, He probably feels like he has Godlike powers. He’d have better luck banning the moon.

<<   2  3 >>

join