It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernie Sanders Proposes New Economic Bill of Rights

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Bernie has never held a real job. Knows exactly # about economics. But his commie ass wants to lecture America on economics.

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

"Sanders, like FDR, proposed an Economic Bill of Rights, including the rights to health care, affordable housing, education, a living wage and retirement."

My job is not easy at all. Sometimes heavy manual labor, safety risks of all kinds every day, and a lot of hours. I enjoy my job, it's very rewarding personally but if you give me the 'right' to health care, housing, retirement, and food, I'll never work a day ever again. I doubt even 5% of people in my field would come to work if we have this this Economic Bill of Rights.

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

Have YOU ever considered that maybe his motivation was not money and material things, but a desire to achieve personal success and his personal best and be able to provide for a family properly.

Believe it or not, those qualities mix very well with human brotherhood.

"Widows and orphans" should be cared for. That's a euphemism for people that cannot help themselves. If people are mentally or physically incapable of providing for themselves, we have strong safety nets for those folks in place.

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Got an example of this economic plan ever working out long term? Or is it just bs, theory and wishful thinking?

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 09:16 PM
link   

This is one of the reasons why Bernie would have beat Hillary in 2016, if Hillary wasn't an organized crime Godmother. Bernie had more people at one rally, than Hillary did in all of hers, combined.

Is Bernie Sanders generating the same enthusiasm and large rally numbers that he did in 2016? The news media is "all in" for Biden.

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Imagine if all of the brilliant minds in advertising, marketing, stock-markets and banking: would dedicate their intelligence, hard-work, and creativity, to the betterhood of mankind?

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Yes. Did, and often do consider those things.

My post was a response to the poster calling-out others for a disease.

Perhaps we could agree on a healthy balance, of caring for our loved-ones, and taking-care of all?

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 09:25 PM
link   

I so hope that you and your political belief system overtakes America.

Personally I'm tired of fighting Idiocracy as a road map for our future and I think we all should embrace it.

That way we can FINALLY collapse economically, the Federal government won't have the resources to contain what happens next and we just get it out of the way.

Just let history repeat itself. Let it get seared into the cultural psyche for generations.

That way after the Purge, the people that are left can start to rebuild without all the insanity.

Somewhere along the way Bernie will actually become famous.

We will build statues of him, Marx, Hitler, Lenin, Stalin, Pol Pot, Mao.

Just so that future generations will remember what doesn't work for a civilization.

Let's hope!

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin

Imagine if all of the brilliant minds in advertising, marketing, stock-markets and banking: would dedicate their intelligence, hard-work, and creativity, to the betterhood of mankind?
I don’t think they have “that” kind of smarts. Better to just give them all helicopter rides.

link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver
How much money does Geico spend on advertising every year. That money could be put directly back into peoples pockets. How much money does old spice spend on those funny commercials? Why does it cost millions of dollars to run A single ad during the Super Bowl? It certainly doesn’t cost that much to run that ad. This is how billionaires move their money around. This is how they buy favors from each other.

If Geico doesn't spend all that money advertising then nobody would know who they are. There are tens of thousands of insurance businesses across the country. Geico is a giant because of their ad budget.

The Super Bowl commercial is the ONLY time you can get 100 million+ people to see your ad. The window is 3 hours for the entire year. One of the draws of the game is the commercials specifically, and that NEVER happens. Commercials any other time of the year are undesired. If that time slot wasn't so valuable businesses wouldn't pay it. Simple supply and demand.

link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Trump is getting plenty of benefits from his presidency. He's got a religiously devout following that refuses to take off their rose-tinted glasses and he also has his name etched in history.

Also, I'm not sure how you can be so confident he isn't being compensated for his work when he refuses to release his tax returns. For all we know he's being paid bigly, especially seeing as he just gave the establishment a permanent tax cut.

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Trump is getting plenty of benefits from his presidency. He's got a religiously devout following that refuses to take off their rose-tinted glasses and he also has his name etched in history.

Also, I'm not sure how you can be so confident he isn't being compensated for his work when he refuses to release his tax returns. For all we know he's being paid bigly, especially seeing as he just gave the establishment a permanent tax cut.

Trump isn't USING the presidency to defraud every possible source of income and looting them blatantly like Hillary/Bill and Obama DID.

Just being president isn't going to hurt your financial portfolio, it's always going to help it no matter who the hell they are.
Imagine Bernie Sanders getting in there solely for the personal looting. I would bet a million bucks he is thinking about that every minute just like winning the lottery.

Perhaps if you took off your poop tinted glasses for a time, you could see the difference, and the truth.

edit on 13-6-2019 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: added word blatantly for accuracy in reporting factual history

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Everyone should be given a salary of 100,000 a year so we’ll all be equally prosperous.

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Poop-colored glasses? That's creative. Now let's discuss why Trump is selling weapons to blatantly corrupt and terroristic regimes or why Trump is also rewarding those who have been undermining our political process for decades with what amounts to political bribery?

I guess those things don't matter enough to think about even though they are clearly globalist/establishment moves? Seems that way.

Let's also discuss why Trump decided to have David Bossie run his campaign? Bossie is the president of Citizen's United, the same organization who fought for the establishment's right to pay our politicians unlimited amounts in campaign contributions anonymously? Why was he running on the platform that he couldn't be bought by special interests while at the same time having those same special interests' biggest advocate coordinating his campaign?

But then again anytime I bring these topics up Hillary and/or Obama are brought up to deflect from those blatantly globalist/establishment moves and ties that Trump has made.
edit on 6/13/2019 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 09:55 PM
link   

This is what a picture of the leader of a religiously devout following looks like...

Google Obama Halo for fun.

As for Trump and his Presidency... gives his salary to charity, has lost money since giving his businesses over to become President (which he didn't need to do but did it to avoid conflict) but is still going strong.

He did release his actual finances for the year 2018 btw, which is weird if you didn't notice it because even CNN reported it.

Trump's 2018 financials CNN

Much more detailed than a tax return.

I still get a giggle about his promise to release his tax records once he was done being audited...

He's a big enough corporate presence that somewhere in a Trump building is a satellite office of the IRS that audits him daily.

Forever.

I see you came back somewhat more sane then when you had the last ATS nervous breakdown... cudos for that.

Still not thinking straight tho.

Wish you well!!!!

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin

I don’t think they have “that” kind of smarts. Better to just give them all helicopter rides.

Well: maybe you're right.
What they may lack in "that kind of smarts", perhaps they make-up for in determination, or perhaps my words are lacking to represent their ability to work hard, and get things done.

Seems to me that humanity could benefit so much from that type of energy, yet now: it seems to be mostly usurped by corporate interests.

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

I'm not sure how Obama's religious following cancels out Trump's, but whatever helps you to sleep better at night I guess.

A financial report prepared and released by the White House is not the same as a tax return, I'm sure you already know that though. Your claim that the financial report he released is somehow more detailed than a tax return is bs. He gets to choose what we do or do not see in that report. Why is he so against releasing his tax returns if he's so willing to release this financial report? He doesn't have anything to hide, right?
edit on 6/13/2019 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 10:03 PM
link   

A financial report prepared and released by the White House House not the same as a tax return, I'm sure you know that though. Why is he so against releasing his tax returns if he's so willing to release this "financial report"? He doesn't have anything to hide, right?

Honestly, it's a lose-lose situation for him. The entire media would pick it apart, good or bad, and run smear stories for weeks. He's either a crook or he's bad at handling his money or he's dishonest about his success or he's too dumb to be paying that much in taxes or he's blah blah blah.

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: SouthernForkway26

How much money does Geico spend on advertising every year. That money could be put directly back into peoples pockets. How much money does old spice spend on those funny commercials? Why does it cost millions of dollars to run A single ad during the Super Bowl? It certainly doesn’t cost that much to run that ad. This is how billionaires move their money around. This is how they buy favors from each other.

If Geico doesn't spend all that money advertising then nobody would know who they are. There are tens of thousands of insurance businesses across the country. Geico is a giant because of their ad budget.

The Super Bowl commercial is the ONLY time you can get 100 million+ people to see your ad. The window is 3 hours for the entire year. One of the draws of the game is the commercials specifically, and that NEVER happens. Commercials any other time of the year are undesired. If that time slot wasn't so valuable businesses wouldn't pay it. Simple supply and demand.

The problem with that is, companies like geico are are owned by companies like berkshire hathaway, which is controlled by people like Warren Buffet. Here is a list of all of the insurance companies he owns. www.reference.com...

Here is the wiki of his company Berkshire hathaway

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Notice that it’s revenue income is $223 billion

And it’s yearly operating income is only 32 billion

That’s close to 190 billion in profit every year. I think car insurance could be a little cheaper.

Total assets is over $600 billion

There are only 7 billion people in the world.

I understand that he is just the majority share holder at 36%

Just sayin.
edit on 13-6-2019 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-6-2019 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine

A financial report prepared and released by the White House House not the same as a tax return, I'm sure you know that though. Why is he so against releasing his tax returns if he's so willing to release this "financial report"? He doesn't have anything to hide, right?

Honestly, it's a lose-lose situation for him. The entire media would pick it apart, good or bad, and run smear stories for weeks. He's either a crook or he's bad at handling his money or he's dishonest about his success or he's too dumb to be paying that much in taxes or he's blah blah blah.

Exactly. They will run the same play they used against Mitt Romney when he released his tax returns in 2012.

Trump will have some capital gains and it will be spun as him paying less percentage than a secretary to a ignorant public that doesn't understand taxes....

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join