It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scholar: Archaeology rebuffs effort to erase biblical Israel

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cibai
Byrd is one of the best, I love his writing. He is a kind of person who help others free from stupid bible and other religious dogma.
Ok, he is Flood Dude, he is no longer exclusive to bible.

She.....

But I agree, she is one of the best, and a great resource in this thread. A lot of people like to throw around various "facts", but it's extremely helpful to have an anthropologist who is fairly knowledgeable in the field jump in to referee this thing, and call the low blows.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Here is a page describing Egyptian names, included is Abraham, and Solomn.
home.austarnet.com.au...

"We do not know exactly when the Pharaoh Sheshi reigned in Egypt. He has been placed in both the 14th and 15th Dynasty's. Nigh on 400 Scarab Seals have been found bearing his name, from all over the Middle East. He had to be a King of great note. His throne name is written as 'Re M'ah ib ah' and usually translated as Maa'ibre. We only need transpose the 'Heart' glyph, 'Maa' to the end to get a name that would sound like 'Ibram'. In Genesis 17:5 his name is changed from Abram to Abraham. As Ralph Ellis points out in his book, "Jesus Last of the Pharaohs", it is most likely that some scribe read two of the glyphs separately instead of as one. The 'Statue Plinth' glyph and the 'Sickle' glyph both represent 'Maa' or 'Ma' sounds. Reading them separately would give us two letters 'M' and so a name more like 'Abramam' than 'Abram'. A scribe taking down a name being read out by somebody who was able to read the glyphs may then have taken it down in Hebrew as 'Abraham'. "

"............... At the same time they reversed the syllables when speaking and called their King, 'SalimAmen' and it was this name that found its way into the bible to become 'Salomon', then 'Solomon'."

There is lots of interesting info on the above page. It takes notice that Abram had quite a large army at his disposal. Do you really think that this would be so if he were merely a sheep herder?

Also note: THe name Abram = Brama. Elswhere there is suggestion that Abram was the same as Brama having migrated from India to Egypt, and then were called Hyksos, that they enslaved the Egyptians, not the other way around. When they pulled the "one god" act and tried to convert the Egyptians, they were driven out of Egypt. The Exodus was a forced eviction.

Also in the article is the Egyptian version of the "immaculate conception" , birth and adoration. Also a scene of the resurrection etc.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Meantime, it is concluded.

- Noah story was just a passing down story which has many similarity with Sumerians tablet about Gilgamesh. There are many records about great flood such as from Greek, Indian.
It is believed they all are the same flood, 1 flood. It is not concluded which one is the original yet.
If Sumerians is the 1st hand resource, then bible would be the 3rd hand resources.
Since they all have different main character name, then it is not known which name is the original. Mean time he is called The Flood Dude.
And scientists believe the flood could not be factual.
It is not a story written by god, IT IS A PASSING DOWN story and it is FICTION.

- Since bible is not a reliable source, the claim of Israel was passed down to Jews only could NOT be reliable.
Some claimed the land was promised to descendants of Abram, to Jews only, and it is not concluded if the land was also promised to Black Jews.

- It is true that Jews always win on Israel with the brute forces from America and British, the god promised land in bible is not necessarily true.

[edit on 8-8-2007 by Cibai]

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by OhZone
Here is a page describing Egyptian names, included is Abraham, and Solomn.

If it is true, then the whole bible is nothing than plagiarism. They took the story from pagans and made it into their own exclusive religion text book and to claim Israel with wars.

Those who are not Jews shouldn't go to churches no more, shouldn't pay tribute no more to support no more wars of Israel.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
The flood story is obviously the "original" in whatever native language it is told. Those that had writing and materials to write upon which would last are the ones you are reading today. However those who didn't have writing also passed the story on. It was a great cataclysmic event for Earth. And the Earth also tells her stories. One is mentioned in my post above.

If you would just read the links...........

That is why I put them there -- to further explain.
But then if you are not interested in learning further........

Well, what do you think about this?

The Good News Bible - 1 Samuel 4:6. "When they found out that the Lord's Covenant Box had arrived in the Hebrew camp, 7. they were afraid, and said, 'A god has come into their camp! We're lost!
8 Who can save us from those powerful gods? They are the gods who slaughtered the Egyptians in the desert!
10.The Philistines fought hard and defeated the Israelites.
11. Gods Covenant Box was captured.

More interesting info... keep reading: home.austarnet.com.au...

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by OhZone The flood story is obviously the "original" in whatever native language it is told. Those that had writing and materials to write upon which would last are the ones you are reading today. However those who didn't have writing also passed the story on. It was a great cataclysmic event for Earth. And the Earth also tells her stories. One is mentioned in my post above.

I don't know much. I think scientists are recording up those from Sumerian, Greek and Indian. They will last forever in digital technology.
People will be reading it. So don't just send our children to church and pay tribute there. Let them read other versions.

Originally posted by OhZone1 Samuel 4:6. "When they found out that the Lord's Covenant Box had arrived in the Hebrew camp, 7. they were afraid, and said, 'A god has come into their camp! We're lost!

Is the LORD the same as GOD in bible? Why it has 2 names?
To my understanding, Lord is the one I work for, Lord didn't create me nor the universe. And God is the creator.
Someone enlighten me please.

Originally posted by OhZone 8 Who can save us from those powerful gods? They are the gods who slaughtered the Egyptians in the desert!

It was Lord, and it was GodS (plural). It is confusing, a book of confusing written by confused people for confused people.
How many Gods in bible? Why they called it monotheisms? What is trinity? The gang-bang?

The gang-bang Gods slaughtered Egyptians? Jews Gods slaughtering Egyptian? Now I see that's why they always send BRUTE force to kill Palestines and Middle-Easterners.

Originally posted by OhZone 10.The Philistines fought hard and defeated the Israelites.

Philistines is Palestines?

Originally posted by OhZone11. Gods Covenant Box was captured.

Captured by who? opponent? Couldn't God or GodS just delivering it nicely to Jews?

I don't know, I don't need to know much.

Just stop sending young generations to churches, stop paying tributes. Your money is used for sending armies to kill Palestines and Middle-Easteners.
If their GodS is so powerful, why he needs your money and your obedience?

It is our money that make their GodS powerful.

posted on Aug, 8 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cibai What is trinity? The gang-bang?
The gang-bang Gods slaughtered Egyptians? Jews Gods slaughtering Egyptian? Now I see that's why they always send BRUTE force to kill Palestines and Middle-Easterners.

Your done.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join