It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scholar: Archaeology rebuffs effort to erase biblical Israel

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger

Originally posted by truthseeka
Well, at one point Egypt conquered Canaan, later in their history...but close to the time that the Israelis emerge into history.

And don't forget that Egypt is right next to Ethiopia, which are both in Africa. There's no way that Egyptians had contact with Ethiopians...

Anyway, how can you prove that the Bible is real? Seriously? How do you prove that it's the Word of God??? Last I heard you needed faith to believe that.

And yes, the Bible is based on earlier religions. But of course, you don't know history, do you edsinger???

Well actually I do somewhat and I know Geography also

Seems Egypt is near Ethiopia but not next to it, but Sudan didn't exist back then either.....

Contact is one thing but Ethiopia was its own nation , ever heard of Sheba?

BTW, did you know that there are and were BLACK Jews there?

Yes, we knew that. Also, the Ethiopians claim to have the 'Arc of the Covenant' to this day. All well known theory. But there is ample archeological evidence to support the theory that the Jews were in fact Egyptian in nationality by the time the 'Moses' period came about. An ancient Ssynagogue has even been discovered recently in Egypt. If that's not evidence, I don't know what is. So, yes, the Jewish religion (and with it, the Christian religion) are indeed Egyptian derived - much as you may not like these uncomfortable facts.
Interesting evidence even points to the posibility that the Jews were once the defacto rulers of Egypt for a period, which would tie-in with the 'Moses' character supposedly being of royal lineage (if he ever existed, that is). As far as I remember, there was indeed a Pharoah who tried to force the Egyptian state into the renunciation of their pantheon in exchange for a monotheistic religion (the proto jewish-egyptians perhaps?) - but I'm sure there are many people here far more aquainted with the Pharonic chronolgy than I am - so I'll leave that for them to discuss.

No amount of right-wing, christian revisionist psuedo-archeology can 'prove' that the bible/jehova is real - it can't be done. Does the existence of the Egyptian Book of the Dead 'prove' that Set is real??

J.

[edit on 21-7-2007 by jimbo999]

[edit on 21-7-2007 by jimbo999]

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by SomewhereinBetween

The term comes to mind of 'turdflower', and what you speak of is just that. It is based on opinion and the opinion of a small minority I might add.
Reflection in the mirror perhaps slinger? Just enquiring.

When the Bible is proven true your type just moves on or dismisses it out of hand, typical really...
When the first time happens, be sure to let me know.

And the idea of Moses and Solomon being Egyptian is a joke and a bad and misled one at that. Last I checked Canaan was not in Egypt.

As for Solomon marring an Egyptian? Not that odd at all, I mean he had a son with an Ethiopian. He was a powerful king with great wealth and wisdom.....
Really now? Well, I don't think ole king Solomon would take kindly to you calling him a joke, he couldn't help being what he was after all. And I am sure, neither would his father-in-law who so kindly gave him a nice tract of conquered land compliments of Egypt. Last time you checked you were still looking to explain Beth-el being both south and north of Egypt, so your geographic skills are nothing to marvel about, or even ponder, Slinger. When you figure out Beth-el, you will understand that Egypt was where they were from the start. Trust me on this.

Keep grabbing and you might latch onto the truth one day, but you need to look in other places besides the "tunnelvision" ones you do presently.
The only grabbing I see is your constant endeavour to find something plausible to back whatever wayward case you try and present.

The early Bible based on Egyptian Myth, geez what next, the Sumerian writings based on Irish folklore?
Nope. there is only one account of The Bible, and it is told from an Egyptian perspective. Think of me as Galileo and you as the tunnel visioned pope and his curiae.

Well said, and well argued. Strike 3 for Slinger?

J.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   
You have to remember that the Bible very clearly pointed these people out in 2nd Peter. Some will be WILLINGLY IGNORANT to the history of the FLOOD, this is a great example of the 100% accuracy of the Bible in its prophecies. There is so much proof of the Hebrew Bible and only speculation on the other side. Don't let them shake your Faith nor make up bologna exscuses like it's borrowed .

Borrowed means stolen and the Samarians STOLE the story from NOAH's CHILDREN. There is absolute proven evidence of the Jews in Egypt for over 400n years, the Egyptian ghistory and heiroglyphs say so. Do yourself a fvor and look at the story of what the Egyptians called the Hitites.

And renber always that we believ GOD created us and they bbelieve in their own god, ROCKS. Thats correct they believe we all came from rocks 3 billion years ago. They also believe in supernatural powers because it wuld tale that to make life from non living material ROCKS and WATER. So we choose to believe the Creator God violated the laws of Nature in his creation, they choose their god evolution..

Watch em scream and yell about this, but it is FACT!

EDIT - One mroe thing, I already pointed it out in other threads but it will work here. There BIBLE is Darwins book on Origin of Species. but that isn't the whole title of their BIBLE. The whole title is a racists dream and says there are FAVORED RACES ON MAN, Darwin's book has been used by everyone from Hitler to the Columbine Killers as an excuse for killing lower evolved people. And quite frankly if Darwin was correct it would be OK to kill off those that are weaker and less evolved, help evolution in it's natural selection. So remember when these people tll you this they also hold to Hitler's Ideas as well as that of the Coolumbine killers, they HAVE TOO, it is the common thread and the common sense approach to the problem of evolution.

In my faith God tells us right from wrong, in evolution it is clearly survival of the fittest, which means we are stronger than Iraqis so it's OK to kill them en masse. Now the evolutionists won't agree o this because it shows their TREU RELIGION, but you think about it, then read some of the writings of Hitler, and Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold and then tell me if I am wrong. Hitler would have gone after blacks if he could have rid the would of Jews, he wrote it and tried it. I am sure evolution people deep down inside agree that blacks are inferior because it is their RELIGION.

[edit on 7/21/2007 by theindependentjournal]

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Well it would seem by that logic that most Americans are nuts then, as we are still (debatable) a Christian Nation, and yet look at our blessings? Ever wonder how?Just cause you think you are so much smarter than everyone else doesn't mean you are, not even close. Worship your trees and whatever else you do, fine with me, but in my eyes you have no ability to gather the obvious....we are all created and you and I both know it, we just disagree on who the Creator is.

Actually, I'd be more than happy to estimate that, as a christian, you are definitely in the minority in the US. And as a christian extremist/literalist, woefully so...

J.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Our blessings, Ed?

Absolutely, we have been blessed as a Nation for the last 100 years! We are the light unto the world at the moment, we ahve our issues by all means and I would say that blessing is slipping every year, but it is still there........someday it will end.

This land was stolen from red men and built on the backs of black men, all to benefit white men. Who's blessed here, Ed? Are the women also blessed, even though they have always been put on the back burner?

My how racist of you. Stolen from the red man (that would at least make sense, how many other countries are yo accusing this of? Russia? The UK? how about them Aussies?

Ed, you are losing BIG TIME to Somewhere in this debate. I suggest you educate yourself a bit more before you blast him/her further.

Well maybe in your mind he is, he is expressing his view as I am mine, there really is no winner in these conversations as he will not change me and nor I him.

Wasn't Babylon blessed to be the greatest city in the world at one point? Didn't it eventually fall? Something to think about, Ed...

Greatest how? In mans eyes? Absolutely as the US will have its day also....but so was Rome, Athens, Alexandria yada yada yada...Whats your point?

Mine is that we have been blessed unlike any nation in the history of the earth and yet we still do not believe, I mean there are many great people here but the society keeps getting more secular by the day, sooner or later we reap what we sow.

How is that statement 'racist'?? Do you *know* what racism even is? I doubt it. Truthseeka was essentially correct.

'Blessed unlike any nation in the history of the earth'? Heheh...this is the pure propoganda of US citizen who has travelled little. This may shock you - but, nearly every ignorant fool in any country on the planet would happily make this statement of their own homeland. That is the truth. Ask a Greek, a Brit, an Aussie, a German, an Egyptian or a Frenchman the same question - and you'll get the same answer. Anywhere.

By the way, it's people like you (and your ilk - the Taliban and other religeous extremists) who are 'secularising' countries - not normal, intelligent folk.

J.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal
You have to remember that the Bible very clearly pointed these people out in 2nd Peter. Some will be WILLINGLY IGNORANT to the history of the FLOOD, this is a great example of the 100% accuracy of the Bible in its prophecies. There is so much proof of the Hebrew Bible and only speculation on the other side. Don't let them shake your Faith nor make up bologna exscuses like it's borrowed .

Borrowed means stolen and the Samarians STOLE the story from NOAH's CHILDREN. There is absolute proven evidence of the Jews in Egypt for over 400n years, the Egyptian ghistory and heiroglyphs say so. Do yourself a fvor and look at the story of what the Egyptians called the Hitites.

And renber always that we believ GOD created us and they bbelieve in their own god, ROCKS. Thats correct they believe we all came from rocks 3 billion years ago. They also believe in supernatural powers because it wuld tale that to make life from non living material ROCKS and WATER. So we choose to believe the Creator God violated the laws of Nature in his creation, they choose their god evolution..

Watch em scream and yell about this, but it is FACT!

EDIT - One mroe thing, I already pointed it out in other threads but it will work here. There BIBLE is Darwins book on Origin of Species. but that isn't the whole title of their BIBLE. The whole title is a racists dream and says there are FAVORED RACES ON MAN, Darwin's book has been used by everyone from Hitler to the Columbine Killers as an excuse for killing lower evolved people. And quite frankly if Darwin was correct it would be OK to kill off those that are weaker and less evolved, help evolution in it's natural selection. So remember when these people tll you this they also hold to Hitler's Ideas as well as that of the Coolumbine killers, they HAVE TOO, it is the common thread and the common sense approach to the problem of evolution.

In my faith God tells us right from wrong, in evolution it is clearly survival of the fittest, which means we are stronger than Iraqis so it's OK to kill them en masse. Now the evolutionists won't agree o this because it shows their TREU RELIGION, but you think about it, then read some of the writings of Hitler, and Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold and then tell me if I am wrong. Hitler would have gone after blacks if he could have rid the would of Jews, he wrote it and tried it. I am sure evolution people deep down inside agree that blacks are inferior because it is their RELIGION.

Who's talking baloney here? Rocks? Errmmm...nope pal. Not 'rocks' but chemicals - the stuff that ALL life in the universe is made of. Simple science really....and wow - look! - no supernatural beings involved....wierd huh?

J.
[edit on 7/21/2007 by theindependentjournal]

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 10:54 AM
link   
If I could make a boxing analogy here:

Someone is face down on the mat here - bleeding badly, and too groggy to regain his feet. And I don't mean SomeWhereInbetween by the way...

Perhaps it's time for the referee to step in and end this massacre now..

J.

posted on Jul, 21 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   

There is absolute proven evidence of the Jews in Egypt for over 400n years, the Egyptian ghistory and heiroglyphs say so. Do yourself a fvor and look at the story of what the Egyptians called the Hitites.

Hittites were never enslaved and in fact lived much farther north than the nation of Israel. At their height, they didn't get much farther south than Constantinople.

We've got a lot of material on Hittites and they didn't write Hebrew or even practice the same religion. Biblical archaeologists know that these are not Jews.

Evidence of the Jew in Egypt is almost nonexistant. There are a few "serpent inscriptions" in Hebrew, but there's no trove of Hebrew manuscripts or Hebrew names, and no mention by any pharaohs of going out and conquering them and bringing back slaves.

Here's the Biblical Archaeological Society's home page:
www.biblicalarchaeology.org...

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimbo999

(1)When you figure out Beth-el, you will understand that Egypt was where they were from the start.

(2)Trust me on this.

(3)Nope. there is only one account of The Bible, and it is told from an Egyptian perspective. Think of me as Galileo and you as the tunnel visioned pope and his curiae.

(4)Well said, and well argued. Strike 3 for Slinger?

J.

Wow, gone a bit and now I am loosing this debate hands down and being called a religious fanatic. Funny it is.

Well considering that the 3 main religions of the world, which would encompass at least 60% of mankind believes that Abram came from Sumer.....I would say that (1) is wrong.

(2) Not on your best day.......

(3) Egyptian perspective hmm,

There is only ONE God......well that rules out the Egyptians even if they had a leaning towards a monotheistic realm, it was not practiced in the time at question for Pharaoh did not worship ONE god.

(4) Strike 3? You mean Ball 3? You are so entitled to your opinions and such but let me make one thing clear, if the Egyptians were actually Hebrews or visa versa, how come the Semitic language is NOTHING like the pictorgraphs of hieroglyphics?

You can take what is in the Bible and automatically assume it is false and build your opinions and searches around that, just as I take the Bible to be Gods word and work from the same angle...

there are no winners in the argument, just opinions and assumptions, and you know what they say about assumptions...

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Maybe Abram was from Sum (Ur).

The Wikipedia article says this:

"Eventually, the kings of Ur became the effective rulers of Sumer."
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Thats what I thought I had said, the Bible says Abram from 'Ur' which was in Sumer, not in Egypt.

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

There is absolute proven evidence of the Jews in Egypt for over 400n years, the Egyptian ghistory and heiroglyphs say so. Do yourself a fvor and look at the story of what the Egyptians called the Hitites.

Hittites were never enslaved and in fact lived much farther north than the nation of Israel.

I think theindependentjournal has gotten the Hittites mixed up with the Hyksos?

www.britannica.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
[I think theindependentjournal has gotten the Hittites mixed up with the Hyksos?

The Hyksos were conquerers of Egypt and weren't enslaved by the Egyptians. The gods know who he's thinking of, but the Hittites don't fit the bill of "jewish slaves in Egypt" and niether do the Hyksos.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Once again, I will briefly state my belief on this, Pre-Flood stories were passed down, through the survivors.

Abram was not Egyptian..Period.

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   

..they loose and yet they don't give up.....keep em coming guys!

scholars in Europe are ignoring a wealth of archaeological evidence in seeking to discount and, ultimately, erase belief in the biblical Israel

Sleep tight dude, sleep deeper, sleep as you never wake up.

It is the other way round.

Religion, especially Catholic or Christianity has been fooling people for millenium, thye have been succeeded. They thought they are the RIGHT.

That's why they never give up.

Human are evolving and getting smarter and closer and closer to the RIGHT. But people like you, Catholic, Christian, Islam never give up on it. They fight All the way to keep the stupid old way.

If you never give up, how'd you expect others to give up?

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   

What's the big deal about Israel anyway? Don't they practice white slavery over there? Don't they also kill lots of Palestinians?

IT IS a big deal, because the OP is a Jews. And he can't stand anything about bad Israel, and they can't even stand when people call them jews.
That's why they need to make a rule stating calling a word JEWS is against the law.
Calling the word Jews is a SIN.

Isn't that happening in America?

Have anyone of you ever imagine, IF Israel and Mecca was bring down to earth, then there is NO MORE problems in this world.

So, let's work to it! We can make it, we can make this world a better place.

Nazi is not that bad, it was sending us a message.

cool down, and seek for the real problem.

No need to go far searching here and there, the problem is JEWS.

[edit on 4-8-2007 by Cibai]

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   

What about a day can be a thousands years and a thousand years a day....

A DAY is a DAY
A YEAR is a YEAR

*SNIP*

Mod Edit: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: Courtesy Is Mandatory – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 5/8/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by CibaiThe bible stole the story from Samarians! And in here you tried hard to lie and steal the story!

Lets see, Noah predates SUMER, therefore who 'stole' from who? Here is a hint for ya, Sumerians were descendants of Noah!

posted on Aug, 5 2007 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Lets see, Noah predates SUMER, therefore who 'stole' from who? Here is a hint for ya, Sumerians were descendants of Noah!

You have twisted mind.

Sumerians wrote a story about big flood, the main character in the story could be Sumerian, negro, japs whatever.

Sadly Catholic/Christian stole the story from Sumerians and claimed the main character Noah belongs to Jews. Shame on you!

Noah ----> Sumerian ----> Catholic/Christian.
And you claimed Noah is yours?

You familiar with this?
Monkeys --->Adam ---> another monkeys --->Noah ---> Abraham --->Mohammad---> James Bond, and Islam claimed that Adam was Islam, including the monkeys Noah and Abraham.

People are not dumb anymore, religion can no longer fool around. Only twisted minded stay in religion and shout out loud here in this forum that everything is Jews

Noah predates SUMER, therefore who 'stole' from who? Here is a hint for ya, Sumerians were descendants of Noah!

Pocahontas predates American, red neck American are descendants of Red Indian???

There are many buddhism story book written by Japanese Zen, Gautama predates Japanese. Japanese are descendants of Indian gautama?

Where could a brain be when it is twisted?

[edit on 5-8-2007 by Cibai]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join