It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scholar: Archaeology rebuffs effort to erase biblical Israel

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by SomewhereinBetween
and frankly I don't care what the Hebrew translation might be, all of it stems from Hieroglyphics anyway.

Well that is your right but since your mind is already made up, I have already shown how your 6000 year 'timeline' is meaningless but since you do not want to look at the Hebrew and what the words themselves mean........

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Well, now, Ed, how old is the universe then?

Surely, the Bible doesn't claim that it's over 4.5 billion years old??

We have ways of proving whether the answers we get from science are right or wrong, but we have no such thing with the Bible. And, if the current age from science is wrong, they'll simply change it, not so with dogma.
So...how old IS the universe???

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeka
Well, now, Ed, how old is the universe then?

Surely, the Bible doesn't claim that it's over 4.5 billion years old??

Bolded for purpose,

It does not say other than 'era' 'period of time' etc etc etc....

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsingerWell that is your right but since your mind is already made up, I have already shown how your 6000 year 'timeline' is meaningless but since you do not want to look at the Hebrew and what the words themselves mean........
You have? Let's see, you are such an easy pawn so simple of mind I have to force myself to relate. How about this?

What does this say?

And G-d called the firmament Heaven. And there was evening and there was morning, a second day. www.breslov.com...
And this?

And G-d called the firmament Heaven And there was evening and there was morning, a second day. www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org...
And this?

And God called the firmament Heaven. And there was evening and there was morning, a second day. www.mechon-mamre.org...

Do you know better than they? Are they lying or you? If it is era then pray tell why the Jewish calendar believes we are only in the 5,765th year of creation, and if it is an era?

You silly man! What you have been studying Hebrew for half an hour and wish to present yourself as an expert on the translation?

Care to test your Hebraic skills in a Jewish forum eddy?

[edit on 3/9/05 by SomewhereinBetween]

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I never claimed I could read Hebrew I just understand that the word could mean multiple things, not just a sunrise-sunrise.........

What about a day can be a thousands years and a thousand years a day, you believe what you will, think of it this way, we will both know the truth one day....

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
I never claimed I could read Hebrew I just understand that the word could mean multiple things, not just a sunrise-sunrise.........
So then you wish to believe it means era. Fabulous! How about we call it an era then. Maybe you can tell me how long that would be, and why the Hebrew calendar after adding all the years of the Biblical characters think we are in year 5764, and...

What about a day can be a thousands years and a thousand years a day, you believe what you will, think of it this way, we will both know the truth one day....
Glad you asked, I knew I erased this part of my response for a reason. Pay close attention now if yoou want to use that idiot Paul's definition of a day equalling thousand years:

Exodus' 6 days would equate to 6,000 years
Plus the seventh days of rest would make it 7,000 years before Adam saw the light of day.
He lived to be 930 years, so from him it would be 330,150+ a few per the Hebrew calendar until Noah's time. Can you say evolution or Sumarian mythology?
Revelation calls for 7 years 3 days before the world goes pffft. Equating same to the calendrical years of the first century AD, that amounts to by your standards, 2,558,000 years minimum, as we know them to be.

Shouldn't you be telling your apocalyptic brotherhood that they suffer angst for absolutely no reason?

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I think you are just delusional is all, you can believe your secularists propaganda all you wish,

Hebrew calender at 5700 years.hmmm, it would seem that if you trace the lineage of the Christ which was listed and the 'begots' in he OT the times just do not add up simplistically and I am ok with that,

as for the last week of Daniel, there seems to be 1260 days missing doesn't it?

Keep in mind, 360 days was a year, so the feast of Tabernacle falls all times of the year doesn't it?

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 10:40 PM
link   
So what's the point Ed? I still see no reliable evidence presented by yourself to back your claims. Therefore, I believe YOU are the delusional one...

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 10:49 PM
link   

I think you are just delusional is all, you can believe your secularists propaganda all you wish,

Hebrew calender at 5700 years.hmmm, it would seem that if you trace the lineage of the Christ which was listed and the 'begots' in he OT the times just do not add up simplistically and I am ok with that,
You must have been suffering from an apoplectic fit when you wrote that drivel. Why exactly do you think the Hebrew calendar is dated 5,765 currently, singer? Because they liked the number?

Your ignorance of anything historical particularly regarding The Bible is staggering. But rather than take my word for it, why don't you do some Googling on the history of the Hebrew calendar and post your results. I promise not to respond with smilies but know I already am laughing.

as for the last week of Daniel, there seems to be 1260 days missing doesn't it?
Only if you believe that tripe and fall for the incorrect accounting of same to begin with. BTW, this leads me back to 1 day =1,000 years. That makes Danny's prophecy 4,900,000 years. I don't think you have to worry about a planet falling on your head and knocking some sense into your nonsense, singer.

[edit on 3/10/05 by SomewhereinBetween]

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 11:36 PM
link   
You still dont get it, a day does not mean 24hours, it can but not always in the sense of the hebrew.....

So I guess Noah didnt live to be 600 years either then?

It doesnt matter, you don't believ and that is your right, we will all know one day and I can say I didnt deny my Creator...........

EDIT:

And what if it does mean a ~24 hour period? I ahvent ruled that out either, I do not worship mother nature nor her bastard child evolution.

[edit on 10-3-2005 by edsinger]

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   

You still dont get it, a day does not mean 24hours, it can but not always in the sense of the hebrew.....
No I don't get it because Christians have decided to change it to fit their own agenda. And who cares if it is 24 hours? A day was considered from sundown to sundown. A year was considered 360 sundowns up until the 4th century bce. 24 hours can hardly be stretched into a thousand years, no matter how you try singer.

So I give you the synopses;

God created the earth in 6 days:
The idiot Christian's revere, said that one day is equal to 1,000 years.
Hence my math cannot be incorrect.

Which makes the revelation of 7 years and 3 days equal to 2,523,000 years.

Christian beliefs are dependent on the Hebrew Bible as you look to claim the words within same to prove your Jesus. Jews meanwhile have accounted for only 5,765 years as we know a year to be. Accept all of their beliefs or accept none, the latter would have provided a short life for your religion.

Daniel speaks to some prophecy equating to 70 weeks, or in some circles 77 weeks, where a day equates to a year. If your God Paul is correct, that 70 equates to 490,000 years. When later Christians institute their perverse and selective judgement, that becomes 490 years, where the measurement in Revelation is typically now portrayed as 70 weeks as we know it to be or 490 days. Christian heresy: 490,000 years equals 490 years equals 490 days as it suits their purpose.

How corrupt and downright devilish is that?

Make up your vacuous minds already and stop trying to tell those with a semblance of intelligence that a year has multiple meanings. We know you do this because you make excuses for the false prophecies that have not come true or to play with numbers to make them come true. The fool Paul had no more connection to anything heavenly than he did to sex with a woman. Nor do Christians who think they reserve the right to assign a day as a day. A year or a thousand years has no connection to God, he is after all without time, endless, infinite.

A daily measurement of time cannot be all of a day, a week or a year, especially since you have no backing within the text itself to support you.

Your idealogy is skewed, nonsensical and baseless.

So I guess Noah didnt live to be 600 years either then?

It doesnt matter, you don't believe and that is your right, we will all know one day and I can say I didnt deny my Creator...........
Don't ask me such silly questions slinger. Noah lived nowhere near 60 years, if he lived at all. What, did God only count in mutiples of 5 with the addition of the occassional 7? Ask me the real question which is: do I believe the Bible? the answer is a resounding NO! It is the story of an Egyptian sect and its evolution of its history and its gods.

You revere the Gods of Egypt, and I do not. period!

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   
You know I have waited to answer you and not because I needed it, I for one wanted you to think about your argument and what I said and how you automatically dismiss it.

Well what if God did create the world in 6 24-hour days? I can not say that he didn't no more than I can say he did.

Thing is, he did create it and just because you and I do not understand 4000 year old Hebrew doesn't mean you are right...

Just keep that in mind,

So you prove to me that it wasn't created in 6 'days' , you cant either..

Originally posted by SomewhereinBetween
You revere the Gods of Egypt, and I do not. period!

I still find this laughable but somewhereoutthere this is a conspiracy board.

[edit on 12-3-2005 by edsinger]

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsingerWell what if God did create the world in 6 24-hour days? I can not say that he didn't no more than I can say he did.
Then if he did, the Daniel and Revelation prophecies are hundreds of thousands of years away and instead of battering your heads by trying to argue with people like me, you should be extending such efforts into reining in those spewing the nonsense of the apocalypse 7 years hence, and at least present a united front. Such is the confusion with Christianity, it is so far off course and so demonic in nature that its followers cannot agree amongst themselves.

Thing is, he did create it and just because you and I do not understand 4000 year old Hebrew doesn't mean you are right...just keep that in mind,
Oh he created it all right. And I have a choice; believe a day is a day where Daniel's dream and the tormented mind behind Revelation were they real would also have to agree to a day being a day, or call them flagrant delusions from psychotic minds. I conclude the latter for both. Unlike you, I won't be going around playing with an abacus to make each fit my distorted opinions, nor will I pretend to know how long we have been around, for the good book and any theological assessment is dismissed by me as unadulterated crap!

So you prove to me that it wasn't created in 6 'days' , you cant either..
I have nothing to prove, singer, you do! I make no submission that God created everything in 6 days, nor do I believe in Daniel's 70/77 weeks or Revelation's 7 years. You do. It is yours to prove since you flaunt it, and mine to show just how bereft of analytical skill you are.

In case you have missed my position as outlined elsewhere, it amounts to assessing your Bible, all of it, as fantasy, created by warped, ignorant minds and propagated by same.

I still find this laughable but somewhereoutthere this is a conspiracy board.
Of course you do, for were you and other religious slaves even to allow yourselves a real thought, you would become an empty shell, camped out on the stairway of churches bankrupted and abandoned by the masses.

Whatever would you do if left to think for yourselves?

[edit on 3/12/05 by SomewhereinBetween]

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Well it would seem by that logic that most Americans are nuts then, as we are still (debatable) a Christian Nation, and yet look at our blessings? Ever wonder how?Just cause you think you are so much smarter than everyone else doesn't mean you are, not even close. Worship your trees and whatever else you do, fine with me, but in my eyes you have no ability to gather the obvious....we are all created and you and I both know it, we just disagree on who the Creator is.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Our blessings, Ed?

This land was stolen from red men and built on the backs of black men, all to benefit white men. Who's blessed here, Ed? Are the women also blessed, even though they have always been put on the back burner?

Ed, you are losing BIG TIME to Somewhere in this debate. I suggest you educate yourself a bit more before you blast him/her further.

Wasn't Babylon blessed to be the greatest city in the world at one point? Didn't it eventually fall? Something to think about, Ed...

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Our blessings, Ed?

Absolutely, we have been blessed as a Nation for the last 100 years! We are the light unto the world at the moment, we ahve our issues by all means and I would say that blessing is slipping every year, but it is still there........someday it will end.

This land was stolen from red men and built on the backs of black men, all to benefit white men. Who's blessed here, Ed? Are the women also blessed, even though they have always been put on the back burner?

My how racist of you. Stolen from the red man (that would at least make sense, how many other countries are yo accusing this of? Russia? The UK? how about them Aussies?

Ed, you are losing BIG TIME to Somewhere in this debate. I suggest you educate yourself a bit more before you blast him/her further.

Well maybe in your mind he is, he is expressing his view as I am mine, there really is no winner in these conversations as he will not change me and nor I him.

Wasn't Babylon blessed to be the greatest city in the world at one point? Didn't it eventually fall? Something to think about, Ed...

Greatest how? In mans eyes? Absolutely as the US will have its day also....but so was Rome, Athens, Alexandria yada yada yada...Whats your point?

Mine is that we have been blessed unlike any nation in the history of the earth and yet we still do not believe, I mean there are many great people here but the society keeps getting more secular by the day, sooner or later we reap what we sow.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Let's see, SWIB 4, Eddy 2, come on Eddy, you can come back! Just learn things about history, reality, facts.....

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Let's see, SWIB 4, Eddy 2, come on Eddy, you can come back! Just learn things about history, reality, facts.....

Well that depends on what your definition of is is, facts in whose mind? History from whose angle? Reality according to what?

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   

What's the big deal about Israel anyway? Don't they practice white slavery over there?

They do?

Can we all agree there are "some" biblical truths and archaeological evidence that helps support the bible?

Yes there are some myths and legends, but sometimes myths and legends become fact.

I believe the story of the flood has been found also in the Sumerian legend of Ziusudra

IN Babylonian Enlil tells the gods to destroy all humans with a flood, but then Enki had Atrahasis build an ark.

could enki and Enlil be the future gods of the hebrews?

www.talkorigins.org...

posted on Jul, 20 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Well what if God did create the world in 6 24-hour days? I can not say that he didn't no more than I can say he did.

Yes why is that impossible?

What if this god was just the ultimate supreme intelectual force,

Look at what science is on the verge of today, one scientists managed to make a mini universe in a laboratory, soon we will be able accomplish almost anything.

PHYSICISTS IN JAPAN PLAN TO CREATE NEW UNIVERSE IN LAB
www.casavaria.com...

While it sounds like a dangerous undertaking, the physicists involved believe that if the project is successful, the space-time around a tiny point within our universe will be distorted in such a way that it will begin to form a new superfluid space, and eventually break off, separate in all respects from our experience of space and time, causing no harm to the fabric of our universe.

we have a modern ark
'Frozen Ark' to save animal DNA
news.bbc.co.uk...

Lets take this to a new level, the Bible says we are co-creators with Christ,

Christ said,"

"and I say yea all are gods."

How do we know what the prophets actually saw when the encountered angels and heard the voice of god?

[edit on 20-7-2007 by Stormdancer777]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join