It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats new, combat flight simulators..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   
HI guys,

Years ago I bought the DID Ocean (digital image design) F22 combat flight simulator and had the best time playing it. Wonderful terrain graphics, cockpit controls, mission tasks and so on. Ever since I have been looking for something simular or better but can not find it.

The latest I found was tom clancy's ubisoft HAWX which is not that bad but still can not compete with the 1998 DID F22.

Any suggestions..?

Thx Zat.

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: zatara

With the advent of console gaming becoming the biggest market most games designers have left this type of simulation behind but as I remember IL2 Sturmovik a flight simulator game based on the eastern front during ww2 was a pretty good one.
Still I was more of a fan of the freespace type game's which were very unrealistic space simulation's so perhaps not the best person to chirp up on this one.

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Hey,

since I also like combat flight simulators alot, there are two games that I can recomend.

First is "Digital Combat Simulator World" and the second one is "Arma 3".
Both are mil- sims with very good flight systems and amazing graphics. They are not only for flying jets (also helis,tanks, boats etc) but the flying is great in both.
Arma 3 for example is also used as a training tool in the German Army - and the makers of it also make comercial Helicopter Simulators (wich use the same engine).

Both games are available for purchase and download in Steam.

cheers

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   

This looks pretty good

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I highly recommend Aerofly fs 2019 for iPhone and android. Best flight sim for on the go action ever. Most of the buttons work and the 3d modeling/graphics are incredible. Worth every penny.

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Thx Spacespider, haven't seen this one before and it looks good. It has just been released in january this year. I will definitely check it out.

edit on 13/6/2019 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: MAVERICKANDGOOSE

Also looks nice but isn't a combat simulator...so far I can see. Thx anyways for your suggestion.

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Have you tried Flight sims in VR?

even the bad ones are pretty spectacular!

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

No I have not tried VR yet but must indeed be a wild experience. At age 55 I hope that VR technology will develop fast and will become affordable for the less fortunate among the rich. Looking forward to that one yes..

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   

It already is affordable... You can grab a lightly used VR set for a very reasonable price... especially now because they just released a ton of new sets and everyone is getting rid of their old stuff to buy new ones...

I just picked up a windows Mixed reality set for $175... regular $400... and it was local... and there was at least 5 other sets going for less then half their new price on Kijiji in my immediate area...

Plus IF you don't think your Cpu/gpu can run VR... you'd actually be surprized how modest the minimum specs actually are... which are no where near what they tell you... I run WMR on specs that are far below the required power, and it works fantastic... though IF you run VR on minimum specs don't expect to play the triple A games... but a lot of the best experiences are cheap to absolutely free

ANd Even IF you don't have a decent machine... you can pick up an Oculus GO for $250 in Canada... so that means in other countries its like $50 LMAO!!

edit on 13-6-2019 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 05:05 PM
link   
DCS is the best possible. Just have a fairly recent PC and flight stick and you'll be fine.

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

I have Ace Combat 7 and it is really good.

All of the ace combats were.

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 08:40 PM
link   

You ever play No_man's Sky?

That is going VR sometime this summer.
I can't wait!
I love that game.

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkblade71

You ever play No_man's Sky?

That is going VR sometime this summer.
I can't wait!
I love that game.

Never actually played it, but I own a copy specifically because its going VR... had to travel 50km to get a copy but oh ya.... I got that

Can't wait for it to come out

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 09:01 PM
link   

You will love it.

After playing with my Vive for a year now, and buying a lot of crappy VR games,
this is one that I already know will be a complete hit in VR.

It is fun without VR!

You should try it a little before the VR update comes out.
Just so you know how not to die at the start.

lol

It has everything from space combat to flying around really weird planets,actual base building...etc.
When I first started playing it, it seemed made for VR.

I freaked out when I saw they were going to make a VR update.
It has everything VR is missing.

new topics

top topics

join