It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

25 MIC scientists suicided in 5 years working on STAR WARS project

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: deckdel
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

Sounds like obvious Russian work. They worked thru threats by good old methods on ground: don’t fight the system, fight the men behind the system.

That was my initial thought when I looked into it as well, but then when I looked further into the technology that I thought they were working on, and some of the comments on this thread, AND the manner in which the British gov covered for these "suicides", I started to think it might be "NATO" tying up loose ends - killing their "own".

The stuff they were working on, IMHO, is a lot like what Tesla worked on and probably laser weapons as well. I have a suspicion that many of these people working on this project might have enough information, within their compartmentalized section, to reproduce much of the larger project as a whole, once they had their small part perfected. Meaning, they might not work on part A, but being an electrical engineer, they know how do to part A - they worked on part B, which works in conjunction with part A to create weapon X.

Now some of these people might blab (as mentioned above) that they figured out what part XYZ was for and what the bigger picture was - which would compromise OPSEC of the entire program. Then there's the problem of being able to replicate the project for an outside entity (foreign gov) if they were kidnapped or whatever.

I wonder if some of these people might not have been "relocated" and "suicided" in fake accidents. Basically put in a program like the witness protection program, but for scientists who have critical defense secrets that CAN NOT fall into enemy hands. Think about the danger of these 25 people remaining in their personal lives if the story got out on what they worked on. They and their family would be in danger from USSR blackmail & kidnapping and could extort them to work for them - so they "suicide" them and give them a new life. That might be more optimistic than what really happened, but killing your own might not inspire future scientists to be to willing to work for the DOD/MOD.

So IDK. This could go many different ways and I'd have to look much deeper into the surrounding facts around the suicides/accidents as well as what the families went on to do after loosing their fathers/husbands. I have a feeling some of these people might still be alive and maybe even doing further research in "black budget" projects. What better people to do research than some "sequestered" scientists that don't even exist anymore. Think about how much could be done with 25-100 top scientists (the 100 comes from all other scientists who met untimely deaths in the US/UK/EU last 50-70 years) who have no oversight, no one to go home to and basically unlimited budget. I suspect these people were working in a field they loved and what better deal than getting your dream lab to develop whatever they could in a super lab full of other people in the same situation. No family to distract and many already passing on their genes (kids)- they could watch (family) from afar (reports/surveillance) as they go on to work on truly ground breaking research that might just help protect "the west" in the future. That seems like the best scenario possible, IMO, for what happened. Worst cases - DOD/MOD did it to their own.
edit on 6 14 2019 by DigginFoTroof because: (no reason given)

edit on 6 14 2019 by DigginFoTroof because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

originally posted by: infinite8
Bobs_uruncle Dave,
Can you tell us the book you published so we can buy it?

It's boring lol, like I said more like a journal, I kept pretty good notes and logs to work from. It's about working for the military, day-to-day stuff, the r&d, etc generally. I did add in my times running around the borders, commissioning my systems, Angola and the hunt, getting shot, getting into shootouts, terrorists, etc. It's was a crazy life back then.

Hell I had to go from Jan kempdorp ammunition depot 93ad to witbank 92ad in one day, I got three speeding tickets all over 200kph. One in bloemhoff, one in klerksdorp and another in potchestroom, that was the worst, 239 in an 80. All of them paid for by the military, it was business. It was normally easier to just pay the fines than have them clear courtrooms for me lol. I did go to court for the bloemhof ticket though, the judge wanted to meet me, wouldn't let them pay the ticket. He dismissed the charges and then he, the prosecutor and I had lunch lol.

Cheers - Dave

What were you driving that day? why didn't they just fly you there (chopper or small plane)?

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof

Bobs_uruncle Dave,

It's boring lol, like I said more like a journal, I kept pretty good notes and logs to work from. It's about working for the military, day-to-day stuff, the r&d, etc generally. I did add in my times running around the borders, commissioning my systems, Angola and the hunt, getting shot, getting into shootouts, terrorists, etc. It's was a crazy life back then.

Hell I had to go from Jan kempdorp ammunition depot 93ad to witbank 92ad in one day, I got three speeding tickets all over 200kph. One in bloemhoff, one in klerksdorp and another in potchestroom, that was the worst, 239 in an 80. All of them paid for by the military, it was business. It was normally easier to just pay the fines than have them clear courtrooms for me lol. I did go to court for the bloemhof ticket though, the judge wanted to meet me, wouldn't let them pay the ticket. He dismissed the charges and then he, the prosecutor and I had lunch lol.

Cheers - Dave

What were you driving that day? why didn't they just fly you there (chopper or small plane)?

My pilot was tied up with the managing director that day. I used the plane when I could, our pilot, Mike, was a wild man. Former South rhodesian air force so he would take that piper chieftan twin turbo and do some very roller coaster park maneuvers :-) BMW m5 that day lol. When I went to Angola I hit 286.

When I think back, I came so close to dying so many times :-)

Cheers - Dave
edit on 6/14.2019 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2019 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Bobs_uruncle Dave,

Cheers - Dave

As a South African I can say this sounds legit.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join