It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two more tankers have been attacked in the Strait of Hormuz

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Now, as opposed to then, they think they can win.

then they did not think so, and were more circumspect.

Now that they have been paid they got monies to burn.

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

The difference is Iran attacked any gulf state’s shipping if they supported Iraq.

"if they supported Iraq"

Wasn't that "carrying Iraq's oil".

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: thedigirati

Now, as opposed to then, they think they can win.

While their sanity may be at question, I sincerely doubt they can win more than they know they could be a thorn in everyone's ass. Just in that region alone, Israel and Saudi Arabia could probably take them, but it would not be without cost.

Now that they have been paid they got monies to burn.

Is that in reference to a portion of frozen assets returned to them? If so, in a war of this scale, I think it may take more than that to fund the endeavor.

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Saudi Arabia, right? Is that who shall go unnamed? If that's the case, why in the hell are we selling them weapons?

Or maybe he was thinking Israel?

They're five days late. USS Liberty anniversary was days ago. This would have been a perfect false flag if they could have pulled it off ON THE anniversary!

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
a reply to: Fallingdown

The difference is Iran attacked any gulf state’s shipping if they supported Iraq.

"if they supported Iraq"

Wasn't that "carrying Iraq's oil".

Kind of like the sinking of the RMS Lusitania.

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Negotiations have failed, or interesting coincidence?

Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe was in Tehran, trying to negotiate between the United States and Iran, when news broke that a Japanese-owned ship was among the two targets.

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

From what they’re saying on television.

A navy crewmember spotted a unexploded mine on the outside of one of the supertankers .

Probably a limpet type mine which would mean at least there’s not a mine field .

Could be anybody.

Looking at it objectively.

Iran has too much to lose Saudi Arabia has everything to gain.

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Looks like Iran is being blamed, mines were used, not torpedoes reportedly.

Just in case, prepare for $10 per gallon fuel if there is war.

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Iran launched around 200 attacks on supertankers that were flaged in 30 different countries .

So no they weren’t all carrying Iraq oil .

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Don’t know who to trust on this one....Could be Mossad....Houthis....or Iran....with all the madness going on in the world...most likely Iran.
edit on 13-6-2019 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

Since President Trump is not a Democrat, he values human lives. The president would get rid of the leadership without triggering a major war with Iran. The Iranian people would then choose new leadership.

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 05:21 PM
link   
The ships were actually S.E. of the strait of Hormuz in the Gulf of Oman yet by the map were close to Iran. Of course the news is being ramped up and pointing a big finger at Iran so if it was a false flag mission accomplished..youtu.be...

Also the sanctions have Iran paying a terrible price with their economy which no doubt there are assets in Iran trying to stir up discontent and revolution; call it a Persian Spring that just seems to not get going very well under the iron thumb of the Mullahs...

Iran grapples with soaring inflation (some say up to 50% inflation), negative growth under US sanctions has been some of the headlines since the sanctions were imposed..

As much as I hate to see this, the drums of war are being unpacked .... Pompeo's statement begins at 7:53 youtu.be... which contains a long list of offenses by Iran.

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 08:17 PM
link   
How many of these events do they even need to oull.
before they move on to iran?
Why not just invade Iran without all the framing. Each time?

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: signalhill

Dear ATS Readers, Writers,

Hello signalhill, thanks for adding your thoughts to this mess.

Nations have historically needed a "plausible deniability" or some "quasi-legal" internationally speaking "excuse" before killing a bunch of people somewhere.

The masses seem to accept insane actions like war more readily when these "laws" are broken by some nation.

Pravdaseeker

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: pravdaseeker

This I fully agree with.
There has to be reason for starting a war.

War is crazy.

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
The ships were actually S.E. of the strait of Hormuz in the Gulf of Oman yet by the map were close to Iran. Of course the news is being ramped up and pointing a big finger at Iran so if it was a false flag mission accomplished..youtu.be...

Also the sanctions have Iran paying a terrible price with their economy which no doubt there are assets in Iran trying to stir up discontent and revolution; call it a Persian Spring that just seems to not get going very well under the iron thumb of the Mullahs...

Iran grapples with soaring inflation (some say up to 50% inflation), negative growth under US sanctions has been some of the headlines since the sanctions were imposed..

As much as I hate to see this, the drums of war are being unpacked .... Pompeo's statement begins at 7:53 youtu.be... which contains a long list of offenses by Iran.

Just think America has stuck their fingers into the hornet's nest enough times in the middle east the last 30 years, time for somebody else to bear the brunt. Israel can't do it overtly which leaves Saudi Arabia. LOL America will get blamed any way but time for our military and their families to sit one out in my estimation. Not that they aren't capable because they could slap them down Iran, just time for a local military to do it.

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 09:04 PM
link   
The unexploded mine attached to one of the tanker ships was removed by an unmarked Iranian boat.

"A U.S. official told Fox News an Iranian gunboat approached the Kokuka Courageous later in the day and removed the unexploded triangular-shaped limpet mine, the same type of mine used to damage four other tankers in the Gulf of Oman last month."

www.foxnews.com...

The Iranians beat the other countries to it. All ships had better be careful. There are probably more mines out there.

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Iran blowing up a few tankers isnt enough to get the UN to allow an attack on them and they know it.

First of all they will be covered by all the false flag BS we see crayoned all over this thread, enough of that smoke to say there isnt enough evidence to attack Iran.

Then they know that Russia and China (and many others) wont sanction a strike on Iran.

So why wouldnt they bomb a few ships, they have threatened to close the SoH and now slowly they are saying, look what happens if we decide it off our coast.

Who knows what goes on in the Mad Mullahs minds but to say there is no evidence, or they wouldnt or that it must be a false flag is exactly why they can bomb these ship with impunity.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Yes another source with video: www.theepochtimes.com...

The U.S. military’s Central Command has released a video and some still photographs on June 14 that it says shows Iran’s Revolutionary Guard Corp (IRGC) removing an unexploded limpet mine from one of the oil tankers targeted near the strategic Strait of Hormuz, suggesting that Iran sought to remove evidence of its involvement from the scene.

U.S. Central Command spokesman Bill Urban released the black-and-white footage and two still color photographs. The military says the video shows an IRGC Gashti Class patrol boat approaching the Kokuka Courageous “and was observed and recorded removing (an) unexploded limpet mine from the M/T Kokuka Courageous.”

US Central command statement t.co...

Link to pictures www.centcom.mil...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join