It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two more tankers have been attacked in the Strait of Hormuz

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Iran has nothing to gain by starting a war. This is probably a false flag, like those "chemical attacks" in Syria (which the UN's most senior chemical weapons guy pointed out were absolutely not dropped out of a helicopter as claimed by the Rebels, but were almost certainly placed there manually).

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   
only who's is benefitting this action is SA. they need high oilprizes..and take iran douwn as bonus....

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: ressiv
only who's is benefitting this action is SA. they need high oilprizes..and take iran douwn as bonus....

There are many parties with interest at play, While SA is certainly one of them, they are not the end all be all in this one IMO.

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   
SA has an "carta -blanka" from the USA bet they are the initiators nothing too loose all to win

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: ressiv
SA has an "carta -blanka" from the USA bet they are the initiators nothing too loose all to win

Maybe.

And maybe Bibi has to speed up his timeline on preventing a nuclear Iran. Seeing as they will be redoing the election in September, his time to act may be months.

But to be honest, it is all speculation at this point. If I had it my way, cooler heads would prevail.

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Saudi Arabia, right? Is that who shall go unnamed? If that's the case, why in the hell are we selling them weapons?

Unlikely, since there were four similar tanker explosions on May 12th where two tankers belonged to Saudi Arabia, one to Norway, and the 4th to the Emirates.

It is not at all uncommon to sacrifice some of your own for the bigger agenda.

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue
a reply to: 727Sky

Iran has not attacked any other country in over 200 years.

Whats in it for Iran to take on the US as an agressor?

whats far more likely is that Iran is being provoked into retaliating to provocations by a major power so they can them claim to the world that they have been attacked therefore they can use that as an excuse to bomb Iran back to the stone age like Iraq., Afghanistan, and now Syria have.

What exactly has Iran done wrong in the world such that it can be credibly called a threat to other countries ?????

Why would Iran who can physically see with their own two eyes what the US does to any country that runs foul of them can do in retaliation.

Would it be the case that Iran is being provoked into a war it undoubtedly does not want so that a major superpower can plunder Irans vast oil resources just like it would appear they have done to other countries in recent and not so recent past?

Is it the case that this major power is taking orders from a very small but very powerful country in the mid east and is provoking a war with Iran even though they know its an insane thing to do?

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   
My spidey senses are on overload today, I have no rational explaination for it being China, but that is where my intuition goes.

I think this is a feint from China to distract President Trump AND hurt Japan at the same time. ( mucho bad blood history there)

Distract President Trump, then negotiate while his head is not in the game (as much)

I think that is why my fingers typed "is this chess or go", I had to self analyze why that happened.

Plus, it would give more need for "rare earth elements" used in hi-tech weapons, better Value for China.

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Dear ATS Readers, Writers,

Thanks 727Sky for this report/post.

Very disturbing news to read of course. The downstream implications or what sometimes is called "blowback" will probably not end up being a good thing, is my guess.

There are many nations with submarines these days. I see many folks making guesses as to who did it...who bloody fired the torpedoes... that I am afraid is an answer we may never really know.

I saw where someone thought maybe Saudi Arabia may have done it.... as they would have some benefit from it. Considering their decisions not long ago with chopping up an important dude in their consulate... ??

What I can gather Saudi Arabia doesn't have any submarines, but are trying to buy 5 from Germany.

Iran has lots of subs, but has denied any part of the attacks... and helped rescue a few dozen sailors from the stricken vessels. Who knows???

Israel has gotten a lot more buddy-buddy with Saudi Arabia... being as they BOTH hate Iran with a purple passion. Who knows?? Did Israel do it for Saudi Arabia... they were crying foul at the much lower crude oil prices lately.

We, as common sheeple of the nations, will not be privy to any real insider info as to who REALLY did the deeds. These type of scenarios are often ripe for false flag operations, and the desired outcome of sinister forces against peace in the world.

We may be told who did it by MSM.... but will it be the truth? Partial truth? Or outright lie? Again, we common peasants may never know the exact facts. Just the possible really bad outcome and downstream effects of this violence.

Pravdaseeker

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   

a reply to: Silcone Synapse

Not likely. Two of the tankers that were attacked last month belonged to Saudi Arabia and Israel relies on them heavily to deter Iran throughout the region.

You know what "false flag" means..right? And you know Israel will even attack their friends, to get the ball rolling..right?

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

originally posted by: putnam6
Well pics and videos dont look bogus, they are pretty much on fire, both were hit by torpedos. Both hit relatively close to Iran's coast. Hate it but sooner or later its gonna warrant a US very well measured response.

Why?
Not our ships.
Not our cargo.

Let the Japanese respond.

Japan can yell and scream all they want but basically, that's it, they are under US protection. They have little military and nothing they could project to the region. Obviously got to find who is responsible, if its not Iran, need to have safe passage in the gulf. Can definitely see a few different players as possibilities. I trust no one in the region including ourselves LOL.
edit on 13-6-2019 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Why wouldn't be Iran be behind it?

Hell they took school students hostage once upon a time.

Religious theocracys aren't known for 'smart' thinking.
edit on 13-6-2019 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

a reply to: Silcone Synapse

Not likely. Two of the tankers that were attacked last month belonged to Saudi Arabia and Israel relies on them heavily to deter Iran throughout the region.

You know what "false flag" means..right? And you know Israel will even attack their friends, to get the ball rolling..right?

Look up the attack on the USS Liberty in 1967. It was a USN spy ship that was monitoring the Arab/Israeli War. Israel attacked it, and later claimed it was a case of mistaken identity, but it has since been proven they knew it was a US ship.

In any case, either Israel or Saudi Arabia are far more likely culprits than Iran.

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Well I think some evidence of Iran doing it would be good before any actions are taken.

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Yes, I know all about the Liberty, that is my reference point! And I agree, Israel, and SA have a vested interest in stirring this pot.

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   

a reply to: carewemust

Why would Iran go out of its way to basically commit suicide? Because let's be honest, if it is Iran then they just committed suicide. You really believe they would do that? Why?

Iran attacked tankers with rocket propelled grenades and mined the Persian Gulf in the 80s .

There is precedence
edit on 13-6-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown

a reply to: carewemust

Why would Iran go out of its way to basically commit suicide? Because let's be honest, if it is Iran then they just committed suicide. You really believe they would do that? Why?

Iran attacked tankers with rocket propelled grenades and mined the Persian Gulf in the 80s .

There is precedence

Wasn't that primarily aimed at Iraqi assets following an Iraq attack on an Iranian oil terminal?

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Iraq and Iran attacked each other‘s tankers. There was minimal damage.

The difference is Iran attacked any gulf state’s shipping if they supported Iraq.

Iran’s mining of the Persian Gulf damaged a supertanker and a US frigate .

Either way there is precedent for today’s actions .

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

That's fair.

Considering the gravity of that war, their actions then while not justifiable made more sense than if they are indeed behind more recent events.

If they are the culprit now, they're really playing with fire.

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Iraq started the Iraq-Iran war and the oil shipping issues.

Do you think if someone attacked US oil infrastructure in the US the US would do nothing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join